• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Shaneus

Psychotext said:
I'm sick of driving it. It's in pretty much every racing game I own, and it's all anyone ever wants to use online.
It's pretty epic in the snow... I don't know if there's snow in GT5 but in PGR4 online, holy hell it was awesome.

STG

I hate to beg but I have to :(

I am looking for the Toyaota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (that initial D one)

but I never see him in the used car market, so if anyone has maybe two of it and has a big heart, can you gift me that car?

psn id: ageha_stg

fabiolrs

Neo Member
-viper- said:
Honestly if there was no stupid 'one car per day limit', I'd send an F10 and X1 to everyone on this board :p

But the limit annoys the hell out of me and makes it such a chore to send cars.

Yeah unfortunately I can't give the game the necessary effort :( work is killing me! I might not see a X1 or F1 this year =/

On a side note, has anyone ever read the in-game manual? It says something about REMOTE GAMES, and just after it, it says: *remote games to be added via online update in the future.

lol unfinished games rules! :)

fabiolrs said:
Yeah unfortunately I can't give the game the necessary effort :( work is killing me! I might not see a X1 or F1 this year =/

On a side note, has anyone ever read the in-game manual? It says something about REMOTE GAMES, and just after it, it says: *remote games to be added via online update in the future.

lol unfinished games rules! :)

That's GT Anywhere. It's for remote B-spec races.

Az

Ugh online.

Why does everyone want to just drive on Daytona or Special Stage Route? Boooring.

It can take me up to an hour to find a decent room.

Random question... anyone know which cars are worth most when you sell them? My nephew just got the game and I want to send him a couple of insanely expensive cars to sell so he can get a good start on his garage. Otherwise he'll be bothering me every day to send him a new car. :lol

Shaneus said:
It's pretty epic in the snow... I don't know if there's snow in GT5 but in PGR4 online, holy hell it was awesome.
I remember the event too... was top notch.

Schmitty

Anyone have any tips on the special event for the rally race? Am I supposed to brake around turns? I can't seem how to figure out how to drive the car on dirt. Some turns I'll almost stop completely even while I jam the accelerator.

Schmitty said:
Anyone have any tips on the special event for the rally race? Am I supposed to brake around turns? I can't seem how to figure out how to drive the car on dirt. Some turns I'll almost stop completely even while I jam the accelerator.
Never overturn, break before corners, don't jam the accelerator. Just caaaaarefully turn the wheel. But you can win the first rally challenges by just using the WRC cars you win elsewhere. Loeb ones are harder.

or just turn on traction control and auto-win

brentech

Schmitty said:
If you find yourself nearly coming to stop or stopping mid turn, you're probably braking too far into the turn. Instead, try to slow down prior to the turn and then ease back onto the throttle as you get pointed in the right direction.
That and using the RA dial to change 4WD to 50/50 are both great help. I think most if not all the setups are using 60/40 4WD for one reason or another.

Schmitty

brentech said:
If you find yourself nearly coming to stop or stopping mid turn, you're probably braking too far into the turn. Instead, try to slow down prior to the turn and then ease back onto the throttle as you get pointed in the right direction.
That and using the RA dial to change 4WD to 50/50 are both great help. I think most if not all the setups are using 60/40 4WD for one reason or another.
Where can I change the RA dial

avaya

So attempted Vettell Nurburgring today, after a good 30mins of erratic laps 2:07.976 for the gold. The first lap was a stinker, decided to go crazy in S3 and maximum attacked Veedol and Coca-Cola, it was a good thing to do for sure. I had lost so much time in those two corners in all previous runs. Hands are fucked, the leather on the G25 has cut them up.

Suzuka left. Fun times. One consolation is the kerbs won't fuck up the ground effect like the Nurburgring ones.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Finally got and installed the game yesterday (the remaining time counter was comically bad, it was stuck on "30 seconds left" for good ten minutes, and then on "3 seconds left" for five minutes more) Reminded me of Windows copy dialog when it gets confused by a mixture of large and small files.

I didn't get to play it yet, but I did notice that the game has a crappy DTS audio bug with my amp. Just by loading the game there is never any sound coming from the speakers. Amp says that it's getting DD5.1 input, but the game is saying that it's outputting DTS5.1. Solution to this I found was to either switch input on the amp to something else and then back to PS3, or to disable dts in the PS3 settings. This is happening even after the 1.05 update btw.

cilonen

avaya said:
So attempted Vettell Nurburgring today, after a good 30mins of erratic laps 2:07.976 for the gold. The first lap was a stinker, decided to go crazy in S3 and maximum attacked Veedol and Coca-Cola, it was a good thing to do for sure. I had lost so much time in those two corners in all previous runs. Hands are fucked, the leather on the G25 has cut them up.

Suzuka left. Fun times. One consolation is the kerbs won't fuck up the ground effect like the Nurburgring ones.

I've been looking at the Fanatec Porsche GT2 RS replica wheel, it's all Alcantara and looks fantastic.

Lord Error said:
Finally got and installed the game yesterday (the remaining time counter was comically bad, it was stuck on "30 seconds left" for good ten minutes, and then on "3 seconds left" for five minutes more)

I didn't get to play it yet, but I did notice that the game has a crappy DTS audio bug with my amp. Just by loading the game there is never any sound coming from the speakers. Amp says that it's getting DD5.1 input, but the game is saying that it's outputting DTS5.1. Solution to this I found was to either switch input on the amp to something else and then back to PS3, or to disable dts in the PS3 settings. This is happening even after the 1.05 update btw.

Get this same bug with my Logitech Z5500's. One in a blue moon it will launch GT5 and get the correct DTS, but most times I have to cycle my amp input to something else then back to PS3 to get the audio to come back.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
gutterboy44 said:
Get this same bug with my Logitech Z5500's. One in a blue moon it will launch GT5 and get the correct DTS, but most times I have to cycle my amp input to something else then back to PS3 to get the audio to come back.
Same speakers here :\
It should probably be possible to just switch them of f and then back on once the game is started.

I also wasted so much time finding this thread :\ Had to use google search.

Angst

Dammit MM don't quit in the middle of a race when you're the host. I was having a great time - then bam "RAGE QUIT!" :lol

Bobo

Lord Error said:
Same speakers here :\
It should probably be possible to just switch them of f and then back on once the game is started.

I also wasted so much time finding this thread :\ Had to use google search.
Same thing happened to me. Turn off DD 5.1 and just leave DTS on in the PS3 audio settings.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
anx10us said:
Long time lurker, 1st post on this thread.

I've had GT5 for nearly 3 weeks now, fortunately due to holidays and snow most of this time has been at home so I have been pushing my B-Spec drivers as much as possible, basically all day and night ;-). Even had my 8-year old son starting races in B-Spec when my Bob's had finished ...

GT5 is my GOTY

[snip]
Finally, I won the X2010 last night for all bronze.

You've had the game for just 3 weeks, you have a son who's (bless him) probably takin' up a lot of your free time... and yet you already have the X1?
Get The Fuck Out of Hereeeeeeeee!!
Damn, I'm so depressed -__-

You should at least Gift-trick me the X1orF1 otherwise you're just rubbing it in :lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
STG said:
I hate to beg but I have to :(

I am looking for the Toyaota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (that initial D one)

but I never see him in the used car market, so if anyone has maybe two of it and has a big heart, can you gift me that car?

psn id: ageha_stg

Yesterday there was the Shuichi Shigenoso edition (the author of the comic) in my dealer, do you want me to buy it for you?
I'm no in-game rich tho and I don't have a usb-pendrive here with me, so hopefully you'll give me something back for that car, k?
I'm going home in a few hours, just tell me if you want it (if it's still there obviously).

Error1355

Psychotext said:
Random question... anyone know which cars are worth most when you sell them? My nephew just got the game and I want to send him a couple of insanely expensive cars to sell so he can get a good start on his garage. Otherwise he'll be bothering me every day to send him a new car. :lol

Many of the cars that are expensive can't be sold back. Just an option to delete it from your garage. And the cars that can be sold back you get just about nothing for.

Orgun

Finally got around to golding all the Seasonal Race 01 races thanks to a tuning guide I found :D

Had an attempt at the Nordscheife Nascar in Event 02...oh my god, so intense. Best i've managed is 8th so far.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Orgun said:
Finally got around to golding all the Seasonal Race 01 races thanks to a tuning guide I found :D

Had an attempt at the Nordscheife Nascar in Event 02...oh my god, so intense. Best i've managed is 8th so far.

Will you post that guide?

avaya

cilonen said:
I've been looking at the Fanatec Porsche GT2 RS replica wheel, it's all Alcantara and looks fantastic.

Promised myself I wouldn't buy another but it's tempting. I'm gonna have to buy some gloves.

Angst said:
Dammit MM don't quit in the middle of a race when you're the host. I was having a great time - then bam "RAGE QUIT!" :lol

oO It didn't migrate? Sorry about that :lol But there's supposed to be host migration.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
oO It didn't migrate? Sorry about that :lol But there's supposed to be host migration.
Yeah, probably a bug or something. Anyway, nice races otherwise. Could have been more people though.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Hey guys, any chance I could swap an X1 Red Bull for a F2007/10?
I know I got the X1 duped for free but if anyone has been given a Ferrari under the sane circumstance and hasn't yet got the X1, I would absolutely love one.
I might be willing. I'll trade a Ferrari F10 for an X1.

I'm so tired of killing my PS3 to get to level 35. Currently 33. Unless somebody can hook me up.

PSN: Crakatak187

Post your gaf user name and gaf when you friend me.

Crakatak187 said:
I might be willing. I'll trade a Ferrari F10 for an X1.

I'm so tired of killing my PS3 to get to level 35. Currently 33. Unless somebody can hook me up.

PSN: Crakatak187

Post your gaf user name and gaf when you friend me.

Friend request sent and just waiting for your confirmation to send the x1.

Melfice7

Just golded monza with the X1.. my arms hurt :3

edit: annnnnnd i just rolled over with the X1.. problem?
XQ4Bc.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
theignoramus said:
You can have one tonight, once I can gift another car. Then just use the USB exploit to pass it on once or twice. My PSN name is in my profile.

Viper supposed to give me one along with Chrome Paint, but apparently he forgot. :/

I'll send a friend request your way.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Orgun said:

I get that the online events are just icing on the cake, but are they really supposed to require this much minute tuning to beat? I thought the races were genuinely hard for me. I didn't really do much other than weight reductions and transmission changes and still managed to 2nd/3rd most of them. But if I wanted gold I really had to go through all the stuff listed in the above post? Damn.. they could at least put a note in there like: for serious tuners only. I could imagine a casual GT5 fan jumping into the RX7 race and just being like..uh..is this the Lotus challenge?

Yeah, some of them are quite difficult. Especially when it's so easy to brute force 99% of the career.

On a different note, getting that 1000 cars trophy is going to be insanely tedious. You're probably looking at half a day of just waiting for the used car dealership to load / waiting to get the car...

Quake1028

OK, I have an X2010 Carbon Prototype. I will dupe it to 5 people, starting Saturday. Looking for any supercars I don't have. Would give preference to the other 2 X1's.

I have:

X2010 Carbon
Formula GT
Mazda 787B
GT by Citroen
MINOLTA
AMG Stealth
Furai

h3ro

Gloomfire said:
OK, I have an X2010 Carbon Prototype. I will dupe it to 5 people, starting Saturday. Looking for any supercars I don't have. Would give preference to the other 2 X1's.

I have:

X2010 Carbon
Formula GT
Mazda 787B
GT by Citroen
MINOLTA
AMG Stealth
Furai

I have the Vettel X1. Does the Carbon have 0 miles? PM me and lets work out a trade. :D

Top Bottom