• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

commedieu

Banned
all the bspec stuff makes me realize how far

tamaguchi.jpg

has come.

X-Frame

Can anybody recommend any good tunes for a ZR1 Race Modified?

I'm having a little trouble with understeer at the moment .. looking to see what other people are using.

paskowitz

X-Frame said:
Can anybody recommend any good tunes for a ZR1 Race Modified?

I'm having a little trouble with understeer at the moment .. looking to see what other people are using.

Increase the spring rate in the back, give it some toe in, and negative camber in the front and then when you enter a corner just be a little extra careful not to overcook it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SolidSnakex said:
Is the game server still down? Because GT.com is now under maintenance. Could the makeover be happening?

Be nice if it was.

dwebo

Hmm, this entire time I thought b-spec earned the same xp for first or last place. Either I just wasn't paying close enough attention, or they change it for endurance races. That tesla ended up in last place after 4 hours and got 2k xp instead of the 290k from winning :lol

SolidSnakex said:
Is the game server still down? Because GT.com is now under maintenance. Could the makeover be happening?
I don't think it's down currently, as I can pull up news items. I guess no patch?

It's only on the Japanese site right now. Go to it and look in the upper right hand corner, you should see a orange symbol with a home sign in it. Click that and sign into your PSN account.

Mush

What great timing, I'm in the middle of my "Mush races GT World Championship so he can win awesome sauce Zonda but his ZR1 RM is failing miserably."

Shaneus

brentech said:
I'm wondering if/how the b-spec online will really work.
Every driver loses it on the last corner of the race except for the last guy who everyone else waits for on the side of the road :lol

Really can't wait for that to happen though... would make drunken parties way awesome when you can just sit and watch a race. Perhaps gambling will be incorporated somehow? Pink slips? :lol

Truespeed

For some reason the Advanced Download Option in Options->Others->Network has disappeared. Anyone know how to turn it back on?

SolidSnakex said:
Holy shit, it is up!
Great. Pictures, Wall, profile are all up. The log is still missing. Now bring us an iOS app.

You can link to your uploaded pictures now! The link point to the us.gran-turismo.com ressource :D

It should be available on the US and European websites soon. I just checked and it's available on the Asian websites (Japan, Korea, China ect).

TTG

Anyone know if B-spec levelling up opens up special events the same way A-spec does? In other words, can I grind my way up to level 30 in B-spec to open up the red bull challenge?

Steroyd

Well endurance races suck ass for credits, 60 lap endurance only nabs you... 23k :lol

But the experience gained is insane, some 65k my level 0 driver jumped straight to level 14 in that one race. o_O

Boogat

TTG said:
Anyone know if B-spec levelling up opens up special events the same way A-spec does? In other words, can I grind my way up to level 30 in B-spec to open up the red bull challenge?
I've seen people on GTPlanet say that they unlocked the red bull stuff with a level 30 B-Spec. So yeah, you can do it.

TTG

Boogat said:
I've seen people on GTPlanet say that they unlocked the red bull stuff with a level 30 B-Spec. So yeah, you can do it.

+

Well endurance races suck ass for credits, 60 lap endurance only nabs you... 23k

But the experience gained is insane, some 65k my level 0 driver jumped straight to level 14 in that one race. o_O

=

RED BULL!! :lol

Grayman

So once I A spec grind to level x I can freely enter any b spec driver into the race? Awesome.

General car question:
Do the premium 2010 lemans cars from peugot and audi(any more i missed) compete well against group C cars?

Similarly any sweet years/cars for Super GT that pull ahead of the pack?

TTG said:

It worked that way for all the other special events.

theignoramus said:
Do two of the Nascar events on Extreme with a level 0 driver and you'll get him to level 10.

Fuck the NASCAR events. Get to level 22 and grind the European Championship series. 10k xp and 30k credits, and it's a easy victory unlike the NASCAR.

Dead Man

Grayman said:
So once I A spec grind to level x I can freely enter any b spec driver into the race? Awesome.

General car question:
Do the premium 2010 lemans cars from peugot and audi(any more i missed) compete well against group C cars?

Similarly any sweet years/cars for Super GT that pull ahead of the pack?
Yes, very well. Their initial acceleration is a bit slow, but around corners and in top speed they kill them. I Bspecced the GT All stars with the Pug, won every race first time.

Melville

TTG said:

Yep, that's what I did.

Look what popped up in my used lot. Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01. I guess it was a concept car Suzuki used to show off it's new motorcycle lineup. It has a 173 hp (tuned to ~250) Hayabusa engine and weighs less then 600kg.

FTfJD.jpg

fMD3O.jpg

ctyny.jpg

amar212

weekend_warrior said:
Look what popped up in my used lot. Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01. I guess it was a concept car Suzuki used to show off it's new motorcycle lineup. It has a 173 hp (tuned to ~250) Hayabusa engine and weighs less then 600kg.

FTfJD.jpg

Ah, the glorious times of GT Concept game :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTG said:
The endurance race is hilarious. I've been in 25 minute races with no tire wear and now all of a sudden I'm 8 laps in and I spin out 5 times trying to limp into the pits. :lol

I think they bring in multiple drivers, tyre wear and fuel use too late in the game. You don't get time to adjust properly. Even in extreme the fuel and tyres usually isn't an issue until the second half events

Top Bottom