• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

avaya

KennyLinder said:
Same here, I am getting 1.29s and even 1.27s but can't catch No.1. I am using a stock GT-R with oil change which look me right up to the limit. Then weight reductions, suspension, gearing and chassis. I am about 10 second behind I think.

Tyres?

I did consistent laps within 1:27.3 - 1:28.4, you should be able to win with that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
-viper- said:
It is. The dummy account trick sounds tedious and too time consuming. Factor in the load times and I feel the time wasted there could be equally well spent on the Indy speedway.
I need the most efficient b-spec credit grind. If i have to grind for crd its, I want someone else to do it for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck, the SSR5 race is deadly. Tweaked GT-R and I can't get better than 6-4th. At least I got to level 19. Time to do the Hitlermobile Top Gear Challenge.

I'll do the special events over the weeks to attempt to gold them all. The GT-R's 1million is taunting me. :(

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
Fuck, the SSR5 race is deadly. Tweaked GT-R and I can't get better than 6-4th. At least I got to level 19. Time to do the Hitlermobile Top Gear Challenge.

I'll do the special events over the weeks to attempt to gold them all. The GT-R's 1million is taunting me. :(

Dont forget you can take sport softs

avaya

mrklaw said:
I need the most efficient b-spec credit grind. If i have to grind for crd its, I want someone else to do it for me.

I'm on L22 on a-spec, but I'm assuming the Minolta/ZR1-RM should be able to thrash anything on an oval so Like The Wind or American Series might be best.

EDIT: FGT or Ferrari single seaters should be able to do better as well.

avaya

-viper- said:
lol all the money i won from the SS5 event is lost. my ps3 froze (FUCKING IN GAME XMB) and it didn't save.

This happened to me during licenses. Except it just crashed straight.

avaya said:
Indy is more efficient in terms of how quickly you get stuff back. In terms of work done i.e. as little tedious grinding as possible, the other method is much more desirable for several people. Also a good method for re-winning prize cars :D

I guess Indy doesn't really bother for 5 laps especially after doing the Indy 500 twice now. Fussing with gifting once per day and making sub accounts etc is far more tedious to me.

Once holiday level Cr. goes away I might jump on board the Seasonal Exploit. That or being able to gift cashiers checks :lol

Anyone who has done the SSR5 event with the SpecV wanna trade it with mine? The oil change made its BHP go over the limit and I don't wanna buy another one :/

TheSeks

Melfice7 said:
Dont forget you can take sport softs

That's how I got to 4th. Driving "blind" is annoying. And not to mention your car is outclassed by the higher HP than your entry HP 1/2/3. So the 1st place will be halfway down the track by the time you reach 2nd. :|

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone who has done the SSR5 event with the SpecV wanna trade it with mine? The oil change made its BHP go over the limit and I don't wanna buy another one :/

My Spec-V went to 502 BHP after oil change. :|

-viper-

Banned
alterno69 said:
I need some setting for my GTR 07 for the season event please, best i managed was a fourth place
I bought a sports manifest and a sports air intake.

Custom tranmission. Gearing to 180mph.

As a guide, lap times of 1 minute 28 seconds should do it. Thats how I won the event

MMaRsu

I'm lvl 12, anybody who can gift me a good car to win some of these challenges with? Seasonal stuff? How hard is it?

PSN : MMaRsu

-viper-

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
i can send my one if you want it.

Oh yeah I have the Sports Softs too. I think it must be in the suspension setup, and my lack of skills :D

I have the gearing set to 170mph which is about right before you need to brake for the corner + tunnel.

-viper-

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Oh yeah I have the Sports Softs too. I think it must be in the suspension setup, and my lack of skills :D

I have the gearing set to 170mph which is about right before you need to brake for the corner + tunnel.
slipstream the other cars. if i can do it, so can everyone else :p i'm probably the worst driver on this entire board.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wouldn't a lighter GTR be better? The spec v '09 is too heavy at the BHP limit, if you can get something near to the weight limit and 490BHP it should walk it

mrklaw

MrArseFace
MMaRsu said:
I'm lvl 12, anybody who can gift me a good car to win some of these challenges with? Seasonal stuff? How hard is it?

Just buy a fiat 500 for 23k or honda crz for not much. Then buy the higher cars with the prize money

avaya

gutterboy44 said:
I guess Indy doesn't really bother for 5 laps especially after doing the Indy 500 twice now. Fussing with gifting once per day and making sub accounts etc is far more tedious to me.

Once holiday level Cr. goes away I might jump on board the Seasonal Exploit. That or being able to gift cashiers checks :lol

Yeah I wouldn't put time into if I had to set up these accounts. Luckily I had them setup years ago.

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
That's how I got to 4th. Driving "blind" is annoying. And not to mention your car is outclassed by the higher HP than your entry HP 1/2/3. So the 1st place will be halfway down the track by the time you reach 2nd. :|

Just finished that race again and i overtook the 1st place in the beginning of the last lap

V4maM.gif

:D

AndyD

aka andydumi
thuway said:
There should be an option to install the entire game to the HDD. Just have the disc in the console for "authentification" purposes. It would dramatically reduce load times.

Some devs have said that would actually slow some games. Apparently they can code for dual streaming from disc and drive at once which would be faster than drive only or disc only. Rather than seek on disc or drive, they can dual stream.

How that applies to GT, I don't know, but I guess its not guaranteed to be faster.

TheSeks

MMaRsu said:

...The cars are cheap. Just grind a low level race for the Fiat 500 '08, then grind some cash to tune it. After you place (doesn't matter) you'll have more than enough cash for the other cars to buy/tune and place.

I'm not even fully silver yet and I'm 1,000,000+ credits just from the special events.

Thank you, based Kaz.

Meanwhile: Holy shit at the Kubelwagon Top Gear Challenge. I'm not sure if the patch fixed that, those of you that have ran it pre-patch know what I'm talking about, but it seems to happen less often with the patch applied. Took me 10 tries to get to first and I had to knock a few of the bastards out of the way but I did it without that coming into the picture.

But I gotta say that first turn was "Oh... boy..." and then taking first on the hammerhead I'm like "OH PLEASE NO OH PLEASE OH PLEASE NO..." :lol

WHOA Was not expecting to come first in the Challenger seasonal. I was content with 2nd but I accidentally bombed passed the Chevelle about half a second before the line.

750K for me :D

Edit:

MMaRsu said:

Do you want a Dodge Challenger w/ customisable transmission and air filter? It's pretty cheap to buy and modify though, if you're lvl 12 you should be able to afford it.

TheSeks

Melfice7 said:
Just finished that race again and i overtook the 1st place in the beginning of the last lap

:D

I so very mad, man. I want your magical car because I can't drive that track worth a damn.

That and the Honda pissing me off. I swear Kaz made the overpowered cars to piss me off because as soon as I take 4th, there is a huge ass gap between three, two, AND one.

Melfice7

Btw what if we copy our save to other account? then we can buy whatever car we need and send to the main account right? O: then delete the save and copy it again xD

TheSeks

Melfice7 said:
Btw what if we copy our save to other account? then we can buy whatever car we need and send to the main account right? O: then delete the save and copy it again xD

nope.avi.dll.exe.mp3.7z.rar

Melfice7 said:

You're quite persistent aren't you? :lol

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
I so very mad, man. I want your magical car because I can't drive that track worth a damn.

Drive aggressively man, dont be afraid of losing control its a fucking GTR, it drives itself xD

fu3lfr3nzy said:
You're quite persistent aren't you? :lol

I gotta exploit some stuff im frustrated :D .. in the last few days i've been leaving my 3 awesome pilots racing endurances so i could get to level 30.. and then i was faced with the horror that is the X1 T_T

MMaRsu

Mechanical Snowman said:
WHOA Was not expecting to come first in the Challenger seasonal. I was content with 2nd but I accidentally bombed passed the Chevelle about half a second before the line.

750K for me :D

Edit:

Do you want a Dodge Challenger w/ customisable transmission and air filter? It's pretty cheap to buy and modify though, if you're lvl 12 you should be able to afford it.

Yeah I actually just bought a Dodge Challenger because the one I already had was customized to hell and way too fast for that challenge. So I just bought and and I put a new transmission and air filter on it, should be able to win this now easily :D.

turnbuckle

LabouredSubterfuge said:
GAF help me!!!!

How do you win the Daytona race on the NASCAR extreme series????

It was a pain, what worked for me was turning ABS off (all assists, actually), lowered the downforce as much as possible, and just sit in last place until the final lap. Impossible to hold a lead there and the AI has a deathwish, but drafting through the final lap should get you first pretty easily.

Also, making sure my oil was clean. I failed that race so many times trying different settings that I had to change my oil twice throughout the struggle.

NeoUltima

LabouredSubterfuge said:
GAF help me!!!!

How do you win the Daytona race on the NASCAR extreme series????
Turn off ABS if its not already.
Are they spinning you out? I intentionally kept behind the pack until the last two laps, then just pass them all quick before the finish.
edit: beat, and /w the same strategy :lol

MMaRsu said:
Yeah I actually just bought a Dodge Challenger because the one I already had was customized to hell and way too fast for that challenge. So I just bought and and I put a new transmission and air filter on it, should be able to win this now easily :D.
Yeah that's what I had to do, but you can never have too many Challengers :D Good luck with the race.

Someone mentioned having the GT HD menu music a while back, have you got it shared online anywhere? It was awesome! The XMB music for GT HD was mint too (was it the same, I forget).

turnbuckle

NeoUltima said:
Turn off ABS if its not already.
Are they spinning you out? I intentionally kept behind the pack until the last two laps, then just pass them all quick before the finish.
edit: beat, and /w the same strategy :lol

I know pretty much nothing about cars besides driving (and even less about NASCAR) so I'm always amazed by how much the default settings make cars and races more challenging. Jeff Gordon's challenges were a nightmare until I learned that the default settings were working against me.

Makes me wish I understood the stuff a lot more...I'm sure using the default suspension and LDS settings even after buying the fully adjustable parts isn't always the best option :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I just played the Nurburg 24hr event in pitch black, in the rain, without any HUD.

agreebyrd.gif

This game is on a whole nother' level without any HUD. There's literally nothing between you and the driving...it's just a great experience, especially at night. Whoa.

KennyLinder said:
Someone mentioned having the GT HD menu music a while back, have you got it shared online anywhere? It was awesome! The XMB music for GT HD was mint too (was it the same, I forget).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa44Eje71FU

turnbuckle said:
I know pretty much nothing about cars besides driving (and even less about NASCAR) so I'm always amazed by how much the default settings make cars and races more challenging. Jeff Gordon's challenges were a nightmare until I learned that the default settings were working against me.

Makes me wish I understood the stuff a lot more...I'm sure using the default suspension and LDS settings even after buying the fully adjustable parts isn't always the best option :(

Youtube is a great resource for learning about the physics of car driving. There is an awesome one on how a differential works. I'll try and find it..

Top Bottom