• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

plainr_

expy said:
Cardboard spacer?! o_O

Yeah I had a book between the clamps but it was hanging and looking horrible so I replaced it with cardboard scraps. :lol I'm going to change it to wood soon though. Just waiting for my g25.

KPP07l.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
test_account said:
I dont think that anything was announced for 2009 though? But maybe 2009 was their goal.

2009 was the goal for Japan, then it was pushed back to March 2010. Then that got delayed and they announced a world wide release in October, which got delayed AGAIN, to November.

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
2009 was the goal for Japan, then it was pushed back to March 2010. Then that got delayed and they announced a world wide release in October, which got delayed AGAIN, to November.

There was never an october release :O just from march to november 2nd and then to the final date :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
TheSeks said:
I see. But was 2009 ever announced, as in "G5 is coming in 2009"?

Goldrusher

TheSeks said:
2009 was the goal for Japan, then it was pushed back to March 2010. Then that got delayed and they announced a world wide release in November, which got delayed AGAIN, to November.
Fixed.

TTG

Finally unlocked the X1 challenge, B-spec was at it all day yesterday. :lol At first try, it doesn't look too difficult. The car never loses traction.

How hard can it be?

expy

Banned
TTG said:
Finally unlocked the X1 challenge, B-spec was at it all day yesterday. :lol At first try, it doesn't look too difficult. The car never loses traction.

How hard can it be?
Try and go for gold...

>_>

Steroyd

TTG said:

How hard can it be?

The fact that it doesn't lose traction is my why I have trouble controlling it. :lol

TTG

Steroyd said:
The fact that it doesn't lose traction is my why I have trouble controlling it. :lol

I heard people playing with a controller complaining, so I assumed it was about throttle control. I find that being smooth with the throttle is the only barrier left where I feel any sort of limitation with the pad. But the fact of the matter is that you can floor it out of most corners, so that's out. I only had time to put a couple of tries in it and take some photos, loads of fun. Light years ahead of the formula gt, the grip is crazy.

dwebo

I wish it would highlight which paints you already have in the dealership. Such a pain in the butt going back and forth making sure you don't unnecessarily pick up duplicates.

m0ngo said:
So I just bought the formula gt, is it worth paying all that money to restore the engine/body or should I not bother?
I'd say don't bother unless it doesn't feel right when you're driving.

-viper-

Banned
TTG said:
I heard people playing with a controller complaining, so I assumed it was about throttle control. I find that being smooth with the throttle is the only barrier left where I feel any sort of limitation with the pad. But the fact of the matter is that you can floor it out of most corners, so that's out. I only had time to put a couple of tries in it and take some photos, loads of fun. Light years ahead of the formula gt, the grip is crazy.
I imagine controlling the XI with the pad must feel very twitchy. Plus there is the insane sense of speed you have to get used to.

I'm using the wheel but on certain tracks the FF on the wheel is simply uncontrollable. Using the X1 is fun as hell though, and I find it hard to go back to normal cars as a result.

P.S. ARSENAL 3-1 CHELSEA

HELL YEAH BITCHES.

f0rk

I think I might have played GT5 all day...

Decided to just see if I could skip the events I couldn't be bothered with (where you have to buy a shitty car mostly) and bought a DB9 (the british thing to do) and a Lamborghini Gallardo. Felt like I was cheating on the Italian Championship, but got to the tuned car one and there was this S2000 that completely destroyed everyone. I came 2nd overall, but no one came close to touching it. Is it a real beast?

brentech

System's been on for the Formula GT challenge for quite some time. Just now starting the last event of the series, luckily I've won each race so there is absolutely no pressure on my driver.

expy

Banned
brentech said:
System's been on for the Formula GT challenge for quite some time. Just now starting the last event of the series, luckily I've won each race so there is absolutely no pressure on my driver.
1 hour left on my second 9hr Tsukaba run~ 1/3rd xp bar @ lvl 33! sooo goood!

brentech

expy said:
1 hour left on my second 9hr Tsukaba run~ 1/3rd xp bar @ lvl 33! sooo goood!
Crazy what this game will make us feel compelled to do...(edit: like slowly learn the metric system, as we should have actually adopted in the 70s)

Bizzyb

Banned
Is it just me or was Replay Mode WAY better in GT4?? Where are the cool effects? Where's the changing of the dynamic of the cinematic camera? Hell, Can't I at least pause, rewind or fast forward? Replay mode seems a bit boring in GT5

Please tell me there's something I'm missing!

brentech

Bizzyb said:
Is it just me or was Replay Mode WAY better in GT4?? Where are the cool effects? Where's the changing of the dynamic of the cinematic camera? Hell, Can't I at least pause, rewind or fast forward? Replay mode seems a bit boring in GT5

Please tell me there's something I'm missing!
Sadly, for now, you're not. People have brought it to the attention as something we'd really like to have patched in, but no true response as to whether it's possible that I've seen.

The NASCAR Nurburgring "Seasonal Event" is a bitch huh? I can drive and happily stay on track, but the distance between overtaking cars is huge, I am miles off of 1st. Lots of practice required for this one me thinks...

KennyLinder said:
The NASCAR Nurburgring "Seasonal Event" is a bitch huh? I can drive and happily stay on track, but the distance between overtaking cars is huge, I am miles off of 1st. Lots of practice required for this one me thinks...

Max the downforce on the car. Will make it a breeze. I couldn't get past 6th until I did this.

TTG

5298502394_33e73626b8_b.jpg

Fuck this, I'm gonna drift.

first session and I'm like 3 seconds off bronze at Nurburgring. I'm leaving so much time out there it's addictive. Gotta be careful or I'll get sucked in for like 5 hours.

Bizzyb

Banned
How can you be so incompetent as to NOT include FUCKING CONTROLS for Replay mode?!??
Forget Snazzy Jazzy special effects or at least changing the cinematic views on the fly

If I miss a camera shot, or want to set up several shots, how the FUCK are you not going to give a rewind or fast forward button? I have to sit through an entire fucking race to take ONE shot?? And if I miss it I have to do it again?? Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me!?

Oh my God I'm about to have an aneurysm....

UFRA

Bizzyb said:
How can you be so incompetent as to NOT include FUCKING CONTROLS for Replay mode?!??
Forget Snazzy Jazzy special effects or at least changing the cinematic views on the fly

If I miss a camera shot, or want to set up several shots, how the FUCK are you not going to give a rewind or fast forward button? I have to sit through an entire fucking race to take ONE shot?? And if I miss it I have to do it again?? Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me!?

Oh my God I'm about to have an aneurysm....

This is the single reason why I don't even bother to do replay photo shoots.

It's pretty unfortunate too, because I've had a lot of cool things happen later on in races, but I'm not going to sit through 9 minutes of video only to risk missing that ONE opportunity and have to start all over again.

test_account said:
Is there really a downforce glitch like that? I have seen videos of people who handle the X1 car great.

yes, and it doesn't effect the handling.

only the ff

And why is there a pic of a F1 car and not the X1? :)

because i haven't got the x1, but i'd gladly accept one if some kind soul gifted it me :D

test_account

XP-39C²
Wax Free Vanilla said:
yes, and it doesn't effect the handling.

only the ff
Ah, FF = Force Feedback? In that case i understand :) I thought you ment FF as in front wheel drive. In in afterthough, seeing that the F1 car and X1 doesnt have their engine infront, i should have known better =)

Wax Free Vanilla said:
because i haven't got the x1, but i'd gladly accept one if some kind soul gifted it me :D
Ah ok, i see, i was just curious :) Hehe, i dont have the X1 myself :\

elektrixx

Banned
ombz said:
I moved my ps3 to another tv so now gt5 doesn't fit the screen. Is there a way to redo the screen position?
Yeah in the display settings you have to hit right to get to the screen position thing again.

I had trouble finding it too.

Goldrusher

theignoramus said:
Why is there a PS3 and an LCD monitor in the back of the G37?
Never saw Pimp My Ride ?

That particular G37 is the work of tuning enthusiasts, and they won the Gran Turismo Awards a few years back. Unfortunately, the owner passed away a few months before the release of the game.

Anyone here bought the BLACK MASK version of the Nissan GT-R? Just wondering if its performance is the same as the stock GT-R '07? It's crazy money (well actually its not, it's two races of Indy) but it looks soooooooooo cool :)

Goldrusher said:
Never saw Pimp My Ride ?

That particular G37 is the work of tuning enthusiasts, and they won the Gran Turismo Awards a few years back. Unfortunately, the owner passed away a few months before the release of the game.
Does the stock G37 come with an LCD screen in the middle of the back seat? if so, why?

-viper-

Banned
Any kind fella want to donate me the NASCAR they used for the challenge? Unfortunately I can't really give you anything in return (used my trading slots - sent a car to someone today already), unless, you want a chrome paint chip.

Shaneus

Just realised that my once cool-sounding driver D. Day isn't short for D-Day (cool) but probably Doris Day (uncool). Oh well, she's kicking all kinds of arse so I don't really care.

PS. Love the damage modelling on some of the cars. The damage on the Toyota-7 just looks like someone smeared shoe polish all over it :lol

darkwing

KennyLinder said:
Anyone here bought the BLACK MASK version of the Nissan GT-R? Just wondering if its performance is the same as the stock GT-R '07? It's crazy money (well actually its not, it's two races of Indy) but it looks soooooooooo cool :)

just buy it, just grinding to lvl 35 will give you oodles of money

Top Bottom