• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TheSeks said:
I'm generally not one to beg, but does anyone have an X1 (Prototype and/or the normal store-buying one) and Chrome Paint they'd be willing to dupe for me?

PM me if you're a kind soul. :(
You can have one tonight, once I can gift another car. Then just use the USB exploit to pass it on once or twice. My PSN name is in my profile.

brentech

-viper- said:
Time required to beat Nurburgring GP X1 Challenge:

My Time?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
improved from prior times, just keep at it and you'll nail it. I just booted up and am about to do my Suzuka learning - hopefully I'll be able to say I have one of the X1s before too long.

avaya

Tried Nurburgring in practice mode. My lap times are a high 1:04 to low 1:05, I know there is lots of time to be made up - especially through Dunlop, Bit Kurve and Veedol.

Will have a go tomorrow to see how it goes. I feel I can get Silver, gold will require a mad set of laps.

-viper-

Banned
Finally got the Bronze. 2.13.768.

No point in even attempting to silver any of the challenges. Bronze was hard enough. :\

Now onto Suzuka... I hear hell awaits?

Broseybrose

I just golded the championship A-spec Expert Japanese Challenge and won a Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

Whats the story with this car? I just won it, havent driven it yet. Is it useful in any races?

brentech

-viper- said:
Finally got the Bronze. 2.13.768.

No point in even attempting to silver any of the challenges. Bronze was hard enough. :\

Now onto Suzuka... I hear hell awaits?
It's by far the toughest as you really have to control the throttle. When I posted that I was about to start earlier I was clocking 2:21 total time, but right now I have it down to 2:17, so I just gotta shave off a little more. I can taste it...

Quick question, probably asked tons and tons of times...

Which is the best car, besides Toyota 7 and 2J, to win Historic Cup A-Spec? the Lambo? Is there a tuning guide for this competition?

Thanks!

Bobo

Completed the Suzuka 1000km... in my brand new X1. :lol ~3Hrs:53Mins, I lapped everyone over 50 times... The sky was overcast at the start but 1Hr:30Mins in the sun came out, the transition was amazing looking... Simply gorgeous. :D

Now at level 32. Nurburgring 4Hrs is next on my list...Was planning on using a BMW M3 but I'm going to try it in a Lexus ISF (Racemod/fully tuned ~599BHP)

-viper-

Banned
The Lambo SV LP-670 is pure shit.

I bought and upgraded it and it handles like fucking crap. What a colossal waste of money.

carpediemdp said:
Quick question, probably asked tons and tons of times...

Which is the best car, besides Toyota 7 and 2J, to win Historic Cup A-Spec? the Lambo? Is there a tuning guide for this competition?

Thanks!
toyota 7 is what i used.

brentech

ahhh, finally, beat the Suzuka X1 bronze time! Yizza!
Time to try to gold Monza, feel like after that course it shouldn't be all that bad...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the flying fuck is happening to my transmission on my G25?

Started playing again and shit doesn't work anymore... it works when I'm using the "buttons" on the wheel but the actual fucking gear won't work. IT WORKS WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING (when I'm racing in Nürburgring and the car is on a rolling start, it works) but when I do a race and I'm on gear #1, it doesn't work. Neither does any other gear...

WTF did this patch do?

Yoshichan said:
What the flying fuck is happening to my transmission on my G25?

Started playing again and shit doesn't work anymore... it works when I'm using the "buttons" on the wheel but the actual fucking gear won't work. IT WORKS WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING (when I'm racing in Nürburgring and the car is on a rolling start, it works) but when I do a race and I'm on gear #1, it doesn't work. Neither does any other gear...

WTF did this patch do?

Nothing.

-viper-

Banned
im giving up on the fucking x1 suzuka challenge.

the best i can manage is 1 minute 10 seconds per lap. i never manage to finish the race but i imagine i'll get the same time in the second lap. it's just way too fucking hard.

brentech

-viper- said:
im giving up on the fucking x1 suzuka challenge.

the best i can manage is 1 minute 10 seconds per lap. i never manage to finish the race but i imagine i'll get the same time in the second lap. it's just way too fucking hard.
I basically found that anywhere I braked, I braked too much. Also, those early S's you just have to lift off the throttle slightly - no braking. Definitely took a good bit of practice, but was a rush to finally beat it.
Even though that was just for bronze.

-viper-

Banned
brentech said:
I basically found that anywhere I braked, I braked too much. Also, those early S's you just have to lift off the throttle slightly - no braking. Definitely took a good bit of practice, but was a rush to finally beat it.
Even though that was just for bronze.
I'm watching videos on YT and they're on 4th gear, almost full throttle for almost 95% of the first sector. I try the same and I'm always off the fucking track.

Schmitty

Tried a B-spec race for the first time today and it was impossible. Is it better to have as cool as a driver as possible? Everytime I wanted my guy to pace up he'd just spin out.

Goldrusher

I'm down to 2:12 at Monza X1.

Shit's way too hard and totally unrealistic. You would snap your neck trying to beat the time in real life and still not be fast enough.

Am I right in thinking that the double XP lasts until the end of January? I don't need to try and rush a bunch of levelling up now right?

brentech

-viper- said:
I'm watching videos on YT and they're on 4th gear, almost full throttle for almost 95% of the first sector. I try the same and I'm always off the fucking track.
Yeah, I had watched one as well. I noticed that and slowly pushed my limits through there, but always found myself lifting off slightly on at least 1 of the S bends.
The first 2 right turns out of the pit, you have to break on the 2nd, or you'll go into the sand. After that you should be full throttle and only really lifting when you feel you're slipping (almost impossible to have much reflex on that, but after doing it a shit load of times I kind of got a feel of what type of response my wheel should be giving me).

Basically, sometimes I had to lift more than others depending on what kind of speed I was carrying. I did find that I didn't need to lift at all, which I had been, on that final left bend out of that section. Then as you go full throttle towards the double hard rights (I have little race course terminology if you hadn't guessed...I'm sure people have more exact names for this shit), you just tap the brakes and kind of jerk right for each one. I was hitting that check point right after those and before the left hairpin anywhere between 28-30seconds.

Outside of that, it's mostly just practice that got me through. Even if I clocked a bad time on my first lap I kept going and pushed the limit on my second lap to see what I could get away with. That's kind of how I learned where I could hold more speed....

Melfice7

My team of Bob's are grinding the indy endurance so i can go to the next endurance on level 32.. sigh who designed this crap, having to repeat the same races 10 times so i can go to different ones is NOT good >_<

cilonen

Psychotext said:
Am I right in thinking that the double XP lasts until the end of January? I don't need to try and rush a bunch of levelling up now right?

Yep, that and the increase in credits should last till the end of Jan. I don't see how they can take them out without another patch as the improved rewards are embedded right through A and B spec.

Edit:- FGT question, I'm caning it on B-spec racking the mies up; I do an engine restore when I see that an oil change no longer takes it back up to 935hp but I'm wondering if I'm going to do it some permanent engine damage if I keep going like this. An engine restore will always take me back up to 935hp, right?

Goldrusher

Someone tweet Kaz with "make X1 bronze time easier" or something like that.

Speaking of which, his latest message is interesting:
Tomorrow, I go to the Sachsenring circuit in Germany. 4 hour endurance race on the ice. This year started driving sideways. Of course, in full throttle.

avaya

Goldrusher said:
I'm down to 2:12 at Monza X1.

Shit's way too hard and totally unrealistic. You would snap your neck trying to beat the time in real life and still not be fast enough.

I think best way to approach it is to do free runs on practice then come back and do the challenge.

Schmitty said:
Tried a B-spec race for the first time today and it was impossible. Is it better to have as cool as a driver as possible? Everytime I wanted my guy to pace up he'd just spin out.

When you start out hot drivers don't know how to brake. Cold drivers don't know how to overtake. They improve as they level up. Generally hot drivers are better overtakers.

Give them understeery cars to begin with so go for 4WD and FF cars.

brentech

Started the 4hr roadster endurance in ASpec for some reason. 2:22min left.
Will be the first and last time I do this particular event...

Bobo

Wax Free Vanilla said:
anybody got the f1 2007 to swap?

i've got:

ferrari f10
x1 prototype
x1 vettel
xj13 race car '66 / chrome line version
formula gt
I don't, but I have enough credits for 1. Is the X1 proto any different to the Vettel model though? Can you adjust the gear ratio? etc...

Just completed the Grand Valley 60 lap Endurance event. Shot up to Lv. 27 now, so far away from the X1 Challenge though :(

In A-Spec I have the remaining Endurance events and Formula GT to do, oh and the Expert AMG special challenges. In B-Spec I have done the first Extreme event (and everything up to it).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
[edited out/snip of stupid]

edit: nevermind, I've read the posts above and there also seem to be a veeery long line to pass one around, how much time is one given to check it out before returning it? At this point I'd be content to check it out for a couple of hours?
edit2: Ok, maybe next time I should catch up better with old posts.
Anyway, if anbody is paying it forward, I'd love the F1 2010 or F1 2007 or X1 gift as well :D

psn: DashKap
pm me in case you wanna add me so that I'll get online

turnbuckle

Melfice7 said:
My team of Bob's are grinding the indy endurance so i can go to the next endurance on level 32.. sigh who designed this crap, having to repeat the same races 10 times so i can go to different ones is NOT good >_<

Hit level 35 in Bspec yesterday. Did the 24 hour endurance and became really annoyed when it didn't get me to level 36. Ughhh

Really pissed that I just can't seem to kick this flu away. Haven't played GT5 for ages now :/

Can't get on the wheel for more then 5minutes without wanting to throw up.

brentech

Finished the A-Spec 4 hours Roadster endurance. Then went into B-Spec and told my guys to take the newly minted X1 out on the Suzuka 1000km. Funny as hell to watch them drive that thing. Put a smile on my face.

fabiolrs

Neo Member
can any fellow gaffer gift me a x1 and ferraris f1/f10?
i'm only level 20 and playing once a week due to work, going to take me ages to complete this thing

edit: psn is on profile

-viper-

Banned
fabiolrs said:
can any fellow gaffer gift me a x1 and ferraris f1/f10?
i'm only level 20 and playing once a week due to work, going to take me ages to complete this thing

edit: psn is on profile
Honestly if there was no stupid 'one car per day limit', I'd send an F10 and X1 to everyone on this board :p

But the limit annoys the hell out of me and makes it such a chore to send cars.

Melfice7

So im on a buying spree and i want a Le Mans car.. what should i get the 787b the 'Fappable' 908, or the R10? decisions decisions..

What say you gaf?

Hey guys, any chance I could swap an X1 Red Bull for a F2007/10?
I know I got the X1 duped for free but if anyone has been given a Ferrari under the sane circumstance and hasn't yet got the X1, I would absolutely love one.

Melfice7

Psychotext said:
hate the ring. :lol

dponf.gif

cilonen

Melfice7 said:
So im on a buying spree and i want a Le Mans car.. what should i get the 787b the 'Fappable' 908, or the R10? decisions decisions..

What say you gaf?

Peugeot by a nose over the 787B.

anx10us

Banned
Long time lurker, 1st post on this thread.

I've had GT5 for nearly 3 weeks now, fortunately due to holidays and snow most of this time has been at home so I have been pushing my B-Spec drivers as much as possible, basically all day and night ;-). Even had my 8-year old son starting races in B-Spec when my Bob's had finished ...

GT5 is my GOTY

Its incredible in many ways, but also incredibly annoying, I'm stunned by the number of times I find design issues that just don't make any sense :

Loading times ...
Not having the right tyres and having to go through 3 menus to buy the correct ones
Buying new parts and having to go through 3 or 4 clicks to get back to buying another part
Accepting and buying cars and sitting through the animation and then being told I have a new paint ...
Used Car dealership and having to keep checking for specific cars
Why can't I see premium and standard on the same screen ?
Not being able to set the time/weather on Nurburgring etc ...
Top Gear challenges ahhhhhhgghhh ...

I could go on, but, without a doubt none of this matters one single bit, highlights for me :

I adore the Nurburgring, driving in rain, it clearing up, turning through dusk to night and then the early morning all in 3D with a wheel is an experience and dedicated race driver (real or virtual) should experience.
Rally driving, the Sebastien Loeb challenge was epic
AMG Challenges, the SLS in the rain was incredible
Buying all the cars I always wanted, (collecting Subarus and GTRs ...)
Premium Tommi Makinen EVO 6 ;-)
Photo Mode and more specifically getting inside the car and getting pictures of the interior (WOW)

Again I could go on ...

For me the game has improved as time has gone on, my driving has improved, I started some of the challenges and could not get even silver, after a few weeks went back and was suddenly able to Gold all the AMG challenges, Top Gear, Sebastien Loeb etc ...

Finally, I won the X2010 last night for all bronze, took about 2 hours, hardest track was Suzuka, easiest Monza.

My pro-tip for any challenge and specifically the X2010 is to switch off traction or have it has low as possible, control the throttle and push harder than you think you can. Don't worry about the high speed corners, where you make all the time is the low speed chicanes, get them nailed and the rest will come. Good Luck ...

I'm pretty sure I can get Gold on Nurburgring and Monza, Gold on Suzuka looks like a nightmare ...

An amazing game and incredible experience ...

Top Bottom