• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Hoplatee

A rather weird question but I am looking for some of the best sounding cars in this game. Since there are so many of them I obviously might have missed quite a lot of them (plus the fact that many of them still do sound kinda 'meh / soft'). So what do you guys think are the most awesome sounding cars?

I have around 14 million funds so money shouldn't really be a issue to get some new cars!

Goldrusher

Carecrow said:
A rather weird question but I am looking for some of the best sounding cars in this game. Since there are so many of them I obviously might have missed quite a lot of them (plus the fact that many of them still do sound kinda 'meh / soft'). So what do you guys think are the most awesome sounding cars?

I have around 14 million funds so money shouldn't really be a issue to get some new cars!
Mazda 787

Juicy Bob

I just wanted to pop-in and say that the chat censorship system in this game is completely *************************.

I feel better now.

Double H

Takamasa Shichisawa who was the director on Tourist Trophy now lives in Liverpool (SCE Studio Liverpool?). After leaving Polyphony he worked on Dress for Home and then haven't heard anything about him since.

Gran Turismo for Vita by SCE Liverpool? Unpossible.

I finally summoned the courage to attack the A-spec Formula GT championship and it wasn't enjoyable in the slightest. It's a horrible car to drive and with no practices there's never a proper chance to tweak the settings, there's no tyre/fuel wear during races, AI bugs at Nurburgring, a loathsome wet race at Monza and the final kick in the guts was a Caterham Firebird as the prize. A great car, but such a ridiculous reward considering it's the penultimate championship in the game.

I was wondering why PD didn't remodel the Formula GT as a premium — as a fictional racer they could go balls out with the damage modelling. Mind you it probably wouldn't work though because the AI would destroy each other before completing the first lap.

Dead Man

Double H said:
Takamasa Shichisawa who was the director on Tourist Trophy now lives in Liverpool (SCE Studio Liverpool?). After leaving Polyphony he worked on Dress for Home and then haven't heard anything about him since.

Gran Turismo for Vita by SCE Liverpool? Unpossible.

I finally summoned the courage to attack the A-spec Formula GT championship and it wasn't enjoyable in the slightest. It's a horrible car to drive and with no practices there's never a proper chance to tweak the settings, there's no tyre/fuel wear during races, AI bugs at Nurburgring, a loathsome wet race at Monza and the final kick in the guts was a Caterham Firebird as the prize. A great car, but such a ridiculous reward considering it's the penultimate championship in the game.

I was wondering why PD didn't remodel the Formula GT as a premium — as a fictional racer they could go balls out with the damage modelling. Mind you it probably wouldn't work though because the AI would destroy each other before completing the first lap.
That is an absolute killer for me, I can barely drive the damn things anyway, I don't think I will ever do that series in A Spec.

offshore

Double H said:
Gran Turismo for Vita by SCE Liverpool? Unpossible
See now this makes all kinds of sense. Liverpool have a good racing pedigree and are a technological beast of studio much like Polyphony. But no, I bet Shuhei Yoshida has allowed PD to start GT Vita in earnest :(

Goldrusher

Gran Turismo is like champagne.
If it's not from the Champagne region, it can't be called champagne.

If it's not by Polyphony Digital, it's not Gran Turismo.

offshore

Given how the champagne has been turning flat over the past decade, handing GT Vita to a studio like Liverpool could revive the sparkle. Although it would be up to PD to ensure that GT6 isn't the game where the champagne turns into rose water.

plus if liverpool work on GT vita maybe Liverpool could also model cars and tracks and stuff that would end up in GT6 and help fix that man power problem PD have and dont seem to want to fix.

meh they will probably make more wipeout that doesnt sell and PD will continue trundling along releasing a GT ever 5 years that plays almost identically to the last GT game released 5 years ago.

Goldrusher

Reminder:

Nürburgring 24h next weekend. 210 cars.
Yamauchi is #71, Nissan GT-R.

His teammates are Yasuyoshi Yamamoto (founder of Opera Performance) and Tobias and Michael Schulze (Autohaus Schulze).

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/media/Teilnehmerliste_15_06_2011.pdf

(photos from the ADAC Reinoldus-Langstreckenrennen)

P84Yy.jpg

GQiRh.jpg

brentech

You guys really think the campaign of Wipeout is different in some way? Or am I missing some other reason that you would want them behind the GT franchise?

I'm not connecting the dots here.

Why would it have to be a GT game?

I always wanted another real world racer from a sony studio.

Since Sony Liverpool and Evolution merged I think it would be pretty cool if they made a racer to fill the gaps in between GT's much like how PGR was the game in between forza's on xbox.

Both studios have enough experience I think they could make something pretty cool with real cars and real tracks.

I would guess such a game from the studio wouldnt be as simy as GT but it would still be pretty cool

offshore

UPDATE: Since this article was posted, Guillaume’s comment has been edited to show much less confident language. It now reads, “Polyphony a commencé avec la nouvelle mise à jour, Il se pourrait que des DLC suivent, mais je n’ai aucune confirmation,” which translates to “Polyphony has started the new update, It might be that DLC will follow, but I have no confirmation.”
http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-hints-of-gran-turismo-5-dlc/

We said he was just as clueless as the rest of us.

Ahhh, sweet GT5, I missed ya :D I'm updating now, too tired to take my wheel out but I'll try some seasonal stuff with the controller...

Edit: I'm using the two tickets I won in the NRL (thanks again MM), let's see what comes out of them...!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO FORD GT LM SPEC II TEST CAR!! Awesome.

aaaaaand... buu, a Delta Rally Car that I already had :(

Fuck, there are some supercheap and great cars in the OCD. Must... not... buy...

Buying Zonda LM, XR8, C5-R, Camaro LM and FGT, I'm gonna be soooooooooo poor.

Melfice7

Risk Breaker said:
Fuck, there are some supercheap and great cars in the OCD. Must... not... buy...

Buying Zonda LM, XR8, C5-R, Camaro LM and FGT, I'm gonna be soooooooooo poor.

I bought the whole current OCD list :3

dk_

Where are the rain races in A/B-Spec?

I played a little GT5 recently and I don't remember any rain race till now.

Angst

dk_ said:

It only rains in the top tier expert races. And the AMG challenges of course.

Goldrusher said:
Reminder:

Nürburgring 24h next weekend. 210 cars.
Yamauchi is #71, Nissan GT-R.

His teammates are Yasuyoshi Yamamoto (founder of Opera Performance) and Tobias and Michael Schulze (Autohaus Schulze).

Coming off of Le Mans, this sounds like it'll be fun to watch. Will there be any US TV coverage (or online streams) of the event?

dk_ said:

Rain is still a bit useless since you will drive faster on racing slicks. It´s another one of those "wow they haven´t fixed yet" features.

seattle6418 said:
Rain is still a bit useless since you will drive faster on racing slicks. It´s another one of those "wow they haven´t fixed yet" features.
Max speed on straights maybe. It's impossible to get proper acceleration on softs once the track is fully wet.

Toxa

seattle6418 said:

obviously we do not have the same version of the game

Kaper said:
Finally hit A-Spec lvl 30 yesterday and holy shit at the x2010 challenges. The fiat 500/111r/wrx challenges are fun though, they are something I have to work for.

I just did that yesterday. Holy shit is right! I can barely stay on the track racing that thing. I tried making some adjustments to the wheel but man, it was tough as hell.

Definitely going to take a ton of practice to place 3rd or more on those X2010 challenges, it's like a roller coaster you can fly off of.

I'm about to hit Lvl 30 myself.

When looking at gameplay vids of the X2010, I have to double-check the HUD timer to make sure that shit isn't sped up. It's going to be a nightmare with a DS3.

f0rk

Spaceman Spiff said:
I'm about to hit Lvl 30 myself.

When looking at gameplay vids of the X2010, I have to double-check the HUD timer to make sure that shit isn't sped up. It's going to be a nightmare with a DS3.

It's ok as long as you don't expect to get more than bronze :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. 1.10 bringing some things that should've been in the game already.

Too bad I can't use those and they won't reverse the stupid 1million car trade cap.

Toxa said:
obviously we do not have the same version of the game

Yeah, i don´t get it. Others have said this to me, but i still prefer Racing Softs over the Rain tires in wet surfaces. Times are slower, but they are even more slow with the Rain tires on.

I guess i have to test some more to see.

seattle6418 said:
Yeah, i don´t get it. Others have said this to me, but i still prefer Racing Softs over the Rain tires in wet surfaces. Times are slower, but they are even more slow with the Rain tires on.

I guess i have to test some more to see.

Might be a dumb question but... You know it takes time for a track to be fully wet right? :p

It can take up to 10minutes or more, and I've been in races where it stopped raining before it even got fully wet.

Kaper said:
That's nice of PD to give you a gift on your birthday. Got two Mazdas: Eunos Roadster and 787B. Score.
lol, I totally forgot about that feature. Maybe I should turn my PS3 on and see if I still get it.

FJ0372

f0rk said:
It's ok as long as you don't expect to get more than bronze :D

I have to agree with this, I recently finished the RedBull Vettel X2010 challenge and anything beyond a bronze for me seemed impossible (I use a DS3 to play). As to the guy that asked about the best sounding car, the X2010 has to be up there, it's like a Formula 1 car on steroids (it moves like one too). Since winning the car every single race seems extremely easy to win though haha.

ashk said:
New drift and time trials up too, plus OCD refreshed.

Time trials are addictive, specially on the nurb and with racing tires.

Spent some time playing the Le Mans one, but the unpredictable shortcuts took away the fun.

Shame the LMP cars will dominate the nurb. I caved in last night and spent some time in 1st with my lovely GT One.

I wonder where i will be tonight when i get home. Test of game popularity i guess. Last week more than 80,000 people were ranked on the drift trials alone, so the game is still going strong, despite the poor efforts on the patching department.

---------------

Request of day: dear anonymous PD developer, please add an option to tone down the ridiculous draft effect in GT5.

It ruins competitive races, and it´s unrealistic by all means. Add a slider or an option like the one we have with grip so we can have more fun in races. Draft ruined GT academy last year in europe and they didn´t fixed.

Please pay attention to this.

Thank you.

offshore

seattle6418 said:
Add a slider or an option like the one we have with grip so we can have more fun in races.
Yeah, we need a "Real" and "Normal" setting, one which should be displayed on the lobby description. That way, when you go online, you'll know which races have which type of draft.

There's definitely a case for keeping this current draft effect in, at least as an option, as it keeps races interesting as if you fall behind a little, you can catch up again. Obviously for the serious racers out there, it's a little shit being in the lead only to have someone fly past you from your slipstream.

Unrelated, I just noticed the Nurburgring and Sarthe at night don't have any stars in the sky, unlike Toscana. Sort it out, Polyphony ;)

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Request of day: dear anonymous PD developer, please add an option to tone down the ridiculous draft effect in GT5.

It ruins competitive races, and it´s unrealistic by all means. Add a slider or an option like the one we have with grip so we can have more fun in races. .
I tweeted Kaz about this exact thing a couple of days ago, no reply though :p

Angst said:
I tweeted Kaz about this exact thing a couple of days ago, no reply though :p

That reminds me, I tweeted him ages ago about the inverted Ferrari logo on the California and never got a reply... I wonder if they fixed it lol.

offshore said:
It does indeed seem that there are no stars on the Ring at night. That's unfortunate, as Toscana looks great with stars beaming and fireworks going off.

Here's to hoping that they manage to get day/night cycles on all tracks in GT6, INCLUDING the fantasy tracks. They can put all the starts they want there lol

Top Bottom