• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Angst

Anybody know why UFRA has completely quit with the NRL? Seems really weird. Is he even aware that we're still doing races?

Yeah, I've been chatting with him over PM her on GAF and he says that his work schedule is really messed up and that he has his off days on thursdays and such, very seldom on Sundays. The few Sundays he's been off he had to prioritize real life instead of the NRL. I still hope for his return once his schedule settles down.

2scoops

Damn, i'd love to race this sunday but i can't. Got the wife and I tickets to a monster truck show on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAAY!!!!

Sorry, that just came out...

paskowitz

n6EN6.jpg

Aventador Cup

Everybody is welcome to join.

Please note: If you do not have an Aventador and can not/will not buy the DLC but still wish to race please sign up as a RESERVE and if the grid needs filling you may use a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 '09.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1328472000z1.png

Allowed cars:
Lamboghini Aventador (DLC), Murcielago (see note above)​
Tuning allowed:
None​
Tyre Selection
Sport Hard​
Track:
High Speed Ring Reverse- 15 laps
Rome- 15 laps​
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Weather: None
Players Participating (16 / 16):
  • 01 - Weekend_Warrior
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - MikeDub
  • 04 - Niks
  • 05 - SunhiLegend
  • 06 - ashk
  • 07 - MetalMurphy
  • 08 - Risk Breaker
  • 09 -
  • 10 - asclepio_gtr
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 - Kaze13
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -Dibbz (M)
  • R2 -chillumchilla (M)
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
Remember to put the number above to the left of your name on your car for easier identification in the replay​
Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Updated:
Upgrades, race format, players​

For the new page.

paskowitz

Angst and MM. It seems like the NRL is thinning out (RounD, Polyphony, Seattle, etc). I know we had a 15 car race only just recently. I may be over reacting, but maybe we should invite some people from GTPlanet to join in?

Polyphony

10-12 cars grids seem fine, there's a bug that seems to hamper players' FFB and laptimes when there are too many cars (>12). I don't know how often that occurs or how severe it gets, but I noticed that most GTP leagues are aiming for 12 car grids nowadays anyway. NRL is still alive :p

Risgroo

I'd love to join, just bought the DLC. I haven't played online at all, but I've put quite a few hours into singleplayer, and I always try to be a clean racer.

So I just add GT5NRL to my PSN list?

paskowitz

I'd love to join, just bought the DLC. I haven't played online at all, but I've put quite a few hours into singleplayer, and I always try to be a clean racer.

So I just add GT5NRL to my PSN list?

Do that and send a private message to Metalmurphy and/or Angst on GAF. They will then log into the GT5NRL account and accept your request. Then you are ready to go.

Business

Just saw we may use the superveloce... in that case please put me on reserve, I'll try to put some pracitce before the race and join.

edit: pask is it the 640 or 670? I'm confused with what's posted here and what you posted on the OT2

paskowitz

Just saw we may use the superveloce... in that case please put me on reserve, I'll try to put some pracitce before the race and join.

edit: pask is it the 640 or 670? I'm confused with what's posted here and what you posted on the OT2

Aventador or Murci SV. Ignore Lamborghini's stupid nomenclature.

Polyphony

Good luck to all those racing today!

Made a more minimal NRL header for those who feel like using one in race OPs. It fits with banners that are 800px wide. This is what it looks like on top of one:

uRMbs.png

n6EN6.jpg

Disappointing turnout this week which I should have expected really but ah well. I had a great race until I decided to pit, thinking everyone else would but yeah, that didn't work out at all. I will definitely be using ABS and TCS in the future though, so much more fun.

paskowitz

Ok then:

NRL Race 2/12

Evo IX RM vs STi TC (HP, weight, PP, balancing TBD)
Sports Soft tires
30 laps on Madrid Normal
Light damage
Touring car contact rules: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclTMdcV6kI. Ramming, pitting, and pushing are off limits. Strong rubbing, mid corner contact, nose to nose corner entry, etc are all fair game. Essentially, people need not be timid, but should not be reckless.
Weak slip stream
Tire wear
Edit: Tuning parts are TBD. Most likely scenario is everything except engine mods (ie lvl 1, 2, 3)

I am open to any suggestions to make the race better.

Not the best race this weekend, so it goes.

This is a reminder of what to expect for next weekend. I am still balancing the two cars.

Well done Pat.

Shame about Rome :(

On a positive note every NRL race I have done so far has made me really get to know intimately a track and a car and incrementally, how to race cleaner and faster( Ok hands up, I am the still the ultimate backmarker!). When I play in the open lounges afterwards I feel much more confident.

Good to know what the next race is on a Monday, so plenty of time for practice :)

Question: Has the NRL ever had a Jap K-class race, if not I propose it for future consideration.

Sign me up please.

paskowitz

Right now the Evo is fully upgraded (sans engine lvls) and is ballasted to the same weight as the STi. The STi has less mechanic grip. Hopefully this can be offset by more torque and a higher down force.

Also on Rome vs Madrid. If people want Rome, how about 15 laps of Madrid then 15 laps of Rome? Reverse grid on the second race. With the lighter contact rules that should make for an interesting second race.

dubc35

I might want to join soon. However I'm not sure high powered, understeering, AWD cars on a tight city circuit is the right time to join.

paskowitz

I might want to join soon. However I'm not sure high powered, understeering, AWD cars on a tight city circuit is the right time to join.

That is what the torque converter is for. Just change the power distribution to 90% back 10% front. With tire wear, after 10 laps you will be facing oversteer. Also the Evo is relatively neutral.

dubc35

Ah, good point. I came back to edit my post to say my comment was referring to my driving ability and not the car/track selection. I'm off to play around with the STi. I'm on my third Subaru in real life so I'm partial to the Subie. :p

Niks

Right now the Evo is fully upgraded (sans engine lvls) and is ballasted to the same weight as the STi. The STi has less mechanic grip. Hopefully this can be offset by more torque and a higher down force.

Nice. Thanks for putting down the laps.

NRL PSA
I have next weeks event down.
Everyone... hide yo kids, hide yo wife. Tell the boss to gtfo, cancel all appointments...
I don't care, just make sure you all can race on sunday feb 19.

:p

paskowitz

svNfm.jpg

YXEcf.png

Credits to Paskowitz for the chillumchilla for the banner

Gran Primio De Espana

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races. (Except this race you get to be a little extra rough. See additional rules)

Race starts in:
t1329076800z0.png

Allowed cars:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 & Subaru Impreza Touring Car (DLC Pack #1)​
Tuning allowed:
Car specific limited tuning of existing parts
For consistency, please perform an oil change on your car.
Evo RM: All parts are allowed except engine lvls 1-3. Please select turbo stage 3 in order to be competitive. (Final PP should not exceed 568)
STi TC: Please leave PP enhancing add-ons stock (Turbo & engine). Aero tuning is allowed. Non PP enhancing parts are allowed. (Final PP should not exceed 575)
Lounge will be limited to ~444BHP / 1080kg​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft
Track:
Circuito De Madrid Normal​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (06 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - chillumchilla
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - Dibbz
  • 05 - iamcenok
  • 06 - 2scoops
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - weekend_warrior
  • R2 - dubc35
  • R3 - Megawolaz
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
Remember to put the number above to the left of your name on your car for easier identification in the replay​
Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.

Race specific rules: Touring car contact rules: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclTMdcV6kI. Ramming, pitting, and pushing are off limits. Strong rubbing, mid corner contact, nose to nose corner entry, etc are all fair game. Essentially, people need not be timid, but should not be reckless.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Updated: I am now aware the name of the race on the banner is spelled incorrectly. I will change it later.

dubc35

Can you put me on reserve please? I want to race and plan on making it but don't want to look like a flake if something comes up. Thanks!

*e, thanks. PS I sent a request to GT5NRL last night so it should be in, PSN same as username here.

Xun

I need to play GT5 again, but I sadly don't have the time at the moment.

Would be good to race with you lot again.

paskowitz

Hmm, I reset everything to default on my STi and I'm looking at 464hp, 1140kg and 583PP.

Limit the HP to 443 (as per the regulations) and then come back.

I did a practice session today, and it is a darn shame more people can't race... these cars on this type of track are perfect.

Niks

Did some laps yesterday, race should be fun!
I would advice people to practice since knowing the braking points here is really important, and they are not very obvious.

Question pask, on the STI you cant modify aero since it will go beyond the PP limit suggested?

paskowitz

Did some laps yesterday, race should be fun!
I would advice people to practice since knowing the braking points here is really important, and they are not very obvious.

Question pask, on the STI you cant modify aero since it will go beyond the PP limit suggested?

I may have fudged that part up. I will go back and check. I am a bit new to this. Probably should have written things down.

dubc35

I double checked this morning, still at 583pp stock in the STi. I can get to 575 by dropping aero from the default values but I'm still over on HP (465 now since the engine is starting to break in). Perhaps the 443hp was pre oil change?

paskowitz

I double checked this morning, still at 583pp stock in the STi. I can get to 575 by dropping aero from the default values but I'm still over on HP (465 now since the engine is starting to break in). Perhaps the 443hp was pre oil change?

Just limit the HP to 443. I messed up on the aero. I need to increase the max PP allowed for the STi. Give me a sec I will have this sorted by the end of the day... lol.

For now just ignore the PP for the STi.

paskowitz

Have ashk and Toxa stated they cannot do Sundays anymore?

You know if, if it means more people can join, maybe we can change the time and date for NRL races??? If we can get around 12 people to agree, it would probably be worth pursuing.

Top Bottom