• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Do I have to repair the chassis? What happens if I don't? And why the hell does it cost 45k credits to repair my Viper that only cost 90k. That's ridiculous.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
whats a better choice for like the wind/gt allstars

the online store GT formula for 5m or the premium Mazda 787B Race car ‘91

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KingOfKong said:
I don't notice the tearing that seem to bother a few of you (thankfully).

Then your lucky, because the game tears like it's going out of style.

Along with the shitty blinking HDR calculations on my LCD.

Fix this shit, Kaz. You fixed a bunch of the problems of launch already but not these two. >:|

whats a better choice for like the wind/gt allstars

Minolta if you got one. If you don't, have someone gift/let you borrow theirs for Like the Wind. Win yours and grind A/B-spec there.

There is another race that right now with a patch gives you 111K or there about for first, but I'm forgetting it. It's higher level (25?) than Like the Wind (21) and doesn't seem as easy/quick to grind as Like the Wind 5 lap Indy.

I am failing miserably at the Gravel Master Rally Special Event (advanced). I'm using a Peugeot 206 Rally Car as it was what I had in my garage at the time but if anyone can recommend a better car or tips on doing better on gravel then please do.

I won by 3 minutes on snow! So damn easy in comparison.

Edit: nvm gold is mine ;)

dwebo

expy said:
9 hour Tsukaba START! :lol
:lol I'm three hours in on the 4 hr Suckuba. I can't believe that out of the probably 20 tracks with pit lanes they chose to have two of the same track out of nine endurance events. Hmm, actually there are two
Nurburgrings
too. At least that's better than 1min a lap for 4 or 9 hours straight. smh

edit: oh, and 5 patches and there's still no pit crew here. c'mon now.

Sporran

Anyone offer some advice.

Im a UK gamer and bought the signatur edition and been using them nice stealth models :)

Wifey imported me a titanium blue GT PS3 for Xmas :D and i transferred all of the game saves, started up the game and updated to 1.05.

I have all of my cars in my garage and my progress intact except for the stealth ones, i have been back to the store to see my history and there was 2 downloads which i assumed where the 2 codes in the signature ed but no cars still?

Qwell

Wondering if anyone has an X2010 for trade / dupe, don't care the color etc. I have lots of cars I can trade for it. Please let me know, and if you don't see something just ask and I might be able to get it.

Cool cars I have:

2D
2J
330 P4
Muira P400
GT40
Minolta
787B
R89C
Formula GT

Would be greatly appreciated to get an X2010, thanks

Quake1028

What are those of you with wheels but no custom setups using? I got a DF GT for Xmas, but this tray table I have it on currently sucks.

expy

Banned
dwebo said:
:lol I'm three hours in on the 4 hr Suckuba. I can't believe that out of the probably 20 tracks with pit lanes they chose to have two of the same track out of nine endurance events. Hmm, actually there are two
Nurburgrings
too. At least that's better than 1min a lap for 4 or 9 hours straight. smh

edit: oh, and 5 patches and there's still no pit crew here. c'mon now.
I prefer Tsukaba, cos with the X1, on A-spec you could probably gain a hunred laps lead, then leave the game to run while they attempt to catch up, then come back and get a lead again... Gives you time away from the game since the X1 destroys the competition and the course is rather small.

Rivers

Banned
Qwell said:
Wondering if anyone has an X2010 for trade / dupe, don't care the color etc. I have lots of cars I can trade for it. Please let me know, and if you don't see something just ask and I might be able to get it.

Cool cars I have:

2D
2J
330 P4
Muira P400
GT40
Minolta
787B
R89C
Formula GT

Would be greatly appreciated to get an X2010, thanks

check out my thread I'm looking for any race cars LMP/JGTC300/500/DTM/LMP

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150577

Please can i possibly borrow someones toyota 7!?
My buick special just doesnt cut the mustard in the historic racing car cup :(

psnid: evil_skeletor_13

I will gift it back when done.

cilonen

Gloomfire said:
What are those of you with wheels but no custom setups using? I got a DF GT for Xmas, but this tray table I have it on currently sucks.

The cheapest Black & Decker Workmate (about 30 quid), partially built so there's only one top wooden cross piece to mount the wheel on, and only the front metal cross brace on the legs, the back one gets in the way of your feet and the pedals.

c4efd7aeb0ff67ad896ee929100bb7dd.jpg

demolitio

Since this thread and the last are so huge, I didn't have much luck searching for this, but I just got my DFGT and hooked it up to try it out in GT5 and it's extremely hard to turn the wheel yet it becomes looser when I'm in the grass and off the road or if I'm going like 3 miles per hour. :lol Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I can't even take turns with it right now. :(

cilonen

demolitio said:
Since this thread and the last are so huge, I didn't have much luck searching for this, but I just got my DFGT and hooked it up to try it out in GT5 and it's extremely hard to turn the wheel yet it becomes looser when I'm in the grass and off the road or if I'm going like 3 miles per hour. :lol Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I can't even take turns with it right now. :(

Turn down the feedback setting in the general wheel options, or turn on power steering.

I actually like fighting the wheel quite a bit, feels a bit more 'realistic' to me.

Edit: or just don't plug in the wall socket power adapter; USB can't power the motors on it's own, if you don't plug it into the wall you'll get no resistance at all.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Please can i possibly borrow someones toyota 7!?
My buick special just doesnt cut the mustard in the historic racing car cup :(

psnid: evil_skeletor_13

I will gift it back when done.
Bump.
Is there an alternative car to use for historic cup?

How are you supposed to place first in those season races??

I just did the mini challenge on the Cape Ring. I equipped my car with custom gears and a that one air filter so I came on 127 (128 allowed) kw or whatever that was. Because it's a tight course I set the max. speed down to 180km/h. Yet I only placed 9th out of 12...

Patrick Bateman said:
How are you supposed to place first in those season races??

I just did the mini challenge on the Cape Ring. I equipped my car with custom gears and a that one air filter so I came on 127 (128 allowed) kw or whatever that was. Because it's a tight course I set the max. speed down to 180km/h. Yet I only placed 9th out of 12...
Whoa, it's definitely your tuning or settings or something. I think I took the 1st guy about halfway through the final lap.

I was even going to post on here how much of a joke the Mini and Ford ST seasonals were compared how hard some were in the first set of seasonals.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Whoa, it's definitely your tuning or settings or something. I think I took the 1st guy about halfway through the final lap.

I was even going to post on here how much of a joke the Mini and Ford ST seasonals were compared how hard some were in the first set of seasonals.

Then please post your winner setup.

Sorc3r3r

Templar Wizard said:
should we start a seperate 'car setup thread' for getting the most of out the car performance?

custom setups mixed with upgrade guide for the events.

I'm up for this.
I would love to know the right settings expecially for the online time trial events.

Patrick Bateman said:
Then please post your winner setup.
Tuning:

Rigidity Improvement
Sports Intake Manifold
Standard Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fixed Sports Kit
Comfort Soft Tyres

Options:

Manual Transmission
Traction Control Off
Skid Recovery Force: On
Active Steering: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Gold'ed the GT World Championship last night using the SLS AMG Stealth with only racing softs applied. Due to my lack of driving skill, this was a white-knuckle affair that had me grinning and frowning in equal measure. 2nd place was never far behind, and would always catch me (or pass me, on Sarthe) during long straights.

Sooo much fun!

darkwing

Diseased Yak said:
Gold'ed the GT World Championship last night using the SLS AMG Stealth with only racing softs applied. Due to my lack of driving skill, this was a white-knuckle affair that had me grinning and frowning in equal measure. 2nd place was never far behind, and would always catch me (or pass me, on Sarthe) during long straights.

Sooo much fun!

congrats, I did it with a ZR1 RM, i was holding up the line all the time :lol

Done all of the new Seasonal Events now except the NASCAR one (not tried it yet). The RX7 one was brilliant, really enjoyed it, and now I have an utterly bad ass RX7 :)

I have been trying to get the 7.29.xx time Trophy on the Nurburgring with the GT-R this morning, I am about 10 seconds off at the moment. Really enjoying doing this as its just about driving skill with no AI to chase (or get past like in the stupid AMG Special Events). Would be cool to get some time challenges in future Seasonal updates.

Just hit Level 25 A-Spec this morning which has opened up the Endurance races, they look daunting! :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Gloomfire said:
192256-SM2.jpg

I have about half my setup on one of these tables, including my TV that all my systems are hooked up to. So I just hook my DF up to that dude right in front of my TV and I'm game.

Naturally, this won't work for everyone, and they are ugly as fuck. :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Sure is a beast.

That said if anyone in the US is upgrading from a DFGT which you don't want anymore, PM me, I want to upgrade from my DF Pro at a reasonable price.

sadaiyappan

demolitio said:

Dude. I think they are trying to make it like a real car. When you are moving slowly it is easier to steer, as you get faster the force feedback increases and it becomes harder to steer. I believe Midnight Club Los Angeles was the first game to do this but I could be wrong.

SolidSnakex said:
Holy crap the T500 seems like it would rip your arms off

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=188792131136255

Credit to Druneau from GTplanet.

I never liked the fixed paddle shifts because of the constant fear that I'd rip my finger off if I turn the wheel too fast while holding it loosely, with fingers extending behind the wheel. But this is just nuts, those huge metal paddles are so close to the wheel, and the wheel itself moves like crazy, I'd be more worried about accidentally hitting those paddles than actually driving the car.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Here's what I did for my setup. I picked up a small table top and attached longer legs to it. Got the whole thing for less than $30 at Ikea and it looks nice while worked well. I just use the bottom piece of the coffee table to keep the pedals in place.

(just a cell phone pic)
setup.jpg

Also ended up working as a way to play PC games with mouse and keyboard on my TV. The wall mount I use allows me to pull the TV out quite a ways from the wall too, so I can sit very close. Quite immersive for racing.

brentech

Sadaiyappan said:
Dude. I think they are trying to make it like a real car. When you are moving slowly it is easier to steer, as you get faster the force feedback increases and it becomes harder to steer. I believe Midnight Club Los Angeles was the first game to do this but I could be wrong.
Much like the real world, when traveling at fast speeds you can 'feel the road' a lot more. While normally you can feel it through the pedals and your seat if you're pulling Gs, the steering wheel simulates what you would feel through the steering column.
So minor imperfections in road surfaces translate to your wheel, which causes it to jerk a little bit when you're driving really fast (that's why on the wrong surface, if you let go of the wheel your car, it will start jerking back in forth in a high speed wobble). So you're actually fighting for control against the road.

When you're going really slow is when power steering is needed because your car has little to no momentum to reduce surface resistance. So when you turn the wheel you're fighting against the friction of your wheels against the surface and the sheer mechanical parts (if no power steering) - which is where it's technically 'harder' to actually steerthe car as opposed to simply keeping control of the car.

avaya

evil_as_skeletor said:
Bump.
Is there an alternative car to use for historic cup?

Won't matter about the car really, it will be luck if you win that race. It's a complete clustferfuck on B-spec.

-viper-

Banned
Fucking hell. The X1 is impossible to keep under control in straights. My best lap on Monza is 1.02 but I'm sure I could probably cut down a second or two if the FF was at least controllable. Every other time I go on it, I end up doing 1 minute 10 seconds because of the crazy FF. The wheel shakes like a mad motherfucker. There is this particular corner which always gets me. It's the one after the second S chicane.

avaya

-viper- said:
Fucking hell. The X1 is impossible to keep under control in straights. My best lap on Monza is 1.02 but I'm sure I could probably cut down a second or two if the FF was at least controllable. Every other time I go on it, I end up doing 1 minute 10 seconds because of the crazy FF. The wheel shakes like a mad motherfucker. There is this particular corner which always gets me. It's the one after the second S chicane.

Lesmo 1? It's always been bumpy, makes for good F1 crashes when they run wide

Top Bottom