• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Time clock doesn´t oppen at my work because it´s a picture.

When are the races? Today or tomorrow?

I wanna join, i´ll be at home 8PM EST time.

Maybe i can finally get back to joining the fun. If it´s today i know i´ll be late, but if it´s tomorrow i´m good to go.

Polyphony

Today works for me.

For the new page:

t1325275200z0.png

Angst

Time clock doesn´t oppen at my work because it´s a picture.

When are the races? Today or tomorrow?

I wanna join, i´ll be at home 8PM EST time.

Maybe i can finally get back to joining the fun. If it´s today i know i´ll be late, but if it´s tomorrow i´m good to go.
It's today at 8 pm gmt. Good to have you back Seattle! :)

Angst

I'm stuck at work and won't be able to make it tonight :-(

fortunately the line up looks good and you guys know the drill. Remember to check the OP if you are unsure about the lounge settings.

Dibbz

I'm ready. I just posted a Message on the GT5NRL account with some basic info for todays race. We should probably do that for every race so people can just log into GT5 and see what the race is. Anyway good luck it should be fun. Just done a few more laps and I'm really happy with the car and tyres.

BTW Angst what is the final lap amount? 20?

Angst

I'm ready. I just posted a Message on the GT5NRL account with some basic info for todays race. We should probably do that for every race so people can just log into GT5 and see what the race is. Anyway good luck it should be fun. Just done a few more laps and I'm really happy with the car and tyres.

BTW Angst what is the final lap amount? 20?
It's up to you guys, but twenty seems good. Should be a fifty minutes race - go with 15 if that seems to long.

Polyphony

That was so intense. I had a really good start and separated myself from the pack. But then I saw Toxa's name slowly climbing in the rankings. I did some pretty dumb mistakes here and there, but Toxa was faster anyway. Toxa passed me midway through the race but I managed to keep it close. It was an enjoyable race, the hairpin only caught me twice in 20 laps, so that's a plus.

Good race, a little bit long though. Started to zone out towards the end and almost spun second to last lap on the hairpin. Me, chillumchilla, and SynThrasher had a nice pack for the first half then I started to pull away but still wasn't fast enough to catch up to the others.

Syn23

Good race, a little bit long though. Started to zone out towards the end and almost spun second to last lap on the hairpin. Me, chillumchilla, and SynThrasher had a nice pack for the first half then I started to pull away but still wasn't fast enough to catch up to the others.
Yes, it wasn't bad. We had a good fight for a couple of laps. Then I braked too much to avoid a crash on the last S turn and I wasn't able to catch you again.
From there tire wear started becoming an issue and I started making worse and worse lap times. I didn't make big mistakes, but since everyone was consistent and I was too slow, that fact alone didn't guarantee me a good placing.

Toxa starting last on purpose and overtaking everyone was a good show. : )

Toxa

This race was very entertaining, so much fun to drive the GT86 so I decided to start from the last position.

I took a good start until being annoyed by 2scoop lmao :D had a lot of fun with you guys .
later I managed to get closer to polyphony and take the lead but I never managed to create a gap and I found myself stuck in an endless battle with him. it was tense and epic especially the last 3 laps.

congrats poly

Kaze13

I had a good race but was marred by a few things. I got over eager in the turn before the tunnel and clipped dibbz on the inside. I made sure he didn't spin out (by slowing down and helping him correct his steering angle) and made sure to have him stay in front. We battled back and forth throughout the whole race. I was hoping he would have me stay in front to catch up to ashk but he didn't want that it seems.

Then came the second incident at the start of lap 13. Dibbz spins out in front of me. In my mind I'm thinking, "is it lag? Did I bump him?" I was way too far away but I went ahead and corrected his angle again and stayed behind him. It was around this time that I decided to stay behind him (or was it a few laps after?). I was choosing my spots and my best bet was to just have a photo finish. I tested it for 3 laps by finding the correct distance to have a go. Basically, stick to him and draft him to the finish.

Lap 20. My tires are still fresh. I can out gun him leading up to the back straight right before that hairpin. I thought to myself "why leave it to the draft?" I wanted to see if I can create a gap before it. So, I get ahead of Dibbz and we turn left. He didn't clip the inside and drifted out...into me. Out I go into the right wall :/ I was done after that. It was frantic after that. I was a bit peeved. Drifting into every corner but I still managed a few 10ths here and there. Then I find out there was a ghost car. FML.

Lesson learned. No more Mr. nice guy.

Dibbz

Kaze you couldn't see Patau? God damn. No wonder I could see you and him lagging out. I have some gifs incoming to show what I had to go through during this race. It was really fun but man I was knocked back a few too many times so I am a bit upset.

Kaze13

Kaze you couldn't see Patau? God damn. No wonder I could see you and him lagging out. I have some gifs incoming to show what I had to go through during this race. It was really fun but man I was knocked back a few too many times so I am a bit upset.

I didn't see him at all. Our battle was good. Sticking like dance partners till the end. I should have left you on lap 13 though. Lol. I knew it wasn't me that spun you out. Looking at the replay, I had the freshest tires out of anyone. I should have gunned it after lap 10 but I didn't know where I was at tire wise since I had that HUD off again. I encourage everyone to turn off that part of the HUD. It's a lot more fun and you actually feel the tire characteristics even more.

Dibbz

gifs. Sorry if they take so long to load some of them are rather large.

iITUXPRdZgTMV.gif

Get spun by Kaze

ibz1HF7m6gOqNU.gif

Nab tries a bad move into the hairpin

iEATnT6xiHmxl.gif

Patau and Kaze lagging into each other

ibuoE1etJu9Z0d.gif

Patau knocks me with his lag powers

iORomymyxOtfI.gif

I run Kaze off the track but I had nowhere to go

2scoops

This race was very entertaining, so much fun to drive the GT86 so I decided to start from the last position.

I took a good start until being annoyed by 2scoop lmao :D had a lot of fun with you guys .
later I managed to get closer to polyphony and take the lead but I never managed to create a gap and I found myself stuck in an endless battle with him. it was tense and epic especially the last 3 laps.

congrats poly

Yeah, i'm sorry about that! I had a rough race as you can see by the results....

Dibbz

Awesome pics as usual Dibbz, looks like you had an eventful race with all the bumping and grinding.
lol that is one way of putting it.

I was hoping he would have me stay in front to catch up to ashk but he didn't want that it seems.

lol trust me I wanted to catch Nab but everytime I got infront of you and Patau the god damn straight let you guys right past so for the rest of the lap I was held up. If I could have stayed ahead I'm confident I would have caught Nab.

Patau done well to defend for so long. That incident where Patau span me at turn 1 really done me over. It took me like 4 or 5 laps to claw back the gap and even then getting past him was difficult because of the end straight that shot him right back ahead of me.

Good race overall but I wish it wasn't hampered with this bad lag.

From now on we gotta do sync checks. We have been to lazy it seems to follow the protocol which worked for a long time and it's ruining some races.

Niks

Congrats to Tox, looks like it was a fun race, shame I coudnt make it.
What happened to nab? he hasnt commented on the race.

Anyway, who hosted todays race?
We seem to have problems whenever Angst cant host, weird.

Polyphony

I noticed before the race that I couldn't see Patau, so I rejoined the lounge and all was well afterwards. I usually lag with Patau but today it was great for me with 2scoops hosting, there was no lag from my perspective.

After losing the lead, my best chance of winning was to overtake Toxa down the straight on the last lap. I remember having a +0.001 split with him on one of the closer laps, so I knew I had to be directly on his tail to pass him before the finish line. But Toxa is simply too fast... 2:21.5?!

LOL at that Patau and Kaze gif...

Started @ 3rd, had 4-5 good laps between 2nd to 4th... But made too many mistakes. For example, I hit Patau @ the hairpin, and, as a gentleman, slowed down to let him pass. The problem was that 3 or 4 others also passed me. lol

Anyway... Congrats to Toxa for the great race!

Polyphony

Here are some of my race highlights.

Started on pole, forgot to turn off the wipers

6605442499_be74770916_b.jpg

Got a good start and avoided any incidents on the first few turns

6605442801_7772e90a8d_b.jpg

6605443053_ce5bbc6d00_b.jpg

Started doing random mistakes: tapped the wall

6605443287_80905fcb87_b.jpg

Drifted around

6605443551_c50c741d2e_b.jpg

Eventually Toxa caught up to me

6605443829_1a9269fce8_b.jpg

It was close at moments

6605444087_0dab601726_b.jpg

I slid and missed the line completely

6605444341_f4a6103a08_b.jpg

Avoided the wall just in time

6605444601_e5c6bc7085_b.jpg

Slipstream kept it close

6605444905_82d90457aa_b.jpg

6605445173_d7a92d7853_b.jpg

6605445429_416502591f_b.jpg

6605445805_4ff14efb0f_b.jpg

6605446081_05da21c9b4_b.jpg

6605446351_719fcc9c55_b.jpg

6605446597_341ba897f1_b.jpg

Intense racing until the end

6605446827_2a6a1bbb2f_b.jpg

And that's a wrap for 2011!

Toxa

he wasn't very fast, I think he didn't tried the car until the half-hour before the race and 20 laps was a bit too long.

but he did great, third is still a good result

and yes it was really fun

ashk

Yeah I only did like 5 laps the day before the race just to get the general feel of the car, I didn't really have enough time to practice. But it was an intense race for the first 10 laps, after that it was just lapping by myself :p I messed up a bit at the start and lost a place, then I was in a three-way battle with (I think) asclepio and Patau, and I got bumped off going three wide into turn 1, which made me lose about 5 places. I also did a mistake when Patau cut the corner in front of me and nearly spun, I started thinking about how not to hit him but that just made me spin myself. I was about 15 seconds behind the lead by then, I managed to close the gap a bit at some places but it mostly stayed at about 11-13 seconds.

Dibbz

The problem is we didn't do a sync check to make sure everyone could see each other. All we need to do is get anyone who has problems to reconnect and it will sort it. Other than that 2scoops was a good host.

Nice pics poly.

Business

Beautiful pics as always Polyphony. Race was a lot of fun for me, a shame I couldn't hold Dibbz in the end but I think my tyre management wasn't the best, should have practiced a long stint. Well done everyone.

2scoops

Well, at least i was a good host...makes me feel like i had a good race, without having a good race lol

Also, i won't be able to make it for the GT500 race, you guys have fun. Can't wait to see the pics for that one, you all post some fantastic shots!

Toxa

for the new page

6SIxO.gif

Credits to Polyphony for the Logo!

Super GT500 2012 Event

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1326052800z0.png

Allowed cars:
Super GT 500​
Tuning allowed:
Tuning of existing parts is allowed. No extra parts, except Lexus.
Cars will be limited to 502 BHP / 1100 KG (If I remember correctly).
Lexus cars will be allowed Turbo Stage 2​
Tyre Selection
Racing Hards
Track:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Remember that you need to purchase the track to be able to participate!​
Laps:
TBD (20?)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (8 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - asclepio_gtr
  • 04 - paskowitz
  • 05 - magawolaz
  • 06 - weekend_warrior
  • 07 - Polyphony
  • 08 - Niks
  • 09 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

Top Bottom