• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
You need to "share" them in game first.

All you 60 Gold Licenses nuts are making me feel like a terrible driver.

I haven't actually tried to Gold them yet but I'm sure I won't be able to
I don't even have my S license yet. Not needing them to get into races has killed my motivation for them, considering the rubbish Exp you get as well.

DK3Fc.jpg

Oh yeah, anyone else feel free to add me, PSN id is in my profile.

mxPrJ.jpg

:D

Steroyd said:
I really can't be bothered golding all Liscences, Silver would be my limit bar the overtaking ones.
This was my feeling for all other GT's, didn't really care at all. This one was different somehow.

Huggers

MetalMurphy, are you about? If so I'd like my first attempt at taking my rightful place at the bottom of the reasonably priced car challenge

How in the hell can you clear that NASCAR Daytona challenge? It really easy until they caught up you and spin you around. I know that the car is heavy and shit

edit: talking about the A-Spec cup, not the special challenge

Huggers

PetriP-TNT said:
How in the hell can you clear that NASCAR Daytona challenge? It really easy until they caught up you and spin you around. I know that the car is heavy and shit

Nascar requires a gentle touch

gutterboy44 said:
Because more people can see how awesome dedicated you are
You're probably right, it's all GAF's fault.

PetriP-TNT said:

Have you turned off ASM? As soon as I did that, it was much easier. The car was still very heavy though.

Huggers said:
MetalMurphy, are you about? If so I'd like my first attempt at taking my rightful place at the bottom of the reasonably priced car challenge

Yes. I'll switch to the TG-NRPC account. Join the lounge after adding that to your FL.

Dead Man

PetriP-TNT said:

Yeah, won the rest easily, every time I have tried that last race I get in front, then get nudged and spun out.

Anyone got any more suggestions for the Historic Race Cup in bspec? Nothing I throw at Monaco will get me the win. Perhaps a tuning guide for the Toyota '70 or the Challenger RT?

Must have done it 30 times now and the best I've been able to manage is 2nd.

Psychotext said:
Anyone got any more suggestions for the Historic Race Cup in bspec? Nothing I throw at Monaco will get me the win. Perhaps a tuning guide for the Toyota '70 or the Challenger RT?

Fully tuned Countach should do it.

TTG

PetriP-TNT said:

jeffgordon.jpg

heavy, indeed.

PetriP-TNT said:

Apparently staying behind a little then drafting at the last few turns helps. I don't remember having trouble with that one but I'm not even sure that I've beaten it :S

gutterboy44 said:
Fully tuned Countach should do it.
Tried that one too, didn't seem to work out too well. The only car I've had any degree of success with is the Toyota. I'd buy that fan car... except, well, I haven't seen it and I don't have that sort of money. :lol

Wouldn't be so annoying, but there are so many utterly retarded crashes which happen in the race. :(

Okay, another question: Shelby Cobra '66, Historic Car Cup. Possible/Impossible, how to tune this piece of shit and how can I stop it from spinning out with every little touch

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
B-Spec drivers on the 'ring is SMH. They don't even get past the other cars despite outclassing them in horse power. :| Stupid asses spinning out every chance they get despite me cooling them down with "SLOW DOWN! PACE DOWN!" spam.

centracore

Dead Man said:
If anyone really needs a truck I have a extra Ram that has not been modded. PM me, or friend me on PSN, id is in my profile.

Edit - Gone.

I'm the one who received this truck from Dead Man and his only request was that I pass it along after I was finished using it. Only difference from then is that it's been fully upgraded to allow my crappy B-Spec driver to win both races.

PM me if you need it, only string attached is that you pass it along after you're finished with it!

PetriP-TNT said:

I haven´t entered that specific cup, but it´s funny because i think i´m the only one using Nascars seriously:lol

I used in multiple events and i give to b-spec bob whenever i can.

It´s just a bitch on technichal tracks, but if it´s High Speed Ring or close to it, it´s a great car.

Dead Man

Psychotext said:

Toyota 7 with some aggressive use of the overtake button got me there, and the turbo or engine upgrade or whatever it is that you can add to it.

Dead Man said:
Toyota 7 with some aggressive use of the overtake button got me there, and the turbo or engine upgrade or whatever it is that you can add to it.
Added everything to it, only thing I can think of now is messing with the tuning which really isn't my forte. :(

Dead Man

Psychotext said:
Added everything to it, only thing I can think of now is messing with the tuning which really isn't my forte. :(
Sorry, can't really help you there. Maybe shorten the gear ratios since top speed is not reached on that track?

Dead Man said:
Sorry, can't really help you there. Maybe shorten the gear ratios since top speed is not reached on that track?
Have done that one too, just about to try it with a bit more downforce.

Probably just that all my bspec drivers are idiots. :lol

Dead Man

Melfice7 said:
Can we participate on formula gt event with an F1 07 or 10? or has to be a formula gt car?
Has to be the Formula GT, only shows up used, and it only showed up once for me so far, when I was too low a level to buy it. :(

PetriP-TNT said:
Okay, another question: Shelby Cobra '66, Historic Car Cup. Possible/Impossible, how to tune this piece of shit and how can I stop it from spinning out with every little touch
I think it's an option under the LSD. Play around with acceleration sensitivity. That may or may not help.

TTG

Melfice7 said:
Can we participate on formula gt event with an F1 07 or 10? or has to be a formula gt car?

:(

Since it's been brought up again... If anyone has a formula gt car to trade or borrow. Name your price or whatever you want.

Just think of how ass backwards this is:

1. You don't know that you require that one car until that event. There's no reason to get it ahead of time even if it appears in the lot. And with the nearly 5 mil price tag, you wouldn't just buy it on a whim.

2. The used car lot cycles 6 cars at a time! You could sit there for hours loading and exiting a race and you would still be looking for one car in a thousand. And it's random, it doesn't show up once in a week, once a month, once a fucking full moon.

If they were gonna go this route, they needed to make all the requirements visible from the start of the game. And they should have at least 50 or so cars fill in at every chance and not completely random but according to some price brackets. Or how about you just model a premium one? It's not like you have to go find it, it's your own fantasy car. :lol

I'm happy to say I no longer give a shit about things like this in games. It's just an example of a design philosophy that is antiquated. But, I suppose you got take the good with the bad. If you're gonna love(and I do) an absolutely bonkers insane, amazing vision that makes no compromises anywhere.. there's gonna be some weird odds and ends here and there. That's ok, it's a videogame, not a washing machine or a toaster. It has a bit of soul to it, not all of it is polished to a pristine shine. It's not nuetered or house trained, that's actually fun.

And I think that puts an end to that subject, at least in my mind.

Dead Man

I think this needs to be in the first DLC:
2011 Ferrari 458 GT2

ws5pS.jpg

TTG said:
:(

Since it's been brought up again... If anyone has a formula gt car to trade or borrow. Name your price or whatever you want.

Just think of how ass backwards this is:

1. You don't know that you require that one car until that event. There's no reason to get it ahead of time even if it appears in the lot. And with the nearly 5 mil price tag, you wouldn't just buy it on a whim.

2. The used car lot cycles 6 cars at a time! You could sit there for hours loading and exiting a race and you would still be looking for one car in a thousand. And it's random, it doesn't show up once in a week, once a month, once a fucking full moon.

If they were gonna go this route, they needed to make all the requirements visible from the start of the game. And they should have at least 50 or so cars fill in at every chance and not completely random but according to some price brackets. Or how about you just model a premium one? It's not like you have to go find it, it's your own fantasy car. :lol

I'm happy to say I no longer give a shit about things like this in games. It's just an example of a design philosophy that is antiquated. But, I suppose you got take the good with the bad. If you're gonna love(and I do) an absolutely bonkers insane, amazing vision that makes no compromises anywhere.. there's gonna be some weird odds and ends here and there. That's ok, it's a videogame, not a washing machine or a toaster. It has a bit of soul to it, not all of it is polished to a pristine shine. It's not nuetered or house trained, that's actually fun.

And I think that puts an end to that subject, at least in my mind.
Yeah. I took a couple days away from the game, and I have reconciled myself to it's flaws. I have changed the way I play compared to earlier GT's, and it seems to lessen the rage inducing moments.

Carlisle

Steroyd said:
I really can't be bothered golding all Liscences, Silver would be my limit bar the overtaking ones.
Pretty much this. I started out trying to gold everything, but gave up after a couple hundred or so attempts at B-5 and the game suddenly became infinitely less infuriating and much more fun. I'm going for silvers, which still provides a challenge but not so much as to have me clawing my eyes out when I miss the time by less than a hundredth of a fucking second.

I still try to gold the overtaking tests as well though. And maybe once I'm done with everything I'll go back and try for golds. But not now. Trying to gold a test or event before moving on to the next was indefinitely stalling my progress and killing my enjoyment.

darkwing

PetriP-TNT said:

drive in manual?

user friendly said:
You're probably right, it's all GAF's fault.

Have you turned off ASM? As soon as I did that, it was much easier. The car was still very heavy though.

ASM is locked ON now since the patch, apparently...

CozMick

Banned
Oh My God!

Last lap on Cape Ring, final corner in 2nd place, I tell my B-spec driver to overtake, he nudges the first place AI into the pitlane :lol :lol :lol

Golding all S is easier than ever. None of the overtake tests are too bad and you have very easy bench marks of what place you should be in and where. It also helps that the AI brakes super early and stays single file for the most part.

SmokyDave

Dead Man said:
I think this needs to be in the first DLC:
2011 Ferrari 458 GT2

I]
That is stunning. Hadn't seen that before.

For some reason, DLC hadn't occurred to me until I read your post. Now I have to write 'Sierra RS500 Cosworth' on 50,000 pieces of paper to airdrop over Polyphony HQ.

Top Bottom