• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer30

distrbnce said:
That'd be the "some people" vs. the public at large he was talking about.

Its with these fans/over medium interested people the buzz starts...

I`m not saying it wont sell fantastic, just that it could have been better without monkeys in the marketing department...not to mention that those of us not completely naive will never trust a release date from sony again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If they do end up with this "ta-da, it's here" campaign. It will be awesome to know I can go pick it up BUT I would be much happier knowing when it's coming.

Rflagg

seattle6418 said:
Am i the only one sad that the video gave us confirmation that "you cannot perform racing modifications on standard cars"?

This is 1000x more important than wheels.

I still had a little hope, but only to the cars with individual pieces. It´s really a different type of racing mod, i bet we won´t see paint jobs with sponsors like in GT1 or 2. We will get what that Camaro showed in the intro.

It´s a shame, it´s one of the few things that i don´t think can be given on updates/DLC.
I would place that number higher in all honesty. I think I have changed the rims/wheels on a car in gt maybe once, but racing mods would be huge for me. I would eventually want to get it on all my cars.

Did I miss a video where it so race mods on premiums because that would be very cool not as cool as on all 1000, but you take what you can get.

Edit: Never mind found it:D

chifanpoe

LiquidMetal14 said:
If they do end up with this "ta-da, it's here" campaign. It will be awesome to know I can go pick it up BUT I would be much happier knowing when it's coming.

I am fully expecting a call from Linda or Judy, whatever the hell her name is from Gamestop, to call me at any minute to tell me with your automated goodness that my game is in!

Racer30

gundamkyoukai said:
That's not really a big number , GTP has 150k members i think plus GAF .
GT games sell about 10 million that's not even 5% of the people who buy GT.

Ofcourse not, but as I`ve said before, this are the people talking about it to friends and takes a big part in creating the hype level...

gundamkyoukai said:
That's not really a big number , GTP has 150k members i think plus GAF .
GT games sell about 10 million that's not even 5% of the people who buy GT.

Today is the 10th of November... Just in case you forgot :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have PD made any comments about updating the standard cars over time - either as DLC or for GT6?

I can live with them as standard for now, but I can't imagine so many of my favourite cars remaining like that forever.

Racer30

Metalmurphy said:
Today is the 10th of November... Just in case you forgot :p

Thats right, and there are numerous videos out there...several hundred thousands are watching and thats not insignificant..and these are not regular customers either, I wouldnt be surprised if one of those creates 3-5 sales on average (by talking to friends who then talks to others and so on)

weekend_warrior said:
It said some cars, not standard cars. How many that "some" will include, I have no idea. It also didn't say anything about standard cars for the "Aero" modifications, which is great news.

You sure about that?

Text was blurry, but i thought i read "standard"

Great if you are right and i´m wrong :)

Stealth Edit ----

God, you are right. I rewatched in 720p and full screen, it really does say some cars, not standard cars.

So let´s think this through:

The rims specifically say not on standard cars
Racing mods say on some cars

Cheap logic would conclude that if they changed the wording is because some standard cars can be modded.

I hope so. Faith restored.

God damn it, thought I could get some respite with a Man United win but a fucking draw in the derby. Gaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That is what is going on in the GT5 universe right now, a one point each draw.

I don't know how much longer I can take this.

distrbnce

Banned
Racer30 said:
Thats right, and there are numerous videos out there...several hundred thousands are watching and thats not insignificant..and these are not regular customers either, I wouldnt be surprised if one of those creates 3-5 sales on average (by talking to friends who then talks to others and so on)

I feel fairly confident that all this video watching is only -building- hype, not deconstructing it. The way some people are like "WTF FUCK SONY NOW I'M NOT BUYING" or something is definitely a strange, neurotic minority. Most of us who see these videos are salivating at the chance to get it in our hands. I personally am trying my hardest not to watch too many so I do still have that special experience moving through the game, but I can't imagine any amount of video watching would deter me from making the purchase.

Racer30

distrbnce said:
I feel fairly confident that all this video watching is only -building- hype, not deconstructing it. The way some people are like "WTF FUCK SONY NOW I'M NOT BUYING" or something is definitely a strange, neurotic minority. Most of us who see these videos are salivating at the chance to get it in our hands. I personally am trying my hardest not to watch too many so I do still have that special experience moving through the game, but I can't imagine any amount of video watching would deter me from making the purchase.

Yes they are building hype now, wich will cool off as the weeks pass..to be honest, part of the reason for this insane hype is that they have promised a lot, and showed almost nothing. Now when people finds out its not the second coming, that will be a factor too

Ashes

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
God damn it, thought I could get some respite with a Man United win but a fucking draw in the derby. Gaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That is what is going on in the GT5 universe right now, a one point each draw.

I don't know how much longer I can take this.

keeps our unbeaten run going... it's still early in the season, and we pretty much outplayed them in every department. good things come to those who wait...

edit: didn't mean it like that, sorry... :(

Rflagg

seattle6418 said:
You sure about that?

After finding the correct video I can confirm that the text says on some cars rather than on standard cars.

Senua

mrklaw said:
He's driving my car! Even the same colour. (well the M version, but close enough)
nice one! never driven one myself but i drove an m coupe (z3) a few years back and it was amazing so i'm guessing the 4's are even better

-viper-

Banned
The Subaru Impreza STI 22B was shown as a premium car in Gran Turismo HD yet no where to be found in the Subaru dealership as shown in Rybak's latest video.

I sure as hell hope it is still unlockable.

Ashes1396 said:
keeps our unbeaten run going... it's still early in the season, and we pretty much outplayed them in every department. good things come to those who wait...

True that, I just want this obsession with GT5 news to get calmed down a little. Need official input. INPUT SONY! NEED SONY INPUT!!!!

Senua

-viper- said:
The Subaru Impreza STI 22B was shown as a premium car in Gran Turismo HD yet no where to be found in the Subaru dealership as shown in Rybak's latest video.

agreed it will always be the best impreza

mrklaw

MrArseFace
seattle6418 said:
You sure about that?

Stealth Edit ----

God, you are right. I rewatched in 720p and full screen, it really does say some cars, not standard cars.

So let´s think this through:

The rims specifically say not on standard cars
Racing mods say on some cars

Cheap logic would conclude that if they changed the wording is because some standard cars can be modded.

I hope so. Faith restored.

alternative logic could suggest that not all premium cars can be race modded, same phrase would fit.

Ashes

Banned
-viper- said:

are we completely throwing out the cars available at random or different dates idea?

-viper-

Banned
I also can't see the R33 Skyline in the Nissan dealership. That too is a premium model.

gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102017531_640w.jpg

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I love that in the week that featured the release of Kinect, Black Ops, and the Sly Collection, the busiest thread is the one about the guy in the Czech Republic who got a leaked copy of GT5.

Gran Turismo = Serious business.

Will we all be playing it at this time next week? Remember the stealth early release of Ratchet and Clank?

-viper-

Banned
Deep Forest looks so damn good! I failed to notice any leaf shadow issues which were prominent in the previous Tokyo 246 builds.

This is fantastic

“Critics say that Superstars V8 Racing is a worthy investment and does more than just fill the void for all the racing fans waiting for the launch of Grand Turismo 5,” said Greg Lanz, General Manager of O-Games, Inc. “Beginning next week and for the next ten weeks, we’ll be challenging players of Superstars V8 Racing on PlayStation Network to various leaderboard competitions, and award winners a brand new copy of Gran Turismo 5. Superstars V8 Racing is the perfect game for racing fans to sharpen their skills as they wait for Gran Turismo 5, and what better way than to reward fans with a brand new copy of the game. Exactly when we can ship GT5 is anybody’s guess, but rest assured, we will send out prizes whenever it hits retail shelves.”

http://www.gtplanet.net/superstars-v8-racing-promoted-by-giving-away-gt5/

So basically they're advertising their game by giving away free copies of GT5. I've never seen anything like this.

Majine

Banned
TeethMummy said:
I love that in the week that featured the release of Kinect, Black Ops, and the Sly Collection, the busiest thread is the one about the guy in the Czech Republic who got a leaked copy of GT5.

Gran Turismo = Serious business.

Not sure if serious, but yeah.

This will obviously be one of the biggest OTs. OT7.

FtsH

I'm starting to wonder if the leak is real. No big surprise at all. SONY not reacting at all. Those youtube video uploaders are basically showing us what we have known already and everything in LD. Maybe they are from SONY marketing department?

Rflagg

mrklaw said:
alternative logic could suggest that not all premium cars can be race modded, same phrase would fit.
Yeah, who know it could actually end up being less cars available for racing mods this way. 8/
I hope there are at least some cars most wouldn't expect among those that we can mod this way, I remember I personally had fun putting the racing mods on commuter type cars in gt2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom