• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

UFRA

Grand Valley is one of my favorite GT tracks of all time. :D

Had fun in the practice. The first race was bad, I accidentally caused 2 incidents. Other than that weekend_warrior and I had a great/clean/close race (2nd race I think) and that was a lot of fun.

Mush

Super GT League v.1.03 patch notes:

- I have gone back and recalculated the points standings, hopefully they should be fine now. Hopefully. Let me know if they still aren't.
- Added a new table better outlining the Driver points standings.
- Added a new points table system to the OP, so IF I get something wrong you can figure it out.
- Re-adjusted Championship calendar so it actually might make some sense time-zone wise. If it still doesn't, fuck times zones. Just fuck them. Click the link dammit!
- Updated the Team/Driver list with new names and whatnot.

Some tidbits:

- I have PM'd GodofWine/KZG Racing concerning the Supra/Denso Lexus swap.
- If mil6es and mclaren777 don't get their act together I will be taking the keys to the Epson NSX and handing them over to the next 2 guys who won't beat around the bush, namely, Metalmurphy and [In//Effect-Mode].
- Need a fancy team name from blu and brentech. Get to it dudes.
- Also wouldn't mind someone uploading a NTSC replay from Laguna Seca.
- We still all hate you, Crumb.

Have fun y'all!

Angst

Nice patch work on the OP mush, it's much clearer now. And the time zone finally makes sense! lol

Dibbz: did you make any changes to the suspension etc for the last race? The car looked really stable so I'd like to use the same and adapt it to the higher speeds of GVS. Or I might just stick with the defaults.

Dead Man

Mush said:
Super GT League v.1.03 patch notes:

- I have gone back and recalculated the points standings, hopefully they should be fine now. Hopefully. Let me know if they still aren't.
- Added a new table better outlining the Driver points standings.
- Added a new points table system to the OP, so IF I get something wrong you can figure it out.
- Re-adjusted Championship calendar so it actually might make some sense time-zone wise. If it still doesn't, fuck times zones. Just fuck them. Click the link dammit!
- Updated the Team/Driver list with new names and whatnot.

Some tidbits:

- I have PM'd GodofWine/KZG Racing concerning the Supra/Denso Lexus swap.
- If mil6es and mclaren777 don't get their act together I will be taking the keys to the Epson NSX and handing them over to the next 2 guys who won't beat around the bush, namely, Metalmurphy and [In//Effect-Mode].
- Need a fancy team name from blu and brentech. Get to it dudes.
- Also wouldn't mind someone uploading a NTSC replay from Laguna Seca.
- We still all hate you, Crumb.

Have fun y'all!
Sweet update, very nice. However I believe I should have 30pts in the drivers standings? Or have I read that wrong?

Niks

Someone should tweet Kaz about this since its critical in online races.

Show the sector timing relative to the car next and behind in position, not to the leader. Why this isn't so is mind boggling.

It is also mind boggling that there is no proper Qualifying, something that used to be before every race in old GT games, just put the same system there for online! Also, the fact that you get zero info about your race when it is finished, eg Fastest Lap.

gutterboy44 said:
It is also mind boggling that there is no proper Qualifying, something that used to be before every race in old GT games, just put the same system there for online! Also, the fact that you get zero info about your race when it is finished, eg Fastest Lap.

What do you mean by proper Qualifying?

Angst

There should be an option for the host to move from Free Practice to Qualification to Race.

Would also be nice to see a list of everyone's best lap.

At least I think that's what Gutterboy was referring to.

Well Free run = Qualification. If you mean you want everyone to start at the same time, so that it's fair, just change track and then change back :p

Metalmurphy said:
Well Free run = Qualification. If you mean you want everyone to start at the same time, so that it's fair, just change track and then change back :p

I have yet to have Free Run accurately reflect the results when moved to race. There is no clear distinction of if your time is truly removed when leaving the track or only when withdrawing your entry. Moreover, there is no lap times listed for the entries, and no way to check them without leaving the session! How can it be considered "proper" qualifying without anyone knowing each others laps and lap times.

Gutterboy is probably talking about single player races not having qualifying. It's a huge commission that comes very close to ruining the A-spec experience. But that's for another thread.

edit: n/m didn't GB's post right above me. :p

gutterboy44 said:
I have yet to have Free Run accurately reflect the results when moved to race. There is no clear distinction of if your time is truly removed when leaving the track or only when withdrawing your entry. Moreover, there is no lap times listed for the entries, and no way to check them without leaving the session! How can it be considered "proper" qualifying without anyone knowing each others laps and lap times.

Hum, never thought about the leaving and re-entering the track bit, but AFAIK the "Positions" shown during the Free Run, is the same as the starting grid once the race starts, and that position is based on the fastest lap.

gutterboy44 said:

There's a number of things like this where GT5 really fails to deepen the racing genre. For example, I'd love to see the option to include specialized racing rules. Like in NASCAR, whenever a yellow flag comes out, the first racer who is 1 lap down is allowed to come up to the back of the pack on the lead lap. Gives people a chance to come back in a race even if they get in early trouble.

Dibbz

Angst said:
Nice patch work on the OP mush, it's much clearer now. And the time zone finally makes sense! lol

Dibbz: did you make any changes to the suspension etc for the last race? The car looked really stable so I'd like to use the same and adapt it to the higher speeds of GVS. Or I might just stick with the defaults.
Default setting for me. Didn't get as much practice time during the week as I should have so I didn't mess with anything.

Just be careful on the throttle. I found with hards, probably mediums to, that if you're hard on the throttle on certain turns you spin out. Guess some turns just have less grip than others.

Try and get a good feel for the corners before the race and see which ones you can hit the gas early.

Also try and conserve your tyres as much as you can. I really made a goal to last as long as I could on softs. I reckon I could have made to lap 23-25 on the softs, but didn't want to risk destroying them and ruining my race. Try and be aware of where you come out when you pit, can be hard but if you change your map settings you can try and judge a good clean gap to try and get out of the pits into. Last thing you want is fresh tyres and getting stuck behind back markers.

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Default setting for me. Didn't get as much practice time during the week as I should have so I didn't mess with anything.

Just be careful on the throttle. I found with hards, probably mediums to, that if you're hard on the throttle on certain turns you spin out. Guess some turns just have less grip than others.

Try and get a good feel for the corners before the race and see which ones you can hit the gas early.

Also try and conserve your tyres as much as you can. I really made a goal to last as long as I could on softs. I reckon I could have made to lap 23-25 on the softs, but didn't want to risk destroying them and ruining my race. Try and be aware of where you come out when you pit, can be hard but if you change your map settings you can try and judge a good clean gap to try and get out of the pits into. Last thing you want is fresh tyres and getting stuck behind back markers.

your race was the cleanest in this season so far

Angst

Dibbz said:

Thanks for the advice Dibbz!

I ran 16 laps of practice on GVS just now and didn't mess with any settings for the suspension. I find 13 laps on softs is quite easy, but then it's pit stop time. GVS is a lot longer than Laguna Seca so that seems pretty all right.

Mush:

How long will the next event on GVS be? You posted the details for Laguna early so I was hoping for some details around now... ;-)

Ok, I have all the vid caping done from Round 1. The main race replay is 43 minutes long. I need to split this file into three parts to fit the Youtube limits. Any quick way to do that?

Toxa

gutterboy44 said:
Ok, I have all the vid caping done from Round 1. The main race replay is 43 minutes long. I need to split this file into three parts to fit the Youtube limits. Any quick way to do that?

great :) well I don't know but could you also upload the files on mediafire please

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
I did a search and maybe this is what you're looking for?

I am splitting the main replay now. I also capped every person's first lap of the race.

Other than the two people who sent me requests for highlights during the full race replay, I tried to catch action when I could. It is very cumbersome with the GT5 replay system. When I saw arrows clumped together on the map I would switch to them (which involves a lot of guess work). I would also try to keep an eye on the front runners and occasionalyl cycle through the whole field to give everyone some highlights.

I think for the most part it turned out ok. It is tough directing the replay without watching it several times beforehand and taking notes...which I will not do. It would be a thousand times easier if we could rewind and fast forward replays. I may upload the files tomorrow morning at work where I have much more upload bandwidth than at home. I will keep you all posted. 1280x720 capture too :)

Edit:

Angst said:
I did a search and maybe this is what you're looking for?

Cool, thanks giving it a try right now.

OK, the video split is going to take a while to complete, so I am canceling it for now and just uploading all of the first lap captures of each racer. In the future I will simply pause the replay at 14 minute intervals and stop the capture and start a new file. This is really quick and easy and will save from having to do this splitting crap.

I am learning as I go, should have much better capture quality and turn around time as the season progresses.

gutterboy44 said:

Youtube removed it's limits. You just have to enable somewhere.

Dibbz

Toxa said:
your race was the cleanest in this season so far
Thanks man, I was far from calm in the seat though.

Angst looks like your prepping up good for this race so I'd advise once you are comfortable with the times your pumping out each lap start tweaking slowly. Remember if you can put in a really good qualification you can basically pull away from the rest of the pack, so the faster you can go in comparison to everyone else the better.

One thing though don't try and match your qualification speed during the race if you don't have to. When I raced I held back a lot, was doing 1.24's where as I got a 1.19 or 1.20 qualification. If I knew Niks was right behind me though I'd probably push a lot more. :lol

All in all during the race just try and pace yourself.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Thanks man, I was far from calm in the seat though.

Angst looks like your prepping up good for this race so I'd advise once you are comfortable with the times your pumping out each lap start tweaking slowly. Remember if you can put in a really good qualification you can basically pull away from the rest of the pack, so the faster you can go in comparison to everyone else the better.

One thing though don't try and match your qualification speed during the race if you don't have to. When I raced I held back a lot, was doing 1.24's where as I got a 1.19 or 1.20 qualification. If I knew Niks was right behind me though I'd probably push a lot more. :lol

All in all during the race just try and pace yourself.
Yep, that's my game plan :) Feeling pretty confident right now and will keep doing practice laps. I'm not expecting to be the fastest guy around and I know from experience that pushing it during a long race rarely pays off. I'd like one look at the guys in the pit and that's it.

Mush

MikeDub said:
Looking at the table you have me on 75pts but it should be 65.
Dead Man said:
Sweet update, very nice. However I believe I should have 30pts in the drivers standings? Or have I read that wrong?
Fixed.

(I think)

I PM'd mil6es overnight and he hasn't gotten back to me. So, if Metalmurphy and [In//Effect-Mode] still want to have a drive for the season, team up and the Epson NSX is yours. Just say the word.

Not really a fan of the NSX but sure. Hook me up.

But obviously the NRL will be my main focus, if we get 2 races at the same time, I'll go there first :p

Gotta go buy the car now.

Mush

Is it wrong that I'm about to do the Grand Valley 300km in my NSX? :p

Also, my new toy...
aniyW.jpg

Metalmurphy said:
Youtube removed it's limits. You just have to enable somewhere.

It still says, 2GB, 15 minutes per clip. Nm, now says I can do over 15 :) Only five more vids to finish uploading and I will have the full grid of everyone's first lap. I want to post them all at once.

Edited: strike out

Here they are, everyone's first lap of Round 1 Suzuka. The videos are listed in the order of the starting grid.

1.Blu
2.Gutterboy44
3.Leunam
4.GodofWine
5.Mush
6.Seattle6418
7.Toxa
8.Hashirya_Drift
9.JuicyBob
10.Salacious_Crumb
11.Mikedub
12.UFRA
13.Angst
14.BrLvgThrChmsty
15.Niks

Full Race replay should be finished uploading tomorrow morning. I will post the link as soon as it is complete. Thanks for the patience.

Note: Blu, your video still has 3 minutes left to upload as of the time this is posted. Please wait a few minutes if your link doesn't work.

Mush

That is some fucked up shit right there...

I've watched the beginning of the Suzuka replay like 20 times yet I don't once remember ever seeing Toxa in front at the start of Lap 1. I'll have to go check again once I'm done with this race, but, I think it's either my ghetto NZ internet, secret cloaking devices or just plain mental delusions.

THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE

That's fantastic Gutterboy!

Man, what the hell happened at the start? Were people false starting? And Toxa driving right through two people. :lol Poor Leunam, he got shoved right into the wall. Man, I would have been pissed.

Top Bottom