• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
scandisk_ said:
IMG_4768.jpg

Translator-san is a camera hacker :lol

Even with his name in full view, how ironic is it the camera just happens to be not focused >_<

RankoSD

SolidSnakex said:
GT4P is a strange one as it doesn't even have the logo on the box. All the main games do have that logo.
Which means that it doesn't matter if it's the one way or another...

Iknos

Pepto said:
Is it really?

Even without this latest info I was expecting it because they hinted that tracks that deserved 24hrs will get it. La Sarthe and the Ring being obvious choices. Laguna Seca you would think would have it but can't say for sure.

In retrospect it seems fitting that GT5 doesn't have a solid release date until a few weeks before it is released.

brotkasten said:
But GT5 doesn't need any PR campaign or ads! It will sell billion times without it.

Doesn't need it for day one sales. Ads showing off the game months after release might be a better idea.

Maybe they want to sell the PS3 console in that case getting the PR in order would be important.

nofi

The press logo for GT5 matches the one on the disk. There's two, mind, but it's entirely possible that the logo we're seeing here is right, ie, it doesn't need the big GT graphic.

2rmtblw.jpg

nofi said:
The press logo for GT5 matches the one on the disk. There's two, mind, but it's entirely possible that the logo we're seeing here is right, ie, it doesn't need the big GT graphic.

2rmtblw.jpg

I guess the blue and red above "Gran Turismo 5" are meant to signify the logo.

nofi

SolidSnakex said:

No doubt. My point is that the disk isn't necessarily fake just because it doesn't sport a massive GT logo. =)

Rainier

Hey, do you guys know if the track editor gives you the ability to create your own tracks, or just tweak existing ones? I haven't been able to find any info about this. Anyone?

Sorry this is OT, wasn't sure where else to ask this.

WTFing

Banned
Rainier said:
Hey, do you guys know if the track editor gives you the ability to create your own tracks, or just tweak existing ones? I haven't been able to find any info about this. Anyone?

can't you see? HE's smiling!!!

onken

Actually that pale ring that looks like peeling could actually be a continuation of the artwork. Seems like the same shade and shape as the rest of the rim. As for the label borders being slightly uneven, have I have a bunch of games that are printed off-centre so nothing suspicious there.

I'm going with "real".

Rainier said:

It's a track generator. You select the number of sectors, how many corners each sector is gonna have, change elevation settings, etc, and then it generates the track for you.

Rainier

Metalmurphy said:
It's a track generator. You select the number of sectors, how many corners each sector is gonna have, change elevation settings, etc, and then it generates the track for you.
Sounds cool, I can see myself losing hours playing around with that. Thanks for (coherently) replying.

plainr_

onken said:
Actually that pale ring that looks like peeling could actually be a continuation of the artwork. Seems like the same shade and shape as the rest of the rim. As for the label borders being slightly uneven, have I have a bunch of games that are printed off-centre so nothing suspicious there.

I'm going with "real".

I was about to point that out too. The disc looks 100% legit.

I fucking hope so :lol

Yeah, irrespective of the guy's (admittedly questionable) musical talents, the disc looks rather real-ish, kinda.

Edit: dear biggroovyfcuker, i love you too, let's have a foster's.

Fistwell said:
Yeah, irrespective of the guy's (admittedly questionable) musical talents, the disc looks rather real-ish, kinda.

Edit: dear biggroovyfcuker, i love you too, let's have a foster's.

Close encounter of the forum kind.

mr_nothin

Banned
brotkasten said:
Yeah. I don't get what's so special about it. Who cares if it's fake or legit. It won't change anything.
If it's real then the guy can be pestered to death for new info. Also, it gives a hint that the release date could still be this year and will probably be released closer than ppl think.

mr_nothin said:
If it's real then the guy can be pestered to death for new info. Also, it gives a hint that the release date could still be this year and will probably be released closer than ppl think.
See what I mean?

onken

brotkasten said:
Yeah. I don't get what's so special about it. Who cares if it's fake or legit. It won't change anything.

If real disks are floating around at the beginning of November, a release by the end of the year is basically guaranteed. How is that not news?

Mush said:
BUT IT'S A GT5 DISC! THE DISC OF KINGS!

Also this.

Noshino

SolidSnakex said:

Not even the blue and red colors seem to be needed anymore, going over this guy's collection (impressive btw) the "2 bars" seem to have been present for a while, but getting more common lately

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23021

Fistwell said:
Oh so now i'm a ruthless nerd. Shots fired.

:lol

Bad day, I even missed lunch (galley is open for like 3 hrs) and even got slapped for confusing the names of some girls :C

onken said:
If real disks are floating around at the beginning of November, a release by the end of the year is basically guaranteed. How is that not news?
How exactly is this news when Kaz confirmed that they're already stamping the discs?

Dead Man said:
Damnit people, do we have a date or not?!
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom