• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Broseybrose

Im only level ten (and i started a b-spec driver who made it to level 1 yay!). I got the first two licenses and did all the special events i could. (GoKarts at normal difficulty are insane! Can they be upgraded?)

I also cleared most of A-Spec Beginner cause i lucked out and won a '73 MR Lotus that won me the Euro Classic Car championship. My best luck was finding a '69 Stingray in the used car for $20,000. I dont know how much i spent on engine work and tires and a fully customizable transmission, but i have a feeling that 525bhp with Corvette handling is gonna carry me through quite a few challenges.

Huggers

Metal Murphy. I'll add the account tomorrow for the Gaffer in a reasonably priced car if you're about to supervise my lap time?

Did TheSeks walk round?
I suck at GT5

Huggers said:
Metal Murphy. I'll add the account tomorrow for the Gaffer in a reasonably priced car if you're about to supervise my lap time?

Did TheSeks walk round?
I suck at GT5

Just let me know in the thread when you're ready to do it and we'll set up a time. We could do it right now if you want :D

UFRA

Broseybrose said:
yes on bold. :/

But here's a question to ponder:

What if you paint a car chrome. Then, trade it to a friend, and he gives it back.

Will that car (being chrome) give you the chrome paint chip again?

This works with other cars - for example I gave out my Dodge Ram to 3 people. I received it back 3 times, and I have 3 more "Flame Red" paint chips for a total of 4 due to the first time I won it.

Steroyd

Haha brilliant.

At B-spec level 25 you get all the slots open for the six drivers, so I have 2 middling drivers one slightly hot, one slightly cold, one Ice cold the other super hot and then my last two are inbetween middle and super cold and vice versa.

I just put my shit hot driver as the starting driver for the endurance race and he's batshit insane O_O overtaking wasn't enough he pure rammed into the poor driver while overtaking, and he's treating the race like a drift challenge which would be funny if it didn't eat at the tires so quick. :|

He's starting every endurance race from now on. :lol

spats

Nürburgring Type V might be my new favourite track. The detail is astounding. Feels like a totally different track when there's a million people, tents and flags everywhere. Even the roadside ads seem to be completely different. Took like 12 minutes to drive around it with a Vitz but it was oh so worth it. :lol

N%C3%BCrburgring%20Type%20V.jpg

expy

Banned
UFRA said:
But here's a question to ponder:

What if you paint a car chrome. Then, trade it to a friend, and he gives it back.

Will that car (being chrome) give you the chrome paint chip again?

This works with other cars - for example I gave out my Dodge Ram to 3 people. I received it back 3 times, and I have 3 more "Flame Red" paint chips for a total of 4 due to the first time I won it.
It probably does work, but then you're limited to that once a day.

Huggers

Xun said:
I have come to the conclusion it is literally impossible.

Also it's VW not WV.

Nah if I can do it, anyone can. Be as aggressive as you can in the corners, this is where you can make up a lot of time. At all other times slip stream like crazy

UFRA

expy said:
It probably does work, but then you're limited to that once a day.

I would hope it works. This would at least allow you to make a whole fleet of chrome cars over time. :lol

Xun

Huggers said:
Nah if I can do it, anyone can. Be as aggressive as you can in the corners, this is where you can make up a lot of time. At all other times slip stream like crazy
But the cones man. THE CONES!

Just ask bunch of guys a favor. Sent the car to guy 1 and guy 1 sends you the paint and send the car to guy 2 and repeat. You'll get multiple paint in 1 day.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
btw anyone here tried GT5 with this thing (HKS Racing Controller)?
81zNuh-4C6L._AA500_.jpg

I have G25 but I am curious to know if this controller actually work.

Huggers

Xun said:

lol, yeah they are a bitch. You can smash the shit out of the big cones though, the little cones must not be disturbed on pain of death

dwebo

Took a break from hell X1 and decided to try out a Prius for a change of pace. Holy hell, the game even models draining and charging the electric battery!

Alright, that's pretty nifty. I need to try out the tesla roadster in a b-spec endurance race now.

LCfiner

dwebo said:
Took a break from hell X1 and decided to try out a Prius for a change of pace. Holy hell, the game even models draining and charging the electric battery!

Alright, that's pretty nifty. I need to try out the tesla roadster in a b-spec endurance race now.

One point I have to make about the Tesla. since it doesn’t shift gears, the pitch of noise inside the car just gets high and higher the faster you go.

it’s excruciating!

at around 150 kph, it’s like a dog whistle. I wanted to rip my ears off.

how the hell could anyone drive one of these things in real life, at those speeds, if that’s the sound it makes?

Huggers

May as well ask again, third time lucky and all that. What car did people use for Like the Winds second race? It's kicking my ass like a field of Elises round a top gear test track

expy

Banned
Huggers said:
May as well ask again, third time lucky and all that. What car did people use for Like the Winds second race? It's kicking my ass like a field of Elises round a top gear test track
I used a maxed out Corvette (Sports upgrades and all).

bunbun777

If anyone wants to send me a CHROME paint car, I would be happy to send it right back, for as many days as was wanted, to help build up the chrome paint collection.

it's just a limit of 1 car per friend per day right? I have not sent two cars out in one day to two different friends yet....

Rflagg

Xun said:
The cones aren't the biggest issue, but the fuckers who bump you into are. Just like the stupid I-a 10 test taking a long break before I retry either.

dwebo

LCfiner said:
One point I have to make about the Tesla. since it doesn’t shift gears, the pitch of noise inside the car just gets high and higher the faster you go.

it’s excruciating!

at around 150 kph, it’s like a dog whistle. I wanted to rip my ears off.

how the hell could anyone drive one of these things in real life, at those speeds, if that’s the sound it makes?
Yeah, that noise is incredibly annoying :lol

ZyqFk.jpg

turnbuckle

I want to join the league but am scared.

General Rules:
A race will be made of 16 players, 2 players per team, 8 teams on the league.
Teams must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, there's no member limit.

I mean, I'm confused by the first 2 rules. 2 players per team, but must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, but there's no member limit?

I only got 2 hours of sleep and had to walk half hour in the snow both ways today to get my tires changed in real life so please be patient if what I just got confused by makes perfect sense to everyone else.

Just did the first race of the big championship with my stock Italia on racing soft tires. So, who was this lolguar XJ220 LM Race Car and lolnda LM Race Car again? :lol

mil6es

turnbuckle said:

I mean, I'm confused by the first 2 rules. 2 players per team, but must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, but there's no member limit?

I only got 2 hours of sleep and had to walk half hour in the snow both ways today to get my tires changed in real life so please be patient if what I just got confused by makes perfect sense to everyone else.

not all the team mates race in the same race, take turns im guessing

expy

Banned
turnbuckle said:

In case some team members can't make races, others can take their places etc.

turnbuckle said:

Think of it like this, basketball tournament: The lakers can have as many people on their team as they want. During a single game, on 2 members of the team can play (race). To make the Lakers, you need 4 members or more.

CozMick

Banned
Has it been determined how the grid will be selected? (If it is indeed a grid start)

Also, will there be day/night cycles and weather?

:D

spats said:
Nürburgring Type V might be my new favourite track. The detail is astounding. Feels like a totally different track when there's a million people, tents and flags everywhere. Even the roadside ads seem to be completely different. Took like 12 minutes to drive around it with a Vitz but it was oh so worth it. :lol

N%C3%BCrburgring%20Type%20V.jpg

=O!!

How do you unlock it!?

Rflagg said:
The cones aren't the biggest issue, but the fuckers who bump you into are. Just like the stupid I-a 10 test taking a long break before I retry either.
You're gunna love the advanced Nascar challenge.:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huggers said:
Did TheSeks walk round?
I suck at GT5

Trying to keep a line with the controller is hard. :/

In consolation: I slammed into a few cones on my second attempt at the hammerhead. Trying to quick left/right and misjudging speed is WHOOPS on controllers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Metalmurphy said:
Just bought this to do the truck event

http://i.drom.ru/~autovl/catalog_photos/daihatsu/midget_ii/daihatsu_midget_ii_13027.jpg[

Not sure I can tune it enough to win :lol[/QUOTE]

I tried ( wasted almost 60K on it for upgrades) and failed :(

turnbuckle

mil6es said:
not all the team mates race in the same race, take turns im guessing

expy said:
In case some team members can't make races, others can take their places etc.

Lion Heart said:
Think of it like this, basketball tournament: The lakers can have as many people on their team as they want. During a single game, on 2 members of the team can play (race). To make the Lakers, you need 4 members or more.

Ahh, perfectly understood. Thanks

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Thanks but no need. Turned out the Silverado SST was in the dealer as well, didn't even notice :lol

Didn't even have to tune this one.
That's the one I got to, like SST Concept for 98k?. Not even sure if I bought tires for it, easily won out.

commedieu

Banned
Offline GT5 Review:

I'll keep it short. I haven't had online since the release of GT5. Yet I am still very much entertained. The game has reached almost an open world variety of options. GTA is a good example. You had missions, but then when you got bored, there was plenty of content to keep yourself busy with. I feel GT's working the same way. I'm sort of lucky that I have online to look forward to, considering the wide range of options that will be fresh & new to me then. I've had a few close races (lvl16) to where I've won 100th's of a second trophy... The A.I feels great if you play along with them, sure you can grab a 900hp car for a 90hp race, but there is an honest challenge to beat cars with like power, with driving ability. I have yet to feel the sting of not having online, just when I see that the GT Academy has started & with all you guys playing with one another. I'm just working on my skill, and enjoying my alltime favorite pass time, hotlaps & replay fapping. Unlike GTA4, where you found yourself completely bored of the options out there.. there is always a race to do, or a challenge to be done, even more with unlocking lvls.

screw you guys and your online!... for now :eek:

truly entertained,

-c

whatever helps me sleep at night :(

Wow... doing a bspec endurance race in the rain and the AI is utterly awful. They don't seem to understand the concept of half throttle and they're all lurching forward, then slowing down... and so on. Taking about 5 minutes a lap in wet tyres when normally it's about a minute in the dry.

Top Bottom