• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFing

Banned
oui
intertwine-circle-illusion1.jpg

non

Sew

He's promised some more 'specific' pics today. There are only a handful of us in the thread, I don't think anyone is PSN friends with him. I'm still on 3.41 until GT5 lands so I'm no help there!

Wario64 said:
Why is the disc appearing to be on someone's crotch
Someone zoom-enhance the fabric, we'll find out where his pants are made.

Sew said:
He's promised some more 'specific' pics today. There are only a handful of us in the thread, I don't think anyone is PSN friends with him. I'm still on 3.41 until GT5 lands so I'm no help there!

Someone zoom-enhance the fabric, we'll find out where his pants are made.

Sounds pretty fake IMO. If I had the disk I would be running through the streets like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Plus, if I was active on forums I'd be posting everything I could, books, disk, me with the disk, me and the disk at Disneyland, here's one of the disk right out of the shower ... oh, and SCREENS OF ME PLAYING!

Ezalc

Gouty said:
How can you even say something like that at this point? I wouldn't care if the disc art was Kaz hitting it with my mom from the back while he flipped the bird.
:lol :lol :lol :lol The only post that could top this one is the release date post. :( I wonder when that'll happen.

Screenshots of the Nurburgring at night would also help a lot. We know it exists but we've only seen it in small screens. If he can produce some big screens of that then that would prove that he has it.

Jim

VegaShinra said:
That's some hope to cling to.

Edit:

From IGN:

Update: GameStop says the quote used in the press release was outdated: "When Joey played the game earlier this fall, he was told that the game was coming out in November and was unaware of the delay," a spokesperson said.
Haha, they sent out a corrected PR that says "this holiday season." just now, instead of this month.

nasanu

Banned
Sew said:
ajvaf.jpg

Not mine, this the guy from the other forum providing some proof.

If the disc numbers only ever rise, then this is certainly fake. One look at my ANZ Heavy Rain disc says the BCES number is already past 00797.

Kagari said:
Your loss then!

So basically, if you live near a DACD Sony plant, and you have good friends there, you might get a copy of GT5.

Damn i wish i lived close to Manaus to get one!(location of the Sony bluray plant in Brazil).

Only saying that because he implied it was not review copies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It really doesn't matter that much but under my games list on playstation.com it says 12/2010 as the release date.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Fistwell said:
It's been said that it's not the case.

I just looked at mine in the US and it is definitely not increasing in order of release.

Also, does he have the disc on his crotch? Because those look like pants and a fly at the bottom.

And if the statement that its being pressed a few days ago was correct, then there should already be tens of thousands of these things ready to go, which would mean Sony could distribute real final retail discs to reviewers, employees, and so forth.

spats

The curving disclaimer text on top of the disc looks like it's too close to the edge compared to other ps3 discs (specifically with the new branding) and all the graphic elements are easy to reproduce as vectors. I still think that disc is homebrew (albeit very good) but I don't doubt for one second that there are discs in the wild.

If that picture is a fake it's a friggin' masterpiece what with the close-range focus going out of focus on the side edges of the disc. I also imagine that this game got it's game ID *a while ago*.

AndyD said:
Also, does he have the disc on his crotch? Because those look like pants and a fly at the bottom.
Picture was taken just before he made sweet love to the disc.

God may not have been kind to him... but at least he has GT5.

Maastricht said:
If that picture is a fake it's a friggin' masterpiece what with the close-range focus going out of focus on the side edges of the disc. I also imagine that this game got it's game ID *a while ago*.
The disc is legit. Trust me, I'm a disc master expert.

Out of everything, the only thing that does not look professional, is that the center of the disk does not match the center of the wheel.

Don´t know if this was intentional, but it´s the only "weird" stuff i saw. The way the photo loses focus makes it very hard for photoshop. If it´s fake then the guy made the sticker and put it on top of the disk.

Norante said:
I think it's fake. Looks like a printed label on a regular disc.

Stamped discs have the labels printed directly on them, not on adhesive labels.

ajvaf.jpeg

Hoping to be wrong though.

If I'm looking at what I think you're looking at that's where the outside of the wheel rim sneaks onto the side of the image and would make more sense if the photo showed the whole disc.

RankoSD

Here's the thing why I think the disc is real, the guy is from Sydney and look at the disc:

21oak51.jpg

The disc was probably still hot :)
If that's fake then that's a bloody good fake...

spats

seattle6418 said:
The way the photo loses focus makes it very hard for photoshop. If it´s fake then the guy made the sticker and put it on top of the disk.

That's how I'd do a fake product. Trying to indicate textured, reflective materials like that with a bitmap program would be a colossal waste of time and you'd get caught right away.

I've never done a disc like that myself but I've printed lots of stickers for similar applications. I still think it's a hoax.

mr_nothin

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Guy said that tomorow he would should the actual game playing... so... wait n see.
It's always 1 thing per day with these ppl. He just took a picture...why not just take another picture of yourself playing. You should obviously be playing the game if you have it, just take the camera out and snap real quick

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Doubting Sin its like saying i like BlazBlue.

Flek

Banned
also it does not need to be a sticker. You can buy dvd and cds to print on and can print directly on the disc if you have a printer that supports this

mr_nothin said:
It's always 1 thing per day with these ppl. He just took a picture...why not just take another picture of yourself playing. You should obviously be playing the game if you have it, just take the camera out and snap real quick

So true.

These people with top secret info always do this.

I promisse the day i get my hands on anything like that it will be ustream/twitter/gaf/q&a and stuff.

Good god, the news come in slowly.

Wake up top secret guy! It´s already tomorrow in Australia!:D

mr_nothin said:

His PS3 is still on 3.41, so he's taking it to a friends house. At least that's what he said.

mr_nothin said:
I think he's saying his ps3 is on the fritz and he has to go over to his friend's to play on his ps3. I think.
I'm not really fluent in australian.

Edit: oh, 3.41, ok. Yeah, i dont spoken the australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom