• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

darkwing

CozMick said:
Oh My God!

Last lap on Cape Ring, final corner in 2nd place, I tell my B-spec driver to overtake, he nudges the first place AI into the pitlane :lol :lol :lol

funny, in a b-spec race, the AI nudged my driver into the pitlane <_<

Yoritomo

The only difficult one is S-8 but that's because it forces ASM on. You might be able to turn ABS off and it will force ASM off as well. I didn't try it that way.

Dead Man

SmokyDave said:
That is stunning. Hadn't seen that before.

For some reason, DLC hadn't occurred to me until I read your post. Now I have to write 'Sierra RS500 Cosworth' on 50,000 pieces of paper to airdrop over Polyphony HQ.
Yes please!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Tried that one too, didn't seem to work out too well. The only car I've had any degree of success with is the Toyota. I'd buy that fan car... except, well, I haven't seen it and I don't have that sort of money. :lol

Wouldn't be so annoying, but there are so many utterly retarded crashes which happen in the race. :(

I have a chaparrel 'D' '69, the older one. Not sure if its a lot slower than the J but you can try? Or a fully tuned cobra which is supposed to be enough. BTW, you talking about a-spec or b-spec? If b-spec ignore everything I just said because they aren't enough :p Let me know if you want to borrow them

(oh and accepted your friend request. Can you send me that car and I'll see if it shows up in 'my GT home' on the web without switching on the PS3.. )

Yoritomo said:
The only difficult one is S-8 but that's because it forces ASM on. You might be able to turn ABS off and it will force ASM off as well. I didn't try it that way.

You can always force it off during the race right?

darkwing

Armando said:
driving them, the problem is that race games gets boring after a week or so. thats
my expirence

hmm to me though , GT is all about driving a car around the track, cutting off seconds from my personal best while enjoying the driving experience

have you never tried GT before? driving a car you like in the Nurburgring here is a sublime experience

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hey, a gift turned up in my GT home on the web, but it doesn't let me view/accept it (even though the page says thats whats supposed to happen). I guess there are some parts not quite in place yet.

Armando

darkwing said:
hmm to me though , GT is all about driving a car around the track, cutting off seconds from my personal best while enjoying the driving experience

have you never tried GT before? driving a car you like in the Nurburgring here is a sublime experience

Yes GT 4 and forza. maybe is the difficulty level thats why is get bored for me.. i think.
have also hot pursuit same story here.

darkwing

Armando said:
do you mis any cars if you dont do the license tests?

thanks.

afaik, no, you can buy all the cars in the game, except for the Stealth/Chromeline ones which are in the CEs/pre-orders

Armando

darkwing said:
afaik, no, you can buy all the cars in the game, except for the Stealth/Chromeline ones which are in the CEs/pre-orders

another problem is i can't rent the game to try it, here in holland is very rare to find
a place to rent games.

darkwing

Armando said:
another problem is i can't rent the game to try it, here in holland is very rare to find
a place to rent games.

tough one to call then, in GT5, its more of finding your own personal goal, collect all 1000+ cars, gold all the licenses, finish all A-spec races , get all RM cars etc ...

plus the online

Armando said:
a place to rent games.

I think if there is any game that has a chance at holding your attention span for more than a week, it has to be Gran Turismo 5. There is so much in this game that you are a) bound to find something you like, and b) take more than a week just to check out all the stuff that is actually in there. From Rally in the Alps, to weird cars on the Top Gear track, NASCAR, go-karts, learning all about photography, generating tracks, or driving on the Ring with changing weather and day/night - this is the biggest and most varied racing game in existence.

Goldrusher

Armando said:
do you mis any cars if you dont do the license tests?

thanks.
Mazda Eunos (bronze IB license) and Dodge RAM (bronze IA license) are useful cars, as you need both (a Mazda Eunos/MX-5 and a truck) for race events.

patsu

Armando said:
driving them, the problem is that race games gets boring after a week or so. thats
my expirence

I'm not a racing game fan too. Only played Mario Kart, Modnation Racer and MotorStorm off and on. Ignored the rest. I got GT5 and loved it because it's very easy to start and rewards/encourages the player. The driving is strangely fulfilling. I actually don't mind the retries here.

The SambaBus challenge is frustrating at first because the speed is slow, and I tried to Gold it asap. Once I let go and focus on driving carefully, it kinda clicked. The Mercedes challenge is amazing ! It's the exact opposite of the SambaBus challenge. Here I let the car go wild. Am intrigued that the same game can provide drastically different driving experiences. The karting is fun too because it's easy to steer the little thing.

PetriP-TNT said:
A-SPEC LEVEL 24 FINALLY woooo

I got the feeeling that after level 21 it turned into a total grind. I´m at level 22 for four days, doing some stupid 1000-2000xp races in a-spec.

I want to unlock the AMG challenges so i can get a boost in my xp levels, and unlock the endurances, but i don´t think i´ll be able to pass two levels during the weekend.

From 35 to 40 it will be an unbearable grind if they don´t patch xp on online races.

mrklaw said:
I have a chaparrel 'D' '69, the older one. Not sure if its a lot slower than the J but you can try? Or a fully tuned cobra which is supposed to be enough. BTW, you talking about a-spec or b-spec? If b-spec ignore everything I just said because they aren't enough :p Let me know if you want to borrow them
B-Spec. I'm starting to suspect that I'll want my driver at level 30 before trying again.

G Rom

seattle6418 said:
I got the feeeling that after level 21 it turned into a total grind. I´m at level 22 for four days, doing some stupid 1000-2000xp races in a-spec.

I want to unlock the AMG challenges so i can get a boost in my xp levels, and unlock the endurances, but i don´t think i´ll be able to pass two levels during the weekend.

From 35 to 40 it will be an unbearable grind if they don´t patch xp on online races.

Yeah, the pace of leveling is clearly flawed. It took me like three or four days to get to level 24 but I'm pretty much already level 25 in less than 2 hours thanks to getting gold on all expert AMG events (±35 000 XP per gold medal...).
Also got like 1,500,000 Cr. with the AMG events !:lol

Oh and I've finally got the gold cup in the GT All Stars Championship !
I swear, this championship was made to show some of the biggest flaws of the game : the AI not being aware of the player and those fucking terrible collisions. Yesterday, I was so pissed at the terrible collisions that I wanted to throw my PS3 out the window !
I hate it when you're following those goddamn LMP1 and suddenly the car in front brakes (for no reason), you bump into him and by some magical physics of which only Kaz has the secret, your car begins to spin...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today as I'm going through b-spec mode I've only got the last two series in extreme left to do (not including endurance races). So I go into the formula gt series and it's 37 laps per race, for 5 races (and these aren't short tracks either). There's no way I'm going to sit through that :lol :lol
I'd probably have to leave my ps3 on all day just to finish it.
I'm just going to grind until I go up 1 more level, then do the dream car championship, and be done with b-spec mode.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goldrusher said:
Mazda Eunos (bronze IB license) and Dodge RAM (bronze IA license) are useful cars, as you need both (a Mazda Eunos/MX-5 and a truck) for race events.

Unless someone on GAF gifts them to you for an hour. (*cough cough*)

Fuck the license tests.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Printscreen and MS Paint? Does the GT website let you lookup your stats or are you plugging a usb keyboard into your ps3 and pressing printscreen?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Got it working, here's mine:

gt5-1.jpg

I just got the penniless trophy :lol
I guess after b-spec mode I'll work on getting gold on the licence tests

celcius said:
Printscreen and MS Paint? Does the GT website let you lookup your stats or are you plugging a usb keyboard into your ps3 and pressing printscreen?
You haven't seen GT5 MyHome yet have you.

~edit~

Yes, yes you have.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
CozMick said:
@ Bobo, Chubigans, Angst, GodofWine - Sent FR to you guys. :D

Userfriendly, your friends list is full :p

Dead Man - Added

:D
may i add as well? no local friends have gt5 here.......nooobs

Dead Man

AdvanS13 said:
may i add as well? no local friends have gt5 here.......nooobs
Feel free to add me, check my profile for my PSN name.

Semi related, how long does it take for new friends info to show up on the website? I just added a bunch of people (Hi GAF!) but they do not show on the website yet.

T Ghost

user friendly said:
You haven't seen GT5 MyHome yet have you.

~edit~

Yes, yes you have.
How long do this website takes to update? I got the A-License last night but it's not showing on the GT5 home website yet.

BTW, I got another truck, so if anyone needs it I'll lend it WITHOUT a security deposit now.:lol

Also I got the Zero-Dome for the Japanese classic events if anyone needs to borrow it.

Finally if anyone wants to trade a California '08 with upgrades on a Lambo Gallardo, please let me know as I have 2 Californias and Zero Gallardo.

Just finished Dream Car Championship, long ending GET! The last track (Nurburgring 24h) was sweet.

My ID is in my profile if someone wants it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ford GT handles like a freaking tank , I am disappointed. :(

will try to tune it now.

is there any way to have more money when I sell cars ?

Dead Man said:
I think this needs to be in the first DLC:
2011 Ferrari 458 GT2

ws5pS.

there are enough Premium Ferraris already in GT5.

they need more prototype super cars ( Ford GT90 , Maybach Exelero ..ect)

Top Bottom