• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loudninja said:
Are people really doubting Sin?

Not anymore once it was showed to us that he was legit, but he only posted two small messages and basically said regular copies are out there.

We´re discussing the australian guy that probably got a copy from a sony bluray plant and might or might not have a final copy of GT5.

Sew

Fistwell said:
I think he's saying his ps3 is on the fritz and he has to go over to his friend's to play on his ps3. I think.
I'm not really fluent in australian.

Edit: oh, 3.41, ok. Yeah, i dont spoken the australia.
No, you had it right. The guy with the disc has a busted PS3 so he's going to a mate's house. I'm the one with 3.41, so I can't hook up on PSN for proof.

Good god that reads like a bullshit story :lol

@seattle6418 - assuming it's legit, I believe it's straight from the plant.

Can we please stop discussing this surfer girl bs and get back to shitting on australian fake stamped in australia by dominant guy making shitty house?

Edit: I SPEAKEZ OSTRALIA AFTER ALL!! I BE EL KANGAROO DUNDEE!!

mr_nothin

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
His PS3 is still on 3.41, so he's taking it to a friends house. At least that's what he said.
Who wouldn't update their PS3 to play GT5 though? :lol
But uhhh, busted PS3 huh?
:|
Also, who wouldn't rush over to their friends house to hurry up and play GT5?

Then post pics of the manual/game case/etc.

I doubted the PS3 Slim and was actually proven wrong. That is very, very rare.

If Sin says copies are out there, I'll take his word for it.

dwebo

mr_nothin said:
Then post pics of the manual/game case/etc.
If he just yanked it from the blu-ray manufacturing plant where he works at, he probably wanted to keep his chances of being caught to a minimum. :lol

Also... I go away for a few hours and a disc surfaces. Hallelujah! /dance

mr_nothin

Banned
jett said:
None of my PS3 discs say where they've been manufactured. Looks like bullshit to me.
Actually Sports Champion does but it's not in the same position as that GT5 disc...it's in the middle for SC.

Corto

e1043254-e5f4-4613-bf3b-0d64e84268a7

mr_nothin

Banned
dwebo said:
If he just yanked it from the blu-ray manufacturing plant where he works at, he probably wanted to keep his chances of being caught to a minimum. :lol

Also... I go away for a few hours and a disc surfaces. Hallelujah! /dance
Ahhh, ok. So he stole it from the plant. :lol
Alright..I'll just wait and see.

jett said:
None of my PS3 discs say where they've been manufactured. Looks like bullshit to me.

Look closer. American discs say that, but it´s written on the edges of the disc. I just looked my Uncharted 2 copy to be sure.

I don't know who Sin is, or if he's possibly a superhero ... but if all the things he has predicted have come true I'm ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!

I only wish it wasn't launching so close to Cataclysm ... but whatever, bring on GT5!

I think it's legit. If he bothered to make a fake label, why would he just release it now? When it's expected that the real game should be showing up very soon. Not to mention that there are real copies out there (c/o Sin).

If I made a fake copy I would have shown it off last month or earlier.

Noshino

flyinpiranha said:
I don't know who Sin is, or if he's possibly a superhero ... but if all the things he has predicted have come true I'm ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!

I only wish it wasn't launching so close to Cataclysm ... but whatever, bring on GT5!

Even though it is hard to doubt Sin, there were still too many things that hinted at the release date being around the first few days of December....

What Im trying to say is, you should've been aboard the hype train long ago! :lol

Spark_GTP from GTplanet brought up the first real reason why that disc might be fake. There's no GT logo on it. Every single GT release so far has included that logo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
akachan ningen said:
put on your big boy pants and try it again. :p
:lol

<3 akachan ningen <3

So it was a fake? =/

Look at what lack of concrete information does. Look at it. This is a PR disaster. Best part is that Sony doesn't give two hoots about any of this because come release date, we're in our GT bunkers. This one should be for the history books folks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RustyNails said:
Look at what lack of concrete information does. Look at it. This is a PR disaster. Best part is that Sony doesn't give two hoots about any of this because come release date, we're in our GT bunkers. This one should be for the history books folks.
GT5 PR campaign is easily the worst ive seen ever, SCE is pretty much silent and the only info we get is from Kaz and Translator San.

Rainier

SolidSnakex said:
Spark_GTP from GTplanet brought up the first real reason why that disc might be fake. There's no GT logo on it. Every single GT release so far has included that logo.
Wait... there's still hope that he'll post a vid of him playing it! Has anyone informed him that to be legit he needs to film it with a shitty cell phone while panning wildly between the TV and the ceiling?

ascully

Do you think Sony wants to make one of those "GT5 is now ready and it's in-stores today" kind of announcements? Similar to MS with the 360S this year?

Fersis said:
GT5 PR campaign is easily the worst ive seen ever, SCE is pretty much silent and the only info we get is from Kaz and Translator San.
But GT5 doesn't need any PR campaign or ads! It will sell billion times without it.

Noshino said:
Even though it is hard to doubt Sin, there were still too many things that hinted at the release date being around the first few days of December....

What Im trying to say is, you should've been aboard the hype train long ago! :lol

Haha! I have been! Trust me, hell even a couple members saw my misplaced breakdown yesterday with my (obviously ignorantly) spoken diatribe about how PR is mishandling this ... there hasn't BEEN any PR, just speculation spun into super rumors by "gaming journalists".

I know it's because I just am REALLY REALLY REALLY RIDICULOUSLY (good looking) ANTICIPATING this game! I'm allowed some meltdowns dammit! I drew up designs for cutting wood so I can mount a wheel and my girl thinks I'm crazy. Although she wouldn't let me actually do a chair (was going to go to a u-pull and grab an old honda seat or something) I did buy a big ass bean bag that can be pushed right up into the back of the stand I plan on building.

brotkasten said:
But GT5 doesn't need any PR campaign or ads! It will sell billion times without it.

It's true. Look back at GT5P advertising. Was nothing special and yet... And you know the ads are coming eventually.

RankoSD

SolidSnakex said:
Wrong:

2mcyhie.jpg

Fersis said:
Even that is acceptable at one level. But look at how we're getting our current information: from a guy whose friend works in a manufacturing plant. The fuck is this??? pathetic pathetic pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom