• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I was still well placed with a clean 7´53, but i found a Bentley with old oil on the used lot and bought so i could use in the time trial.

The Bentley is 5-6 seconds faster than the Peugeut 908 or the GT One.

They should just deleted the cheaters. Well, let´s hope they release a new time trial with rules this time.

Ps: i was also not happy to "have to" use a downgraded LMP car, so they might think about restrictions.

Yeah, totally banworthy... I guess.

Also wtf, when I checked this morning the Nurb TT was still going on (with two guys suspiciously faster than the next) and I was going to give it a try, at least for the gold... :(

Dead Man

Angst said:
He was... naughty. One of the most unfair bans I've seen :(

please dont't ban me too
If that's the post that did him in that seems... a bit extreme. Look forward to your return MM, I know we don't see eye to eye, but I enjoy the discussion.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
The SLS AMG contest is down to the final 15

http://www.facebook.com/MercedesBenz?sk=app_226713447359323

Still surprised that they're actually going to give away a new SLS AMG to the person that wins this.

If I remember well, there was 10.000 "GT5 Prestige Edition" being produced.

I bought mine for 140 euros, as well as majority of owners. Some remains - after the competitions started - were later sold for 80 euros+.

That is pure million in revenue just from that edition.

1/10 worth of car and unprecedented worth in marketing/promotion seems like a great deal. And don't forget how that car costs a fraction of its retail price for MB. And if remember well, local subsidiaries of MB were paying their national promotions from their own promotional budgets.

So when you look at it, that car practically cost nothing for them.

BTW I am still mad beyond any imagination that I couldn't participate in competition. And I still can't comprehend this true story:

> Since my country was not eligible for competition, I proposed Jordan - GTPlanet owner and operator - to host a small prize-draw with my Prestige Edition SLS Card as a prize for some lucky member. He than told me that he already have few similar proposals from few members (who also had Prestige Edition but their countries were not eligible and they were willing to give them away) but there is no real interest from GTPlanet members.

No interest for free-given Card that could get you real SLS? And for which you had just to train your BSpec driver in order to gain place in finals? People are just lunatics.

Angst

amar212 said:

I bought mine for 140 euros, as well as majority of owners. Some remains - after the competitions started - were later sold for 80 euros+.

1/10 worth of car and unprecedented worth in marketing/promotion seems like a great deal. And don't forget how that car costs a fraction of its retail price for MB. And if remember well, local subsidiaries of MB were paying their national promotions from their own promotional budgets.

BTW I am still mad beyond any imagination that I couldn't participate in competition. And I still can't comprehend this true story:

> Since my country was not eligible for competition, I proposed Jordan - GTPlanet owner and operator - to host a small prize-draw with my Prestige Edition SLS Card as a prize for some lucky member. He than told me that he already have few similar proposals from few members (who also had Prestige Edition but their countries were not eligible and they were willing to give them away) but there is no real interest from GTPlanet members.

No interest for free-given Card that could get you real SLS? And for which you had just to train your BSpec driver in order to gain place in finals? People are just lunatics.

That seems insane... you should have had some kind of prize-draw here on GAF instead. In fact, wasn't there ebay auctions for the entry ticket?

I've been doing a bit of b-spec lately and I just finished up the Formula GT championship. I've gotta say that series was hands down the most fun I've ever had with b-spec. I'm not sure if the new AI from this recent patch had anything to do with it but I constantly had to adjust my pace to get through some sections of tracks to be smooth.

amar212 said:

My coutry wasn´t eligible.

But maybe, and that´s a strong possibility, people hate b-spec THAT much.

I think people got really turned off on this contest when they announced it would be b-spec only.

Makes it just luck, so i guess it partially explains the low interest.

amar212

Real time B-Spec have nothing to do with luck.

I still wait the moment we'll be able to play real-time B-Spec online, with real-time management against each other.

My 6 Russians are waiting.

Toxa

some pics

241800Toscane3.jpg

835713Toscane9.jpg

208406Toscane11.jpg

MGR

Some one-make racing with a few mates.

Really frustrating that this kind of thing is limited to 55 different cars when there's 1000+ available in the game.

pEYtj.jpg

FDsdE.jpg

5Gaq1.jpg

f8waB.jpg

2JKxI.jpg

i6N1U.jpg

Angst

MGR said:
Some one-make racing with a few mates.

Really frustrating that this kind of thing is limited to 55 different cars when there's 1000+ available in the game.
Yeah it's weird. Of course it's possible to use any car if it's organized in advance.

ElyrionX

Started this up for the first time in months just yesterday. Is the Seasonal Events PD's backdoor way of expanding upon the lame selection of events in Career?

Also, I got reminded of just how horrible the sound in the game still is. The sound of colliding against another car gives me a goddamn headache every time. It's basically a giant LFE with absolutely no nuances at all and it doesn't matter what car you're driving or what you're hitting or how fast you're going. It's really annoying and if not for it, I would probably be playing this game a lot more. Those of you who don't have a decent home theater setup need not even bother replying to this.

Ardenyal

Finally got my plat so i got around to doing some photography. Game of the generation for me personally even if flawed in some aspects.

Cape%252520Ring%252520South.jpg

Red%252520Bull%252520Hangar-7.jpg

Lucerne%252520-%252520Chapel%252520Bridge.jpg

The car I got as my birthday present :p
Rome.jpg

I WILL learn to drift consistently with a wheel...
Tsukuba%252520Circuit.jpg

Goldrusher

photo06a.jpg

photo13a.jpg

On June 25th and 26th, the race final of the 2011, 24 hours of Nürburgring was held at the Nürburgring circuit of Germany. Gran Turismo series producer, Kazunori Yamauchi succeeded in winning the SP8T class in a Nissan GT-R.

This was actually the world's first appearance of the Nissan GT-R in a 24 hour race, and Kazunori Yamauchi's team succeeded in crowning the historic event with an impressive class victory.
"This year's participation in the Nürburgring 24 hour race was in the Nissan GT-R, a car for which I was a part of the original development team. The experience was more tense and exciting than ever before." said Yamauchi-san.

The Nürburgring 24 hour race spec Nissan GT-R racecar driven by Yamauchi-san, was entered by Schulze Motorsports, based just outside Dresden, Germany. The team owner, Wolfram Schulze, runs a Renault/Nissan dealership. The four drivers making up the team were his two sons, Tobias and Michel, who were introduced to motorsports from a very young age, along with Kazunori Yamauchi and former Japanese Super Endurance Series Champion, Yasuyoshi Yamamoto. They participated in the Nürburgring 24 hour race as one of the local private teams, which make up the roots of this 24 hour race.
"Tobias, Michael, and everyone at Schulze Motorsports were like family to me, and made me very comfortable to be there." added Yamauchi-san.

The Nissan GT-R compete in the SP8T class, in which there were three new Golf GT24s' entered from Volkswagen Motorsports. The VW works team, who had dominated the class with Sciroccos in the past, showed incredible speed right from the start. However upon entering the night session, the Golfs were plagued with problems and by dawn, 2 out of 3 cars had retired from the race.

This brought the Nissan GT-R into the lead, but they were still being chased aggressively by the surviving Golf number 235 from the VW works team.

Having lost their anti-roll bar, the Nissan GT-R was unable to increase its pace, and at one point lost its position to the Golf driven by former F1 Drivers Johnny Herbert and Mark Blundell. However, further issues with their car forced the Golf to fall behind, and the GT-R once again took the lead.

Far from over, the Schulze team worked relentlessly to fix their car while an Audi RS4 from another private team gradually began to close the gap.

In the end however, the Schulze Motorsports team managed to hold their ground in the Nissan GT-R and complete the 24 hours at the top of their class.

Upon the team's victory, Yamauchi-san commented, "As the first time in history that the Nissan GT-R was participating in a 24 hour race, I'm glad we were able to produce results that would not be an embarrassment to the GT-R name. The GT-R was extremely tough, controllable, and above all else extremely fast. "

In the fight for the overall victory between the 4 major works teams of Porsche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes, the Manthey Racing 911 GT3 RSR came out as the victor. Last year's champion, the BMW M3 GT, came in second place. Third on the podium was the Audi R8 LMS of Team Phoenix. Of the Japanese teams, the Impreza WRX won the SP3T class (21st overall), and the Lexus LFA achieved 3rd place in the SP8 class (41st overall).

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5832.html

DonMigs85

Man, I think they love Nissan a little too much. It's bad enough that American and European cars are so under-represented especially as Premiums, but Nissan has such an overpowering presence over pretty much any other brand in the game.

At some point I would love Ferrari Testarossa and F50 DLC, as well as the upcoming 2011/2012 New Beetle and Imprezas.

//B1G

Banned
I have a problem: my PS3 freezes every time I get two laps into a race. I've tried about every variable there is to see if it the will stop freezing. i tried racing standard cars, premium, borrowed, different cups, modes, everything. the video just stops and the audio stays on the same note until i do a hard reset. i think actually now that this may have only started after an update my dad did. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm on my phone.

Toxa

DonMigs85 said:
Man, I think they love Nissan a little too much. It's bad enough that American and European cars are so under-represented especially as Premiums, but Nissan has such an overpowering presence over pretty much any other brand in the game.

At some point I would love Ferrari Testarossa and F50 DLC, as well as the upcoming 2011/2012 New Beetle and Imprezas.

there's a strong relationship between Nissan and PD with the GT Academy of course and Kazunori worked with them to participate in the development of some car

Angst

//B1G said:
I have a problem: my PS3 freezes every time I get two laps into a race. I've tried about every variable there is to see if it the will stop freezing. i tried racing standard cars, premium, borrowed, different cups, modes, everything. the video just stops and the audio stays on the same note until i do a hard reset. i think actually now that this may have only started after an update my dad did. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm on my phone.
This sounds like you're having issues with your PS3 overheating. You could try deleting the gamedata and reinstall + download all patches again and see if that helps. If not, your PS3 is dying :/

Toxa said:
there's a strong relationship between Nissan and PD with the GT Academy of course and Kazunori worked with them to participate in the development of some car
Yeah, PD designed the information display in the GT-R. But if you only look at # of premiums in GT5 there are actually more Ferrari models than Nissans. Standards are another story...

Angst

Mush said:
Should I handle this Angst or do you want a shot at him? :p
Lol what's wrong now mush? You are the resident Super GT500 expert, but I guess you're annoyed that a Lexus car has a photo shoot at the Red Bull Museum? :D

Mush

Angst said:
Lol what's wrong now mush? You are the resident Super GT500 expert, but I guess you're annoyed that a Lexus car has a photo shoot at the Red Bull Museum? :D
At our museum no less.

I was just hoping someone would push him in the right direction, if you know what I mean. ;)

Toxa

Angst said:
Yeah, PD designed the information display in the GT-R. But if you only look at # of premiums in GT5 there are actually more Ferrari models than Nissans. Standards are another story...

I'm not sure but I think Kaz was also involved in the development of 350z

Angst

Mush said:
At our museum no less.

I was just hoping someone would push him in the right direction, if you know what I mean. ;)
Aha, I see. Well I have been annoying people enough in this thread I think... Ah what the hell I'll send him a PM :)

//B1G

Banned
Angst said:
This sounds like you're having issues with your PS3 overheating. You could try deleting the gamedata and reinstall + download all patches again and see if that helps. If not, your PS3 is dying :/

Damn, what? I haven't had this problem in any other game. In fact I don't think it's ever happened at all before it started with GT5, and hasn't happened with any other game besides it.

Angst

//B1G said:
Damn, what? I haven't had this problem in any other game. In fact I don't think it's ever happened at all before it started with GT5, and hasn't happened with any other game besides it.
GT is pretty taxing though. But did you try the uninstall -> reinstall -> repatch route?

Dibbz

Been away from GT5 this weekend and just got back to it. Decided to throw some of the Merc's around some nice green scenery.

5902693610_b3b8557e3f_b.jpg

5902693578_2b2428d799_b.jpg

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Dibbz said:
Been away from GT5 this weekend and just got back to it. Decided to throw some of the Merc's around some nice green scenery.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5078/5902693610_b3b8557e3f_b.jpg[img]

Dam, look at that background. GT5 really blows me away with the right conditions.

Edit: Gt-academy has to be the most successful "video game tie into real world event" that has occurred. Case in point:[url]http://www.gtplanet.net/successful-weekend-for-gt-academy-stars-ordonez-mardenborough-heitkotter/[/url][/QUOTE]
Yup, this one is amazing. Good eye Dibbz.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Dam, look at that background.

the photo backgrounds blow in gt5.

still the best use of real photography by polyphony:

gt psp:
fnlzL.jpg

a shame they chose that shite cape ring over a new set of driving park courses set in this environment. anybody know where this place is?

//B1G

Banned
Angst said:
GT is pretty taxing though. But did you try the uninstall -> reinstall -> repatch route?
Haven't yet, but I'm about to. If I delete the game data though is that going to bring me back to square one with my career?

Angst

No it shouldn't. You should only delete Game Data, not Game Save. But to be perfectly sure I'd do what Daverytimes suggests and backup your game save to PS+ or USB, then delete it.

//B1G

Banned
Well I deleted all the gamedata, reinstalled and downloaded again the updates but it's still freezing almost seconds after starting my second lap. Though my PS3 was sitting on top of the DVR and I felt underneath and it was pretty dang damn hot, I still don't see how if it's just my PS3 overheating why it'd do it at a certain spot in the game, you know what I mean? Two laps into any race. And why it doesn't do it with any other game...

It's really pissed me off. I paid for the game and my PS3 with hard earned money and now it's not working at no fault of my own. What the fuck? This shouldn't be happening.

Angst

Try giving your PS3 better air flow around it. Stand it up vertically and don't put it on top of other electronics.

//B1G

Banned
I have since, although I sincerely don't think that was the problem. I'll try tomorrow after letting it rest all night and see if it still has the issue - if it does, I'm going to call up Sony and try to get some shit figured out. This isn't right from a customer's perspective.

Top Bottom