• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Might want to push back the FT-86 race a week, the new patch coming out next week is going to include the 2012 production model 86. As apposed to using the concept version currently available.

Xun

Might want to push back the FT-86 race a week, the new patch coming out next week is going to include the 2012 production model 86. As apposed to using the concept version currently available.
I think it was mentioned it's happening to entice us for the 2012 production model.

Angst

I think it was mentioned it's happening to entice us for the 2012 production model.

If we try using the new FT86 next week people will complain because they haven't bought the DLC yet... :p

magawolaz

I thought the Toyota 86 would have come as DLC... so yeah, maybe we can postpone the Tokyo/86 race to the next week and do something else for this weekend.

Dibbz

So are we keeping the event the same? If not maybe we can keep the Japanese theme and do something like old Japanese cars. Something like NSX, old RX7, old nissan or maybe a combination whilst we wait for the DLC. No idea if they will be balanced or not just throwing out an idea.

5222593325_59861fb091_z.jpg

1989_300zx_fairlady_z_gt5_1_by_repinswodahs-d38lpyb.jpg

High+Speed+Ring_10.jpg

tempting right???? :p

Niks

FT-86 event postponed.

I tested both the Nissan Z and the Acura NSX, and they were pretty even on Fuji, the Z was a tad faster, then again the NSX is trickier to drive...

The other option is to go for a one-make NSX RM event.

Toxa

FT-86 event postponed.

I tested both the Nissan Z and the Acura NSX, and they were pretty even on Fuji, the Z was a tad faster, then again the NSX is trickier to drive...

NSX RM event ? I'm in :)

Angst

FT-86 event postponed.

NSX RM event ? I'm in :)

Go with the NSX RM and no tuning IMO. Race day is almost here and using one car without the need for tuning makes it easier for everyone to be on the same page (or at least on the same chapter...)

NSX, RM or not, would be nice. The RM could be used with Tuning Prohibited, right? And I think it's around 370bhp?

I'd like to race on Fuji/Autumn Ring and Grand Valley because of GT1 nostalgia fest :) (and because they are awesome tracks)

Beaten by Angst :p

Toxa

Go with the NSX RM and no tuning IMO. Race day is almost here and using one car without the need for tuning makes it easier for everyone to be on the same page (or at least on the same chapter...)

no tune no prob ;) my car is ready

6332679602_c8f6bdc1bd_b.jpg

track ? tyres ?

Niks

Lets keep the same tracks. Japanese theme and all...

Tracks
- Fuji Speedway F (10 laps)
- Tokyo R246 (10 laps)

Tires
- Sports Hard

ashk

Haha had no idea that CS were the stock tyres. I'm OK with bumping it up one level then. Same tracks is cool, if we do the FT-86 next week we can use different Japanese tracks if we want to stick to the all-Japanese theme: Suzuka, Tsukuba or SS5 reverse.

Actually I thought of Suzuka East when I read Suzuka which I think is too long and fast for a GT86. Tsukuba however... I'm a little tired of it being on so many online lobbies :(

Lets keep the same tracks. Japanese theme and all...

Okay, okay, those are nice too. I'm sure it will be a cool couple of races.

Niks

3FGnM.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:

t1324238400z0.png

Allowed cars:
Acura NSX RM
Tuning allowed:
No Tuning
Tyre Selection:
Sports Soft
Track:
Tokyo R246 (10 laps)
Fuji Speedway F (chicane v) (10 laps)

Laps:
See above
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage:
Light
Allowed Assists:
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic
Players Participating (16 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - Magawolaz
  • 03 - Risk Breaker
  • 04 - Polyphony
  • 05 - Weekend_Warrior
  • 06 - 2scoops
  • 07 - ashk
  • 08 - asclepio_gtr
  • 09 - chillumchilla
  • 10 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 11 - Dibbz
  • 12 - Toxa
  • 13 - Kaze13
  • 14 - Xun
  • 15 - MikeDub
  • 16 - thepatriots
  • R1 - Fork
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

League Standings:

Coming soon, stand by for transmission... (still haven't had the time)

Niks

My ride
J4d5u.jpg

Paskowits (how did he got banned) messaged me saying that Sports Hards are not suited for this car.
After some testing I have to say I agree, specially on Fuji. I was drifting all 10 laps on sports hard.

I suggest using Sports Softs for Fuji and Sports Meds for Tokyo. What do you guys think?

Polyphony

Yeah I was practicing with chillumchilla the other day and Fuji wasn't a pleasant drive. I was completely focused on maintaining grip instead of racing. Tokyo on the other hand was fine.

If we change for Sports Softs, I'd say we should change it for both tracks. Re-adapting to different grip levels might get confusing.

ashk

I did a few laps two days ago on Sports Hards and it was completely fine for me, so I don't know what the problem is. It wasn't any worse than the Caterham, I'd even say it was easier.

Do you guys feel it was harder to drive than the Caterham at Eiger?

Xun

Keep me on the list for now but I have a bad feeling I wont be able to race tomorrow night.

My parents have friends over so they'll probably annoyingly be in the room with the PS3. :/

Niks

Ashk, the difference with the caterham at eiger was that the tires didnt seem to degrade at all. Laps 7-10 are pretty undrivable with the NSX.
Since we are doing short races, we should focus on making them fun rather than worry on keeping the car on the track.

Tires: Sport Soft on both tracks.

ashk

I dunno, I didn't have any problems with tyre degradation either. I've only done about 10 laps on each track but the tyres were above 50% on both. Driving the NSX felt easier than the Caterham so I couldn't understand why there were more complaints this time; that's why I've asked which seemed easier for people.

You're right, there wasn't much tyre wear on the Caterham so it was the same the whole race, this time it's more of a factor but I haven't actually taken it into account when thinking about it.

magawolaz

Here's mine... Green, as usual :)

6527008351_b8aa101ac9_z.jpg

I don't know about the tyres... I'm cool with both.
But I have a bad feeling about Fuji, especially for the first turns... lol
sport soft please

Top Bottom