• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
We need a thread title change. Things are getting kind of ugly now. I think the fapping has passed and now it is just the sad realization it was just a prostitute and you are going to bed alone once again.

You can say neither side is a winner here. It's a 0 : 0 situation. :D

Speaking of DFGT. I recently purchased this wheel and wondering if you guys have any game recommendations. I was thinking of a more arcade style racer like Midnight Club or something different like Dirt 2. Something that's a bit different from what GT5 will offer.

inner-G

Banned
marathonfool said:
Speaking of DFGT. I recently purchased this wheel and wondering if you guys have any game recommendations. I was thinking of a more arcade style racer like Midnight Club or something different like Dirt 2. Something that's a bit different from what GT5 will offer.
NFS: Shift was fun on the dfgt, though i played the pc version.

inner-G said:
NFS: Shift was fun on the dfgt, though i played the pc version.
I was thinking about it, but then I realized with GT5 being so close to release, I'll probably want to play that as my sim racer. That's why I was thinking about an arcade racer or something that GT5 doesn't offer.

marathonfool said:
I was thinking about it, but then I realized with GT5 being so close to release, I'll probably want to play that as my sim racer. That's why I was thinking about an arcade racer or something that GT5 doesn't offer.

What do you know that we don't?
;)

i-Lo

Looking at used car dealership the only thing that came to my mind was: GT5, simulator of real world economic recession. You know you have fallen on hard times when you can't afford to buy new car in a game :lol

Amir0x

Banned
hey Sony if you announce the release date you'd have people buying something for your PS3

isn't that rad? you should totally do that. If I was you I would do that.

commedieu

Banned
0.jpg

Amir0x said:
hey Sony if you announce the release date you'd have people buying something for your PS3

I did buy some blu-rays for my PS3. That's all I've bought for the damned thing in recent memory.

Amir0x said:

Too late, I pissed away my GT5 money on Fist of the North Star. Is that what you what Sony?!?!

Piggus

expy said:
Was on Amazon... You can get it for $60 on ebay as well, it's used (return to store) but they're in great condition.

I can vouch for this. I bought two DFGTs (one from the eBay seller you're talking about and one from the Amazon deal.)

The Amazon one just got here today so on Friday a friend is coming over for some split-screen action.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Amir0x said:

Said people are too busy buying Black Ops to care. :x

Amir0x said:

But Sony's in the torturing business and business is a boomin.

Tashi0106 said:
This is Sony?

:lol
Too easy :D

Well technically This is Gran Turismoooooo is more apt. Sony just like other publishers gives a date and sticks to it as much as possible but when it comes to GT, its like quantum physics where everything you know about physics makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. GT is its own world

Calcaneus

I thought they were printing units, coulda sworn there was a thread about that here. Do companies do that without a release date ready?

Presco

Kagari said:
Said people are too busy buying Black Ops to care. :x

Unless you own a 360.

The last game I played on my PS3 was God of War 3. The last game I played for more than 2 hours was Heavy Rain. I would love to turn it on again for something other than Bluray. Can't wait for this game.

marathonfool said:

Dirt 2 is a pretty fun romp, wheel support is decent with a few in game tweaks. Maybe a good little primer for GT's rally.

Calcaneus said:
I thought they were printing units, coulda sworn there was a thread about that here. Do companies do that without a release date ready?

this is that thread :lol :lol :lol at least in a past life

Physalis

Neo Member
BobTheFork said:
You become unable to distinguish the madness from reality and you won't care anymore. Plus, free cupcakes!

Boy, with this title change AND free cupcakes, I kinda don't want GT5 to be released.

Although, I do find it funny that it took someone (Sony?) this long to finally take ryback's videos down. Too bad they've been re-uploaded, heh.

Absolutely fantastic title. :lol

I just fired up Prologue, and went to see the online events.

I still have the japanese version (bought in december of 2007) so i don´t know if it´s the same for PAL and the US version, but:

All the events updated in october will end in november 25th.

That date is a thursday in japan, the day games come out overthere.

Usually the updates in the online events are for one month. In the 25th i don´t think they will update anymore, might be the day they shut off the online services for Prologue and GT HD.

Looks like a good date for Japan.

Despera

Banned
Crewnh said:
dear god. how many title changes has this thread had?:lol

One for each GT5 delay announcement.

Edit:
Ezalc said:
Wanna know what's funny? I went into a gamestop today since I was looking around for the new Sly Cooper Collection. When I found it I decided to open the box and check out the manual. To my unfortunate surprise here's what I found:

http://imgur.com/tRfG6.jpg
http://imgur.com/h5cK0.jpg
http://imgur.com/vkwoO.jpg

Third image kind of proving it's on the sly manual.

HOLY SHIT!! They ARE doing the "Available Now" bullshit without a release date...
:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom