• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
1zw2fyx.gif

Epic!
so sexy

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I am seriously convinced they're trying to pull a "in stores NOW!" thing as mentioned previously.

Right? Right??

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chubigans said:
I am seriously convinced they're trying to pull a "in stores NOW!" thing as mentioned previously.

Right? Right??
This would be so amazing to occur in the game industry, but will never happen because of shipment leaks that will inevitably occur. Though if Sony refuses to make an official comment up to and even on the day of release, it would be hilarious,

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Maybe Sony will have a surprise conference and announce that you can buy GT5....right now in stores. Apple style.

Racer30

@Gtplanet -> Gran Turismo 5 Arcade “Practice Mode” Tracks Revealed CENSORED

(Video removed at the request of Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Fixed1979

They've at least now acknowledged that the game is in the wild, it's really time for Sony to speak up isn't it? I know they won't though and it just blows my mind.

SolidSnakex said:
Basically Sony is having Jordan take everything down now.

I told those fuckers would try that, because you know, censoring the internet is easy.

I mean, let´s think like Sony: nobody copied those videos and if it´s not on GTP then nobody will see it. Of course!

Disgusting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shadow780 said:
For all of you guys that missed this, this was the release date. Are you guys excited as me?

SO PUMPED FOR THE RELEASE ON (release date removed at the request of Sony Computer Entertainment America)!!!!!

mr_nothin

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Basically Sony is having Jordan take everything down now.
Wait, can they actually do that? Weren't the games sold to the guys? This is just a case of a store breaking the release date so why do the videos have to be taken down?

And this is why I hate when ppl with early copies say "I'll post more tomorrow!". Something always happens during the time they say that and tomorrow. It never fails.

RustyNails said:
Sony is like a boyfriend who doesn't wanna commit to marriage :(
...and has no problems busting nuts in your face, just to make the point that it can.

enzo_gt said:
For all of you guys that missed this, this was the release date. Are you guys excited as me?

SO PUMPED FOR THE RELEASE ON (release date removed at the request of Sony Computer Entertainment America)!!!!!
all I see is A FUCKING HOTLINK.

flyinpiranha said:
They are. I have one that I got when it launched and have been playing Move stuff with it. I'm glad they didn't implement Move stuff into GT5 though, I couldn't wait another 2 years.

What? They are NOT the same the PS Eye and ps2 Eyetoy are different specs.

The PS Eye is usb 2.0 and has a higher resolution.

Its night and day if you actually try to video conference with the PSEye and the Eyetoy on your ps3.

I don't know about how well it works with Move (I didn't even know it was possible) but for certain the developers out there are not using the Eyetoy for development. If you are having any sensitivity issues or accuracy issues I would certainly consider upgrading.

Flo_Evans

thcsquad said:
I hope you mean PSEye. Eyetoy is the PS2 one which is definitely not the same camera. I'm sure the poster was referring to the PS3 one, but I didn't want anyone reading the exchange to think they could plug in their PS2 Eyetoys and use it for GT5.

I actually was talking about the PS2 eyetoy. :lol

Never bothered with buying a PS3 one. Maybe I will.

saladine1

I know it's Sony and that an official announcement could be known anywhere on the internetz, but if Sony was in their right minds, which site would we see the official confirmation on?

mr_nothin said:
Wait, can they actually do that? Weren't the games sold to the guys? This is just a case of a store breaking the release date so why do the videos have to be taken down?

And this is why I hate when ppl with early copies say "I'll post more tomorrow!". Something always happens during the time they say that and tomorrow. It never fails.

Sure they can do it. Activision has been deleting videos of Black Ops on YouTube and Rockstar deleted tons of videos of GTA4.

mr_nothin

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sure they can do it. Activision has been deleting videos of Black Ops on YouTube and Rockstar deleted tons of videos of GTA4.
Well I guess if you can get arrested for revealing new pokemon, before Nintendo wants them to be revealed, then anything is possible.

VegaShinra

saladine1 said:
I know it's Sony and that an official announcement could be known anywhere on the internetz, but if Sony was in their right minds, which site would we see the official confirmation on?
PS Blog

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I know this has been said before, but it's hard to believe the sloppiness of this release. I really am in shock. It's like they wish people would just forget about this game.

On a more serious note, when can we realistically expect a GT5 announcement? I heard about the car show Kaz is supposed to be at. Probably then? SolidSnakex?

RustyNails said:
On a more serious note, when can we realistically expect a GT5 announcement? I heard about the car show Kaz is supposed to be at. Probably then? SolidSnakex?

That car show was SEMA and it's already over. And no one knows when to expect a date. Sony really hasn't said shit.

jett

D-Member
God the music in the intro IS FUCKING AWFUL. All those awesome shots from the Red Bull trailer have been utterly ruined.

RustyNails said:
Oh hell yeah Solid will be there, where do you think we get all our info?

SolidSnakex said:
That car show was SEMA and it's already over. And no one knows when to expect a date. Sony really hasn't said shit.
Wow didn't know that :lol

But dude you're like GT5 god around here. If you're saying you are just as clueless as the rest of us peasants, then it really fills me with despair.

beast786

enzo_gt said:

:lol

Flo_Evans said:
I actually was talking about the PS2 eyetoy. :lol

Never bothered with buying a PS3 one. Maybe I will.

Oh, my bad, I always see people screw up the name of them and not actually talk about the PS2 one so just assumed you meant the camera for the PS3.

I see you must be the other person that bought the PS2 Camera along with me. Wasn't it great hitting soccer balls for 10 minutes? :lol

UntoldDreams said:
What? They are NOT the same the PS Eye and ps2 Eyetoy are different specs.

The PS Eye is usb 2.0 and has a higher resolution.

Its night and day if you actually try to video conference with the PSEye and the Eyetoy on your ps3.

I don't know about how well it works with Move (I didn't even know it was possible) but for certain the developers out there are not using the Eyetoy for development. If you are having any sensitivity issues or accuracy issues I would certainly consider upgrading.

Yeah, two different things completely ... I thought he was just misnaming the current one on the market.

jett said:
Can't believe Sony hasn't said dick about this. I'm starting to hate this game without even playing it.

Your hatred should be directed at Sony and not the game. This isn't PD's doing. They can't control the date.

jett

D-Member
It's the same shit ass My Chemical Romance song that's already confirmed to be in the american version of GT5.

SolidSnakex said:
Your hatred should be directed at Sony and not the game. This isn't PD's doing. They can't control the date.

:lol Riiiight. I blame all of those bitches.

Ravenn17 said:
I'm surprised to see the F10. I thought licensing issues would arise if Polyphony included current season F1 cars in GT5.

Codemasters can't be happy that PD is able to get access to the 2010 cars. What's even more amazing is that it seems like PD can have access to any F1 cars that they want as long as the manufacturers agree to it. But Codemasters is only allowed to use the 2010 cars as a restriction of the F1 contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom