• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

paskowitz

YXEcf.png

nPOyY.jpg

NASCAR at Daytona Superspeedway

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1332101700z0.png

Allowed cars:All NASCAR cars. (Please pick a car for the race when you sign up. I would like everyone to have a different car)

Tuning allowed:
Non PP tuning will be allowed. PP or HP balancing is pending.
Tyre Selection
Racing Hards​
Track:
Daytona Superspeedway​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
At least 3 mandatory pit stops (This includes coming in if you are damaged)
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (9 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - FootballFan
  • 04 - l2ounD
  • 05 - asclepio_gtr
  • 06 - KaizorPenguin
  • 07 - Niks
  • 08 - weekend_warrior
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - duc35
  • R2 - Polyphony
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Lol there is no braking at Daytona. Again, 3 mandatory pit stops. Please do not be upset if you were not listed as a star. Also, everyone should try to pick a different car if possible.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

dubc35

Nice work on the banner!

I'm absolutely woeful at nascar in gt5. I'll give it some practice runs but can't promise to make it on Sunday.

ashk

Everyone having different cars would be great. Maybe you should state that a bit more prominently in the race OP and also request that everyone picks a car before signing up.

Anyway I would love to join but as I'll probably be watching the Sebring 12 hour race at that time I'm not 100% sure I will. Depending on how good the racing is I'll see if I'll be joining or not, so you can put me on reserve for the time being.

paskowitz

Everyone having different cars would be great. Maybe you should state that a bit more prominently in the race OP and also request that everyone picks a car before signing up.

Anyway I would love to join but as I'll probably be watching the Sebring 12 hour race at that time I'm not 100% sure I will. Depending on how good the racing is I'll see if I'll be joining or not, so you can put me on reserve for the time being.

I think Sebring is on Saturday.

FootballFan

Oh man, i gotta pull out of this one. My many sorry`s. Would of easily made the race if it had been 24 hours earlier. Have fun, ill try to make the next one for sure.

ruttyboy

I’ve had GT5 since launch but until last night I’d never touched the online (partly through lack of interest, partly through being scared).

After loading the baffling server list I picked a race pretty much because it said 450PP limit (I thought the lower end of performance best for my first race). Once in the lobby I picked a car at random from my garage and set off. I managed to win... because every other person in the lobby dropped on the second lap... but still it was fun while it lasted.

Long story short, I’m very interested in doing more online races and was hoping this thread might be the answer to finding nice people who won’t drop out :)

Is there anything I should know or need to do to get some races with you guys? Obviously I don’t have any racing experience other than the AI (which doesn’t count) so would you be willing to take a rookie?

EDIT: Oh and maybe I should have said, I'm in Europe and thanks to my wife's busy schedule this week I can play pretty much any night this week

paskowitz

I’ve had GT5 since launch but until last night I’d never touched the online (partly through lack of interest, partly through being scared).

After loading the baffling server list I picked a race pretty much because it said 450PP limit (I thought the lower end of performance best for my first race). Once in the lobby I picked a car at random from my garage and set off. I managed to win... because every other person in the lobby dropped on the second lap... but still it was fun while it lasted.

Long story short, I’m very interested in doing more online races and was hoping this thread might be the answer to finding nice people who won’t drop out :)

Is there anything I should know or need to do to get some races with you guys? Obviously I don’t have any racing experience other than the AI (which doesn’t count) so would you be willing to take a rookie?

EDIT: Oh and maybe I should have said, I'm in Europe and thanks to my wife's busy schedule this week I can play pretty much any night this week

Step 1: Send a friend request to the PSN ID: GT5NRL
Step 2: Message either Angst, Metalmurphy, or weekend_warrior on GAF that you have sent a friend request to the GT5NRL account.
Step 3: Join the room from the community friends list seconds of the GT5 home screen
Step 4: Profit?

paskowitz

I tested this for the next race. Its a great combination.

Track:
Circuit de la Sarthe Time/Weather Change
Time setting so the race ends just as the track goes dark. IE the last laps should be at knight. I want to set the weather to 0 but give the track 10-20% standing water so the beginning of the race is scary but dries out over time. Basically at the start the challenge is the water, then as the race ends its the night.

Laps:
15-20

Cars:
Dodge Challenge SRT8 TC
-Full tune (no engine lvls. Comes with lvl 1 stock.) (662hp, 592ft/lbs, 1285kg, ~618pp)

Camaro SS '10 RM
-Full tune (no engine lvls) (HP limited, ~600hp [still working on this], 592ft/lbs, 1210kg, ~613pp) (This car is faster given the PP so some adjustments will have to be made)

Tires:
Special Rules: Everyone has to use a set of Racing Mediums and Racing Softs. A la F1. So if you quali on RS you have to use RM at some point during the race and vice versa.

The two cars a lot of fun to drive and have great straightline speed. The Challenger is a little faster on the straight and has neutral handling. The Camaro is slower on the top end, a little nervous to drive, but takes corners much faster and accelerates better. Both cars should be in the 3:5X.xxx range maybe. Once I get them within a second I will post the final settings.

While I am sure this seems complicated, the only complicated part are the tire rules, and the separate quali entries a la the 458vsSLS race. Then again, when we did not there were no issues so I see no reason it would be a problem now.

paskowitz

Count me in for next week if I'm home, but I'm going to Madrid tomorrow to have a training course/possible job interview with EA :O So excite.
Congrats! If you don't get the job and you see the guy who negotiates the car licensing for NFS(ie the guy who keeps Porsche from being in GT), please be sure to give him a swift kick to the groin. Thanks.

Count me in for next week if I'm home, but I'm going to Madrid tomorrow to have a training course/possible job interview with EA :O So excite.
Preferably before you kick them in the groin, give them a big kiss for the two player C64 masterpiece that was Archon II: Adept.

And of course, good luck with your interview.

LOL Thank a lot guys, don't worry, I'll keep all that in mind ;)

I'm more nervous/excited than Coulthard at the start of a race >_> Gonna take the bus in a couple of hours.

See you soon!

paskowitz

It appears that everyone is on break or is very busy with their lives (as am I). Lets restart the NRL for the weekend after next April 7th. How does this sit with people?

As for the race. Challenger vs Camaro RM @ Le Sarthe as stated above.

2scoops

It appears that everyone is on break or is very busy with their lives (as am I). Lets restart the NRL for the weekend after next April 7th. How does this sit with people?

As for the race. Challenger vs Camaro RM @ Le Sarthe as stated above.

Yeah, i've been pretty busy myself. However, please count me in for the next race.

Also, is it the Challenger RM, or TC?

Polyphony

Yeah I've been pretty busy myself, haven't found time to play anything much. I've been running a few time trial laps on Project CARS every now and then but have found no time to practice or commit to leagues on a regular basis. Things might lighten up soon, hopefully.

Top Bottom