• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Atruvius

I think I'm unable to get any gear and helmets. Seasonal events' should reward me with gear and helmets, right? Well, they don't. None of the seasonal events have those as rewards. The only rewards I can get are paints for first and second place and and a horn for the third place.

I have gotten few apparels from the seasonal events, but not anymore. Is it just me or does this affect you all too?

And everytime my B-spec driver wins a trophy, it doesn't show up. The gery award bubbles don't light up like I've seen in some pics...

magawolaz said:
From what I understand you get this kind of tickets as birthday gift, so you have to make another PSN account with the date of birth set as today (and year ---> 1967), then go to GT Life and... surprise :) Go to Community > Gift and take the ticket. Then send the ticket to your original PSN account (obviously you need to have it on you friend list). On your account, take the ticket, save the game, backup your save. Use the ticket and look if you get the Miura. If you don't, restore save data via backup and try again until you win the car.

Yesterday a Gaffer (6for8) gave me two 1967 tickets, I won the Miura and the Ford Mark IV *_*
Try ask him for tickets if you don't want to do this whole procedure.

I hope you understand how to do it, sorry for my english
Your English is fine, don't worry.

But this is getting annoying. I got a '67 ticket, made a backup and now it seems like I'm going through all 1967 cars.

I got some old muscle car, a Skyline and the 2D race car, but no Miura so far.

e: I think I'm okay with the 330 P4 ...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Atruvius said:
I think I'm unable to get any gear and helmets. Seasonal events' should reward me with gear and helmets, right? Well, they don't. None of the seasonal events have those as rewards. The only rewards I can get are paints for first and second place and and a horn for the third place.

I have gotten few apparels from the seasonal events, but not anymore. Is it just me or does this affect you all too?

And everytime my B-spec driver wins a trophy, it doesn't show up. The gery award bubbles don't light up like I've seen in some pics...

I think they changed those as they were being exploited.

6for8

brotkasten said:
But this is getting annoying. I got a '67 ticket, made a backup and now it seems like I'm going through all 1967 cars.

I got some old muscle car, a Skyline and the 2D race car, but no Miura so far.

For the best results you need 3 flash drives and a subaccount on your PS3. When you create your new account use the current day so you get a bonus birthday ticket.

2 of the flash drives are for your main account, one for your subaccount. There can only be one GT5 save on a flash drive and a subaccount save can overwrite a main account save. Writing MAIN and SUB on your drives is a good idea. The extra flash drive is your backup save of your main account. Update it once a week or so.

One thing to watch out for is if you have the gift light flashing do not quit the game and backup your save. If you reenter the game and receive your gift then restore your save, you can glitch that flashing light so it never shuts off. Receive your gifts first.

StepByStep

I send a ticket to your main account. You receive the gifts, save the game and quit. Backup your save to flash. Start the game and send that ticket to your SubAccount, quit game and restore save

Log into your subaccount and switch to your subaccount flashdrive. Receive your ticket, quit game and save it to the flash. Now you can send the same ticket to your main account every day.

3 days later you will have 4 67 tickets. Backup that save and open the tickets until you get the car you want. No luck? Restore save and try again. I have used 20 ticket 1000 and a keyboard to get a specific 0miles car. 6 attempts and winner.

CozMick

Banned
The weirdest thing is happening right now,

I restart the game to continue my endurance race and as usual the AI takes control to guide me into the pits, except this time it missed the pits and veered off over the grass, at this point the AI goes mental and tries to enter through the pit wall towards the start/finish line, once it's continued to bash it's way up the start/finish straight it goes and does another lap like in B-Spec...............

Except he won't enter the pits, he's doing the race for me...............

Now I have to sit here and watch the AI win an A-Spec race for me :\ :lol

God only knows what's gonna happen when he runs out of fuel...

CozMick

Banned
Syn23 said:
We want to know how this ended.

Dreadfully!

3 hours and 54 minutes into a 4 hour race and I get taken over because I have no fuel and my grip was completely gone.

finished 4th

I initially continued from the 2 hour mark with a 13 lap lead :\

:'(

F#A#Oo

Banned
F#A#Oo said:
Anyone know hwo you turn off custom soundtrack?

No one?

My sister put Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Lopez on my PS3...You cannot imagine the suffering I'm going through when playing GT5... :(

F#A#Oo said:
No one?

My sister put Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Lopez on my PS3...You cannot imagine the suffering I'm going through when playing GT5... :(
Now I really don't want to tell you how to do it, sorry. :lol

STG

is there really no other way to get the "GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09" except doing S license all gold?

I want that car but I can't do those license tests that good :/

krioto

STG said:
is there really no other way to get the "GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09" except doing S license all gold?

I want that car but I can't do those license tests that good :/

These tests are no longer as strict as they were at launch - I can't remember which update it was, but you can now actually 'hit/touch' the other cars - not ram, but it's not as tough as before.

6for8

2scoops said:
Is that one paintable?

Almost certain you can't paint them. I put in some time collecting them so if I could have just painted them, I am an idiot. I have a dark green, blue, red, white, black and the playstation model. Could be a yellow one out there as well.

You can get them with a '09 ticket.

2scoops

6for8 said:
Almost certain you can't paint them. I put in some time collecting them so if I could have just painted them, I am an idiot. I have a dark green, blue, red, white, black and the playstation model. Could be a yellow one out there as well.

You can get them with a '09 ticket.

Sounds good, thanks. Do you know if it pops up in the UCD? I've never seen it, or mabye i missed it a few times. Such a nice car...

6for8

2scoops said:
Sounds good, thanks. Do you know if it pops up in the UCD? I've never seen it, or mabye i missed it a few times. Such a nice car...

I bought 4 from the UCD. The playstation model has appeared multiple times and I believe it was in the online dealership for a couple of weeks. Along with the 2d, this need to be premium.

2scoops

6for8 said:
I bought 4 from the UCD. The playstation model has appeared multiple times and I believe it was in the online dealership for a couple of weeks. Along with the 2d, this need to be premium.

Agreed. Although, for it being a standard model, it looks pretty damn good. But yes, they should have been premiums for sure!

B.K.

I got the game a few days ago and have played a couple hours of it. Is there a point to the License tests in 5? In the other games, you had to have the licenses to do a race, but now, your driver level determines what races you can be in. Are license tests pointless now?

Dead Man

B.K. said:
I got the game a few days ago and have played a couple hours of it. Is there a point to the License tests in 5? In the other games, you had to have the licenses to do a race, but now, your driver level determines what races you can be in. Are license tests pointless now?
Pretty much. They can be fun, but there is no real point in terms of game progression.

krioto

Update incoming 27.10.2011.

From GTPlanet:

'We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice
2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.
3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.
Many more minor adjustments have been made, but something like this.'

krioto said:
Update incoming 27.10.2011.

From GTPlanet:

'We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice'

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAH

Finally buying dlc brb

Top Bottom