• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

ashk

I'm taking a break from GT5 so I probably won't be joining for a few weeks. I may join if it's something that doesn't require much practice though.

paskowitz

Even though it may be poor form, I may getting back a little late. I will give the people who show up on time the option to wait for me. I should not be any latter than 3:30pm est (8:30pm GMT).

paskowitz

svNfm.jpg

YXEcf.png

Credits to Paskowitz for the chillumchilla for the banner

Gran Primio De Espana

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races. (Except this race you get to be a little extra rough. See additional rules)

Race starts in:
t1329077700z0.png

Allowed cars:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 & Subaru Impreza Touring Car (DLC Pack #1)​
Tuning allowed:
Car specific limited tuning of existing parts
For consistency, please perform an oil change on your car.
Evo RM: All parts are allowed except engine lvls 1-3. Please select turbo stage 3 in order to be competitive. (Final PP should not exceed 568)
STi TC: Please leave PP enhancing add-ons stock (Turbo & engine). Aero tuning is allowed. Non PP enhancing parts are allowed. (Final PP should not exceed 585)
Lounge will be limited to ~444BHP / 1080kg​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft
Track:
Circuito De Madrid Normal​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (06 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - chillumchilla
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - Dibbz
  • 05 - iamcenok
  • 06 - 2scoops
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - weekend_warrior
  • R2 - dubc35
  • R3 - Megawolaz
  • R4 - Norante
  • R5 -
Remember to put the number above to the left of your name on your car for easier identification in the replay​
Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.

Race specific rules: Touring car contact rules: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclTMdcV6kI. Ramming, pitting, and pushing are off limits. Strong rubbing, mid corner contact, nose to nose corner entry, etc are all fair game. Essentially, people need not be timid, but should not be reckless.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Updated: I am now aware the name of the race on the banner is spelled incorrectly. Even though it may be poor form, I may getting back a little late. I will give the people who show up on time the option to wait for me. I should not be any latter than 3:30pm est (8:30pm GMT). In addition the correct max PP for the STi is now stated.

Polyphony

Oh man, I might make it this afternoon! I really want to race this one, after all the effort pasko put into balancing the two cars. It'll be a last minute thing once again.

dubc35

Sorry I'm a noob at this. How do I get to the room? My friend invite to the GT5NRL account hasn't been accepted yet. I'm assuming that needs to happen before I can get in.

*e, nvm figured it out. I'll hang out and see if it gets accepted. Do you guys know who owns the GT5NRL account?

dubc35

I go into Community and no rooms show up in the lounges, tried highlighting a couple different people. I'm not seeing a yellow icon to the side. If you guys are starting in a minute or two don't worry about it. I'll try next time.

paskowitz

I want to personally apologize for not making it to my own race. some things got in the way that I had to deal with and I did manage my time as well as I could have.

I haven't forgotten about this race, but I've been writing all frigging day and I really don't think playing right now is a good idea :p My mind is not where it should.

I hope you're having fun mates.

Edit: Besides I was late already, I lost track of time -_-

Dibbz

Wow great race. Tyres were completely shot at the end there. Niks slowly ate away at the gap and one the last lap took me on the 2nd turn but then 2 turns later he went straight into a wall. lol. Finished 1st with Niks 2nd and Lazlow 3rd.

Congratulations Dibbz on the win. And props to paskowitz for the work he did setting up the race, it was a great car/track combination. Too bad you didn't get to race today. :p

I wish My diving style wasn't so aggressive, I was going through tyres so quickly there was no way I could afford to 1 stop and stay with the leaders. Slowly creeping my way to the top though which is nice, I'll settle for pole and fastest lap.

paskowitz

I am so sorry I was not there, especially personally. I was going go karting (45mph, indoors, single gear) with some friends of mine and the track was bought out before we got there and the next opening was not until 4pm. Nobody told us... and it looks like the arrangements were made that day. There was no way I could bail on them. As a consolation prize, I got the fastest track lap for the day.

I really wanted to take part in this race because I knew the car and track combo was perfect. But sadly it was not to be. If anyone has a NTSC (US) replay file, I would greatly appreciate if you could upload it somewhere.

magawolaz

That was a cool race, even if I made tons of mistakes. And even with just eight cars on the grid. Congratulations to the first three drivers, you guys had an intense race up there.
About the accident... Norante and Two-Scoop crashed in front of me and I couldn't avoid them since they were in the narrower part of the main straight, in the middle of the braking section.
So... I'm sorry if I increased your rage, Norante.

Also, if you heard me honking during every chicane...that was because I used the controller :lol
I never actually meant to use the horn. I'll change controller button layout asap.

Dibbz

That was a cool race, even if I made tons of mistakes. And even with just eight cars on the grid. Congratulations to the first three drivers, you guys had an intense race up there.

Yep it was really intense and fun up front for the first and last few laps.

Lazlow on pole leads everyone down turns 1 and 2
iYQC5NTRFsMrH.gif

Lazlow, me and Niks
ivRUM4UBHu1lp.gif

Lap 29/30 and Niks was right on my tail. My tyres were completely gone, as in there was basically a thin sliver of white left on my front tyres. They were shredded.
i2cP8M0IqN4Ii.gif

No grip at all tyres smoking at every turn and niks takes me on turn 2 lap 30/30
iu8cN0qyCRr5s.gif

Turn 4 and niks goes straight in the wall. It was still tough from this point though. Niks was 2 seconds behind me in sector 2 and by the end of the lap he was 1 second away. Another lap and I was done for.
i5Z47JbkUAhTY.gif

Great race. :)

Mobius 1

I rage quit - my controller lost sync with the PS3 and I had to watch the car veer into the left wall with nothing I could do. By the time the controller was working again I had caused an accident.

Sorry about that. I was having a ton of fun and closing the gap on 3rd place :(

Mobius 1

About the accident... Norante and Two-Scoop crashed in front of me and I couldn't avoid them since they were in the narrower part of the main straight, in the middle of the braking section.
So... I'm sorry if I increased your rage, Norante.

Also, if you heard me honking during every chicane...that was because I used the controller :lol
I never actually meant to use the horn. I'll change controller button layout asap.

Nope, it was completely my (controller) fault for the accident. I hope nobody's race was seriously disrupted by that.

I really need to find a way to use the wheel. Either buying a racing seat (ha...), or using the PS3 in the office with an HDMI adapter for the computer.

Niks

YXEcf.png

550 PP RACE
banner coming soon.

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1329681600z0.png

Allowed cars:
Any premium street car tuned to 550pp.
The idea is to have a full grid with no repeated cars, or as varied as possible.
Please state which car you are going to race with.

Since we know PP leveling is not 100% accurate, I suggest not to concentrate on laptimes, but instead on choosing a car that you like driving.
Tuning allowed:
All tuning parts allowed.
You can use engine power limiter.​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
Nürburgring GP/F​
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (8 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks - Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • 02 - weekend_warrior
  • 03 - paskowitz
  • 04 - Risk Breaker
  • 05 - MikeDub
  • 06 - chillumchilla
  • 07 - 2scoops
  • 08 - Dibbz
  • 09 - magawolaz
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Polyphony

Nice idea! I can already picture someone driving the M3 CSL :p. I like the 458 at 550pp. I hope I can make it this week, put me on reserve.

Good idea, I think I'd race with my trusty 8C Competizione as we already did one race here a long time ago and it behaved quite nicely... Surely I'll get stomped :p

Angst

Good idea to limit the field to premium cars as there are some standard cars that fits the PP limit that would outperform most of the other cars (BMW M3 CSL and GTR *cough*).

I'll be in Chamonix on Sunday and the Sunday after that, but after that I will try to rejoin you guys!

Niks

Think Ill go with the 430 Scuderia.

btw if anyone wants to take a shot at organizing next weeks race, please start thinking about it.

Lap 29/30 and Niks was right on my tail. My tyres were completely gone, as in there was basically a thin sliver of white left on my front tyres. They were shredded.
i2cP8M0IqN4Ii.gif

I could tell you guys were on the edge, I wish the gap between places would be shown in game rather than just to the leader because in the last 5 laps I was catching you two by near enough 3 seconds a lap.

edit: Sign me up the next race!

paskowitz

Good idea to limit the field to premium cars as there are some standard cars that fits the PP limit that would outperform most of the other cars (BMW M3 CSL and GTR *cough*).

I'll be in Chamonix on Sunday and the Sunday after that, but after that I will try to rejoin you guys!

You forgot the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car. I agree, I think we really should limit it to premium models.

Niks

You forgot the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car. I agree, I think we really should limit it to premium models.

Its was already in the rules ;)

Some suggested car list of sorts, I may be missing a few.

Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI Quattro
BMW M3 Coupe
Chevy Corvette ZR-1
Chevy Camaro SS
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Ferrari California
Ford GT
Honda NSX Type-R
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Aventador
Lotus Evora
Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type-A
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLR McLaren
Mercedes SLS AMG
Nissan GTR
Subaru Impreza WRX STi

paskowitz

Its was already in the rules ;)

Some suggested car list of sorts, I may be missing a few.

Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI Quattro
BMW M3 Coupe
Chevy Corvette ZR-1
Chevy Camaro SS
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Ferrari California
Ford GT
Honda NSX Type-R
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Aventador
Lotus Evora
Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type-A
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLR McLaren
Mercedes SLS AMG
Nissan GTR
Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Well please forgive my inability to read...

There are a lot more premiums that can hit 550pp so I will not bother listing them all. It has been so long since I have done this type of race I completely forget which is the fastest.

Congratulations Dibbz on the win. And props to paskowitz for the work he did setting up the race, it was a great car/track combination. Too bad you didn't get to race today. :p

^^ Seconded

Well done everyone, I really enjoyed that race. Had a nice little battle with white shadow first few laps, pitted in lap 16 with 3/4 wear on my front. I was loosing about 3-5 seconds to the leaders each lap so got lapped around 20+ and did my best not to slow them down.

Sign me up for next week please.

2scoops

Sweet gifs Dibbz, awesome pics Niks, and thank you paskowitz for setting up yesterdays race, it was a great time! Also, please count me in for the 550pp race!

Top Bottom