• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Toxa said:
no it was you :p

and BAM :

460740GrandValleySpeedway40.jpg

My car is damaged my replay shows that your car was also damaged

pure racing incident

Damn, that looks nothing like what my replay has. I can send you the file if you´re interested.

The weirdest thing IMO is that you can see damage on my car... i swear i had nothing on it, and drove like nothing happened...

Mush and Gutterboy, what did you guys saw?

btw, you were the one having problems with the connection right Toxa? I don´t know if it´s possible to be a technichal issue, but i don´t get how a same thing shows up as a hit and a non hit for different players.

Mush

OPnh2.png

Race results after 21 laps

W2fbk.png

Team points standings after Round Three

Etq6N.png

Drivers Standings after Round Three
(please note, this only shows the drivers who have competed so far)

yvxKe.png

Awards

Fastest Lap during Main Race: seattle6418 +10 points
Most Lead Laps: seattle6418 +10 points
MVP: ashk +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: h3ro +15 points

Replays

Copy these to your XMB and import them to GT5 in the Replay menu.

Round Three - Grand Valley Speedway

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
Is Seattle gonna run every race for the 2K Runners? He's running away with the lead right now.
http://instantrimshot.com/

I really have no idea. He has one more race to run, if he continues to race for 2K Runners afterwards, no points will count towards his drivers standings, only for his team standings.

Mush said:

I really have no idea. He has one more race to run, if he continues to race for 2K Runners afterwards, no points will count towards his drivers standings, only for his team standings.

Yep, i know and that´s how it should be. Haven´t heard in a while from Viakado, but i´m sure he will race at least a couple of rounds.

I still want to hear more from the first lap happenings. I want to hear what the others have to say. the pictures Toxa posted are very telling, but for this alone i will have to learn how to upload pictures and post on GAF so we can compare.

I'm in the same boat, Mush. I haven't heard from Konosuke since the league was started, I'll probably look for another teammate after SSR5 Reverse.

For those have been practicing on SSR5 Reverse already, what is your best time? ...I've managed to hit 1.19 (new time), by the 5th lap my time increases by almost 1 second each following due to tire wear. Lap 8-9, pretty much time to swap out tires.

A visual tour of Gutterboy44's first two laps of Round 3 - Grand Valley Speedway
Click images for high res

Yeah! 2nd on the grid, thank you Qualifying roulette!

Blu getting a little touchy feely

But he makes it by without too much problem, no biggie

Hmm, that blue car seems to be getting closer, I think that is Mush. Hi Mush, let's not get too close.

OMG! Close!

After trading paint more than a Benjamin Moore in an ashram, I make it out in one piece.

Mmm, sexy NSX line.

Going into the hairpin, looks civil enough

What a lovely bunch of chaps

NSX holy trinity

Mush Metal making moves.

Mush Metal making sweet passionate love to my rear quarter panel.

Tokyo DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!

This is bad

:(

Make it back to the pits, which are busy. What the hell is happening on the front straight?

OK! Fresh tires, hauling ass through the S's, hmmm is that smoke over the hill?

Mush, already with his hands full, doesn't notice the green monster approaching at maximum speed.

Everyone seems to be sideways!

FFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! Going too fast, can't dodge!

Dancing on a single blade of grass, Gutter's hopes and dreams flash before his eyes and he eats some concrete wall hard after clipping Mush.

Toxa

seattle6418 said:
Damn, that looks nothing like what my replay has. I can send you the file if you´re interested.

The weirdest thing IMO is that you can see damage on my car... i swear i had nothing on it, and drove like nothing happened...

Mush and Gutterboy, what did you guys saw?

btw, you were the one having problems with the connection right Toxa? I don´t know if it´s possible to be a technichal issue, but i don´t get how a same thing shows up as a hit and a non hit for different players.

I felt and heard a big clash in the first corner and my car was damaged (that's why it was so easy to overtake me) with your car in my rearview mirror, that's it

Oh yeah gutterboy44. I apologize for making you do an 180º after you started spinning, but it was either that or crash into the Xanavi lol. Since you were already spinning/drifting I went with that :p

P.S.- Yes that's me not Mush :p

I was not spinning at all until you clipped my rear right. You pushed wide after the apex. It is a racing incident, but I did not spin before the contact.

To my defence, that's not what happened on my end. Maybe it was lag but you started spinning which made you loose speed which made me hit you, I'm guilty of not stopping and continue to move which made you 180º afterwards though.

I'll recheck the replay to see it more carefully.

Shit man, I think your right. In my replay I'm not going as wide as in your shot, but it still seems like I hit you.

Ooops :/ Sorry.

Didn't even notice it while racing.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
gutterboy44 said:
A visual tour of Gutterboy44's first two laps of Round 3 - Grand Valley Speedway
Click images for high res

Make it back to the pits, which are busy. What the hell is happening on the front straight?
A very sexy beast is at play there:

What you cannot see on my picture (but is partially hinted at on yours) is my skidmark stretching far beyond the pitstop entrance. Also, its shape is nowhere as ugly as it looks on the shot from your replay ;D

Btw:

h3ro making way to a fellow yellowhatter (while his GT-R could see a doctor). Yellowhatters rule! : )

h3ro

Yellowhat > all other liveries. :)
My poor GT-R has taken such a pounding...

Also, I hope you all enjoyed the last two races, because come next week... he's baaaaack.

tributetwo4eooo.gif

brentech

Letting my Bspec run a 24 hour Le Mans for now (watching football today). Tomorrow, I begin practice for my first race in the series. Shit's about to get real.

blu

brentech said:
Letting my Bspec run a 24 hour Le Mans for now (watching football today). Tomorrow, I begin practice for my first race in the series. Shit's about to get real.
And this, gaf, is what Mad Hatters are made of!

Go go go, brentech!

Niks

Dibbz said:
Oh shit Crumb is coming back for the next race??!!
:(
Enjoy the challenge!! Practice is the key!
Its futile

BTW, have seattle and crumb raced against each other yet?
I demand they do
and take each other out
;)

Dibbz

TheSeks said:
What is this from? :lol

In any case, if Crumb is back, it means I have no chance in hell next week. :(
That's crumbs avatar, I just added the words to it because lets face it we might as well give him the points now :lol.

I agree with having seattle and crumb taking each other out *finger crossed* :D

Toxa

Mush said:

IMO it won't be fair, in other teams (with 2 drivers) there is more or less a more talented driver than the other which balances the championship.

Fas owns a GTR one of the best super GT cars and he's a pretty good driver allowing him to have the opportunity to win each races and monopolize the first place in the team ranking

if salacious was with us at GVS he probably would have finished first or second, but h3ro did a bad race allowing other team from scoring more points.

so he need to find a teammate for the 4 other race.

BTW fas in this pic you car is damaged (at least a scratch)

485231210570GrandValleySpeedway42.jpg

Dibbz

I agree with Toxa. It's only fair on everyone else that Seattle gets his partner to participate in 4 races. Other teams could do that same and put there strongest driver in all races but then whats the point in having teams.

BTW which teams are no shows so far? We had 16 teams signed up in December didn't we? I don't think I've seen a race where all teams have participated.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dibbz said:
I agree with Toxa. It's only fair on everyone else that Seattle gets his partner to participate in 4 races. Other teams could do that same and put there strongest driver in all races but then whats the point in having teams.

BTW which teams are no shows so far? We had 16 teams signed up in December didn't we? I don't think I've seen a race where all teams have participated.

15 now as Be is streaming.

Az missed the first race, so Dead Man is doing 4 (IIRC) while I do 3 (back-to-back-to-back) to fill in for Az and do three that I prefer to drive on. Even if I'm dead last with the DS3. :/

Mush said:
Awards

Fastest Lap during Main Race: seattle6418 +10 points
Most Lead Laps: seattle6418 +10 points
MVP: ashk +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: h3ro +15 points

Mush, what criteria are you basing these awards on? I figured Toxa would have won the MVP after having to pit after 1 lap and coming back all the way to 2nd. And I thought for sure Gutterboy would have won Spirit of Translator-san considering how fast he was during the practicing and qualifying, but unfortunately getting taken out early. I mean, and no offense to h3ro, but he spent the entire race bouncing off walls and spinning in dirt. He was 5 laps down before he even completed 5 laps. I don't think giving awards to people who just have a terrible race is fair to the back-markers who are still trying to complete and also not mess up the leaders.

h3ro

weekend_warrior said:
Mush, what criteria are you basing these awards on? I figured Toxa would have won the MVP after having to pit after 1 lap and coming back all the way to 2nd. And I thought for sure Gutterboy would have won Spirit of Translator-san considering how fast he was during the practicing and qualifying, but unfortunately getting taken out early. I mean, and no offense to h3ro, but he spent the entire race bouncing off walls and spinning in dirt. He was 5 laps down before he even completed 5 laps. I don't think giving awards to people who just have a terrible race is fair to the back-markers who are still trying to complete and also not mess up the leaders.

No offense taken bud. I had a crap race and leaving the car idling in the pit for 15 minutes didn't help. I'll practice more (couldn't practice much because of work) and really appreciate the votes I got. If someone (gutterboy?) did get more votes than me for the award, then by all means the points should go to them.

To be fair though, I put myself in the wall/sand trap purposely a few times to avoid any disruption with the leading pack. I did move off the racing line properly while running my laps when I could but at the later portions of the race, I parked it to allow the ensuing group to overtake without any hindering from me.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:

To be honest I kinda wanted to bring up this exact point.

I mean, no disrespect at all to the people who got the awards, but I just feel that there were a couple guys in that last race that really made me say "wow" and Gutterboy and Toxa would definitely be those two, based on their circumstances.

I think we should do some kind of organized voting for these awards in the future. After the race is over, we should all immediately report to the forums and give a vote for ONE driver for each award of MVP and SOT-S.

Example:

MVP: Toxa
SOT-S: Gutterboy

That is not much to ask from everyone after a race is over, and this way it's all up to the community to award these points. I mean unless I missed it, there was no organized voting at all for these awards for this last race. I saw a few people (including myself) mention Gutterboy for the SOT-S award, but that's about it. How does this system work?

Just my 2 cents.

Dibbz

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I'm in the same boat, Mush. I haven't heard from Konosuke since the league was started, I'll probably look for another teammate after SSR5 Reverse.

For those have been practicing on SSR5 Reverse already, what is your best time? ...I've managed to hit 1.19 (new time), by the 5th lap my time increases by almost 1 second each following due to tire wear. Lap 8-9, pretty much time to swap out tires.
Done a few laps on SSR5 Reverse and fastest lap was a 1'17.7

Gotta say the tyres were wearing off like crazy, about 10 laps or so I'd say I was lasting. So many fast sweeping turns that really wear them down, and as soon as they start to fall away lap times drop a lot. Gonna have a look at some configuration that'll keep my tyres for getting destroyed so quickly.

Agree with you there Jim, we should have a vote after the race where people nominate MVP and SOT candidates. Was it monkey who had to help a patient out during the race? If so I can understand him getting awarded this week, but I wasn't in the race so don't think I can comment on anyone else.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So is there any SSR5R practice going on? I need some seat time with a few others on the track.

Mush

Dibbz said:
Mush I've noticed you've penciled me in as having race on Grand Valley in the drivers standings but I didn't.
:/

One day. One day!

Should be fixed now. As for my criteria for giving out the awards, I felt that h3ro with out a doubt deserved it for coming back after being called out for work. And ashk got MVP for finishing 4th in his first race when he was up against a lot of well established drivers. But we need a better system, I agree. In Suzuka, we voted for the awards right after the race in the lobby, but that hasn't happened since.

brentech

TheSeks said:
So is there any SSR5R practice going on? I need some seat time with a few others on the track.
I'll be running/attending one tomorrow for sure myself. Currently celebrating Packers victory and watching the next game...

TheSeks said:

Open up a lobby and I'll join >.>

@Dibbz -- Yeah, SSRS isn't racing tire friendly. I somehow managed to pull a 1.18 lap (my fastest so far) and I can remain on the track up until lap 10, but by then I'm doing controlled slides in and out of turns which is destined to put me and other drivers at risk. I've come to the conclusion that I will definitely be left behind the pack after pitting at lap 8-9; rather be safe than sorry.

Mush

Mush sez wii should haz mid-week practice race for funsez

We can practice some proper racing etiquette and not fuck up turn one every time!

15 laps - Tsukuba Circuit. Who's with me?

Mush said:

We can practice some proper racing etiquette and not fuck up turn one every time!

Weekendz sez he'z a...ah fuck it. Yeah, I'll be there.

Niks

Mush said:

Im in.
Racing 101 - How not to fuck up turn 1
:p

Mush said:

Good, i´ll have more time this week.

We should also do it a mic open session so we can discuss things, and also figure out the qualify.

blu

Mush said:

I'll participate just to show you all how wrong your are in even assuming that is possible :D

Also, I love Tsukuba.

Dibbz

I'll try and be there Mush for the practice.

One thing I think we need to test is private lounge. We should really set one up and get everyone to join that instead of an online lounge to see if it help with the bad connections.

Angst

Ufra: what settings did you use for the server on saturday?

Dibbz: what settings did you use when you hosted laguna?

We seemed to have had a lot more issues when Ufra was hosting with the invisible cars etc. Maybe it should be set to very low quality instead? Or maybe we should try another host next time.

Dibbz

Angst said:
Ufra: what settings did you use for the server on saturday?

Dibbz: what settings did you use when you hosted laguna?

We seemed to have had a lot more issues when Ufra was hosting with the invisible cars etc. Maybe it should be set to very low quality instead? Or maybe we should try another host next time.
Mine was set at High I think. It was recommended for me though.

Top Bottom