• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Business

Very busy with work lately. Right now I'm in Guangzhou for work but I should be back to the NRL races for the 6-8th April weekend.

paskowitz

I tested this for the next race. Its a great combination.

Track:
Circuit de la Sarthe Time/Weather Change
Time setting so the race ends just as the track goes dark. IE the last laps should be at knight. I want to set the weather to 0 but give the track 10-20% standing water so the beginning of the race is scary but dries out over time. Basically at the start the challenge is the water, then as the race ends its the night.

Laps:
15-20

Cars:
Dodge Challenge SRT8 TC
-Full tune (no engine lvls. Comes with lvl 1 stock.) (662hp, 592ft/lbs, 1285kg, ~618pp)

Camaro SS '10 RM
-Full tune (no engine lvls) (HP limited, ~600hp [still working on this], 592ft/lbs, 1210kg, ~613pp) (This car is faster given the PP so some adjustments will have to be made)

Tires:
Special Rules: Everyone has to use a set of Racing Mediums and Racing Softs. A la F1. So if you quali on RS you have to use RM at some point during the race and vice versa.

The two cars a lot of fun to drive and have great straightline speed. The Challenger is a little faster on the straight and has neutral handling. The Camaro is slower on the top end, a little nervous to drive, but takes corners much faster and accelerates better. Both cars should be in the 3:5X.xxx range maybe. Once I get them within a second I will post the final settings.

While I am sure this seems complicated, the only complicated part are the tire rules, and the separate quali entries a la the 458vsSLS race. Then again, when we did not there were no issues so I see no reason it would be a problem now.

Rules

xptoxyz

Hey guys, had GT5 for a long time and want to get back into it after some time away.

Playing only with DS3 at the moment, something I'll maybe fix in time. Hopefully I'll be able to race nevertheless without being lapped too much you guys.

Looking forward to some races.

paskowitz

Hey guys, had GT5 for a long time and want to get back into it after some time away.

Playing only with DS3 at the moment, something I'll maybe fix in time. Hopefully I'll be able to race nevertheless without being lapped too much you guys.

Looking forward to some races.

Welcome.

Do you know how to join NeoGAF Racing League races?

dubc35

Good luck everyone racing next weekend! We're having friends over for Easter so I won't be able to make it. I've tried the cars out though, should be fun.

paskowitz

Also, I will be the community test manager for the new Fanatec Club Sport Wheel on the US Playstation forums. mclaren777 will be the community test manager for NeoGAF. Please keep an eye out for his post in the coming days. For more information on what this means please refer to these two links: Link 1, link 2.

2scoops

Well shit. Not going to be able to make it today, Easter dinner got bumped from tomorrow to today. Sorry everyone. I tried out the car/track combo and it was a great setup paskowitz

paskowitz

Lol... I forgot it even was Easter this weekend. Stuck with inlaws. Won't make it. Let's do next weekend, since most people are probably in a similar situation.

As I told you via PM I'm moving this weekend and I will be far from my wheel for months...

I miss racing here but I really haven't had the time lately. I hope we can do some friendly racing on summer or something.

l2ounD

ive been itching to get back into driving games, Im thinking of getting pCARS. But yea count me in if we get enough people, though there's not that much time to practice.

paskowitz

So far that is 8 people yay. Sounds good enough for me. I have an awesome race planned with the Camaro RM and Challenger TC at Le Sarthe... but I kinda want to save it for a race when we can get 12-16 people. Since we have a medium amount of people, what about Suzuka short circuit? That should keep the racing pretty close. That or one of the shorter Cape Ring circuits. I am going do to some quick testing and put up a post latter today. Race on Sunday, normal time.

paskowitz

YXEcf.png

AU4ka.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1334516400z0.png

Allowed cars: Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04, Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM'97 , Honda CR-Z TC (DLC Pack 1)

Tuning allowed:
Individual Car specific tuning:
- Honda INTEGRA RM: All PP enhancing parts allowed EXCEPT engine level and engine ecu. Final specs should read: ~331hp, ~214ft-lbs, 950kg, ~520PP (Lap time: 52:226)
- Honda Civic RM: Full tune. Only engine level 1 is allowed. Final specs should read: ~347hp, ~206ft-lbs, 845kg, ~531pp (Lap time: 52:334)
- Honda CR-Z TCL Full tune. No engine level mods (engine level 2 is stock). Final specs should read: ~297hp, ~223ft-lbs, 910kg, ~519pp (Lap time: 52:194)
Tyre Selection
Racing Hards​
Track:
Susuka Circuit East Course​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (12 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - duc35
  • 03 - vissione
  • 04 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 05 - weekend_warrior
  • 06 - Niks
  • 07 - Kaze13
  • 08 - pax217
  • 09 - FootballFan
  • 10 - chillumchilla
  • 11 - KaizorPenguin
  • 12 - mil6es
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - l2ounD
  • R2 - MikeDub
  • R3 - ashk
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

If your car is breaking into the 51.XXX second range, I may decide to limit it. The CRZ is intentionally a little faster because at around 20 laps its battery runs out and then becomes slower... so choosing this car is a bit of gamble. There will be a special 3 stage entry system. The PP will be set to 520 and anyone driving the CR-Z will be allowed to enter the pits, where they will stay. Then the PP will be set to 521 and the INTEGRA will be allowed to enter. Finally the PP will be set to 532 and the CIVIC will be allowed to enter. Not that I do not trust everyone to tune their cars properly, this just ensures there is no misunderstanding.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

After almost six months, my new place is almost done, and i should be living in it on the second week of May. By then, if people are still playing this, i´ll be up for some races.

ashk

Hey I just found out that I should be available tomorrow evening, but put me on reserve just in case.

Also I wanted to point out that since daylight savings kicked in since we last had a race this one will effectively start one hour later than usual since GMT remains unchanged. I remember some people having problems with DST changes in the past so I just wanted to point this out so people can join in the right time.

paskowitz

Hey I just found out that I should be available tomorrow evening, but put me on reserve just in case.

Also I wanted to point out that since daylight savings kicked in since we last had a race this one will effectively start one hour later than usual since GMT remains unchanged. I remember some people having problems with DST changes in the past so I just wanted to point this out so people can join in the right time.

Thanks. Race post updated. Hope you can make it. We will start at our normal time! 3:15pm eastern time (7pm GMT).

2scoops

Shit. I knew this would happen. Got called in for work tomorrow so i will not be racing. I was really looking forward to this race too. Dammit!

paskowitz

Please read all the tuning rules before your join.

Also, just a friendly reminder to everyone since we are all a bit rusty. Damage is set to heavy. Please make sure you know the track and when its race time, drive carefully. T1 has plenty of run off but is still asking for trouble due to its high speed. We are also likely to have varying speeds of drivers. If you are a backmarker (slower driver), not fighting for a position, and you see a faster driver coming up, please position yourself off the racing line (usually the outside) so they can get by. Also, we have had a couple of problems in the past with backmarkers trying to overtake drivers fighting for the lead and then running into them. Lets avoid this today.

Some advice for this track and these cars. Check out the "GT5 Tuning Wiki". This will help kill the inherent understeer of these cars. The CR-Z is the easiest to drive but lacks power. The Integra is a good balance between power and handling. The Civic is all power and should have a clear advantage on the straights. Stay away from the track edge as it will violently pull your car since it is FWD. The first corner and the last corner are the most important to get right.

With that out of the way, I hope this race is as good as that F1 race this morning.

paskowitz

Um...I think I've done everything I can to tune my cars(including race mods) according to the rules, but they're nowhere near the estimates paskowitz posted. My integra has 318 BHP and 507 PP, while the civic is at 316 BHP and 511 PP. Anything I might've missed? I've applied everything in the parts shop at least....

Are the values the same in the EU and US versions?
You did the race mod conversions, right? Oil change? Downforce maxed out?

I will join the room in 1hr.

pax217

Running laps now, trying to get that lap time down. My specs on the Integra Type-R seem to be slightly lower, but I don't know that it'll be an issue in-race.

I may have to take a phone call in which I wouldn't be able to race, hasn't happened yet, though.

Ran about 10 laps, lowest being 53.xxx which I'm happy with considering I'm not very good and my car is under powered.

Top Bottom