• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

mrklaw

MrArseFace
remote play for PSP would be great for b-spec mode. I'd almost go and buy a PSP just to avoid having to turn my TV on for grinding :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
dwebo said:
By the time b-spec anywhere comes out, I'll probably have finished with it. I need an a-spec anywhere :-/

heh, same. Although it might be useful (if it hurries up) for endurance races. And it'll stop my wife getting pissed off at me 'watching GT5' all evening or switching over the TV every 10 minutes to check progress.

TTG

dwebo said:
By the time b-spec anywhere comes out, I'll probably have finished with it. I need an a-spec anywhere :-/

You're actually gonna do the endurance races? That's insane. I did the first 2 hour event, good thing I had a podcast to listen to. There aren't enough podcasts in the world for me to play the later ones.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ainigma said:
Is there any reason I can't use my Chromeline Jaguar XJ13 (from facebook) in the Expert Historic Cup?

yes the reason is it doesn't work. For some reason although its a 1966 (?) car it doesn't show that for the chromeline version, so it doesn't qualify.

If you bought one from the dealer that'd be fine :)

Ainigma

Neo Member
mrklaw said:
yes the reason is it doesn't work. For some reason although its a 1966 (?) car it doesn't show that for the chromeline version, so it doesn't qualify.

If you bought one from the dealer that'd be fine :)

Thanks, Isn't it like 20,000,000?? Better start saving.......

dwebo

TTG said:
You're actually gonna do the endurance races? That's insane. I did the first 2 hour event, good thing I had a podcast to listen to. There aren't enough podcasts in the world for me to play the later ones.
I was hoping to eventually. One of the earlier events apparently even awards you with the
20m classic Jag
, so I'll at least try to get that far. :lol For the later ones I'll probably just make liberal use of the pause button.

expy

Banned
Ainigma said:
Is there any reason I can't use my Chromeline Jaguar XJ13 (from facebook) in the Expert Historic Cup?
Some 'special edition' cars don't have years associated to them like their standard/premium counterparts so they don't apply.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ainigma said:
Thanks, Isn't it like 20,000,000?? Better start saving.......

yes, so don't - I was being sarky.

Fully tuned cobra can do it in a-spec, or for b-spec something like the toyota race car (win in extreme event) or a chaparral

Ainigma

Neo Member
mrklaw said:
yes, so don't - I was being sarky.

Fully tuned cobra can do it in a-spec, or for b-spec something like the toyota race car (win in extreme event) or a chaparral

Yeah, so many cars I would rather buy first before paying that much!

Takes an age to build up enough funds, I'm just going to keep on going. Apart from a little tuning I think I have all the cars I need to get through expert and extreme.

I'm impressed at the quality of the Photos on the GT5 profile site, specially since when viewing pics on ur friends list inside the game they show up really small.

The My GT site is pretty cool, and B-Spec could be interesting. In theory you shouldn't even need your PS3 on, as the site should have all you details (cars, current level, b-spec driver), so it should be able to run the B-Spec mode virtually. Then when you go home, turn PS3 on and it syncs the results? Won - Yes, Car - Mazda blah blah.

This would be far better than having to leave your PS3 on throughout the day.

X-Frame

KennyLinder said:
The My GT site is pretty cool, and B-Spec could be interesting. In theory you shouldn't even need your PS3 on, as the site should have all you details (cars, current level, b-spec driver), so it should be able to run the B-Spec mode virtually. Then when you go home, turn PS3 on and it syncs the results? Won - Yes, Car - Mazda blah blah.

This would be far better than having to leave your PS3 on throughout the day.
If it could run from my iPhone that'd be absolutely perfect.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
chubigans said:
I just bought a used car strictly for the paint color. 24k on a paint can.

Someone hold me.

lightweight. I bought one for 64k.

edit: Shamed by cozmik

edit2: I have way too many white paints and not enough blacks

KingDizzi

Banned
Sorry to sound like a broken record here but has Kaz said when we're getting the leaderboards and/if online credits? Not enjoying the game at all and can still get £30 at CEX if I act fast so if those additions are not coming this year might as well cut my losses.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
KingDizzi said:
Sorry to sound like a broken record here but has Kaz said when we're getting the leaderboards and/if online credits? Not enjoying the game at all and can still get £30 at CEX if I act fast so if those additions are not coming this year might as well cut my losses.

if you're not enjoying the game, I can't imagine leaderboards is suddenly going to change your mind. Just sell it.

SmokyDave

KingDizzi said:
If you're not enjoying the game at all, I doubt that leaderboards and online credits will make everything better, whenever they arrive. Probably best to sell it now.

Edit: Beaten by MrKlaw, by 0.01 second, for a trophy.

Toxa

so good

325870profile.jpg

KingDizzi

Banned
The reason I got the game was for leaderboards and online, don't care for A-spec or any of that. My enjoyment comes from shaving off milliseconds off my time and seeing where I rank compared to everyone else, I put several hours into the TT demo so yeah, leaderboards will go a really long way into getting me to like the game. Also online credits, still clueless as so why that has been left out. :/

chubigans said:
If your going to sell the game, at least give all your cars away. :p

:lol Not far at all into the game but if it's possible to do you want the cromeline XJ13?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
KingDizzi said:
The reason I got the game was for leaderboards and online, don't care for A-spec or any of that. My enjoyment comes from shaving off milliseconds off my time and seeing where I rank compared to everyone else, I put several hours into the TT demo so yeah, leaderboards will go a really long way into getting me to like the game. Also online credits, still clueless as so why that has been left out. :/

so you can still do that milliseconds thing on time trial now, just not the comparison part. In that case I might be tempted to keep hold of it, keep your hand in. I can understand that, I probably spent a couple of hundred pounds on Daytona USA in the arcades just using it as a time trial machine..

KingDizzi said:
:lol Not far at all into the game but if it's possible to do you want the cromeline XJ13?

its not

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
CozMick said:
I need more GT5 associates to compare stats :(

I have 2 people on my friends list that aren't CoD nerds
Hit me up- same PSN name as my username.

I love the online community features. I gave Bob the Fork a Midget II as a gift...he responded with "get your junk off my lawn!" :lol

CozMick said:

Add me. I'm at work all day but I'll accept the FR when I sign in. PSNID= userfriendly That goes for anyone else as well.

Angst

CozMick said:

Add me: SWEandroid72

Anyone else is free to add as well. I have plenty of room left on my friends list. The limit is 99 right?

harrytang

just got a g27 and play seat for Christmas. set everything up and its awesome. until i turned the damn thing on.

i played through level 15 with the controller and ive had no problems controlling my cars with all assists off (except abs). i tried the wheel out with several different cars to try but i never was able to get the m3 around a track without crashing at least once.

im having a very hard time sensing wheel slip and spin until its to late and im already sideways. ive used the xbox wheel quite a bit for forza 3(needed something to do waiting for gt5) and i got great feed back. the g27 just feels heavy all of the time. am i doing something wrong? do i just need more time?

does any one have any tips on some settings I could adjust?

on the plus side i managed to gold beginner and intermediate nascar events without any trouble. the heaviness of the steering wheel made sense in this situation. golding special events = tons of cash!

GodofWine

user friendly said:
Add me. I'm at work all day but I'll accept the FR when I sign in. PSNID= userfriendly That goes for anyone else as well.

Adding....

I'm - PSN - Skigazzi...I need to get online and race, haven't done a single online race yet...too busy hording vehicles!!

Metalmurphy said:
Thanks to the new website I can now get little thumbnails of all the cars! Sweet! :D

5BO6E.png

It'll definitely come in handy for the NRL thread.

Mmmm where can you see all the cars? Mine just shows placeholders in the garage....

j746b.jpg

GroteSmurf said:
Mmmm where can you see all the cars? Mine just shows placeholders in the garage....

[]http://i.imgur.com/j746b.jpg[/]

You need to "share" them in game first.

All you 60 Gold Licenses nuts are making me feel like a terrible driver.

I haven't actually tried to Gold them yet but I'm sure I won't be able to

Stoffinator

Metalmurphy said:
I'm impressed at the quality of the Photos on the GT5 profile site, specially since when viewing pics on ur friends list inside the game they show up really small.

Where is this site you guys are talking about?

Top Bottom