• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Shaneus

Dibbz said:
Just got an PSEye today and tested out the head tracking in GT5. Wow holy shit is it amazing. Now only if it could be used in modes other than Arcade :(
You can say that about pretty much any feature in GT5. "If only it could be used in (insert mode here)"

amar212

offshore said:
The thing I don't get about those GT T-shirts is that the GT logo is barely visable on any of them. This is the kind of t-shirt they need to selling, as modelled by Translator-san
4280x.jpg

If they sold something like that I'd be all over it.

I have a t-shirt and a hoodie with such logos.

It have small GT sigh on left frontside and that big lettering on the back.

Such luck to be able to get them, I still resist to actually wear them because I do not want to get them damaged by chance.

offshore

I'm jealous amar. I wear a hoodie all the time in winter...I'd love a GT one ^_^

This new clothing line seems like a mammoth missed opportunity.

Question about the new trading system:

Say if a friend gives me a 950k SuperGT car but he already put mods on it (S3 Turbo, Soft Slicks, etc) would he still be able to give it to me since the "theoretical" value of the car now exceeds 1m or does the 1m limit only apply to the price of the car itself when bought (mods dont count basically)

The Tommy Kaira ZZII is a fucking fabulous car.

Also, how do I earn money to get the Xanavi Nismo, Formula One and etc?

Those are expensive cars and I have 2 million at level 25, wtf???

ssolitare said:

When the seasonal events paid a decent amount you probably wouldn't have had that much of an issue. It's going to be hard to afford the best cars now due to the severely underpaying races.

I think the only suggestion really is to grind B spec enduro's.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
ssolitare said:

You could partake in the online SSR7 glitch and never be able to look at yourself in the mirror again...

Angst

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
I have it.
I should have removed my request as MM already sent it to me. But thanks anyway! :)

You duped it I hope?

Anybody else wants a RUF Yellowbird and I'll forward Ineffect's gift.

Shaneus said:
You can say that about pretty much any feature in GT5. "If only it could be used in (insert mode here)"

This ↑↑

GT5 is inching itself closer and closer to the top spot on my most poorly designed game list. So much stuff in this game makes me want to throw my dual shock through my TV. Its unbelievably frustrating because it could be an absolutely phenomenal piece of software. I seriously think you could throw a handful of people from this thread in a room, give them all of GT5's resources and features and they'd create a phenomenal game.

On a seperate note it appears the whole remote racing fad has slowed to a crawl, a really slow crawl. I still run at least all 9 races every day but its usually double that. I will continue to do these races but I will not use a driver of someone unless they are actively running remote races. Like I said earlier in this thread I'm not expecting anyone to match my race count but a race here or there is a reasonable request in my opinion.

If you are not on my PSN friend list already and actively run remote races please send a friend request to URide_A_Shortbus Please include your Gaf name because I had a lot of lurkers that took advantage of my remote races when I could have been using fellow Gaffers.

Angst said:
I should have removed my request as MM already sent it to me. But thanks anyway! :)

You duped it I hope?

Anybody else wants a RUF Yellowbird and I'll forward Ineffect's gift.
I'll take the gift if you're willing :)

Also, anyone have tips for the Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenges? I'm having a hard time maintaining speed and finish about 3-4 seconds behind the bronze time. I find it difficult to control the car in the dirt with the wheel.

Shaneus

Konosuke said:
SSR7 glitch?
Youtube should be enough to find it (I looked it up on my phone). Basically everyone goes online in a 200 lap race of SSR7, glitches it to a point where they can drive UNDER the start/finish line and just do donuts (or circles) around it, with each one counting as a lap.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. I can just imagine the first guy to discover that glitchy part in the track!

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Konosuke said:
SSR7 glitch?

Online lobbies that have you race 200 laps on SSR7 in about 15 min. Payoff/XP is substantial(from what I've read).
Almost 75% of the lobbies this weekend were filled with this nonsense...

offshore

Shaneus said:
Youtube should be enough to find it (I looked it up on my phone). Basically everyone goes online in a 200 lap race of SSR7, glitches it to a point where they can drive UNDER the start/finish line and just do donuts (or circles) around it, with each one counting as a lap.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. I can just imagine the first guy to discover that glitchy part in the track!
This is just...amazing
01laugh.gif

But yeah, how the hell do you discover a glitch like that? Pretty crazy.

Here's the YT vid of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AczFwSjgg

How the hell do people even find this stuff? :lol

Unless/Until it gets patched, its a good way to earn money to buy the rest of the cars that I need :p

Az

Yea saw that glitch about a week ago. Didn't want to mention anything here but it seems like those rooms are about 90% of the online lobbies.

Angst

marathonfool said:

Also, anyone have tips for the Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenges? I'm having a hard time maintaining speed and finish about 3-4 seconds behind the bronze time. I find it difficult to control the car in the dirt with the wheel.
Missed your post when replying to your PSN request. Sending it your way tomorrow :)

Shaneus

fu3lfr3nzy said:

Unless/Until it gets patched, its a good way to earn money to buy the rest of the cars that I need :p
In an online race, does everyone need to finish to earn XP/points or is it like some other racers (can't remember if GT5 did it in single player) where the race finishes a set amount of time after 1st place crosses the line? If that's the case, just one person in a lobby can do it.

fu3lfr3nzy said:

Exactly. I will help me get the group C cars i still don´t have.

The glitch is a blessing.

I can´t believe people would be against it.

The only one to blame is PD for the draconian game design that keeps punishing you and makes you repeat races 100x plus to buy each expensive car you want.

I bought the game, and i wanted to enjoy for online leaderboards and races with the cars i want.

First is still missing, and the second, well, i´m still grinding this shit and i´m 100 million credits short of buying the remaining cars.

I´ll be grinding the shit out of this glitch, because grinding for money is not really my idea for fun. If i had a code for infinite money, i would sure use it, because what i want to do is race the cars i like, not repeat stuff to get money. This is the closest we get.

Hopefully PD deals with this the way they handled the game development (slow and unaware of the community).

And btw, fuck the upcoming messages of "omg, you are a noob cheater", because it´s march and we continue to play this game, so let us hardcore users blow off some steam when it´s needed.

Back to the glitch i go...

Shaneus

Did you actually have to do the glitch or could you just let others do it and finish the race quickly? What's the payout like?

Aside from your ridiculous exaggeration, a patch should be released to fix a glitch like this.

i dont understand, if this games' design is so difficult to endure, then why play....there's supposedly other better racers out there.

Shaneus

You can't keep using that as a solution when people (rightfully) complain about a game they paid good money for... baiters gonna bait?

h3ro

Tomorrows Seasonals better be packing some serious Credits. I'm tired of this trend of low Cr/XP repeatable races. The limitations and car restrictions are fine, but SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Dead Man

gamebroker said:
Aside from your ridiculous exaggeration, a patch should be released to fix a glitch like this.

i dont understand, if this games' design is so difficult to endure, then why play....there's supposedly other better racers out there.
Gaming fans talking about improvements they would like in their games on a gaming board. Who would have thought?

And yeah, if people have bought the game, and it was not to expectations, even if they do play something else they are still able to have discourse about the flaws of said game.

Edit: I got baited, didn't I?

Mush

So I've been B-Specing pretty heavily over the last few days (for no apparent reason) and I've nearly got all the Extreme tier events out of the way. Finished the Dream Car Championship today and to my surprise I unlocked the full ending movie and suddenly with great anticipation stopped putting together my Tamiya NSX model and ran out of my dining room chair and straight to the lounge. As I was running (it's like a few meters at best) the 1st song started playing and even though I don't listen to them I was like "Hey, is that what I think it is? Could it be... holy shit, it actually is!" Hearing the
Smashing Pumpkins
was like the most out-of-left-field totally unexpected thing, ever.

Also, I reached level 25 B-Spec and I literally said out loud "Fuck that is cool" when I returned to the main menu and saw the Driver and the Race Manager shaking hands across the space between the A-spec and B-spec menus. :3

marathonfool said:

Try not to get the car too sideways and brake in a straight line. If you do want it sideways, make sure you counter steer almost immediately to make sure you gain traction as soon as possible.

I can't help much more than that. I think it's kind of down to experience with those stages. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

marathonfool said:

I think there are tips and guides for this, but turn off all aids and you should smash them first go. The abs and stability management only slows you down in dirt.
Also, remember slow in - fast out, don't get too untidy into corners and don't panic, just nice and smooth should do.
Maybe check ps3trophies.org I think they have a little guide... There are some tips in one of these OTs but no idea how you would find that...

offshore

It's pretty strange how they're quick to address glitches like this, but they won't address the big problem of the credit/XP situation. They've got to know about it being a big issue.

AndyD

aka andydumi
offshore said:
It's pretty strange how they're quick to address glitches like this, but they won't address the big problem of the credit/XP situation. They've got to know about it being a big issue.

They may not see it as an issue.

I am sure pre-release testing and planning let them know the amount of time and racing needed to reach the various ranks and purchase goals, and if they thought 10000 hours was a proper goal then, I don't see how they would think its wrong now. The fact they backtracked on the original seasonals and the high rewards makes it seem like they want to return to the original timelines for the game, making it a grind.

I think it sucks. I think every xp and money reward in the game should be magnified by 30-50 or so and the money cap should go to 100mil or so.

offshore

I was going to say that I don't think this game was play-tested beyond looking for bugs, but when you see that GT5 still has possesses some of the same broken design decisions of previous games, you're probably right.

PD need new play-testers. I hereby volunteer ^_^

Two things:

1) After picking up Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit recently, I have to say the graphics in this game are much better than was the general reception of them. I think people expected the game to set a new standard, joining (or surpassing) the likes of Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III as the PS3 graphics showcase games. When it just looked "good," people were miffed. But point being, I was really expecting NFS graphics to be just as good or better than GT5, and turns out it's not even close. So, cheers to PD for that.

2) This money thing ... yeah, I hate it too.

AndyD

aka andydumi
NEOPARADIGM said:
Two things:

1) After picking up Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit recently, I have to say the graphics in this game are much better than was the general reception of them. I think people expected the game to set a new standard, joining (or surpassing) the likes of Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III as the PS3 graphics showcase games. When it just looked "good," people were miffed. Point being, I was really expecting NFS graphics to be just as good or better than GT5, and turns out it's not even close. So, cheers to PD for that.

2) This money thing ... would be really simple to just go to this sort of formula: mileage(laps) = Cr.

Where:
10 laps on Nurburgring 24H = 150,000 Cr.
5 laps on one of the 2.3 mile courses = 10,600 Cr.

That comes out pretty reasonable, I'd say. Easy formula. Let's do it!

I still think its low. Because it would take you an hour or so to get 150k, which means a 20 mil car would be 120 hours. For one car alone.

They need to be properly adjusted so if you get say all silvers in every event on one series, that levels you enough to move to the next tier. Making it so you have to do each race once or twice at most if you are good to make it to top tier.

Right now I think if you finish all races, all special events, all licenses you are still short of top level by quite a bit. And that is doing everything, including some of the lower end boring things. THe game is missing a logical and smooth rampup of level and reward. If you start off doing all licenses, which lots of people love to do, you can get yourself to level 10 or more, so then you have no desire to jump into lvl 0 races for paltry rewards. If you do special events or seasonals same thing happens.

amar212 said:
Apparently small 1.08 patch (17MB) is up in some parts of the Gea.

It only does preventage of SS7 exploit.

SU1HMDE1NTktMjAxMTAzMDktMTk1MS5qcGc.jpg

lol

Good thing i made over 20 million all day yesterday and bought a shitload of cars.

Sometimes i think they just want us to stop playing :(

Konosuke

No! No! No! Those pricks! Why cripple the game like that!? ARGH!

EDIT: Thanks to the PSN maintenance I've not been prompted to update. Get on it people. Thanks for that video. When was snow added to SSR7?

Top Bottom