• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! This game looks impressive. Question I bought a wheel over the summer, now I want too know what type of racing gloves are good and economically priced.

TylerD

gluv65 said:
WOW!!! This game looks impressive. Question I bought a wheel over the summer, now I want too know what type of racing gloves are good and economically priced.

I have Alpinestars karting gloves in white. http://www.alpinestars.com/Tech_1KR_Glove/pd/c/230/np/230/p/355209.html

The Tech 1 KR are long but they also have a short version.

I don't just use them for racing sims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_RHVZ0IrNA

I do this 2 times a week. Sometimes more if my friends have some coupons they don't use. They sell coupon booklets for 100 US that give you a race for every week of the year. I have two booklets this year.

I am ranked number 96 out of 140,000+ :D

dwebo

jling84 said:
Head tracking is alright, but where is my walking around and looking at cars a la Forza?
Didn't you see the Esquire article? PS3 is too weak a machine for GT5.
Kinect required™.

TylerD

darkwing said:
where is the guy posting the vids now? asleep? weak!

It is 7:01am in Czech Republic right now. He should be up and doing our bidding!

*hint, Justin.tv + PSeye = I would watch that for an unhealthy length of time.

TylerD said:
I have Alpinestars karting gloves in white. http://www.alpinestars.com/Tech_1KR_Glove/pd/c/230/np/230/p/355209.html

The Tech 1 KR are long but they also have a short version.

I don't just use them for racing sims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_RHVZ0IrNA

I do this 2 times a week. Sometimes more if my friends have some coupons they don't use. They sell coupon booklets for 100 US that give you a race for every week of the year. I have two booklets this year.

I am ranked number 96 out of 140,000+ :D

So 40 bucks is reasonably priced?

TylerD

gluv65 said:
So 40 bucks is reasonably priced?

They seem to be good quality. I have used them all year so at least 100+ kart races and for many many hours playing racing sims and they are holding up very well.

The short sleeve version are $30. I would say that is very reasonably priced for Alpinestars gear.

Cheapest Sparco karting gloves are $50 for a comparison. You would be surprised how much wearing gloves helps with sim racing. The control you gain outweighs the laughs you might get from those not in the know. Just don't buy an Arai helmet for sim racing, you don't really need that! :lol

This thread has to be the most entertaining thread I've ever read. I've been keeping up with it all week. :lol

Sony really needs to tell us the damn date, though. I need to know if I'll be able to use my k-mart coupons that expire December 4th on this!

And I hope K-mart get in the CE (lol).

darkwing

makingmusic476 said:
This thread has to be the most entertaining thread I've ever read. I've been keeping up with it all week. :lol

Sony really needs to tell us the damn date, though. I need to know if I'll be able to use my k-mart coupons that expire December 4th on this!

And I hope K-mart get in the CE (lol).

K-mart? no

Mush

darkwing said:
Mush_nz said:
WHERE THE HECK IS GT5
Mush_nz said:
WHERE THE IS GT5
Mush_nz said:
WHERE BE THE GT5
Mush_nz said:
IS BE GT5 WHERE
Mush_nz said:
WHERE IS FORZA MOTORSPORT 3
Mush_nz said:
WHERE IS CARMEN SANDIEGO
Mush_nz said:
GT5 WHERE IT BE AT BROS
Mush_nz said:
I WANT MY GT5 AND I WANT IT NOW
Mush_nz said:
GUESS WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS DADDY
Mush_nz said:
ITS GRAN TURISMO 5
Mush_nz said:
ALSO KNOWN AS GT5
Mush_nz said:
OR MAN JURISMO FIVE IF YOURE HIP
Mush_nz said:
HEY GUYS MUSH HERE
Mush_nz said:
JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU A FEW THINGS
Mush_nz said:
ABOUT THAT GRAN TURISMO GAME OF YOURS
Mush_nz said:
LIKE WHERE IS IT
Mush_nz said:
ITS ALL GOOD JUST GIMME A RELEASE DATE WHEN YOURE READY
Mush_nz said:
NO PRESSURE
Mush_nz said:
ITS NOT LIKE THERES ANYONE WAITING FOR IT
Mush_nz said:
NOPE NOT A SOUL IN THE WORLD
Mush_nz said:
IF I LIVE IN KIWILAND
Mush_nz said:
WHICH IS ALSO KNOWN AS NEW ZEALAND
Mush_nz said:
WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE THE GAME
Mush_nz said:
CONNECT MY LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE GT
Mush_nz said:
INTO THE USB PORT
Mush_nz said:
PRESS X AT THE XMB MENU IN THE GAME SECTION
Mush_nz said:
WHEN THE PLAYSTATION3 READS THE DISC
Mush_nz said:
LABELLED GRAN TURISMO 5
Mush_nz said:
AND MY TV READS THE DISC LABELLED GRAN TURISMO 5
Mush_nz said:
OUT ON THE SCREEN
Mush_nz said:
I WILL PRESS X TO LAUNCH THE GAME
Mush_nz said:
WHEN CAN I EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN BROS
Mush_nz said:
WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY BROS TO PLAY THE GAME
Mush_nz said:
SO WE CAN ALL RACE AND STUFF
Mush_nz said:
DID YOU KNOW THAT GRAN TURISMO 5 WENT GOLD RECENTLY
Mush_nz said:
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU GUYS KNEW THAT
Mush_nz said:
WAS THERE A POST ON YOUR BLOG ABOUT IT
Mush_nz said:
OR ON YOUR EU BROS ONE
Mush_nz said:
COS I DIDNT SEE IT
Mush_nz said:
CAN I HAVE A LINK GUYS
Mush_nz said:
THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY SWEET BROSKIS
Mush_nz said:
THANK IN ADVANCE
Mush_nz said:
SORRY THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THANKS
Mush_nz said:
HOPE YOU DIDNT MIND THAT SPELLING ERROR
Mush_nz said:
WOULDNT WANT TO WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME
Mush_nz said:
ON YOUR PRESTIGIOUS BLOG
Mush_nz said:
HEY GUYS ITS MUSH AGAIN
Mush_nz said:
IM BACK FOR A FEW QUESTIONS
Mush_nz said:
HOW DO I TURNED CAPS LOCK OFF
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...0-new-releases/comment-page-5/#comment-479781

Ashes

Banned
Mush said:
HES FROM THE FUTURE! HOW AWESOME IS GT5? PLEASE SAY YES

:lol

I get the point when it's under the correct blog post. Smh at people trolling other threads. Developers worked hard and stuff. And since we too were trolled, pretty bad, don't think it's fair to rain on other people's parade.

Ashes

Banned
TylerD said:
Mush's PSN account to be nuked from orbit. Thanks for fighting the good fight soldier!

Why would they nuke an eager fan who wants a release date so that he can buy their product?
He is exactly the kind of fan every company wants.

mr_nothin

Banned
RustyNails said:
11/9 never forget
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

Ashes1396 said:
:lol

I get the point when it's under the correct blog post. Smh at people trolling other threads. Developers worked hard and stuff. And since we too were trolled, pretty bad, don't think it's fair to rain on other people's parade.
How else do you suggest us poor peasants get the attention of the Sony Royal Family? By causing a commotion of course! If it worked in medieval Europe, it works today.

Mush

You guys just made me go create an alt PSN account just in case. :(

I was only meant to be a messenger, not a martyr.

Hydrargyrus

This thread is fucking epic.

I go to bed yesterday, after talking about Motorland with Mush... and today, when I woke up I've found more than 10 pages of pure awesomeness :lol :lol

TylerD

This is not solely an informative thread but it is also a deep look into the psyche of a GT fan and one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read.

edit: just watched the intro again and it grows on you. The 2nd part will be fine with a sound system and beautiful HD. I would have loved some DnB though.

darkwing

don't worry about it though mush, last time all hell broke loose on the blog (store updating late), they just deleted posts

jax (old)

Banned
saladine1 said:
I'm so dissapointed that I had to see all these vids and spoilers.
I really wanted to sit down with the game and see them for myself on a HD screen.
Fucking Sony you fucks!

spoilers in a car game?

now I've heard it all...

:lol :lol :lol

plus you won't have seen the vids unless you go looking for them. I haven't seen ANY!

Mush

darkwing said:
don't worry about it though mush, last time all hell broke lose on the blog (store updating late), they just deleted posts
I made sure it was an older post for a reason! :lol

Actually, I think someone on here linked it and I just threw caution into the wind and went for it. Stupidly, I might add.

spats

Jax said:
spoilers in a car game?

now I've heard it all...

:lol :lol :lol

plus you won't have seen the vids unless you go looking for them. I haven't seen ANY!

I just woke up and saw an entire list of new videos. Not going to watch any of them though. I've been devouring gt5 media lately, so I might aswell save some surprises to when I actually boot the game up myself(lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom