• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I'm almost certain they worked on standards too

edit: They dont.. not sure why i thought they did :O

They actually do... kinda. They just don't appear on the car itself. If you reverse a standard car up to a wall or barrier on a night track like SSR5 you can see the reverse light being projected. At least it did pre-2.00.

GHOST LIGHTS

hirokazu

Hi guys, I have two questions about the October DLC and the latest updates that I haven't found answered anywhere yet:

1) If I buy the October DLC after the latest updates (so that the DLC will automatically be useable on all accounts without having to get the Family Pack upgrade), will I still get the bonus kart and car reset vouchers?

2) I notice that the Family Pack upgrade for those who already have the October DLC still doesn't make the paint and racing gear available for all accounts on the same PS3. Will this be the same case if I buy the October DLC after it's been updated to not require the Family Pack?

I held off on the DLC since I couldn't use it on the account I used to play the game and I'm eager to give PD my money if they fixed it all, including racing gear and paint. :(

Polyphony

Come on guys, lets race in the NRL lounge. I always look but no one is ever there.

I'll add you on PSN. Most NRL members are European and it's a bit hard to organize impromptu races in the lounge with the time zone differences and all. I might be on tonight.

DLC 2, to buy or not to buy, hmm!

Mxrz

I'm sure there'll be a new seasonal cashcow (hopefully) the new ones do pay out really well. Not crazy about going back to remote-racing, but maybe.

After weeks of crappy luck with the 67 tickets, I got the Mark IV off the level 20 ticket from the seasonals. Just need the Miura now. I tried it first thing, and it really sounded great with the new, louder engines.

Unsure of the new car pack. They have some really odd choices. The last one seems better and I wasn't crazy about it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I concur as I was in the same situation. It's tragic really if they don't start replacing them with equally lucrative events. The thing that burns is that there were no closing dates on them.

Guess it tickled their fancy. This update feels like 3 steps forward and 1 backward.

Maybe if somone tweets Kaz about the not-fair situation of wiping them off without a warning...

Still haven't gone online to update, how many seasonals were removed?
I sure hope the Formula GT one is still up at least.

Mxrz

No, it is gone too. I walked away with 5 tickets, so I'm guessing 5 of the old seasonals are left. Plus the time trials, special one, and the new one.

Didn't realize there was a concept car too. Hrm.

Dibbz

Don't think it has been mentioned but holy fuck is the 86 GT an amazing drive. The handling it so good even on comfort softs.

Also is it true the concept version of it has a standard blacked out cockpit?

Don't think it has been mentioned but holy fuck is the 86 GT an amazing drive. The handling it so good even on comfort softs.

Also is it true the concept version of it has a standard blacked out cockpit?

It's the same with the GTR Prototype so it wouldn't surprise me.

i-Lo

Maybe if somone tweets Kaz about the not-fair situation of wiping them off without a warning...

Still haven't gone online to update, how many seasonals were removed?
I sure hope the Formula GT one is still up at least.

No that's gone as well and it's where I used to grind for credits.

I am just surprised that not many here are disappointed about like us.

I must state that I find the post launch support for this game very satisfactory and perhaps one of the best I have seen so far. It looks like most of Sony's first party devs are responsive to the feedback which is great quality and hope it continues with future releases.

As criticism, I still believe there is still a lot that is left to be done with UI. Someone should have explained to them the concepts of "ease of use" and "tedium" 6 years ago. Better late than never and one can hope for future updates down the line making things even better.

Is it just me, or does driving with a wheel feel significantly more realistic? I took one of my Ferrari's out for a spin (damn don't I wish I could say that in real life) and the counter-steering feels a lot more smooth and accurate.

Godly, this game.

Polyphony

Fake BRZ until PD puts it on a DLC pack.

N%2525C3%2525BCrburgring%252520Nordschleife.jpg

Here's mine :D

rSmsf.jpg

lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
No that's gone as well and it's where I used to grind for credits.

I am just surprised that not many here are disappointed about like us.

I must state that I find the post launch support for this game very satisfactory and perhaps one of the best I have seen so far. It looks like most of Sony's first party devs are responsive to the feedback which is great quality and hope it continues with future releases.

As criticism, I still believe there is still a lot that is left to be done with UI. Someone should have explained to them the concepts of "ease of use" and "tedium" 6 years ago. Better late than never and one can hope for future updates down the line making things even better.

Not that surprising honestly, there are many here who would defend the undefendable and still stick to the sillyness of more options = bad thing.

Including toggable on/off switch for custom liveries? BAD thing!
Including toggable (more) visual damage? BAD thing!
Includimg option to use chase-cam sounds in cockpit view? BAD thing!
Including XP/Credits to arcade/practice modes or a similar custom A-spec? BAD thing!

And so on.

Not that surprising honestly, there are many here who would defend the undefendable and still stick to the sillyness of more options = bad thing.

Including toggable on/off switch for custom liveries? BAD thing!
Including toggable (more) visual damage? BAD thing!
Includimg option to use chase-cam sounds in cockpit view? BAD thing!
Including XP/Credits to arcade/practice modes or a similar custom A-spec? BAD thing!

And so on.

I haven't seen one single person on this or the previous threads saying any of that.

There's a difference over discussion the priority of somethings over others, and flat out saying that having the option is a bad thing.

Massa

So I got an ugly silver for my 86. Does anyone wanna trade paint chips? I'm looking for the red one.

bernmarktgasse1b-640x360.jpg

(I'm not sure you can even do that in GT5, but I'm assuming it's possible?)

Dead Man

I haven't seen one single person on this or the previous threads saying any of that.

There's a difference over discussion the priority of somethings over others, and flat out saying that having the option is a bad thing.

You must not have been paying attention, plenty of people want no liveries at all, and I believe you thought it was not a good idea to have credit rewards in arcade.

that's the kind of patch i like .... Very surprised by the seasonal part ( that was trimmed ) but that let me hope for more events in 2012 so it's alright...

i-Lo

My criticisms (the ones I can remember from the top of my head) are:

1. Undisclosed effects of changes made in the GT tuning parts and services- Now solved

2. Inability to switch off the little time taking intro every time you buy a car.

3. Every purchase brings you back to the main menu instead of the remaining in the dealership (for both new and used vehicles).

4. Exiting a seasonal event from within the race brings you back the main menu instead of the Seasonal Events' one.

5. The inability to preview colours on the actual model of the car. It may be a nudge towards realism but in a game I find it a bit pretentious.

6. Inability to switch cars on the in the GT tuning parts and services without coming to back to main menu. Again, having to switch multiple menus.

7. Inability to buy paint chips.

8. Providing more options of what options or help are to be visible during race- Now solved

I haven't played the game online so far and so I have yet to see how the UI works for that.

brentech

Awesome!:D
Did they also update the first dlc pack to work on multiple accounts as well or is it still locked to one account?

- Downloadable contents can now be used by multiple users with the Family Upgrade
This Family Upgrade will allow the the Course Pack and Racing Car Pack (including those purchased as a part of the Complete Pack) DLC's released in October 2011 to be used by all acounts on the same PS3™ system. (Planned Release Date: December 21, 2011)

There are important points to note in this upgrade, so please make sure to read the FAQ below:
- FAQ for Family Upgrade

- The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
Once you have purchased the Car Pack DLC's, you can purchase additional DLC cars in-game using game credits.

Forgot how dull seasonals are. The special GTR time trial was fun but the same shit over and over. Start last finish first, lack luster AI. Oh well, online racing it is.

You must not have been paying attention, plenty of people want no liveries at all, and I believe you thought it was not a good idea to have credit rewards in arcade.

Not wanting liveries is not the same as "Including toggable on/off switch for custom liveries? BAD THING", if it's toggable and they don't want it, they turn it off. Why would the be against an optional thing?

And no I never thought that, why would I?

My criticisms (the ones I can remember from the top of my head) are:

1. Undisclosed effects of changes made in the GT tuning parts and services- Now solved

2. Inability to switch off the little time taking intro every time you buy a car.

3. Every purchase brings you back to the main menu instead of the remaining in the dealership (for both new and used vehicles).

4. Exiting a seasonal event from within the race brings you back the main menu instead of the Seasonal Events' one.

5. The inability to preview colours on the actual model of the car. It may be a nudge towards realism but in a game I find it a bit pretentious.

6. Inability to switch cars on the in the GT tuning parts and services without coming to back to main menu. Again, having to switch multiple menus.

7. Inability to buy paint chips.

8. Providing more options of what options or help are to be visible during race- Now solved

I haven't played the game online so far and so I have yet to see how the UI works for that.

nº 4 is fixed now.

Dead Man

Not wanting liveries is not the same as "Including toggable on/off switch for custom liveries? BAD THING", if it's toggable and they don't want it, they turn it off. Why would the be against an optional thing?

And no I never thought that, why would I?

Ah, sorry about that, you are right. But on the whole livery thing, some people have stated a choice for no liveries at all even after the toggle was suggested.

Polyphony

I didn't do 90% of the Seasonals prior to the patch and thought I had all the time in the world to complete them since they had no expiration date. When PD removed them, I was surprised by the move. But I realize that if I never had the desire to do them in 6 months, I probably would've never done them anyway (except for the Ferrari La Sarthe lol).

Anyway, it still sucks that they were removed for those who enjoyed doing them.

i-Lo

I didn't do 90% of the Seasonals prior to the patch and thought I had all the time in the world to complete them since they had no expiration date. When PD removed them, I was surprised by the move. But I realize that if I never had the desire to do them in 6 months, I probably would've never done them anyway (except for the Ferrari La Sarthe lol).

Anyway, it still sucks that they were removed for those who enjoyed doing them.

Then how did you earn big chucks of credits at a time?

jabuseika

Is it just me or does the Dodge Viper SRT8 sound horrible after the patch?

I tried it for the American Seasonal Event, and I had to change car immediately, absolutely cannot stand the high pitch noise it makes.

Also noticed the cars are a bit more "bouncy".

Polyphony

Then how did you earn big chucks of credits at a time?

The rare ones I did include the Ferrari challenge at La Sarthe. Used a 458 to farm helmets and credits. Then when they changed the rewards for all seasonals (helmets <-> race suits), I started doing the B-Spec Rome seasonal. Easy 250k with a Yellowbird that only requires you to press a few buttons every 7 minutes lol. That one is still present!

Top Bottom