• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Konosuke

PetriP-TNT said:
WURST DEVLUPER EVER
I'm sorry but by having this retarded way of rewarding players and locking at least 3 trophies to it is pretty stupid. And to have them fix this glitch pretty quickly while not bothering to give players more HUD options is pretty irritating.

For a game that emphasizes the love for cars and car collecting they make it pretty damn hard to do it. It shouldn't be like this.

amar212

And now just for a second imagine this HILARIOUS scenario:

- tomorrow we're getting a 3.60 PS3 update that will allow Cloud saving for PSN+ subscribers
- GT5 save-file was interlocked (no backup-save) before 1.04 update and there was no back-up > thus, there was no duping
- after backup was allowed, universe crushed down on PSN server worldwide, generating insane amount of traffic only from "gifting" all over the nwrkz
- we had at least 4 big maintenances during that period (on thursday and fridays) in order to prevent losses of "gifts" due to insane traffic
- gifting cap was introduced, dupers went insane, crapload of crap was shoved towards PD
- now we got Cloud Saves
- Cloud Saving will allow backup of copy-protected titles
- 50$ per year
- imaginary new GT5 update is introduced: gifting back as it was, everything as it was, but save-game is again copy-protected, but..

- ...if you have PSN+ you can "backup" your save and "gift" your girlfriend's panties if you'd want

I see a nice revenue-potential here :D

offshore

amar212 said:
- imaginary new GT5 update is introduced: gifting back as it was, everything as it was, but save-game is again copy-protected, but..
My imaginary GT5 update contains a lot more than this ^_^

I sorry, but I've got to have another moan about this. I just don't understand why on tracks with time and weather changes, you can't set those settings offline like you can when you're online. It just makes zero sense.

I don't want to go online, create a room and have to jump through hoops just to be able to race on the Ring at night and in rain. Why can't they just patch in these options for offline?

Ugh.

AndyD

aka andydumi
offshore said:
My imaginary GT5 update contains a lot more than this ^_^

I sorry, but I've got to have another moan about this. I just don't understand why on tracks with time and weather changes, you can't set those settings offline like you can when you're online. It just makes zero sense.

I don't want to go online, create a room and have to jump through hoops just to be able to race on the Ring at night and in rain. Why can't they just patch in these options for offline?

Ugh.

Can you not do that in practice? I never looked at the practice tab, but I imagine that's what it should do.

offshore said:
No.

It bugs the hell out of me. It's such an obvious option to include, especially when it's an option online but not off.

They are too busy trying to block users from getting easy money and buying the cars they´ve put into the game.

True Story.

At least i´m only 58 cars short of my goal, but oh boy, those are some expensive cars...

Konosuke said:
I'm sorry but by having this retarded way of rewarding players and locking at least 3 trophies to it is pretty stupid.

That was a real youtube comment.

What are the 3 trophies? You can easily get that millionaire trophy, you can buy 1000 copies of the same car if you really want Car Collector trophy (which only requires like 20 mil. anyway)... hardest ones are the All Events Gold-one (because it actually rather difficult to get gold from some of those) and A-Spec lvl 40.

And obviously a bug fix like that is simpler to perform than almost any other kind of fix and while it sounds fun to get billions of money on every second, I can imagine that seeing most of the servers being SSR7 glitching being kinda annoying for the regular joe.

I just wish online races gave 10x XP or other rewards.

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
Aw shit. Was going to go home and do this exploit tonight. Fucking PD.
As PSN is currently very unstable you must likely will not be prompted to download the patch even if you manage to sign in. Staying online in one race for 200 laps (even glitchy laps) is most unlikely though...

JWong

Banned
Oh my god mother fucking Gran Turismo.

I just finished a 24 le mans B-Spec and was IMMEDIATELY prompted to update the game before I FUCKING GOT MY EXPERIENCE!

........... a whole goddamn day of BSpec wasted.

Dead Man

JWong said:

I just finished a 24 le mans B-Spec and was IMMEDIATELY prompted to update the game before I FUCKING GOT MY EXPERIENCE!

Ouch.

offshore

JWong said:

VAeSH.jpg

No man, that's rough. Although let's be honest, the XP and credit payout would have probably been garbage anyway.

Are GT5 servers messed up? Slow as hell.

edit: OMG, I cannot play this game anymore.

edit: Taken almost 30 minutes to receive my driver credits. Can't push a button or do an action. I'm afraid if I turn off my PS3 or quit game it'll corrupt the save.

I played a bit tonight. Naturally all I thought about was the money thing the whole time. The thought that has stuck with me was when I said to myself something about how I just want to unlock everything in a reasonable amount of time. Is that asking too much? And by "reasonable" all I mean is, I dunno, 200 hours? Six months? The game's good enough, I would do it. But at this pace I quite simply will NEVER have enough money for all the premium cars I want.

Given there are people in this thread who have in fact done just about everything, gotten all the cars they want, etc., I know I just come off like a whiny bitch. But still. Shit, it'd be beating a dead horse if I even said anything more about it. That says all that needs to be said right there.

:/

No, it was pretty smooth for me, marathon. :shrug

DonMigs85

The birthday trick is also pretty useless now unless they ever lift the >1 million Cr trade limit. Good thing I already got the three 60's 20 million cars, but I wish I had gotten the Miura too.

avaya

JWong said:

amazing game design.

simply amazing.

JWong said:

Errrr how is that even possible?

JWong said:

Seriously, why not get the EXP first, then update? *PD smh*

Not that it makes you feel better, but I've failed 5(yes, 5) 24hr B-Spec races because of stupid electricity problems on the city I live in when it was all raining and windy and shit.

All 5 of them within 40 mins to 2 hours left to complete then *PS3 turns off* ;_;

Glad thats past me now
and my BC PS3 survived woot!

Long time lurker here.

So I just started my first Le Mans 24h b-spec race... :O

First lap and the idiot wants to pit even though I equipped the Rain tyres before starting! and after a couple of laps he wants to put hard tyres! I tell him to put intermediate tyres and as soon as he gets out of the pits, he wants in again to put hard tyres again.

Also, I read somewhere that one of the recent patches made b-spec drivers a little better with overtaking and not bumping into each other... Either my drivers are brain dead, or I didn't get that patch.

This is going to be a very long race... :(

brentech

RoaringHawk said:
Long time lurker here.

So I just started my first Le Mans 24h b-spec race... :O

First lap and the idiot wants to pit even though I equipped the Rain tyres before starting! and after a couple of laps he wants to put hard tyres! I tell him to put intermediate tyres and as soon as he gets out of the pits, he wants in again to put hard tyres again.

Also, I read somewhere that one of the recent patches made b-spec drivers a little better with overtaking and not bumping into each other... Either my drivers are brain dead, or I didn't get that patch.

This is going to be a very long race... :(
If there is rain involved, just let them make their own decisions, cause they will override you. Let them make the choice and they won't continually pit in.

If it hasn't rained at all, just set to racing soft and they'll never change it. You also don't want to set a % of strength remaining to pit in. After they do a few runs, they'll never return to the track with any strength really, and therefore will pit every single lap.
They'll auto-pit when gas is expected to run out or tires worn off.

When it comes to these 24h events, your best just starting the event and walking away (which I'm glad you don't have to do anything, but just makes even more reason to need a fast forward or 'simulate' option, so it takes no time). I hit 40b-spec a few weeks back and can't see I ever intend to do anything but remote races at this point.

brentech said:
If there is rain involved, just let them make their own decisions, cause they will override you. Let them make the choice and they won't continually pit in.

If it hasn't rained at all, just set to racing soft and they'll never change it. You also don't want to set a % of strength remaining to pit in. After they do a few runs, they'll never return to the track with any strength really, and therefore will pit every single lap.
They'll auto-pit when gas is expected to run out or tires worn off.

When it comes to these 24h events, your best just starting the event and walking away (which I'm glad you don't have to do anything, but just makes even more reason to need a fast forward or 'simulate' option, so it takes no time).

The problem is when they equip hard tyres, the pack will catch up to them and lap them. I'm afraid if I let them be, I'd have to repeat it to get the gold.

I never use pit strategy. Usually, they do pretty good on their own.

I hit 40b-spec a few weeks back and can't see I ever intend to do anything but remote races at this point.

I'm aiming for the 40 mark so I can end this b-spec madness, and put all my drivers online.

brentech

I guess on the 24 hour events I only uses my x1, so I didn't have to worry about that. I wasn't willing to leave it to chance, lol.

brentech said:
I guess on the 24 hour events I only uses my x1, so I didn't have to worry about that. I wasn't willing to leave it to chance, lol.

I'm not letting those idiots touch my X1!! :p

Yeah, I guess using the X1 would've been a better choice. Thankfully, It stopped raining now so they can build a decent lead.

NEOPARADIGM said:
I played a bit tonight. Naturally all I thought about was the money thing the whole time. The thought that has stuck with me was when I said to myself something about how I just want to unlock everything in a reasonable amount of time. Is that asking too much? And by "reasonable" all I mean is, I dunno, 200 hours? Six months? The game's good enough, I would do it. But at this pace I quite simply will NEVER have enough money for all the premium cars I want.
Given there are people in this thread who have in fact done just about everything, gotten all the cars they want, etc., I know I just come off like a whiny bitch. But still. Shit, it'd be beating a dead horse if I even said anything more about it. That says all that needs to be said right there.

:/

No, it was pretty smooth for me, marathon. :shrug

No, you are absolutely right.

When it´s all about driving, the game is amazing, it´s Gran Turismo.

But until you get to the point of just driving the car you want, when you want and how you want, it´s an endless grind that feels masochist and punishing.

There is a reward in the end, but the journey is maybe too much for grown up people. Maybe the game is ok for 12 year-old kids that have nothing to do with their lifes, but for people like you, me, and a bunch of others is just too much of a grind.

I got the game back on november 27th, started playing, "wasted" little time with online modes and i´m still not finished collecting cars, and going through the tasks.

And i don´t have wife or kids. If i had, i would say this game is impossible to fully explore.

It´s a shame because 99% of the players will never experience what GT5 has to offer. You know how awesome that Sauber C9 Mercedes is? I bet it´s awesome but after all this time i still don´t have it, because i only saw it twice on the dealerships and both times i was short on cash. I think i saw it once in the online dealership, but i couldn´t do Indy 5-lapper american race 58 times in time to buy the car.

With my Ford GT it´s about 4 minutes per race, so, without menus and stuff, it´s about 232 minutes to get that amount of money.

That´s almost four hours repeating the same race to get enough money to buy ONE car, so you can drive it.

It´s way too many obstacles. The Sauber C9 is just one example. There´s at least 100 of those awesome machines that cost a fortune, over a million.

If you don´t think something is seriously wrong with this, then i guess you are that 12 year-old kid that has no life and will happilly race the indy 5 lapper 150 times to buy that exquisite looking Chaparral.

-----

Then when someone finds a way to save huge time from the punishing grind, they are quick to cut it. I didn´t exepected them to embrace it, but at least i thought they would leave it alone for a while.

They should think about it for a moment why people are so desperate to run in circles for 10 minutes to get extra cash. They should try to understand the problem.

There are so many things on the patch list that it´s not even funny. How about putting in the features advertised on the game case? No, that´s not a priority, the priority is to prevent people from getting easy money so they can enjoy the game.

"You mean there a certain user named seattle6418 that managed to buy a Mazda 787b AND a Peugeut 908 FAP in less than an hour? Unacceptable. He must endure 10 hours of grinding, let´s patch this game ASAP and teach this fucker a lesson".

That´s basically what they did, and that´s why is so stupid. Of all the things they need to patch, they chose the one thing that was helping people save time.

-----

Last night was great, and stayed logged in until 3am and made over 20 million again. Bought the 787, the 908, the Ford GT Test Car, nine Nascars and i still have money left. I think i saved about a week´s worth of grind.

offshore

seattle6418 said:
There are so many things on the patch list that it´s not even funny. How about putting in the features advertised on the game case? No, that´s not a priority, the priority is to prevent people from getting easy money so they can enjoy the game.
Come on dude, looking at the lobby system on SSR7 last night to see a hundred rooms basically dedicated to this glitch isn't really fun for those who genuinely want to race on that track, so they have to patch it :)

But you're right, why they're not addressing the root cause is puzzling. AndyD may have been right saying PD internally didn't see an issue with the current system, but it's been obvious for some time the system is broken.

I, er, suppose you could spam the US producer of GT on Twitter to get their attention. I think I'm going to do that to get time/weather settings as an option for offline.

brentech

RoaringHawk said:
I'm not letting those idiots touch my X1!! :p

Yeah, I guess using the X1 would've been a better choice. Thankfully, It stopped raining now so they can build a decent lead.
I had the one from beating the bronze challenges, and a second from B-Spec. So I just used one and left the other untouched.

It's accumulated some distance, but I don't think it surpasses my stealth SLS at over 30,000km. Can't beat 500CR engine and body overhauls. That car was used in pretty much every b-spec mode that it is allowed in, particularly the 9hr event.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
seattle6418 said:
bunch of spot-on analysis of the gt5 problems
co-signed.

The game, as it is, is not for playing, not by adults anyway, and not in the common sense of the word 'playing', where people expect reasonable advancements as a reward for reasonable effort. I'm still enjoying the heck out of driving my few group-c cars (thank you, ticket 1000 lottery!), my couple of DTMs, handful of JGTCs and a couple of obscure racers, but two weeks-worth of hunting for the F1 GT at the UCD have been enough for me to give up finishing the extreme series. So i'm just cruising for fun at this stage.

DonMigs85

brentech said:
I had the one from beating the bronze challenges, and a second from B-Spec. So I just used one and left the other untouched.

It's accumulated some distance, but I don't think it surpasses my stealth SLS at over 30,000km. Can't beat 500CR engine and body overhauls. That car was used in pretty much every b-spec mode that it is allowed in, particularly the 9hr event.
This reminds that my main X1 needs repairs but I don't wanna spend the cash just yet. Even after an oil change its HP won't exceed 1460 any longer.

ajf009

What car is best to use for the Historic Racing Cup on b-spec? the driver's are brain dead so mine can't beat any car that's faster than him.. it's terrible

Mazdarati

Neo Member
B-Spec Remote races have been updated:

Road Course-Indy (12 laps)
Grand Valley Speedway (10 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 (10 laps)
Rome Circuit (12 laps)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (5 laps)
Tokyo R246 (8 laps)
Laguna Seca Raceway (10 laps)
Road Course-Daytona (10 laps)
Nurburgring Nordschleife (2 laps)

All are around 20 min.

ajf009 said:
What car is best to use for the Historic Racing Cup on b-spec? the driver's are brain dead so mine can't beat any car that's faster than him.. it's terrible

I'd say the Toyota Seven, but don't buy it. You can win it in another B-Spec race. I think it's a higher level race though. I can appreciate that my suggestion isn't particularly helpful.

If you do have it, then I suggest you tune the LSD and give it the best tyres possible for the race. The reason for tuning the LSD is due to the vehicles obsession with wheelspin. If untuned, the car will be unable to lay down power as a result of either spin, or not enough throttle (which would lead to spinning anyway).

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mazdarati said:
B-Spec Remote races have been updated:

Road Course-Indy (12 laps)
Grand Valley Speedway (10 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 (10 laps)
Rome Circuit (12 laps)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (5 laps)
Tokyo R246 (8 laps)
Laguna Seca Raceway (10 laps)
Road Course-Daytona (10 laps)
Nurburgring Nordschleife (2 laps)

All are around 20 min.

The Nurb one is nice. I ran it earlier, some nice cars in there, including the Dome concept which is funny looking with the lights on.

Konosuke

PetriP-TNT said:
That was a real youtube comment.
WURST DEVLUPER EVER
PetriP-TNT said:
What are the 3 trophies? You can easily get that millionaire trophy, you can buy 1000 copies of the same car if you really want Car Collector trophy (which only requires like 20 mil. anyway)... hardest ones are the All Events Gold-one (because it actually rather difficult to get gold from some of those) and A-Spec lvl 40.

And obviously a bug fix like that is simpler to perform than almost any other kind of fix and while it sounds fun to get billions of money on every second, I can imagine that seeing most of the servers being SSR7 glitching being kinda annoying for the regular joe.

I just wish online races gave 10x XP or other rewards.
I actually thought it was 1000 unique cars. Still, my point about car collecting stands, they make it damn hard to do it.

A-Spec lvl 40 isn't hard, it's a grind.
I'm sure I'd be easier for them to increase XP/Cr values instead of a bug fix. If they added that with this patch nobody would be bitching, people praised them when the first batch of Seasonals came.

No more 5min B-Spec races sucks too, I see no reason for they to remove them.

Konosuke said:
I'm sure I'd be easier for them to increase XP/Cr values instead of a bug fix. If they added that with this patch nobody would be bitching, people praised them when the first batch of

But just all round 10x XP could/would break the game for everyone who are just starting the game. Maybe 10x XP for all the Extreme-series could be reasonable

marathonfool said:
I think PD should wall off some of the seasonal events by A-Spec level. So the higher level drivers can enjoy big XP/CR without breaking the game for the lower level drivers.

I'd like Seasonals to be high in difficulty and insanely high in rewards :)

Konosuke said:
WURST DEVLUPER EVER

I actually thought it was 1000 unique cars. Still, my point about car collecting stands, they make it damn hard to do it.

I'm sure I'd be easier for them to increase XP/Cr values instead of a bug fix. If they added that with this patch nobody would be bitching, people praised them when the first batch of Seasonals came.

No more 5min B-Spec races sucks too, I see no reason for they to remove them.
I think PD should wall off some of the seasonal events by A-Spec level. So the higher level drivers can enjoy big XP/CR without breaking the game for the lower level drivers.

avaya

seattle6418 said:
It´s a shame because 99% of the players will never experience what GT5 has to offer. You know how awesome that Sauber C9 Mercedes is? I bet it´s awesome but after all this time i still don´t have it, because i only saw it twice on the dealerships and both times i was short on cash. I think i saw it once in the online dealership, but i couldn´t do Indy 5-lapper american race 58 times in time to buy the car.

I was like the N64 kid when I saw it in the dealership, thankfully I had the cash.

The whole car lottery thing for the used car lot is pure madness from Yamauchi.

The game falls apart when you get to the endurance races. You should not be required to repeat any of them just to be able to complete the next one. It's just MADNESS.

I have no intention of finishing Le Mans 5 times just to get to Lvl 40 and a go at the Ring 24hrs (which will award you 7million xp but it's totally useless since you can't go past 40...the fuck sort of a design decision is that?).

Rewards and xp are just a disgrace, so unbelievably unbalanced. Golding the X1 challenge at Lvl30 gave me more xp than pretty much EVERYTHING else bar Le Mans (Lvl35) and the Ring 24 (Lvl40)

Shaneus

avaya said:
Rewards and xp are just a disgrace, so unbelievably unbalanced. Golding the X1 challenge at Lvl30 gave me more xp than pretty much EVERYTHING else bar Le Mans (Lvl35) and the Ring 24 (Lvl40)
Is that what you get for finishing the 'ring B-spec? 7,000,000 XP when you need it the least? Bravo, PD.

Dickheads.

Top Bottom