• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Toxa

race over

results:
874321IMGP1141.jpg

fastest lap:
526919IMGP1133.jpg

congrats edgey :)

Congrats on the win Risk Breaker. That was a fun little race, wasn't the turn out I was hoping for but I had some good battles with Kaze and Chillumchilla.

Toxa

last thursday I had an awesome party with

Renault Sport Clio Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
16691023700703_120220_20_39_51.jpg

Renault Sport Lutecia Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
9331418674809_120220_20_37_26.jpg

fullstock sport soft

at spa and suzuka it was pure bliss

paskowitz

last thursday I had an awesome party with

Renault Sport Clio Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
16691023700703_120220_20_39_51.jpg

Renault Sport Lutecia Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
9331418674809_120220_20_37_26.jpg

fullstock sport soft

at spa and suzuka it was pure bliss

How about the premium Clio, full tune (or hp and weight limited) on a course maker track? Angst, MM, WW can log into the NRL account, create a good track, then set it to share so we can all practice. How does that sound?

i-Lo

Looking at my name at the end is pretty darn embarrassing given I practiced for nearly 35 minutes on the track with the darn Suzki with the stated conditions. Friggin' fuel load screwed me over.

I also take it most of the guys also had steering wheel which would have way more fun too.

Oh well, it was my first time and so thank you all who participated and organized it.

I thought that perhaps we could celebrate the start of the F1 season doing a race with a detuned F1 (I have the F10 but could buy the F2007 I think) on say, Spa?

I don't know how detuned we should have it, just enough to have a good race for everyone while still racing a Formula car.

At least I would love this :(

And don't worry i-Lo, this wasn't the easiest of races at all.

While I cannot speak for myself GRs everyone. Congrats Edgy. Definitely now a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks, I have my good and my bad moments :p I think this is my... 3rd or 4th win? Not really sure. Won at Suzuka, Grand Valley and here, don't know if I'm missing anything.

l2ounD

New Bathurst info is exciting!

But yea the Clio is a fun car to race with, I'd imagine things would be difficult with an F1 car.

PS, Solid run Risk, Niks too. My tires would slip n sway and I'd see Niks run further away :(

i-Lo

I thought that perhaps we could celebrate the start of the F1 season doing a race with a detuned F1 (I have the F10 but could buy the F2007 I think) on say, Spa?

I don't know how detuned we should have it, just enough to have a good race for everyone while still racing a Formula car.

At least I would love this :(

And don't worry i-Lo, this wasn't the easiest of races at all.

Thanks, I have my good and my bad moments :p I think this is my... 3rd or 4th win? Not really sure. Won at Suzuka, Grand Valley and here, don't know if I'm missing anything.

LoL, at least I tried to get out of others' way.

Two things I wanted to know:

1. Do you use DS3 or a wheel? And this is a general question to all

2. Are all GAF races without mic?

Kaze13

I need some criticism to better my driving. First of all, I race with the DS3 most of the time. I like to think that Im fairly smooth in my inputs though. Anyway, there was a 4 second gap between the groups and I don't think it was because of car settings. My settings for the race was the same as everyone on else except I didn't tune the tranny and I only lowered the ride height by 5 mm.

The GSRX race was quite downer for me. I messed up a couple of times but the front runners had 4 seconds on me per lap. I figured I could save my tires midway through (i lost it all on the last lap) but that tactic didn't work. I didn't pit but that was my call and I decided it on the spot after White Shadow pitted. It made for an interesting race for me and him though.

Anyway, to those that could provide constructive critiscm, please do. I was with White Shadow, thepatriots and a few others. Any thoughts?

Polyphony

Wow, these races were livestreamed? Freaking sweet.

I had to do groceries and general house duties this afternoon, sorry I couldn't make it. Congrats to Edgey

Niks

Kaze I do think it was because of the car setup.
Im on DS3 too, and just by adding camber to the rear tires the car was a lot more drivable. I also tweaked the springs a bit.

Also, who is in charge of next weeks race? Id like to organize the the week after that.

Kaze13

Kaze I do think it was because of the car setup.
Im on DS3 too, and just by adding camber to the rear tires the car was a lot more drivable. I also tweaked the springs a bit.

Also, who is in charge of next weeks race? Id like to organize the the week after that.

Hm...I'll have to run it again just to test out a few things. I don't ever mess with camber settings since I'm not comfortable changing any of that stuff lol. I'm comfy with just lowering cars right now.

Still 4 seconds? lol

Polyphony

Anybody used the track creator a lot? I wonder if it's possible to recreate Melbourne through trial and error until the track looks somewhat similar to the real circuit. Running F10's on something like that to celebrate next week's first GP would be sweet.

FootballFan

Hey, id be very keen on joining in on the racing fun, if there is space of course. How do i go about the process of joining the league?

Kaze13

Report time. I adjusted my settings. Rear camber +2 and the car is so much better. I can now apply the gas earlier and carry more speed throughout the turn.

Results
Race: 1:15.xxx
Test: 1:13.553 (4/4 laps)

Here is the kicker though...laugh at me now. I just looked back at the max specs
Fully Tuned. Should be 283hp, 588kg, 589PP

My specs: 231hp, 640kg, 542pp :|

Dun goofed...

Edit1: I missed engine tuning and weight reductions...test 2 coming up.
Edit2: after a few more laps, best time of 1:12.9xx. Ok I feel a bit better. Lol

Toxa

You crazy. It's easy.

because first I hate cars fully tuned mostly because their behavior are unbalanced and I can't stand generated track !

I giving you racing cars perfectly balanced which are shown to be successful in previous races

Thanks guys :D

1. Do you use DS3 or a wheel? And this is a general question to all

Well, I do use a wheel for racing even if I practice with the DS3 most of the time. In some tracks that have fast changes of direction (like this one) I can match my times or even be faster with the DS3 but I can't control the car as well and that's key when you are racing so close to others. I prefer being able to avoid bumps even if by inches/mm, and you wear your tyres less as well :p It's a lot more enjoyable too.

Anybody used the track creator a lot? I wonder if it's possible to recreate Melbourne through trial and error until the track looks somewhat similar to the real circuit. Running F10's on something like that to celebrate next week's first GP would be sweet.

Indeed, and if anything I think Spa would be good but nobody else seems to like the idea :p

My specs: 231hp, 640kg, 542pp :|

Dun goofed...

Edit1: I missed engine tuning and weight reductions...test 2 coming up.
Edit2: after a few more laps, best time of 1:12.9xx. Ok I feel a bit better. Lol

LOL never forget to check your specs/tyres when you are off pace :p However, my advice for this car/track combo is... (I did 1.10'7 last week I think)

1st sector: inside in the first corner, then turn in soon for the second one so you can get on the left side of the road. Again attack the first corner of the double-S section soon and most importantly, turn your wheel (well, or DS3) as fast and soon as possible for the second turn without being too violent. If you can get on the inside of the second turn you can make it through the others a lot faster.

On the second sector, inside for the first corner, then on the downhill left, approach the turn as much to the right as you can while turning left softly and then cut the corner as late as possible, trying to keep the car straight with a stable wheel and gas.

You need to take the last chicane as straight as you can, barely turning left for the first corner and then immediately right. If you're still turning left when the first corner ends, there's that little bump in the road that will make your tyres stick too much to the road and you'll lose stability and speed. Then for the final set of 3 corners simply let the car go through them, braking a little if necessary for the first one. The point of turn-in is key here. Too soon and you go through the grass, too late and you'll surely miss the apex.

At least that's how I did it. :p

paskowitz

Indeed, and if anything I think Spa would be good but nobody else seems to like the idea :p

I have nothing against Spa. We have done it three times, but it is such an amazing track I would have no problems doing it a fourth time (Not to mention I won all three races there soooo hehe). We already did the SGT cars, Vette RM and Touring Cars, so we would need to pick something different. I know ashk has been wanting to do prototypes so maybe that so he can finally get his wish.

Other than that, it was suggested a while back that we do Camaro RM vs Challenger TC on Daytona Road. I think that would be a fun combo (although there would have to be some form of balancing). It would also be good because Daytona road was scrapped last time.

...My specs: 231hp, 640kg, 542pp :| ...

How embarrassing Kaze, you beat me with a nerfed car!

Well done Risk Breaker for your spectacular double win.

Pretty astounded how people managed a 1:10, my best was 1:14 in the race but that was slipstreaming weekend_warrior. To lose that many seconds on a short course damn. The racing line I found was hard to find sometimes because one corner always led into another and another ad infinitum.

I had one very short moment of glory after chasing weekend_warrior for about 5 laps I overtook on that crazy hairpin. My joy was short lived however as half a second later I span out and crashed into the barrier and ending up facing backward :(

We need some more old codgers like me to keep me company at the back!

I like the idea of doing a track generated race, but not for the next race. Having just come off Autumn Ring, we need a proper race track.

I have no problem doing Spa again, and we could even try a 2 class race, with 1 class using an F1/LMP and another class using something like a CUSCO Subaru or Amemiya RX-7.

What do you think? Also need to know what day you're available Sat/Sun.

Polyphony

Hey guys, so are we racing today as well? I'm ready and in front of my PS3, gonna go tune my car asap.

If anyone is up for a race, give me a shout, I'll be on.

I like the idea of doing a track generated race, but not for the next race. Having just come off Autumn Ring, we need a proper race track.

I have no problem doing Spa again, and we could even try a 2 class race, with 1 class using an F1/LMP and another class using something like a CUSCO Subaru or Amemiya RX-7.

What do you think? Also need to know what day you're available Sat/Sun.

We can always do a short race with one class and another with the other class or something... I love both examples you chose.

I'm so tired right now... I received ear surgery this week so I have that zone of my face covered and I can't move my head much, resulting in TERRIBLE neck pains.

Niks

We can gather around tonite for some quick races if everyone wants to join right now.
Lets leave the official race for next week.

joining the lounge.

Toxa

I am sorry but NASCAR on Le Sarthe would be sacrilegious. :) You gotta expand your comfort zone.

PLEASE nobody make a race post. I am working on a banner and it is EPIC!

how about racing on regular NASCAR track like daytona or indianapolis Oval Track ? because if it's about racing somewhere else make a SuperGT party

Top Bottom