• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Angst

Awesome work gutterboy!

Although I can hardly watch it again... First corner I get a destroyed right back tyre from the yellow Supra's accident. And then in the s-curves my left back tyre gets destroyed from a punt from the green Honda (it was my own fault as my car was all over the place). For the rest of the first lap you can really see in the video how hard it was to drive.

Actually it was pretty good seeing it again now with GVS coming up. I sure as hell will try my best to get a good qualification time and maybe avoid the chaos in the first corner :D

Toxa

LMAO thanks a lot gutterboy, great job man !

Mush said:
Toxa doesn't even show up in my "replay".

LOST

same

huge network issue here, my race was completely different, there were only 8 cars on the track.
I started the race in third place and I've never seen mush,fas niks ... during the race !

that's why I went through 2 cars lmao

there were only salacious in my rear view mirror

in the replay my car is damaged, in my replay my car looks good

I didn't know that FASJ6418 was behind me before the hairpin.

I was clearly in another space-time :D

UFRA

Angst said:
Awesome work gutterboy!

Although I can hardly watch it again... First corner I get a destroyed right back tyre from the yellow Supra's accident. And then in the s-curves my left back tyre gets destroyed from a punt from the green Honda (it was my own fault as my car was all over the place). For the rest of the first lap you can really see in the video how hard it was to drive.

Actually it was pretty good seeing it again now with GVS coming up. I sure as hell will try my best to get a good qualification time and maybe avoid the chaos in the first corner :D

Yeah it was sad watching that. I wonder if someone paid to have you assassinated or something, because it's like you had a target painted on you that first corner lol.

It's really too bad PD didn't allow the ability to change camera angles during replays. We really miss a lot of interesting perspectives by only seeing the cinematic view. I'd like to see everyone's lap in roof cam or something like that.

I happened to be 1 or 2 cars behind you in the first corner Angst, I saw that whole accident happen, but in my replay you really don't see much.

Mush

I've discovered yet another snag with my current points standings. :(

For Suzuka, these were the final finishing positions. (thanks h3ro)

29dbggz.jpg

Now, when I started to calculate points, I took out the Drift ninja dude as he shouldn't have been in the race and bumped everyone else up a spot. However, Niks was just in the race for the lolz, because he was part of UFRA's team, and UFRA was already driving in that event.

I didn't give Niks any points, but I didn't remove him from the final race standings and thus didn't move everyone else up, meaning everyone didn't get the right amount of points from the event.

Should Mush make up for his mistakes now and do a recount? Or sweep it under the rug considering it was 2 weeks ago.

Your call.

UFRA

Mush said:
I've discovered yet another snag with my current points standings. :(

For Suzuka, these were the final finishing positions. (thanks h3ro)

Now, when I started to calculate points, I took out the Drift ninja dude as he shouldn't have been in the race and bumped everyone else up a spot. However, Niks was just in the race for the lolz, because he was part of UFRA's team, and UFRA was already driving in that event.

I didn't give Niks any points, but I didn't remove him from the final race standings and thus didn't move everyone else up, meaning everyone didn't get the right amount of points from the event.

Should Mush make up for his mistakes now and do a recount? Or sweep it under the rug considering it was 2 weeks ago.

Your call.

I remember originally after round 2, my team had 135 points which meant you counted me as a 4th place finish instead of 5th. Then after your Super GT patch we got decreased to 125 points which meant I must have been changed to 5th place points instead (which is correct since that's what I actually earned). My only concern would be whether everyone got the same treatment or if some people still have points from being 'bumped up'.

IMO, I would stick to just giving everyone the points they deserved from the standings literally. No bumping up. Because regardless of the fact that Niks and sneaky random were not counting towards the points, they were still the same as if we had all 16 actual participants. I got 5th, not 4th, so I should get 5th place points. And people below sneaky random should get what they got.

But if you want to bump everyone, then bump everyone who was under "fake" participants, not just the people under sneaky random. lol

That's my 2 cents, I'd like to hear what others think.

Angst

Let the results stand?

But should we really allow someone to participate for "lolz"? What if Niks had (unintentionally and not saying this happened here) wrecked someone else? Would be pretty bad knowing you lost the race due to someone racing for lolz... :/

Mush

Angst said:
But should we really allow someone to participate for "lolz"? What if Niks had (unintentionally and not saying this happened here) wrecked someone else? Would be pretty bad knowing you lost the race due to someone racing for lolz... :/
I really wasn't thinking at the time. I thought Niks was asking if he could race on behalf of the team running the Epson NSX. Don't why I thought that, but I just went along with it. It was the 1st round, after all. I really wasn't expecting much out of it, but hey, you guys proved me wrong! :p

I'm going to wait and see what more people think before I do anything about it.
UFRA said:
Edit: nvm lol you did bump some people up.
As I said, I only took into account the ninja dude and not Niks. I removed ninja dude, bumped everyone up who was below him, didn't give Niks any points, but left him on the final race standings.

Because he wasn't actually racing for points, in retrospect, I should have removed him from the standings and given everyone below him a bump up, like I did with the other dude.

Yeah I don't like the idea of someone racing for lolz either. During practice sessions and even during qualifying I don't mind, but during the actual race it creates a lot of confusion.

edit: And I'd bump everyone to the correct points, why not? Leaving Crumb and Toxian at the right points but everyone else gets shorted 10 points seems silly.

Angst

After some thinking I agree with Weekend Warrior - bump everyone below Niks.

But don't worry mush, we all love you for creating and administrating the league. And we don't exactly pay you for your work. :)

I think everyone should get bumped up, that way everyone gets the most points possible from essentially a beta race. Either that or we scrap it and add it on the end of the season. At least we could then be 100% sure that crumb didn't win.

Dead Man

Even though I wasn't in the race, I say bump everyone up. That's where they came compared to those that were there correctly.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Fantastic job, gutterboy!

weekend_warrior said:
Man, what the hell happened at the start? Were people false starting?
Falsestarters represent!
(man, that was colossal ruinining of the season opening on my part)

I didn't realize who the ninja was until I had caped all the video and started to translate PSN names to GAF names. At that point I figured, why the hell not, maybe give a different perspective to the start.

It is really disappointing that you can't change any camera angles. It makes the series of replays look a little stale. However, caping everyone's first lap isn't too bad since the replay is easy to start over. The only race I may not do it for is Nordschleife.

The race replay stalled on upload over night but I am on my way into work where I have a much more bandwidth. I should be able to post it quickly.

Watching this replay over and over has really highlighted how awful GT5 netcode is. It is kind of sad that this is what a 60 million dollar budget yields.

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:
I didn't realize who the ninja was until I had caped all the video and started to translate PSN names to GAF names. At that point I figured, why the hell not, maybe give a different perspective to the start.

It is really disappointing that you can't change any camera angles. It makes the series of replays look a little stale. However, caping everyone's first lap isn't too bad since the replay is easy to start over. The only race I may not do it for is Nordschleife.

The race replay stalled on upload over night but I am on my way into work where I have a much more bandwidth. I should be able to post it quickly.

Watching this replay over and over has really highlighted how awful GT5 netcode is. It is kind of sad that this is what a 60 million dollar budget yields.
Thanks for all your work, it's pretty cool to be able to see like that.

Mush

OK, when I wake up in a few hours (read: lots of hours), I hope everyone has their say on what to do regarding Suzuka-gate. :p

Big ups to Gutterboy for uploading the footage too. Cheers man!

Mmmm sweet sweet bandwidth. Only 7 minutes remaining on full replay upload! This is opposed to the 417 minutes it was going to take at home. :)

Edit: Well the upload is finished but the processing is going to take a long time. Kind of forgot about that part.

Dibbz

ok just watched some of those first laps (great job gutterboy). lol at all the false starts, they completely took everyone by surprise. People were just slamming right into the back of them, and that one poor green lexus gets rammed and goes straight into the wall on the side.

Laguna crew represent, we at least got off the grid before cars were flying around the track :lol

About Suzuka-gate I reckon you should move everyone below Niks up a slot, it's would seem fair since no other team had two participants.

Niks

Guilty as charged, I did it for the lolz!
Seriously though, yeah I think points should be fixed, just to make it fair to everyone.

Also, as someone mentioned, its not a good idea to let other people race just because, as I could have crashed and ruined someone elses race. Thankfully that didn't happen at Suzuka thanks to my awesome driving skillz. :D

Thanks gutterboy for the replays!

Anyone practicing on GVS yet? Damn the Epson NSX having 50kg's extra weight and crazy torque. Got 1.52.900 something I know can be improved.

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
Anyone practicing on GVS yet? Damn the Epson NSX having 50kg's extra weight and crazy torque. Got 1.52.900 something I know can be improved.

I think during our practice session at GVS the other night I got down into the 1:45's with my Takata NSX.

gutterboy44 said:
I think during our practice session at GVS the other night I got down into the 1:45's with my Takata NSX.
Now that I think about it, I'll get some money up to buy one of the '06 NSX's and compare the differences. The Standard Takata Dome '03 NSX is damn near perfect.

Toxa

gutterboy44 said:
Mmmm sweet sweet bandwidth. Only 7 minutes remaining on full replay upload! This is opposed to the 417 minutes it was going to take at home. :)

Edit: Well the upload is finished but the processing is going to take a long time. Kind of forgot about that part.

still processing ? :(

Juicy Bob

So is there a genuine difference between how the track performs online vs offline? a '45 sounds about right around Grand Valley but I've only been practicing offline.

Juicy Bob said:
So is there a genuine difference between how the track performs online vs offline? a '45 sounds about right around Grand Valley but I've only been practicing offline.

Yeah they're definitely is. I could never touch my offline time at Laguna when I played in an online lobby. It even feels different during qualifying versus race. You should practice online when you can, and join any practice sessions too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
gutterboy44 said:
For consistent race pace I think 1:47 is solid. During race conditions I was in the mid 1:46's. I am sure salacious would destroy all.
I just finished the GVS 300km endurance (60 laps) and I don't think keeping a 1:47 pace is very realistic with 12 cars on the track - I was constantly staying in the 1:50-52 range, and that's with the ZR1 RM. Of course, the remaining 11 cars from that event made for some ultra slow traffic, so among JGTCs it might be quite a bit different.

Mush

My fastest lap online so far is a 1.48.148. :/

If Gutterboy is telling the truth, maybe there's hope for us NSX drivers after all. :p

Angst

Mush said:
My fastest lap online so far is a 1.48.148. :/

If Gutterboy is telling the truth, maybe there's hope for us NSX drivers after all. :p
That's about what I've been doing. But I was trying to conserve the tyres and avoid mistakes so if I pushed it I think I might do 1.46.5-1.47. But then I'll end up with 1.59 laps as well... I think I'll focus on conserving tyres, consistent pace and avoiding mistakes.

But I also find it a lot easier to push it when someone is in front of me instead of me just running along by myself. It will certainly be an interesting on saturday.

And for the umphteen time - have you decided on the length of the race mush? :p

ashk

The problem with the track that I'm having isn't consistency (atm I can do 48s just fine), but doing a quick qualifying-style lap - there are just so many places that making a minor to medium mistake will lose you all of the time you might have gained from pushing harder. So my online fastest lap has been about 47.5, but even I held back after a few corners just so I can see what the time would be.

But hey, if I could choose between consistency and a one-lap wonder in a race, I'd pick consistency any day :p

Dibbz

Sounds like you guys are going to have a competitive race on your hands with all of the practice going on :D

Went back to the last race replay and took a few more shots. Laguna unfortunately is not that good looking in the texture department so it's hard to get some good shots.

5358927146_3d47247dcd_b.jpg

5367773551_3e5c31485a_b.jpg

5367773547_597360e1e2_b.jpg

Toxa said:
the first round is up :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxhKMjpBE5c

you're so blessed gutterboy xD

Word, just got home and saw it is finally done! Wow, that took a while to process. Only took like 8 minutes to upload but several hours to process.

I hope I got enough of the action. It is very difficult to plan your camera changes with out "studying" the replay ahead of time, which is just entirely too time consuming.

Ok, next stop, round 2. I will grab the NTSC replay of Laguna.

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Toxa were you really driving around since the start with damage basically all over your car?

due to the network issue it's a bug from the game, during my race (and my replay) my car was undamaged

Mush

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
As I anticipated, I got 1:47.532 on softs using the Takata '06. The '06 NSX's are so much better than the weight restricted Epson.
Looks like I need some more practice. :/

- Suzuka-gate has been resolved. All updated results can be found here and in the OP.

- The race preview will be up a bit later, so Angst can stop pestering me for the number of laps. :p

- KZG Racing has officially swapped cars and will be driving the Denso Lexus for the rest of the season.

- Metalmurphy and [In//Effect-Mode] need a spiffy team name.

Mush

Metalmurphy said:
Oh man... I'm the least orginal and creative person on the planet. I'll leave that to [In//Effect-Mode] :p
Team MJ it is then. ;)

Starting to hit the low 1.46s. This is good.

Angst

Mush said:
Looks like I need some more practice. :/

- Suzuka-gate has been resolved. All updated results can be found here and in the OP.

- The race preview will be up a bit later, so Angst can stop pestering me for the number of laps. :p

- KZG Racing has officially swapped cars and will be driving the Denso Lexus for the rest of the season.

- Metalmurphy and [In//Effect-Mode] need a spiffy team name.
Good, now I can finally sleep at night and not lie awake thinking about how many laps the next race will be. :D

Top Bottom