• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

EL Beefo

Totobeni said:
so Mini is german in the game ( guess that right thing since it's belong to BMW now ) but Lotus still British and not Malaysian..Why ?

Only the Lotus F1 team is from Malaysia, the actual manufacturer that makes the road cars is still in the UK.

GodofWine

Bobo said:
EDIT: Because I am very childish:D here are my b-spec drivers names... T.Watts / H.Potter / J.Van Damme

I have Z Wang and I Hertz...Team Wang Hertz, or Team Hertz Wang....

Hertz is good, Wang is a bit of a d*ck. :lol

They probably chose B-Spec because it gives everyone that owns that version of the game a chance to win the car. If it were a competition that was played in A-Spec then that would greatly reduce the number as there's no way even a good GT player can hang with the top level players. This isn't like the GT Academy, so they don't need someone that's actually good at driving to win the car.

darkwing

captscience said:
I want to see videos of people raging at their drivers in this competition.

I get pissed enough when my boy blows a lead. I couldn't imagine watching when a real super car's on the line!

there'll will be gnashing and screaming when first place B. Bob on the last lap spins and just waits for the other drivers to pass by :lol

expy

Banned
Mush said:
Actually, I have one in my lot right now if you'd like me to pick it up? I also have the Eclipse GT '95 as well.
Don't know if it's still in your lot or not >_> But yea, if it is please! :lol

Three more things two add to the Kaz twitter requests if anyone gets a chance:

1. Smoke, debris, skidmarks in rear view mirror in "bumper cam" (even body panels disappear off the track when in this view. They can be seen if you cycle the views).

2. A mark all function for garage and photos, this way it would be less frustrating to mark all your cars for use in arcade mode (favourites), and adding photos to XMB.

3. Allow the ability to set assists globally for all cars/races.

There are more, but these are the most frustrating to me at the moment. Almost slightly game breaking IMO.

darkwing

evil_as_skeletor said:
Three more things two add to the Kaz twitter requests if anyone gets a chance:

1. Smoke, debris, skidmarks in rear view mirror in "bumper cam" (even body panels disappear off the track when in this view. They can be seen if you cycle the views).

2. A mark all function for garage and photos, this way it would be less frustrating to mark all your cars for use in arcade mode (favourites), and adding photos to XMB.

3. Allow the ability to set assists globally for all cars/races.

There are more, but these are the most frustrating to me at the moment. Almost slightly game breaking IMO.

don't forget how to know you already bought the car <_<

never mind the leaderboards because it is coming

^^^
ha ha ha, yeah no shit!

Also I might add a fourth:

4. Save option for tunes (which are limited adjustment-wise anyway), so you know what gearing to use for all tracks. If there is no practice/ qualifying, then give us this option!

darkwing

SolidSnakex said:
They probably chose B-Spec because it gives everyone that owns that version of the game a chance to win the car. If it were a competition that was played in A-Spec then that would greatly reduce the number as there's no way even a good GT player can hang with the top level players. This isn't like the GT Academy, so they don't need someone that's actually good at driving to win the car.

this is a good answer, i even thought it was a raffle

dwebo

evil_as_skeletor said:
^^^
ha ha ha, yeah no shit!

Also I might add a fourth:

4. Save option for tunes (which are limited adjustment-wise anyway), so you know what gearing to use for all tracks. If there is no practice/ qualifying, then give us this option!
They even had this in Prologue (three per car IIRC). I used to think GT5P's tuning window was needlessly complex, since it was just one long window of numbers, but after wading through GT5's endless tuning tabs, I'd kill to have the option for a streamlined version again.

test_account

XP-39C²
darkwing said:
this is a good answer, i even thought it was a raffle
Same here, i thought it was a raffle too. I've heard that there is a code on the note/paper that is included, so i thought that you just had to enter that code somewhere to enter the raffle.

so i grinded that shitty indy race in the american championship so i could bask in the glory of the f10, but the car sinks into the tarmac on all tracks causing massive shaking in the wheel. :lol

fix this shit. it makes it unplayable for me.

does the formula gt, f12007 and the x1 sink into the track?

expy

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
so i grinded that shitty indy race in the american championship so i could bask in the glory of the f10, but the car sinks into the tarmac on all tracks causing massive shaking in the wheel. :lol

You mess around with the suspension?

expy said:
You mess around with the suspension?

i've played around with it to try and fix it but it's just bugged.

the wheels sink into the tarmac up to the green ring on the tyres in certain sections of all tracks. needs fixing asap. and no ride height adjustments? :lol

could you adjust the ride height of the f12007 in prologue?

dwebo

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Didn't notice it so much in the formula gt, but there was some serious wheel shake in the x1, especially at speed. Do you have active steering on strong? I found that made x1 wobble even worse, unplayable really. It disappeared when set on mild/off so I have to imagine that's a bug (there was still a lot of wheel shake, but it was drivable at least).

B-Spec zzzzzzz got couple of levels today though. Now I need to grind for two races or win that damn British Roadcars one (I got the cars, but my driver can't handle 'em). Level 16 now

dwebo said:
Didn't notice it so much in the formula gt, but there was some serious wheel shake in the x1, especially at speed. Do you have active steering on strong? I found that made x1 wobble even worse, unplayable really. It disappeared when set on mild/off so I have to imagine that's a bug (there was still a lot of wheel shake, but it was drivable at least).

no, i drive with all driver aids off.

it sounds like the open wheeled cars are only effected by this.

did they test this game?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bloody rain. How are you supposed to know whether it's inter or full rain tyre weather from a few drops of rain on the screen before the race starts? Doing the formula GT and it's raining at Suzuka. First I put inters on. Then I laugh as the AI start on racing hards and fall miles behind on the first lap. I jump into the 2nd place car just in time to see him slide sideways into the pit entrance, blocking it and causing everyone else to crash into him.

After watching them eventually pit, I casually switch back to my driver, only to find he also just pitted for full rain tyres. Hey, bastard, I didn't tell you to pit. He was fine on the inters too, he's on,y going three seconds a lap quicker on full wets

So it seems you have a 'pit strategy' button which is more like a 'pit suggestion' button because if he doesn't like it, he'll pit anyway. Stupid arse.

Grayman

Wax Free Vanilla said:

does it happen at all speeds? my driving force pro got really shaky in GT5 and 5p, especially if I was using 180 degree lock for racing cars.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Can they just patch b-spec mode out of the game? Or at least take out the trophies associated with it? Seriously this mood is frustrating and just plain boring. No, I don't want to leave my PS3 on all night while my virtual driver does whatever he does. It's not fun or interesting in the least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, these Grant Tour challenges are hard.Doesn't help the Alfa in the Alps turns like a boat on those narrow switchbacks and makes me lose 10 to 15 seconds behind the Gold. >:|

jiggles

Banned
I just did the Tuscan Night Race in the Grand Tour.

What the fuck is this shit? When did the PS4 come out and where did you put my old console?

You people ignoring B-spec are gonna have a hell of a time when it comes time to start grinding for money. Embrace B-spec, don't you work B-spec, make B-spec work for you.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Wow, these Grant Tour challenges are hard.Doesn't help the Alfa in the Alps turns like a boat on those narrow switchbacks and makes me lose 10 to 15 seconds behind the Gold. >:|

Oh no....Seks, remember how much you hated that damn Top Gear Lotus challenge?

Well...prepare to hate the Alfa on Eiger time trial even more... It took me almost 2 hours to get gold on that event, and when I did it was only by 0.2 seconds. Definitely was the hardest challenge in the game for me so far.

My settings were:

TCS - 1
ASM - Off
ABS - 1
F Brakes - 7
R Brakes - 10

Grayman

TheSeks said:
I have a lot of trouble with the night race. I could not find that track to practice in a slower car to learn it either.

On a positive note, the grand tour challenges are the best game structure ever put into a GT.

Grayman

weekend_warrior said:
You people ignoring B-spec are gonna have a hell of a time when it comes time to start grinding for money. Embrace B-spec, don't you work B-spec, make B-spec work for you.
making b spec work for me was much easier when it was not a separate mode, hid any stat progression, and did not require its own progression.

weekend_warrior said:
Even the best bspec race (money wise) is a waste of time compared to most aspec stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Oh no....Seks, remember how much you hated that damn Top Gear Lotus challenge?

smh.

Well...prepare to hate the Alfa on Eiger time trial even more...

SMH.

My settings were:

TCS - 1
ASM - Off
ABS - 1
F Brakes - 7
R Brakes - 10

I'll attempt it in a little bit then.

weekend_warrior said:
Not when you don't have to do anything to win. :lol
But at best you're going to get 200k credits if you leave it on overnight... that's not even 20 minutes in an appropriate aspec race.

I don't really see it as much more use than just for unlocking the bspec rewards.

Top Bottom