• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Angst

59TSu.gif

YXEcf.png

Credits to Polyphony for the Logo and banner!

Caterham Seven

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1323633600z0.png

Allowed cars:
Caterham Seven​
Tuning allowed:
No Tuning​
Tyre Selection
Track:
Eiger Nordwand Short (12 laps)
London (10 laps)
Laps:
See above
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (16 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - chillumchilla
  • 04 - Dibbz
  • 05 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 06 - 2scoops
  • 07 - Xun
  • 08 -
  • 09 - paskowitz
  • 10 - Polyphony
  • 11 - Syn23
  • 12 - Risk Breaker
  • 13 - Ashk
  • 14 - MikeDub
  • 15 - magawolaz
  • 16 - Kaze13
  • R1 - Weekend_warrior
  • R2 - Dash Kappei
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

League Standings:

Coming soon, stand by for transmission... (still haven't had the time)

l2ounD

I wont be in again till the new year, but ill look forward to seeing the result pics and hopefully someone taking down Pasko!

paskowitz

Truth be told I rather not be compared to Vettel. I watched the Race of Champions a few days back and even out of his all powerful RB7 he is still supremely skilled. I would hope I could be 1/1000th as good as he is. Also reading some articles about him, he is in tune with his car perhaps more than any other driver. He talks to every engineer and looks over every aspect of the car. I firmly believe that unless there are some rule changes that severely hurt Red Bull's ability to compete or they just drop out, he will beat Schumacher's record. And to be honest, I hope he does, because I always thought Schumi was a twat.

He also has a great sense of humor.

Psst, I choose Alonso :p

PS: I don't think I'll do too well with the 7, I have my wheel set up on a very very brittle TV table (I know, but I didn't/don't have money for a wheelstand) and countersteering is a big no-no most of the time... tight corners like the hairpin on SSR5 or all the first sector on Eiger fuck me up because all I can turn is like 130º, keeping both hands on the wheel at all times (like a professional touring car driver, huh?).

If I countersteer hard the table moves more than the wheel, lol. I'm sure we'll have fun anyway, even with sports hard.

Xun

I think it looks good, but decided to go with the one sent to me by Polyphony as I thought the design was a really good fit for the Caterham.
Yeah it fits better.

I didn't know if we were going to keep the same style for all or change it upon each race.

Also the race should be a good'un! I look forward to it.

Edit:
Truth be told I rather not be compared to Vettel. I watched the Race of Champions a few days back and even out of his all powerful RB7 he is still supremely skilled. I would hope I could be 1/1000th as good as he is. Also reading some articles about him, he is in tune with his car perhaps more than any other driver. He talks to every engineer and looks over every aspect of the car. I firmly believe that unless there are some rule changes that severely hurt Red Bull's ability to compete or they just drop out, he will beat Schumacher's record. And to be honest, I hope he does, because I always thought Schumi was a twat.

I've heard Hamilton is also like this.

Both are superb drivers, and I too love Vettel's sense of humour. He's like your best mate from school who has yet to grow up.

ashk

Yeah, when Vettel first drove the ROC buggy you could see how good he was, even the commentators couldn't stop talking about his driving the whole race :p Schumacher was pretty good in the ROC during his retirement years, I remember everyone having a laugh how he is still superior to the active drivers. But it's a shame Loeb wasn't here this year, I think he made it to the final every time he participated, he's definitely one of the world's top drivers. Plus it would have been fun potentially seeing him go against Ogier :p

Polyphony

I enjoyed Vettel's appearance on Top Gear as well.

Psst, I choose Alonso :p

PS: I don't think I'll do too well with the 7, I have my wheel set up on a very very brittle TV table (I know, but I didn't/don't have money for a wheelstand) and countersteering is a big no-no most of the time... tight corners like the hairpin on SSR5 or all the first sector on Eiger fuck me up because all I can turn is like 130º, keeping both hands on the wheel at all times (like a professional touring car driver, huh?).

If I countersteer hard the table moves more than the wheel, lol. I'm sure we'll have fun anyway, even with sports hard.

I'm a fan of the british Macca duo :p

I'm in the same situation as well regarding the stand. Gonna chicken out and swap for a DS3 this week lol.

paskowitz

Yeah, when Vettel first drove the ROC buggy you could see how good he was, even the commentators couldn't stop talking about his driving the whole race :p Schumacher was pretty good in the ROC during his retirement years, I remember everyone having a laugh how he is still superior to the active drivers. But it's a shame Loeb wasn't here this year, I think he made it to the final every time he participated, he's definitely one of the world's top drivers. Plus it would have been fun potentially seeing him go against Ogier :p

The one thing I took from that that I am going to apply, or at least try, for the next race is loading the front tires up going into each corner and turning the wheel back to center then turning in to balance the car out.

Practicing in NRL lounge now. Join if you like.

I'm a fan of the british Macca duo :p

I'm in the same situation as well regarding the stand. Gonna chicken out and swap for a DS3 this week lol.

I like them too, and I've always liked the McCars as well :D

I'm still not sure I'll use the DS3, when racing close to others I have the habit of bumping a little too much with it :p

Sports Hard all the way!

Lets separate the men from the boys.

Didn't we race in SH on Eiger already? Back when 2.0 hit. It wasn't that bad from what I remember.

Angst

If you values our lives Angst you will set the tire to SM or SS. SHs are a death sentence.

Isn't Sports Hard the stock tyre? :p

We'll see, but SM might be the way to go.

Sports Hard all the way!

Didn't we race in SH on Eiger already? Back when 2.0 hit. It wasn't that bad from what I remember.
I love the Caterham with SH, but if people fear for their lives I'll allow SM instead. You going to join us on Sunday? :)

ashk

Sports Hard all the way!

Listen to this man!

I honestly don't get the SH hate, after 2.0 hit we did more than a few 16 player Caterham races and there weren't any problems. If people managed a tuned Mustang on SH, stock Caterhams should be fine.

I personally don't care if we use SS, SM, or SH, we did a Ford GT race (not to mention the Mustang one) not long ago on SH after all and I did pretty good. Even with comfort hards, I'm going to be as good or bad as always. But I thought we were aiming at closer and a little more forgiving races on tighter tracks, that's why I think SH may cause trouble. On the other hand, using light damage some spinning out isn't that bad either, so I dunno.

Syn23

I made a little practice on both courses.
I have a feeling that at Eiger the last turn before the tunnel will be fun during the race. I bet that someone is gonna spin out sooner or later. But it's fine for me, it will just be a more risky race. : )
At London I'm quite slow (it's one of the tracks that I like the least) so I'm not sure I can give any indications, but it should all go well (except maybe for the braking before the first hairpin, if more than two cars are very close).

Business

Listen to this man!

I honestly don't get the SH hate, after 2.0 hit we did more than a few 16 player Caterham races and there weren't any problems. If people managed a tuned Mustang on SH, stock Caterhams should be fine.

I second that, I vote for SH.

Dibbz

Couple of shots from the SSR5 race. Thanks for the replay Chill.

6478018897_c8ce0434a4_b.jpg

6478018919_dc48085003_b.jpg

6478018931_5e05bee0fe_b.jpg

Interesting course choice Angst. Overtaking will be fun on both tracks.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUUUUUUUUUU!!

I probably won't be back till Christmas, don't tell me you're doing the Catheram now!
fuck fuck fuck :/
That is in my top5 fave cars in GT5 and mine looks fantastic (brags, lol)

edit:
Ugh SH? Still pissed but a little less since I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much without SS.
Anyway I'll still try to join Sunday but it's unlikely, we'll see if there's an open spot if I get there

My 'blade is sharpened.

vmtiSl.jpg

Did some gentle 10 laps practice in the lounge yesterday.
With Sports Hard
1:20 Eiger
1:05 London
London sticky enough, Eiger ok if one doesn't push too much for the first 10 laps ;)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dash :(

We'll laugh as they spin out!
lol

:(

Every GAFFer should be sad if I don't join, you know you can only go up a spot when I'm on track! I'll miss cruising and watching you guys from afar like always, lol :p

Seriously, it sucks because I love the damn car, sooo fun. Hopefully we'll still get the chance to race with it some other time when I'm back...

Polyphony

What's the policy on curb riding in London? Only 1 wheel in the white area between the curb and the barrier, or free for all?

I'm worried about the turn before the tunnel on Eiger... expecially on the first lap :lol

Yeah no kidding. It's pretty tough to hold it together on that banked turn with cold tires.

Angst

Hey guys, I won't be able to make it tonight after all :-\ but you guys know the drill by now. Have a good race everyone!

magawolaz

I'm a little late. I don't know if I'll be able to reach the lounge for the first race, but I hope to join you in time for the second. Sorry :/

Top Bottom