• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Gloomfire said:
OK, I have an X2010 Carbon Prototype. I will dupe it to 5 people, starting Saturday. Looking for any supercars I don't have. Would give preference to the other 2 X1's.

I have:

X2010 Carbon
Formula GT
Mazda 787B
GT by Citroen
MINOLTA
AMG Stealth
Furai

Furai for F1'10?

-viper-

Banned
TheSeks said:
Viper supposed to give me one along with Chrome Paint, but apparently he forgot. :/

I'll send a friend request your way.
still need it? can send in about 10 hours.

also, who wants a red x1? just buy me a rabyrig nsx and i'll send it to you.

Niks

Escudo is up on my used car dealer for 2 million. Buy or no buy?

Edit: bought! Looks really good for a standard
Edit 2: awesome new seasonals!

Shaneus

brentech said:
Yeah, 3rd set. They have no tuning or tire restrictions so it's just free money/xp really.
Oh shit, that's awesome! Finally something I can enjoy doing. Can't wait to gold something on the first go just to see that epic countdown of XP and Cr.

Shaneus

Anyone have a summary of the new challenges/how easy they are? Not like I'm keen to get home to do them or anything (20 mins until work finishes for the day) but I'd just like to know whether I should be excited or not :lol

Jeez, I wish GT had a better way of showing that Bonus 3 is here. Gonna play them naow.

Guys: There are no HP/Weight restrictions on the challenges... Those poor AI are never gonna stand a chance.

Edit: Prius with a racing exhaust sounds frightening. Not in a Viper GTS kind of way but a "oh god my coffee machine won't turn off" kind of way especially when the hybrid mode switches off the electric motor. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-viper- said:
still need it? can send in about 10 hours.

Nah (unless you have the prototype/non-S. Vettle one), I do need the Chrome Paint, however.

Now to practice/shit my pants with it and probably abuse it in B-spec. :lol

TheSeks

brentech said:
Kinda surprised they made the new seasonals have absolutely no restriction other than the car you use.

SSHHHHHHHHH... don't let them know, I don't need the challenge in my level grinding A-spec to 40. (Now if they did this for B-spec...)

Note: That's not to say that the previous two were hard, just fucking stupid and the restrictions/AI cars having better horsepower than your car made me hate them.

TheSeks

Holy shit, the X1 is insane. Gotta have quick reflexes, but not too bad on a controller. :lol

Thanks for the fast 111 meters a second, as well.

Time to do the bonus seasonal events 3 tomorrow morning.

I think I'm done with GT5. haven't booted it in ages, if anyone here is REALLY into the game and would like some cars. let me know here and I'll give them out. I have specced out cars for every event except anything after "Like the Wind" and "Historic racing".

MiniBossBattle said:
Whelp, I just finished Bonus 3 in less than an hour :lol :lol

I want more.

Same :)

Thanks for the loaner, MBB. Hey Crushdance, I tried sending a PM, but your box is full. If you can loan me a car for the Historic Racing Car series, let me know.

psn = johnnypao

Melfice7 said:
1 month in and you're done? odd :O no online love?

What hot cars you have anyway? :D
I got to level 24 and the grind is beyond boring. Plus LBP and ME2 will be keeping me busy along with school. Thought I'd atleast help others out :p As for online, most of you guys stopped playing after like two weeks or are Euro's, so no dice.

Melfice7

CrushDance said:
I got to level 24 and the grind is beyond boring. Plus LBP and ME2 will be keeping me busy along with school. Thought I'd atleast help others out :p As for online, most of you guys stopped playing after like two weeks or are Euro's, so no dice.

Why do you need to grind anyway? you're high level enough to buy all cars, you get tons of money and xp with the new seasonal events, im building a collection of all my wanted cars so i can use them online :D yes i'm euro -.- and i play nearly everyday :3

plainr_

Anybody know a fix for these over-sensitive g25/dfgt brake pedals? I see the brake indicator flashing from time to time and it's affecting my lap times dramatically.

Basically like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUPYWAJGiM

It just started happening and it's annoying me to no end. PD seriously needs to patch in advance wheel options with deadzone adjustments.

Melfice7 said:
Why do you need to grind anyway? you're high level enough to buy all cars, you get tons of money and xp with the new seasonal events, im building a collection of all my wanted cars so i can use them online :D yes i'm euro -.- and i play nearly everyday :3
Only car I want now is an X10 and only to just try it out. I did the PD everyday for the longest time and amassed a good amount of money, but I've bought most of the good stuff :lol I dunno, just not feeling it anymore. Great game and I love it, but without a stronger online system it just fell off for me. Not to go off on a tangent, but I wish races would have a limit online for start times, every room i join is just full of trolls who never start the races or bump into you for laughs. Anywhoo.

CrushDance said:
Only car I want now is an X10 and only to just try it out. I did the PD everyday for the longest time and amassed a good amount of money, but I've bought most of the good stuff :lol I dunno, just not feeling it anymore. Great game and I love it, but without a stronger online system it just fell off for me. Not to go off on a tangent, but I wish races would have a limit online for start times, every room i join is just full of trolls who never start the races or bump into you for laughs. Anywhoo.

Do Bonus 3. You will go up 2 levels.

They should find a middle ground for theses event restrictions.
e.g. no PS/weight restrictions, but for tires and (some?) assists. That way you still need to drive properly, but you can still tune them if you don't manage it with the stock cars (but with the assists/tires restrictions you can't just pump up the car endlessly w/o consequences). This would also mean you can use your own cars if you already bought and tuned some of them.

Or choose (race) cars that don't have much performance tuning left anyway, but I guess that would be too expensive for many people.

and on a side note: they really should make events for all those useless cars you win in A spec and B spec which you'll never use otherwise.

hamchan

Easy events this time. I reckon they shouldn't close the bonus races off once it reaches the time limit, more events = good. If they leave them open in a year's time we could have so much content available but nope, looks like we won't.

Melfice7

Bad luck i guess i have awesome clean races everyday :3 and what do you mean without a stronger online system? it works great it lets you build very specific races

Rflagg

captscience said:
New seasonals are up!

Prius Grand Valley
Audi TT Cape Ring
Elise Nurburgring GP
Ford GT Trial Mountain
Citroen C4 WRC Rome
Heck yes been on sort of a gt5 break as I finally got 3d dot heroes, will play tomorrow.

Orgun

The new seasonals have no restrictions? I really enjoyed the tough battles against similar cars, these new ones are just going to be too easy and boring.

meh you can't use RM cars (in this case the Elise 111R RM '04)-
It actually lists the Elise RM in the Garage as an accepted car, but when you want to start the race it says wrong car...

Orgun said:
The new seasonals have no restrictions? I really enjoyed the tough battles against similar cars, these new ones are just going to be too easy and boring.
it's 3 million easy credits for 35 minutes of "boring", I'll take it.

Bobo

Orgun said:
You don't have to enter these races in a maxed out car... :p

Hanmik

theignoramus said:
it's 3 million easy credits for 35 minutes of "boring", I'll take it.

The prizes for the races are as follows.....
Toyota Prius G race = 200,00Cr & 30,000XP
Audi TTS Coupe race =300,000Cr & 50,000XP
Lotus Elise 111R race -500,000Cr & 60,000XP
Ford GT race =1,000,000Cr & 90,000XP
Citroen C4 WRC race =1,500,000Cr & 120,000XP

total=3.5 million CR & 350,000XP

damn... hope I will get some playtime shortly..

The funny thing is.. I started playing GT5 mid december, got some licenses, ran some amateur and beginner races.. then the Seasonals arrived. Now I´m level 20 have lots of money and lots of cool expensive cars. And I have only (just yesterday) completed the amateur and beginner series .. I feel like cheating everytime I get some xp and cr from a Seasonal event.. :D

Angst

jockamo said:
Anybody know a fix for these over-sensitive g25/dfgt brake pedals? I see the brake indicator flashing from time to time and it's affecting my lap times dramatically.

Basically like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUPYWAJGiM

It just started happening and it's annoying me to no end. PD seriously needs to patch in advance wheel options with deadzone adjustments.
It's something wrong with the deadzone. Thankfully it's easily fixed by keeping you foot ever so lightly on the break pedal during the initial boot calibration. By doing that the game thinks your zero brake level is slightly below no pressure on the pedals and you won't have the issue.

Hanmik

just read that the Online dealer is updated with these cars:

*Amuse Carbon R.
*Ford F-150 Lightning
*Chevrolet SST Concept
*BMW M3 GTR race Car
*Opel Astra Race car
*FGT
*Chapparel 2J.
*Dome zero
*DMC DeLorean
*Mazda Cosmo
*Alfa Romeo spider
*Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B.

Can't wait to get those events done, free money and xp is fine by me, I have expensive car tastes,

Speaking of which has anyone here got a "GT by Citroen Race Car", every time I look at it I fall in love and want to know it it handles well before I save over 5mill for it!

I could also swap a Vettel X1 for one if someone wants as well :lol

MiniBossBattle said:
Edit: Prius with a racing exhaust sounds frightening. Not in a Viper GTS kind of way but a "oh god my coffee machine won't turn off" kind of way especially when the hybrid mode switches off the electric motor. :lol
Started the event, holy shit at that sound :lol

heliconsoul said:
Can't wait to get those events done, free money and xp is fine by me, I have expensive car tastes,

Speaking of which has anyone here got a "GT by Citroen Race Car", every time I look at it I fall in love and want to know it it handles well before I save over 5mill for it!

I could also swap a Vettel X1 for one if someone wants as well :lol

You don't have to buy it, you'll get it by completing Dream Car championship in B-spec.

Top Bottom