• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

expy

Banned
Melfice7 said:
FUCKING ANNOYING X1 CHALLENGE RESTART

Seriously.. gotta wait 8 seconds for every restart? fu
:lol Yup! I find it amusing too, that in some of the X1 "examples" the guy doesn't even beat the gold time.

offshore

I think it's weird that the X2010 Challenge isn't listed in Special Events until you get to Level 30; nor is it promoted anywhere in the game. Why isn't it in the dealership for example? Let people know it's there for goodness sake.

I bet there are plenty of people who have GT5 have no idea something like the X2010 exists in the game.

anddo0

Great news, managed to come in 2nd in the RX-7 event... Bad news, I finished almost 20 secs behind first.:lol I'll take it.

Dead Man

offshore said:
I think it's weird that the X2010 Challenge isn't listed in Special Events until you get to Level 30; nor is it promoted anywhere in the game. Why isn't it in the dealership for example? Let people know it's there for goodness sake.

I bet there are plenty of people who have GT5 have no idea something like the X2010 exists in the game.
Add it to the list of strange decisions.

Melfice7

LOL wtf happend at 'ring gp with x1?! i finish a clean lap 2:09.4xx which is silver and i get disqualified after crossing the line?! WHAT

h3ro

So I'm reading on GTP that you can duplicate X1's using the backup save exploit. (Save your game, send car you want to a friend, delete save that doesn't have car and bring back the save you backed up)

Might make BSpec much quicker. Anyone who has one interested in making the Bspec lives of Neogaf easier?

razu

Oooh, I just missed 1st place by 34 seconds... Know what? Think I'll give the NASCARs round the ring a miss.

Getting back to slow Gran Turismo, it's more my kinda thing. Just putting a "Sports ECU" in my 1962 VW SambaBus... 120BHP so far...

Just don't press X too quickly on the messages that come up when you buy something... they're not ready yet... Fuck man, it's like GT is tired, needs a lay down... Next time, could we have responsive menus that don't FUCKING LOAD between different screens? The PSP menus were better than this embarrassment! Doesn't even look good... you twats... how many years have you had, to put out a higher res, (in some places), version of the same game...?! AND WHY CAN I NOT SORT ALL MY FUCKING CARS BY POWER? STANDARD, PREMIUM...? WHO GIVES A FUCK, I'M PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME YOU FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING...

Anyway.

202BHP SambaBus. Wheeeeeeee...!!!

expy

Banned
Ehh, you can win the X1 by obtaining a trophy in all 3 X1 challenges once you reach Level 30 in any spec. Get a free one at B-spec lvl 35.

h3ro

expy said:
Ehh, you can win the X1 by obtaining a trophy in all 3 X1 challenges once you reach Level 30 in any spec. Get a free one at B-spec lvl 35.

30 feels like it's so far away. :lol

h3ro said:
So I'm reading on GTP that you can duplicate X1's using the backup save exploit. (Save your game, send car you want to a friend, delete save that doesn't have car and bring back the save you backed up)

Might make BSpec much quicker. Anyone who has one interested in making the Bspec lives of Neogaf easier?

booooo, go earn it! :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really wonder what Kaz was smoking for the NASCAR event.

"We'll take the NASCARS... and PUT THEM ON A TECHNICAL COURSE! PLAYERS WILL LOVE IT!"

12th place and spazzing all over them place in the corners. :|

Steroyd

expy said:

You make the X1 challenge sound so passively easy. :lol

TheSeks said:

"We'll take the NASCARS... and PUT THEM ON A TECHNICAL COURSE! PLAYERS WILL LOVE IT!"

ASM is your friend for these events.

offshore

TheSeks said:

Pretty sure it was NASCAR who asked PD to have their stock cars allowed on technical/non-oval tracks.

The news section is updated saying two steering controllers now officially supported by GT5, T500 and DFGT.

Almost had a heart attack there :lol

TheSeks

offshore said:
Pretty sure it was NASCAR who asked PD to have their stock cars allowed on technical/non-oval tracks.

Sure, but the 'ring? The highly regarded technical 'ring? COME ON!

I love would to see Jeff Gordon gentle touch his way through the ring in his heavy car. >:|

Tryckser said:
ASM is your friend for these events.

Screw ASM. I'm taking the 12th place cash for the free entry (Thanks Gamestop!) and forgetting that shit exists. It's just insane.

avaya

Goldrusher said:
I agree that the prize cars aren't always that great, but where did you get a countless Skylines ?
There's not a single Skyline to be won.

edit: Except for the current GT-R (gold S) as well as two of its prototypes (gold IC and Suzuka 1000).

Gift Tickets, i've just been unlucky.

Question for those better at this game than me.

Say I do a particular course and on it on the longest straight away I say hit 110mph. Then I go to the transmission and see that the max speed is set to 147mph. I should set the max speed lower to get better acceleration right? Just don't want it too low right?

Dead Man

demosthenes said:

Say I do a particular course and on it on the longest straight away I say hit 110mph. Then I go to the transmission and see that the max speed is set to 147mph. I should set the max speed lower to get better acceleration right? Just don't want it too low right?
Correct. Although the max speed is pretty conservative, I find it tops out about 20-30 kph lower than what it says in the tuning screen.

TheSeks

demosthenes said:

Right. But if GT5 has proper tuning for the transmission, you'd be able to set the gear ratios individually to your liking.

TheSeks said:
Right. But if GT5 has proper tuning for the transmission, you'd be able to set the gear ratios individually to your liking.

Ah, well I was just in this race and my max speed was standard @ like 140. In the race I top out @ maybe 105 or so. So I lower it to 120ish area and didn't do any better. 105 was still my top too. :lol

BTW: Do the textures suck in the rear-view mirror?

I really love the new patch. Played a couple of hours last night with no HUD, makes me appreciate the visuals that much more. It also improves my driving because I get less distracted by all the side shit like speed, position, lap time etc, and instead just focus on the corners.

plainr_

h3ro said:

Let me know when you get the X1 so I can "borrow" :D

brentech

Wow yea. Can't believe I went and bought a new non-oilchanged NASCAR just to experience hell on wheels at Nurburgring. Pretty lame.

offshore

brentech said:
Wow yea. Can't believe I went and bought a new non-oilchanged NASCAR just to experience hell on wheels at Nurburgring. Pretty lame.
So...I shouldn't do that then?

There should be an option to put your old oil back in to lower the power again :lol This is the third time that an oil change has caught me out. Getting annoying.

turnbuckle

Finally got a Formula GT car to do the series, but the first two attempts I finished in 12th place. Any suggestions on tuning/assists settings? Tried searching, but haven't had much luck.

The Vettel challenge is humiliating. I cant even finish a fucking lap on MONZA. I spent at least 4 hours trying to put together a lap at the Grand Prix circuit (and kept failing at 4th and 5th corners) so I figured, hey, Monza is basically an oval with a few chicanes, I can do it.
Wrong.:lol

Top Bottom