• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Goldrusher

Hanmik said:
ok please post your settings for golding the seasonal events.. I obviously suck at tuning cars and use the right settings..
Here are my cars... no idea if these are the best options, but I won every event.

1. 500 SS '08
- window weight reduction
- sports intake manifold
- custom transmission (140 kph)

2. CR-Z α '10
- window weight reduction, carbon bonnet
- sports intake manifold

3. RX-7 GT-X '90
- rear wing (20)
- catalytic converter sports

4. Challenger '70
- racing air filter
- custom transmission (240 kph)

5. GT-R spec V '09
- weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, carbon bonnet, rigidity improvement
- sports intake manifold
- sports exhaust manifold

Hanmik

Goldrusher said:
1. 500 SS '08
- window weight reduction
- sports intake manifold
- custom transmission (140 kph)

2. CR-Z α '10
- window weight reduction, carbon bonnet
- sports intake manifold

3. RX-7 GT-X '90
- rear wing (20)
- catalytic converter sports

4. Challenger '70
- racing air filter
- custom transmission (240 kph)

5. GT-R spec V '09
- weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, carbon bonnet, rigidity improvement
- sports intake manifold

You my friend is my Hero of the day.. will try these tonight, when I finally can get more than 1½ hour off playtime into this game post patch.. thank you Goldrusher..!

dwebo

Hanmik said:
You my friend is my Hero of the day.. will try these tonight, when I finally can get more than 1½ hour off playtime into this game post patch.. thank you Goldrusher..!
There's always skid force recovery, too. Also, turn off TCS.

amar212

My take, minimal spending, maximum efficiency.

1. 500 SS '08
- Blue Air-Filter
- 5-speed-short tranny

2. CR-Z α '10
- stock

3. RX-7 GT-X '90
- stock

4. Challenger '70
- custom transmission (270 kmh)

5. GT-R spec V '09
- weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, carbon bonnet
- Sport Soft Tyres

All races won on last lap with more than 3 seconds gap, except for F500 where it was matter of 0.200 gap.

Goldrusher

supermackem said:
Christ what level do you have to get your b spec driver before he wins a race:lol Like 11 races now and best hes done is second.
Make sure you keep him in his "comfort zone". If your driver's character looks like this in the driver screen:

[--------X------------------------]

Try to keep it like that during the race.

I fuckin love you anonymous alonso :lol (my fake 'nando driver)

P1000362.jpg

Luckily the 2J/Toyota 7 combo werent the ones that started the front of the grid so the GT40/P4/Corvette were a helluva lot easier to overtake.

Even had a 15 second gap at the end :D

Level 17 prize was whatevs though (Genki Silvia) but I'm just glad this is over!

Goldrusher said:
Make sure you keep him in his "comfort zone". If your driver's character looks like this in the driver screen:

[--------X------------------------]

Try to keep it like that during the race.

My dude tends to start off all the way to the other side and stays there most of the race.:lol Won his first race after 13 retries of the first race in the game.:lol He seems to have turned into the stig now like.

Shaneus

Y. Yamauchi cracked the sads when I put him in a lower-level race and he won by over a lap in a 200bhp+ faster car than the competition. For my second race in this Euro Classics championship, I'm giving the seat to S. Yamauchi. At least he'll be fucking grateful... it's his first race :lol

PS. Those season ones are giving me the shits. Second in the Fiat race and third in the CR-Z (though I know I can get at least second in that... it was due to a monumental cock-up). So time consuming but so rewarding... I hate you, Kaz!

offshore

KennyLinder said:
I can't wait for next months events, it would be cool if they introduce the new BMW 1 Series M Coupe with its own event! :)
Yeah, these events could really go places. PD could open it up to manufacturers to set their own events; kind of like the AMG Academy. And of course the bonus for manufacturers would be that you would have to use one of their cars...always a plus point. Like you say, they could be tools to introduce new cars.

The possibilities are endless.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UFRA said:
Wow, drifting is harder than I thought.

I have an FD RX-7 and a BMW Z4 as my drift cars that I spent 3 hours messing with tonight.

My BMW is far superior to the RX-7 since it's much more stable during a drift and doesn't try to kill itself. However it still feels too "grippy" and I need to tune it a bit more to perfect it.

The RX-7 just spins out like crazy. I tried 4 different set-ups based on GTP guy suggestions, and none of them were that great. Just when I thought it was going well the thing spins out, or suddenly gains traction and snaps me to the opposite direction and I'm off the track.

Very hard with a wheel to countersteer really quickly.

As for my birthday car for today, I got a premium 1988 Toyota Supra. Not too bad. ;)
could you post some drift settings for the z4? Standard or m?

dwebo

offshore said:
Yeah, these events could really go places. PD could open it up to manufacturers to set their own events; kind of like the AMG Academy. And of course the bonus for manufacturers would be that you would have to use one of their cars...always a plus point. Like you say, they could be tools to introduce new cars.

The possibilities are endless.
I just hope they add in a stock tuning setting, or make engine/weight upgrades non-permanent. Lucked out this group since I didn't own any of the cars except an rm'd Challenger, but the tight restrictions are going to get progressively more annoying as people's garages fill up.

B-Spec is confusing the shit outta me ._.

Yesterday, La Sarthe was raining(Dream Car Championship) so before the race even started, I already equipped the rain tires but when the race started, my driver wanted to pit and change tires(wth)

Today, Monza is raining in the same championship, so I'm like "hmm, he didnt like rain tires so I'll leave hard tires then", race starts and he wants to pit and switch to rain tires.

. . .

krioto

Got all golds on the seasonal - the GTR one is tricky with stock GTR07, so needed to reduce some weight and then realised I was using sport hard tyres!

The fiat race is nice - I think aero kits make a nice difference on all the cars.

These seasonal races are a really great idea - get's you driving some cars that I would not normally have chosen.

Melfice7

fu3lfr3nzy said:

Yesterday, La Sarthe was raining(Dream Car Championship) so before the race even started, I already equipped the rain tires but when the race started, my driver wanted to pit and change tires(wth)

Today, Monza is raining in the same championship, so I'm like "hmm, he didnt like rain tires so I'll leave hard tires then", race starts and he wants to pit and switch to rain tires.

. . .

The AI takes over and autopits but you can cancel it on the commands "stop pit" or something

offshore

dwebo said:
I just hope they add in a stock tuning setting, or make engine/weight upgrades non-permanent. Lucked out this group since I didn't own any of the cars except an rm'd Challenger, but the tight restrictions are going to get progressively more annoying as people's garages fill up.
They could, and probably should, make future events like licence tests, whereby they prepare the car for you. And then if you like the car, you can go buy it later on. That way you aren't going back and forth between dealerships and tuning, etc, etc.
fu3lfr3nzy said:

. . .
When I start B-Spec properly, I look foward to this hilarity ensuing :lol

Manp

so why i ca't name my B-spec driver? i can only chose from random generated names it seems. maybe i'm just dumb but i can't figure it out :(

:)

Manp said:
so why i ca't name my B-spec driver? i can only chose from random generated names it seems. maybe i'm just dumb but i can't figure it out :(

:)

Yeah, you have to pick from random names PD throws at you.

Takes me a few hours just to find a name sometimes -.-'

Melfice7

CozMick said:
Is there any gain from having 2 drivers in a race?

Does it give cash/XP for both drivers?

Just XP for both, i made 2 extra drivers to do some endurances, they are already almost the same level as my first driver :O

CozMick

Banned
supermackem said:
Your getting greedy now mick.:lol

Got to level 22 last night and it gave me the option to have 2 drivers in a race, but I didn't bite, gonna wait til I've been to the toon :lol

MMaRsu

Goddamn I love my R8 so much. It's been upgraded so much it's a goddamn beast. Winning races with this car is easy peasy lemon squeasy.

CozMick said:
Got to level 22 last night and it gave me the option to have 2 drivers in a race, but I didn't bite, gonna wait til I've been to the toon :lol

Wondered why you werent online. Giz a shout when you get back xbl chat room it up.:lol

CozMick

Banned
supermackem said:
Wondered why you werent online. Giz a shout when you get back xbl chat room it up.:lol

Sweet, got me wheel set up as well, defo some online races when I get back like.

I've discovered false starts for online races :D

CozMick said:
Sweet, got me wheel set up as well, defo some online races when I get back like.

I've discovered false starts for online races :D

hahaha ive discovered the crack that is b spec with a custom soundtrack running been on it all morning.:lol

Shaneus

Fuck, B-Spec starting specs (or mood, haven't worked it out yet) makes such a difference. Did a race with a mid-cool character and an overpowered car, came 7th after spinning out on the same two or three corners on Suzuka. Created a new driver on the aggressive end (noticed he had some decent cornering skills too, whether that made a difference or not) but he managed to take the lead in the same race after two or three corners and held it without fucking another corner. I've learned my lesson... go aggressive!

D. Day will be a champion driver, just you watch.

Stupid Mark Webber clone! my driver is such a pansy in the rain.

Compared to Schumacher and Alonso(other b-spec drivers) who blast through the Nurburging 24hr in the rain like its dry tarmac, Webber drives like a friggin grandma and corners as SLOW as possible. Not the best place to drive slow in every corner, considering this track has ALOT of corners to get through -_-

This is gonna take awhile :lol

Dead Man

fu3lfr3nzy said:

. . .
This happened to me for the first time today. Monza was raining, so I started on rain tyres, and he kept on wanting to pit for slicks. All the other cars were on hard racing tyres and stayed on the,. I think there is a glitch where it shows rain but the track physics are not changed.

Dead Man said:
This happened to me for the first time today. Monza was raining, so I started on rain tyres, and he kept on wanting to pit for slicks. All the other cars were on hard racing tyres and stayed on the,. I think there is a glitch where it shows rain but the track physics are not changed.

Thats probably it. The AI drivers in my races NEVER use rain tires from the get go so theyre always crawling around the track and pit after the first lap :lol

Bobo

Right, so... I recently discovered that the HKS Hypermax has no headlights or window wipers. (when tuning goes too far lol) so what better track to take this beast to? The Nurburgring... at night and in the rain... cockpit view with no HUD. I urge everyone to try it. :D

Melfice7 said:
Finally beat the b-spec NASCAR championship

Problem?
XQ4Bc.png

edit: ticket level 21.. drum roll please

Did you have the same problem I had on the Grand Valley Speedway race where the tyres deteriorated too quickly and the car kept spinning out??

Melfice7

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Did you have the same problem I had on the Grand Valley Speedway race where the tyres deteriorated too quickly and the car kept spinning out??

Not if you just keep lowering the pace and go for the occasional overtake when you see a chance, by the last 2 laps the other cars were spinning on the tough corners and i overtook most of them.. but only managed 3rd place xD

Ticket 1000 got me the mitsi HSR. Not so bad but could have been much more handy, like a 2j or a Toyota 7 :-(. Oh well.
Guys, can you use a contact fully maxed for the historic racing car cup? If not, what should I buy?

Shaneus

That sport truck race is the biggest piss-off ever. The B-Spec page even has the gall to say "An excellent race for beginners". Which beginners? The ones that can afford to drop 200k on upgrading some POS vehicle that can realistically only be used in one series?

Fuck you, Polyphony.

And even after fuck-knows how many upgrades, it still manages to *barely* be the same speed as the other trucks around Daytona.

Melfice7 said:
Not if you just keep lowering the pace and go for the occasional overtake when you see a chance, by the last 2 laps the other cars were spinning on the tough corners and i overtook most of them.. but only managed 3rd place xD

Ah okay, did you manage gold on Daytona?

evil_as_skeletor said:
Ticket 1000 got me the mitsi HSR. Not so bad but could have been much more handy, like a 2j or a Toyota 7 :-(. Oh well.
Guys, can you use a contact fully maxed for the historic racing car cup? If not, what should I buy?

You should use Toyota 7. I am serious. That race is just bullshit.

dwebo

Shaneus said:
That sport truck race is the biggest piss-off ever. The B-Spec page even has the gall to say "An excellent race for beginners". Which beginners? The ones that can afford to drop 200k on upgrading some POS vehicle that can realistically only be used in one series?

Fuck you, Polyphony.

And even after fuck-knows how many upgrades, it still manages to *barely* be the same speed as the other trucks around Daytona.
You could always just go back and do it later when credits are less of an issue. I mean, I had to overtune basically every car for my b-spec idiots to win so you get used to it after awhile :lol

Shaneus

dwebo said:
You could always just go back and do it later when credits are less of an issue. I mean, I had to overtune basically every car for my b-spec idiots to win so you get used to it after awhile :lol
It's just that... I'm addicted :lol

It's all done now (thank FUCK! Happy to gift to someone if they need, so long as it's a boomerang) but it's just frustrating that a B-Spec driver NEVER wins because he's skilled enough to do so, it's because you've exploited the restrictions of the race to the point where the car is usually twice (if not moreso) the power of the competitors. Where's the fun in that?

The one good thing to come out of it is that I got to check out the Online Collector's Dealership that was patched in. Made the hard-to-find RAM very easy to acquire. Stoked with that aspect, at least.

For anyone who is having trouble with some events feel free to send me a replay. I can look over them and let you know where you are loosing the most time or some other glaring technique issues.

It is like proof reading English papers, but with cars.

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:
For anyone who is having trouble with some events feel free to send me a replay. I can look over them and let you know where you are loosing the most time or some other glaring technique issues.

It is like proof reading English papers, but with cars.

how can i send it?

Top Bottom