• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

New Page

YXEcf.png

hqjdB.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 Race

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1331409600z1.png

Allowed cars:Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 (standard). If you do not have one of these tell us and someone will gift it.

Tuning allowed:
Fully Tuned. Should be 283hp, 588kg, 589PP.
Tyre Selection
Racing Soft​
Track:
Autumn Ring​
Laps:
30 (tentative)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (1 / 16):
  • 01 - weekend_warrior
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Dibbz
  • 04 - dubc35
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - Metalmurphy
  • 07 - chillumchilla
  • 08 - pax217
  • 09 - Angst
  • 10 - 2scoops
  • 11 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 12 - RounD
  • 13 - Risk Breaker
  • 14 - MikeDub
  • 15 - Kaze13
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Poll: What day and time for the race works better for you?

Day

Sat: 5

Sun: 5

Time

Same: 5

Earlier:

Later:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Risk Breaker- Sat/Sun, same time.
SpeedOfNuts- Sat/Sun, same time.
2scoops- Sat/Sun, same time.
paskowitz- Sat/Sun, same time.
weekend_warrior- Sat/Sun, same time (or a little later)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i-Lo

I have hardly played online and I was wondering if I could get a proper start here. I have the Suzuki concept and would like to join for either of the two days.

paskowitz

I have hardly played online and I was wondering if I could get a proper start here. I have the Suzuki concept and would like to join for either of the two days.

Send a friend request to the PSN ID "GT5NRL" and then send a private message to either "Angst" or "Metalmurphy".

Niks

umm Im probably very late with this but.. just did some laps and this car sure is a handful...
I can picture a lot of us spinning out (many times).

Is everyone doing ok with it?

Kaze13

umm Im probably very late with this but.. just did some laps and this car sure is a handful...

I didn't have an issue with it at all. It's very fun and forgiving car to me. Granted it is with soft tires so if that has changed then I'll likely feel very different about it.

Sure you're using the right settings? Racing Soft tires and some generous camber? We'll defiently be running some short practice races beforehand. With a full grid of cars it can be pretty crazy, don't want anyone to get caught off guard.

Niks

Granted I ran with the default setup, but yeah coming out of corners and applying gas was tricky. then again I use ds3. heh

Anyways yeah maybe its just me.

Yeah, it does oversteer, the slides can be easily controlled but this car definitely doesn't drive itself.

And I dunno, the default setup a little modified is the fastest for me for some reason.

Business

No I wasn't doing ok with it, I could run fast laps but wasn't consistent at all. Little chance I'd finish the race without spinning. It's already dangerous with fresh tires, and by fresh I mean first two/three laps. After that it's so easy to spin it by just turning in carrying a bit too much speed.

Anyway I'll miss the race this weekend but I sure want to see how it went for you guys :)

l2ounD

HA! Ive been practicing on the stock tires! I was wondering why I was having a difficult time. Night and day difference with the racing softs.

Practicing on stocks I'd guess helps simulating on worn racing softs?

i-Lo

My PP is at 588 but I can't push the power beyond 276HP (all mods completed).

Are you sure it can be pushed by aother 7HP?

Also, I installed rear-wing. Hope that's ok.

My PP is at 588 but I can't push the power beyond 276HP (all mods completed).

Are you sure it can be pushed by aother 7HP?

Also, I installed rear-wing. Hope that's ok.

I think I don't have max power either, it may be taking into account engine break-in.

Top Bottom