• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Syn23

Great photos, GT at his best.

Here instead it's GT at his worst:

You can see 2scoops magically appearing on my side/rear in the first photo (also, with the wheels through the asphalt), and then returning where he really was, behind Dibbz, in the other shots. The tires' tracks were midair in the replay. :\

Whatever, next time it will be better.

Dibbz

Great shots everyone and can't wait for that race edit Poly.

It's a shame you had that incident Syn as the racing between us and 2 scoops was great.

2scoops

It's so strange seeing what happened in the pictures, because on my screen everything looked normal! As Dibbz said though, it is a shame as our battle was great untill that happened.

Xun

I didn't get much response in the Spec 2 thread but is the Fanatec 911 Carrera Wheel the best "cheap" wheel to get?

paskowitz

I didn't get much response in the Spec 2 thread but is the Fanatec 911 Carrera Wheel the best "cheap" wheel to get?
It has better pedals and has the possibility to upgrade to better ones. Other than that there is the dfgt, but its pedals are shit unless you mod them. However it is made for gt. If you can go a little higher get the new fanetec car with csr pedals.

Polyphony

Hey pasko, I recorded some footage, and it came up to 10 gb... I'm afraid I won't be able to upload that with bandwidth caps here in the great north lol.

Amazing pics everyone.Thanks

I was chuffed to bits with the race. Why you may ask, when I came last in both races? For the first time I had no major collisions with either man or concrete and my connection was as happy as larry.

Oh btw my trigger extensions and silicon thumb grips arrived today in the post so pro's beware!

p.s. if anyone wants a eu replay pm me.

Angst

Hey guys, good to see that the race went well without me. I'll be home tomorrow, but haven't really been thinking about a track and car combo whilst in morocco...

How about kazmobile on eiger?

Xun

Hey guys, good to see that the race went well without me. I'll be home tomorrow, but haven't really been thinking about a track and car combo whilst in morocco...

How about kazmobile on eiger?
I take it that's a DLC car?

Syn23

Ok I thought you were referring to this (anyway I was wrong since it's under the Nissan section, not the Gran Turismo one):

zR3zB.jpg

It´s so nice that you guys are still playing.

It´s so bad i can´t join :(

I´m still living in a hotel, and during weekends i go back to my parents house. All my belongings are packed there, waiting until i sign the deal to buy my new apartment.

I unpacked the PS3 and i can play MW3 during weekends, but no wheel or wheelstand, so no GT5 for me in the upcoming weeks.

Huge bummer.

Hopefully you guys will still be playing when i get back. It´s about time for someone to break paskowitz winning streak ;)

Niks

Ashk vs Pask vs Seattle would be very interesting to watch.
Hmm... Maybe an all-stars race in the future? We could even convince Tox out of retirement, heh

paskowitz

Ashk vs Pask vs Seattle would be very interesting to watch.
Hmm... Maybe an all-stars race in the future? We could even convince Tox out of retirement, heh

Don't forget RounD. He almost had me beat on two occasions. The truth is I am not terribly fast, or even really smooth, I just do not crash and that makes all the difference.

I also put in at least 2 hours of practice during the time before the race. Getting to know your car and the track is a huge part of racing. 20 minutes will not cut it. You have to put in at least an hour.

Polyphony

I only did a race edit for Special Stage Route 5, it's a bit on the longer side this time. The video is being processed and should be available soon:

Edit: hmm still being converted

^^ Nice, I'll watch it when my connection is free.

AWD race on Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail, no damage, no tire wear.

ZTSn7.jpg

I would finish last for sure, lol.

I hope we have you back soon seattle, I barely got to know ya, but the three-way battles on the Integra sure were nice :) And all-stars race (with everyone that's ever won a race? and the guy with less wins chooses the setup) could be fun, haha.

Polyphony

If only it was a PAL replay file :(

Been so busy with work, late shifts and weekends are now part of my schedule, so its hard for me to try and make a race, I have some weekdays off with nothing to do. So if anyone can upload replays in PAL format I would be more than happy to make some race edits or gifs.

Somebody get this man a PAL replay of the Laguna Seca race!

:D

Angst

Caterham Seven (bought in the UCD or won by completing the Formula GT A-Spec Extreme event).

Track: 12 laps at Eiger, 10 laps at London (!)

If someone (Niks or Polyphony?) could make a nice banner I'd be most grateful :) I'll post the OP tonight.

Xun

Caterham Seven (bought in the UCD or won by completing the Formula GT A-Spec Extreme event).

Track: 12 laps at Eiger, 10 laps at London (!)

If someone (Niks or Polyphony?) could make a nice banner I'd be most grateful :) I'll post the OP tonight.
I thought I'd have a go but it's not as good as the previous by any means (wrong fonts).

Dibbz

I have exported it from GT5 but not sure how do I get the file out of my ps3 saved game data folder onto my pc?
Also can replay's be edited in the ps3 video editor?
Thanks

Just copy the replay file to a USB and then upload it through mega upload or something. Also you can't edit the replay file, since only GT5 is able to read it.

2scoops

Is it too early to register for the next race? lol Last sunday was one of the best GT5 experiences i've had ( being my first race with you guys ), and i've been looking forward to the next race.

I've played in random rooms, and i find most are dirty drivers who don't really care, but everyone here is so clean and professional, also very fun and exciting! I look forward to driving with you all again!

Angst

Is it too early to register for the next race? lol Last sunday was one of the best GT5 experiences i've had ( being my first race with you guys ), and i've been looking forward to the next race.

I've played in random rooms, and i find most are dirty drivers who don't really care, but everyone here is so clean and professional, also very fun and exciting! I look forward to driving with you all again!

It's definitely not too early to register! It's just me being late with the OP as my intention always is to get it up the day after the race. I'll post it tonight and sign you up (plus the regular guys for good measure) :)
¨
EDIT: I've looked through all your pics and Polyphony's race edit - looks like you guys had two amazing race! Good work with the edit too!

2scoops

It's definitely not too early to register! It's just me being late with the OP as my intention always is to get it up the day after the race. I'll post it tonight and sign you up (plus the regular guys for good measure) :)
¨
EDIT: I've looked through all your pics and Polyphony's race edit - looks like you guys had two amazing race! Good work with the edit too!

Excellent! Thank you Angst!

Thanks Dibbz & Niks for tip.

Last race some of our dresses.. sorry I mean cars colour clashed, please post your 'blade pics so I don't have a hissy fit on Sunday ;)

Top Bottom