• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

magawolaz

Gonna do some practice now with my DS3...

Wait a minute, I have Engine Tuning Stage 2, is that stock or did I fuck it up when I got the DLC?

Nevermind, I see I have 197bhp so it should be okay.

I'm definitely faster on SSR5, got to 1:33.5 going all out.
The car has a Stage 2 engine by default, don't worry.

Niks

2oOii.gif

YXEcf.png

Credits to Polyphony for the Logo and Niks for the banner!

Roadster Cup

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1323028800z0.png

Allowed cars:
Mazda Roadster TC (DLC car)
Tuning allowed:
No Tuning​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft
Track:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (10 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 (10 laps)
Laps:
See above
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (10 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Risk Breaker
  • 04 - weekend_warrior
  • 05 - chillumchilla
  • 06 - Syn23
  • 07 - magawolaz
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - 2scoops
  • 10 - Dibbz
  • 11 - SunhiLegend
  • 12 - l2ound
  • 13 - Kaze 13
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - gynoug79
  • R2 - Polyphony
  • R3 - Metalmurphy
  • R4 - Norante
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

iGVsjQr1dlm1B.gif

League Standings:

Coming soon, stand by for transmission... (still haven't had the time)

Niks

Joining the lounge.
Everyone, remember to change your cars number.

Players Participating:
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Risk Breaker
  • 04 - weekend_warrior
  • 05 - chillumchilla
  • 06 - Syn23
  • 07 - magawolaz
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - 2scoops
  • 10 - Dibbz
  • 11 - SunhiLegend
  • 12 - l2ound
  • 13 - Kaze 13
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - gynoug79
  • R2 - Polyphony
  • R3 - Metalmurphy
  • R4 - Norante
  • R5 -

l2ounD

:(

60GB ? 40GB ? 80GB ? Slim ?

Yea, was an old school 60 fatty.. it broke down a few times before with just the red lights and I had it fixed. This time ill just let it RIP and buy a new one. Good thing Christmas is right round the corner. :/

Yea, was an old school 60 fatty.. it broke down a few times before with just the red lights and I had it fixed. This time ill just let it RIP and buy a new one. Good thing Christmas is right round the corner. :/

I traded my old 60gig in for a new PS3 slim when it started showing signs of death.

Toxa

my favorite model but sadly unreliable :( swith for a slim

Toxa

for some reason the quali for the first race failed tonight

results :
846309IMGP0926.jpg

about fastest lap :
210569IMGP0922.jpg

qualify for the second race is ongoing

Syn23

Suddenly everyone around me except nabijemte disappeared... I still don't know if you're still racing or not. :\

Syn23

I'm sad I couldn't race properly tonight. The first race was great till it lasted, I was having a great battle with Dibbz and TWO-SCOOP and then I got bumped from behind, when there wasn't anyone behind me. If someone saved the replay please watch it and tell me what you see. Lap 7, before the corkscrew.

In the second race, lap 2, everyone around me literally disappeared and I could only see nabijemte, stationary on the first corner. The HUD somehow resetted and it said that I was the first of two drivers. So I quitted and wasn't able to see you guys anymore. I'm not sure if you were able to read what I was writing.

Sorry if I caused problems to anyone.

I'm sad I couldn't race properly tonight. The first race was great till it lasted, I was having a great battle with Dibbz and TWO-SCOOP and then I got bumped from behind, when there wasn't anyone behind me. If someone saved the replay please watch it and tell me what you see. Lap 7, before the corkscrew.

In the second race, lap 2, everyone around me literally disappeared and I could only see nabijemte, stationary on the first corner. The HUD somehow resetted and it said that I was the first of two drivers. So I quitted and wasn't able to see you guys anymore. I'm not sure if you were able to read what I was writing.

Sorry if I caused problems to anyone.

I had a lot of problems on the second race. The screen was completely black until after the start, the U-turn didn't load at all (I think patriots was having this problem too) and the part before the U-turn was almost pitch black for some reason even though I had turned the brightness up to +1.0 :/ That helped me fuck up on the last corner when I was 2nd :p

Also, I didn't see three of you. Kaze, Syn and olivur NEVER appeared on my screen on both races.

Anyway, even with the (fucking) bugs it was a couple of very very very good races, specially SSR5 (thanks Toxa, I pushed my ass off to get that lap :D). Lots of overtaking, different racing lines, drafting, tight turning... awesome race there with Niks and Ashk :)

I really really hope we do more races like this. 2 tracks with slower and tighter cars, light damage... I think it's more fun from time to time.

How did the 2 race format work? Unfortunately I was too busy working on my real life car to join today, sorry.

Well, we did some practice and 10 minutes quali on Laguna Seca, then 10 laps (around 16 minutes). Then we switched to SSR5, a couple laps practice, 10 minutes quali and another 10 laps.

magawolaz

Meh, I had to restart the router a couple of times before I could join the lounge. I never had so many problems before on GT5 online.

Also, at the start of the second race, the screen became completely black but I could hear the noise of the engines and the countdown going. After a couple of seconds from the start, the track finally showed up and I managed to race without problems.

Kaze, sorry again for the bump on the finish line but that was auto-pilot's fault :lol I didn't touch the steering wheel for all the straight.

Polyphony

Epic races tonight! I did poorly on both races, but there were some really good battles here and there. I thought my pace was alright, but in the end I was victim of my own inconsistency and lack of concentration.

Laguna Seca: I spun out on lap 1 at the corkscrew and spent the rest of the race catching up to others.

SSR5: I qualified well, then I was a little too polite and got tossed around lol. Sweet battles with Dibbz and Scoops though, I'll have to rewatch that on replay!

Dibbz

I checked it out and it looks like Olivur (I think) in the grey Mazda loses it and hits the tyre wall. at his point for some reason your car reacts as if it has been hit. It's crazy but I took some pics of it.

6455662293_e4b00ed372_b.jpg

6455662319_c0e5f77aa5_b.jpg

Here are some shots I took just now. Hopefully I'll get some SSR5 ones up when I get the replay.

6455662337_24b3a9a536_b.jpg

6455662325_c6e4d2cc4e_b.jpg

6455662353_977f79bf01_b.jpg

6455662367_af56063fb4_b.jpg

6455675189_bffce3fb53_b.jpg

6455675203_cfaf63abc1_b.jpg

6455675223_99b6cce732_b.jpg

Polyphony

Yeah I spun out there on my own and hit the tire wall. I hit it so hard that IRL I could've died lol. I have trouble maintaining control once I start swerving with the DFGT. I'm too used to the quick and easy corrections that come when playing with a controller.

Beautiful pics!

Dibbz

Weird things have been happening in GT5 since the Spec 2 update. Connections seem to be a lot more unstable for some reason. Not sure what's happened but I hope PD know something is up.

paskowitz

Great race to everyone. I watched other people view points and boy did Dibz have a great race at Laguna. My battle with Nab and Niks was also great. What surprised me was Edgypoo. You were actually faster than Nab on Laguna and fastest on SSR5. Very impressive. thepatriots/Nab and Niks/Edgypoo battle was great on SSR5.

ashk

Great racing tonight, it was great fun racing between paskowitz, Niks and Risk Breaker. I wasn't expecting finishing that high in the races as I haven't done any practice before today, but the car was very nice to drive and I managed to get on the pace quick enough. We should use slower cars more often :)

paskowitz

Great racing tonight, it was great fun racing between paskowitz, Niks and Risk Breaker. I wasn't expecting finishing that high in the races as I haven't done any practice before today, but the car was very nice to drive and I managed to get on the pace quick enough. We should use slower cars more often :)

I agree. Slower cars or slightly stickier tires.

Syn23

I checked it out and it looks like Olivur (I think) in the grey Mazda loses it and hits the tyre wall. at his point for some reason your car reacts as if it has been hit. It's crazy but I took some pics of it.

6455662293_e4b00ed372_b.jpg

I've checked my replay, and I've found out that, for some strange reason, it was TWO-SCOOP car that hit me. He was clearly ahead of me, as you can see in the pic above, but suddenly disappeared, reappered behind me and pushed me out. The strange thing is that I didn't have any lag issues throughout the race. In the battle we had I never see you or TWO-SCOOP "jumping back and forth" (can't find the proper term) because of lag, and I'm confident that it was the same for you two. Very weird.

I'll be posting the photos tomorrow.

Niks

Thanks all of you that participated.
Races were really good, specially SSR5. Really close fighting for all positions.

Laguna Seca

spZwm.jpg

5NqBx.jpg

p3mGd.jpg

ilrJO.jpg

RXdJc.jpg

11CtR.jpg

pJ2XT.jpg

9YPuI.jpg

0Ev7B.jpg

yq2m3.jpg

JOmia.jpg

Th6XR.jpg

2fFXw.jpg

1w6IF.jpg

uTZs8.jpg

8Nc7q.jpg

uh50F.jpg

N6DkV.jpg

7MaEA.jpg

kQNwQ.jpg

4JRlN.jpg

2scoops

I've checked my replay, and I've found out that, for some strange reason, it was TWO-SCOOP car that hit me. He was clearly ahead of me, as you can see in the pic above, but suddenly disappeared, reappered behind me and pushed me out. The strange thing is that I didn't have any lag issues throughout the race. In the battle we had I never see you or TWO-SCOOP "jumping back and forth" (can't find the proper term) because of lag, and I'm confident that it was the same for you two. Very weird.

I'll be posting the photos tomorrow.

Thats so weird!! Anyways, sorry about the strange bump!

Dibbz, and Niks, the photos you both took are just spectacular!! It was a great race for everybody, and you two managed to capture that perfectly!

Polyphony

Superb! I was just taking SSR5 pics myself, but there are too many awesome moments to capture... I think I'll stick to recording lol.

Niks

Thanks guys.
Race was so good I went all out. Shame PD took out the lens flare or whatever it was last update. Photos would have come out even better.

Polyphony

SSR5 in 5 pictures

paskowitz vs ashk

6457867435_1edf16b3b7_b.jpg

Niks vs Risk Breaker

6457867079_c64281bb63_b.jpg

2scoops vs Dibbz vs Polyphony

6457867811_40b6d864d0_b.jpg

Kaze13 vs magawolaz

6457868273_a4094c612e_b.jpg

chillumchilla being a good sport

6457868773_a09fb2ee18_b.jpg

Wow, great pictures guys. I took some from SSR5 last night but my flu didn't let me finish. The track also feels empty on my replay, with 3 less cars...

BTW Polyphony, if you're capturing video, could you please record my double overtake on ashk and Niks on SSR5, first corner, I think 8th or 9th lap? I feel proud of that one :( There was some great action throughout the race on every sector but that first corner was thrilling.

I hope Angst can see the thread soon and join us on the next race. I can't think of any car/track suggestions right now though.

Top Bottom