• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LOL, I just find it hilarious how we're all plotting this siege on the blog with GT5 comments :lol

Why not, I just posted on the blog too o_O

Mush

jcutner said:
ugw9_c06_uaiqm-640x426.jpg
YES, WE FUCKING KNOW ALREADY

ARE YOU DOING YOUR JOB IN SPAMMING THE BLOGS?

GET TO IT

darkwing

LiquidMetal14 said:
LOL, I just find it hilarious how we're all plotting this siege on the blog with GT5 comments :lol

:lol already doing my part, not so obvious hints about GT5 so they can't just delete it

:lol :lol Some of the comments on the Mod Nation PS Blog are hilarious!

"Dosx001 | November 8th, 2010 at 12:50 pm

MY GOD WOULD U PEOPLE STOP IT WITH GT5 THIS BLOG DOESN’T INVOLVE GT5 SO JUST STOP IT N THEY TOLD 2 MANY TIMES THAT THEY TELLS THE SEC THEY FIND OUT WHEN IT COMING OUT……. DUMB ASSES!!!"

"lukauskis8 | November 8th, 2010 at 12:56 pm

shut up Dosx001"

"darkwing75 | November 8th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

sly cooper is good, but GT5 is better."

"Lagspike_exe | November 8th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Can I drive a Ferrari 458 in this game? Or a Nissan GT-R? OR RED BULL X1 PROTOTYPE?"

"LuckyAaron13 | November 8th, 2010 at 1:18 pm

People are PLAYING GT5 right now…and we dont know the release date. Hire me, Ill fix this."

offshore

I don't know if anyone has seen the Escapist story on this...but never, ever have truer words been spoken.
There are some questions as to whether or not the mounting evidence of disaster is entirely legit but assuming it is, Gran Turismo 5 is well on its way to becoming one of the most spectacular lessons in "how not to do it" in years.

It's a stunning litany of mismanagement: delays, excuses, misinformation and now this biggest kick in the junk of all, stamped and printed copies of the game hitting the market before Sony is even ready to slap an official date on the thing.

It seems to me that at this point, Sony's best bet to mitigate the damage is to throw it out to the public as soon as it can, but I don't honestly expect that to happen. Which is also fine with me; after all, it's not every day you get to sit back and watch a train wreck as entertaining as this one.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105093-Gran-Turismo-5-Discs-Escape-Into-the-Wild

Mafro

VG247 just ran and promptly deleted a story that it's getting a November 27th release. They didn't bother checking first that Twitter source they used was quite obviously a fake IGN UK account :lol

Loudninja

Really what is the point of this? You are spamming other devs posts about game they would know nothing about. That is not cool.

offshore said:
I don't know if anyone has seen the Escapist story on this...but never, ever have truer words been spoken.
There are some questions as to whether or not the mounting evidence of disaster is entirely legit but assuming it is, Gran Turismo 5 is well on its way to becoming one of the most spectacular lessons in "how not to do it" in years.

It's a stunning litany of mismanagement: delays, excuses, misinformation and now this biggest kick in the junk of all, stamped and printed copies of the game hitting the market before Sony is even ready to slap an official date on the thing.

It seems to me that at this point, Sony's best bet to mitigate the damage is to throw it out to the public as soon as it can, but I don't honestly expect that to happen. Which is also fine with me; after all, it's not every day you get to sit back and watch a train wreck as entertaining as this one.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105093-Gran-Turismo-5-Discs-Escape-Into-the-Wild
Absolutely 100% true. This is what I've been saying since Kaz did his "discs are being pressed as we speak" comment.

November 23rd is what makes most sense in the US, and in the same week in europe.

By then, we will have a bunch of people with the game already.

I just wish i would get a blackmarket dealer to sell it to me. :(

DonMigs85

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm with the fact that for much of the game I'll just be grinding or tying the analog sticks together for easy autopilot cash, much like in GT2. Only now in HD and three-dee with flying grass and rain.

Loudninja said:
Really what is the point of this? You are spamming other devs posts about game they would know nothing about. That is not cool.

The point is, and this is very clear for all working with communications and PR, that if the issue "blows up" then you need to do something.

The point is to make it clear to Sony that WE DON´T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW, and that we only want one thing:

GT5.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
re: Escapist quote - Could people getting upset over this and prognosticating some kind of doom and gloom situation to the game because of leaked early copies, be any more delusional?

This reminds me of some years ago when pirated copies of Halo 2 were leaked early, how people were saying: 'OK that's it, cancel midnight launches, no point to them anymore'.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can we get a coalition of folk to meet me in Bangladesh? We fly out for Japan in 3 days. Let's make this happen folks!

Cornbread78

Wal-mart hasn't seen any copies around here as of yet, nothing from the distribution company either.... Does the media have any copies yet?

SpacLock

Could someone guide me towards a recap of what the hell is actually going on here? Like, how the hell did these copies get out and where?

BeeDog

Couldn't care less if Sony dies as a company because of this utter botch-job, JUST GIVE US PLEBS A FUCKING DATE ARRRRRGHHHHH

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear SONY:

GT5 deserves better.

With much love Fersis

WORST PR AND MARKETING CAMPAIGN EVER!

Steroyd

I shouldn't have read the trophies, the GT madness is starting to get to me.
BangHead.gif

If Sony released GT5 WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE, I would have got COD:BO on the cheap ya bastards.

UFRA said:
However, this made my day :

This was all worth it. Thank you GAF, for making one of my witty responses live on forever. *tear* I shall cherish this moment.

You're welcome UFRA, I laughed my ass off when I read your response to that bastid "Jeseus'" comment. I figured it'll make a funny comic!

I don't care if the "Jeseus" is (was) an Eastern European and English isn't (wasn't) his first language, the way he trolled everyone here, he deserves to be made fun of and the banning

SpacLock said:
Could someone guide me towards a recap of what the hell is actually going on here? Like, how the hell did these copies get out and where?

Dude from Czech Republic got a copy (most likely via a corrupted Sony's country manager). Trolls the internet for the entire day. The day after, trophy list and some other details are reveled through YouTube videos. Internet is going batshit insane and raiding Sony's official EU and US blogs.

SpacLock

Lagspike_exe said:
Dude from Czech Republic got a copy (most likely via a corrupted Sony's country manager). Trolls the internet for the entire day. The day after, trophy list and some other details are reveled through YouTube videos. Internet is going batshit insane and raiding Sony's official EU and US blogs.

Thanks.

eso76

Sony "GT5 is on shelves already, and it has been for the past 7 days. You were so busy talking about the delay you didn't notice there was actually no delay. Go grab your copy now."

dwebo

Lord Error said:
re: Escapist quote - Could people getting upset over this and prognosticating some kind of doom and gloom situation to the game because of leaked early copies, be any more delusional?

This reminds me of some years ago when pirated copies of Halo 2 were leaked early, how people were saying: 'OK that's it, cancel midnight launches, no point to them anymore'.
Doom and gloom? Everyone is just pissed off at Sony, as they rightly should be.

<insert tag quote>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom