• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

Keyser Soze said:
There was more sanity on show in the Rock Band 2 OT.... seriously.
Yeah, but they spent the whole day shtting on Weezer and praying for Rust in Peace.

At least we're discussing the game (sort of).

Ah screw it, who am I kidding. WE'RE ALL FUCKED IN THE HEAD.

nib95

Banned
Is that box art definitely confirmed? I'm loving the greyed out art and logo, but I just feel like they'd have done a full colour logo for the cover? Hope it stays like the one in the pic.

Mush

nib95 said:
Is that box art definitely confirmed? I'm loving the greyed out art and logo, but I just feel like they'd have done a full colour logo for the cover? Hope it stays like the one in the pic.
That's just for the Collector's Edition. The regular ass joe one has the red Merc.

nib95 said:

It's the real cover for the CE and SE in Europe. The regular edition and CE in the US have the red SLS AMG.

nib95

Banned
Mush said:
That's just for the Collector's Edition. The regular ass joe one has the red Merc.

:(

Oh well...

Does anyone know if review copies have been sent out yet? Need this game in my hands asap!!

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
It's the real cover for the CE and SE in Europe. The regular edition and CE in the US have the red SLS AMG.

The front cover is legit but the back cover looks like shit. Weird font choice & Most of the game's features are missing (sparks & smoke really?).

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mush said:
Maybe Stop It is right. Maybe we are the worst GAF has to show. :lol
The ironic thing is, I said that merely minutes before the thread exploded with the 2nd coming of Judas which sent things to a new level of insanity.

By the time a release date is actually (re)set, people here will be so exhausted by their orgy of mis-information and insanity that they'll miss it.

amar212

nib95 said:
Does anyone know if review copies have been sent out yet? Need this game in my hands asap!!

As I know, tommorow is the day when some important issues will be decided on the higher levels.

UFRA

amar212 said:
As I know, tommorow is the day when some important issues will be decided on the higher levels.

Wait, were you the one with the talking arse or is that someone else?

amar212

It is not THAT BIG, but it has to do something regarding media coverage. Will inform if I get the approval. Everything is still very vague and in the dark on official side, unfortunately.

And from what I've heard, events of Saturday and Sunday will not help.

UFRA

amar212 said:
It is not THAT BIG, but it has to do something regarding media coverage. Will inform if I get the approval. Everything is still very vague and in the dark on official side, unfortunately.

Wait, what do you mean by this?

The chaos that happened in the last 24hrs has affected what is coming up?

:(

Corto

We should all forget about this game, get along with our lives, and when we least expect it the game will be on stores.
who am I kidding... RELEASE DAMN IT!

thcsquad

amar212 said:

I see. Sony has decided that GT fans got duped by a troll, and thus aren't worthy of a release date. The game will stealthily come out whenever it comes out.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
The events of Saturday and Sunday? What events? Are they referring to their own lack of communication with their customers as the reason we’re unlikely to get further information? Jesus Christ these decisions have to be coming from chimpanzees or NBC executives, there’s simply no other explanation.

hirokazu

Wazzim said:

EDIT: Already posted I see, but still for the new page..omg
Why the fuck do we need that EXCITING 16 PLAYER shit on the CE when the case is going to be inside the cardboard slip cover? Fuck you Sony! Fuuuuck!

offshore

As much as Sony are quiet...maybe staying quiet while they print out the discs is Sony's way of categorically getting the message across to gamers, sites and retailers that the game won't be delayed again once they announce the date.

Sites are bound to report the usual snarky "unless it gets delayed again" bullshit; by printing the discs and shipping them, something which will happen soon, any site saying GT5 will get delayed again will look pretty stupid, seeing as the discs are done and will have shipped.

Racer30

It would take a lot for me to get hyped for another sony release after this fiasco.

Its best just to forget about this game, I live a happier life then.

nofi

Looks like we might be going around again, a GTPlanet member has just posted that the Czech auctions might have been "real" afterall...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=2398#post4103067

That guy who bougt GT5 from Aukro.cz yesterday just pikced it up and he said that it is real! When (if) he posts some pictures/videos, i will let you guys know.

EDIT: He said he will arrive home in 2 hours

Potentially another attention seeker, mind... =(

eso76

offshore said:
As much as Sony are quiet...maybe staying quiet while they print out the discs is Sony's way of categorically getting the message across to gamers, sites and retailers that the game won't be delayed again once they announce the date.

maybe they're just not announcing a date so that if something goes wrong they don't have to announce another delay.

At this rate, i believe Sony will just come out and say the game is sitting on the shelves already, waiting for you to go pick it up.

Racer30

SolidSnakex said:
Like a 6 instead of a 5? :p

Hehe. No actually its to late for me on this one, I`m hyped no matter what. But I am hyped because I have believed in what they have told me. This was a mistake.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not news worthy but i got a Twitter DM from the Playstation account saying sorry for all the GT5 release date madness. :lol

<3 SONY <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom