• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Angst said:
Ufra: what settings did you use for the server on saturday?

Dibbz: what settings did you use when you hosted laguna?

We seemed to have had a lot more issues when Ufra was hosting with the invisible cars etc. Maybe it should be set to very low quality instead? Or maybe we should try another host next time.
I don't think it's related to the game quality. Once the players are synched every thing works regardless of the connection. It's just some nasty bug in the game.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
I don't think it's related to the game quality. Once the players are synched every thing works regardless of the connection. It's just some nasty bug in the game.
The thing is that I was synched pre-race. Then h3ro's car disappeared. It's pretty weird and I have no clue what's causing it.

GodofWine

Sorry guys, was taken out of action by a migrane / sinus infection...I was sitting in a dark room with a cold wet rag on my face, trying to not vomit....(which is not all that different than what I do while I race... :/ )

I do intend on making next week.

Mush

GodofWine said:
Sorry guys, was taken out of action by a migrane / sinus infection...I was sitting in a dark room with a cold wet rag on my face, trying to not vomit....

I do intend on making next week.
No worries! :) I'm sure we'll eventually get a full grid this season.

What time works for everyone for the proposed practice race? Sometime Tuesday?

ashk

Mush said:

Not in the dead of the night (CET) is enough to make me happy, but I know time zones are a tricky thing.

Started school back up today, will probably have time Tuesday for GVS cap, since there was the good stream of Laguna I might put off the first lap caps of that till later in the week.

Mush said:

I´m on a work trip until friday, so i can only join you guys then... i´ll try to put viakado on this round.

But i´ll be watching the race... and i can drive the pace car if we decide to use it with the remaining spots. (assuming people liked the idea of yellow flags, yay ou nay).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
seattle6418 said:
I´m on a work trip until friday, so i can only join you guys then... i´ll try to put viakado on this round.

But i´ll be watching the race... and i can drive the pace car if we decide to use it with the remaining spots. (assuming people liked the idea of yellow flags, yay ou nay).
Yay. Qualifying is fucked up in its current form, we need to do something about it.

Edit: sorry, I read about a pace car and my mind immediately switched to the starting grid issues. What yellow flags?

Dibbz

seattle6418 said:

I really like the idea of having a warm up lap lead by a pace car and then sort the grid out that way but they only problem I can see with it is the race countdown. How is everyone supposed to get a signal to go. Also false starts would not be in effect at that point.

Yellow flags are also not an issue since we don't have debris or anything left on the roads to clear up (although it's a nice idea).

Mush how about we do that practice at the normal 21:00 GMT time races usually are on? Most people seem to be able to make that time.

Regarding the connection problems, I do remember having an issue with Toxa at one point where couldn't join my room whilst UFRA was in it. When he left to go make another Toxa was able to join my room and UFRA joined back and it seemed to work.

Maybe for your races you should try another host?

brentech

Doing some lounge practice if anyone wants to join in. Pretty much my first time on this course, taking some getting used to. As someone else mentioned, it tears through tires pretty good.

I think the yellow flag idea could work in either of 2 ways. Both requiring the careful eye of spectators and a pace car on track.

One way would work like NASCAR yellow flags. After in accident a pace car would come out to slow the field. This would benefit anybody involved in the crash, as well as anyone else dealing with damage. How it would work is the pace car would appear from the pit area and limit the fields speed for 2 laps, giving everyone who wants a chance to pit, and then rejoin the field at the back of the pack. We could even add a clause that lets the first lapped car get a lap back and rejoin at the back.

Another way would be to only penalize the car responsible for the crash. Spectators could say "So and so caused a crash on someone. Bring him in." And the pace car pick the person up, like a cop, and pull them over for ~10-20 seconds.

I think the first option would work great for a multi-car crash. Since it's very difficult to tell who's at fault the best option is to simply slow the field, have people fix damage, and reset with everyone still in good position. That way even if a fast driver gets fucked and ends up at the back, they'd still still only be about 15 seconds back from the leader instead of a minute or more. This would also prevent races like last week where Seattle was almost 2 minutes ahead of the next person.

The second option would be for when a driver is at obvious fault for crashing another driver. They would both still have to pit on their own, but the adding penalty (and perhaps embarrassment) would hopefully help reduce the number of these occurrences.

Food for thought.

Niks

Yellow flags are not part of the game, and it would complicate things even more to try to implement them in some makeshift fashion imo.

Races are fine as they are, people just need to take it easy on the first lap/corner or maybe even consider rolling starts.

blu

weekend_warrior said:
Food for thought.
I think the first option is quite viable, and the second - not so much; penalizing the alleged wrongdoer does not help the victim, who still need to pit for repairs, and potentially there might be multiple vehicles involved, etc. And this is before the fact accidents often need to be reviewed in replays so people can figure out who did what.

My major concern, though, still remains with the starting grid. Dibbz raises a valid question - once we have the correct grid on the start-finish straight, how does somebody like a pace car signal a start? I think the solutions to that might be:

* it doesn't. Pace car just has a known-in-advance exit location along the track - say, first major corner, where it just leaves the track to the sides, and the racing grid effectively gets a rolling start.

* given the topology of the terrain allows it, pace car gets on a higher ground in front of, and facing the grid, and signals with the headlights (say, third flash is a go, or anything like that). That'd allow for standing starts.

Niks said:
Yellow flags are not part of the game, and it would complicate things even more to try to implement them in some makeshift fashion imo.

Races are fine as they are, people just need to take it easy on the first lap/corner or maybe even consider rolling starts.

Yeah, I think it is just a case of practice. It may sound silly but how about a practice race during the break. No damage, use the penalty system, choose a short track and everyone form a line as close together as possible. Then just drive around keeping as close as possible, gradually increasing speed so people can get used to pack racing, just an idea anyhow.

UFRA

Angst said:
Ufra: what settings did you use for the server on saturday?

Dibbz: what settings did you use when you hosted laguna?

We seemed to have had a lot more issues when Ufra was hosting with the invisible cars etc. Maybe it should be set to very low quality instead? Or maybe we should try another host next time.

I used Standard with voice chat off.

There seems to be something up with Toxa and me as far as our networks communicating. But as MM said it's also a game bug that many people experience (invisible cars).

Before GVS I suggested possibly trying another host but no one stepped forward. :p

I'd be glad to have someone else try for the sake of having everyone see each other.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I think the yellow flag idea could work in either of 2 ways. Both requiring the careful eye of spectators and a pace car on track.

One way would work like NASCAR yellow flags. After in accident a pace car would come out to slow the field. This would benefit anybody involved in the crash, as well as anyone else dealing with damage. How it would work is the pace car would appear from the pit area and limit the fields speed for 2 laps, giving everyone who wants a chance to pit, and then rejoin the field at the back of the pack. We could even add a clause that lets the first lapped car get a lap back and rejoin at the back.

The problem with this is that there are accidents nearly every lap (since none of us are pro race drivers). The pace car would be out the entire race. lol

weekend_warrior said:
Another way would be to only penalize the car responsible for the crash. Spectators could say "So and so caused a crash on someone. Bring him in." And the pace car pick the person up, like a cop, and pull them over for ~10-20 seconds.

The second option would be for when a driver is at obvious fault for crashing another driver. They would both still have to pit on their own, but the adding penalty (and perhaps embarrassment) would hopefully help reduce the number of these occurrences.

I like this idea, although I would say rather than involving the pace car, the offender of the incident should simply be instructed to enter the pits and that will be sufficient enough. A pit stop takes about 30 seconds or so, and that's a significant enough penalty for someone.

blu said:
I think the first option is quite viable, and the second - not so much; penalizing the alleged wrongdoer does not help the victim, who still need to pit for repairs, and potentially there might be multiple vehicles involved, etc. And this is before the fact accidents often need to be reviewed in replays so people can figure out who did what.

I disagree with this. It's possible to make car contact and not damage someone. If I were to get my tail end tapped on a hairpin turn, I could easily spin out. Now the offender and myself have no damage, but I just got put back 10 seconds. He should just be able to go free? In real racing, this driver may be penalized on the spot. (Edit: and I'm talking about an obvious, aggressive, tap. Not just a "hey dude it's racing" tap, which would not be an issue)

Even another option, besides the idea of having the offender enter the pits, is simply instructing them to slow down and let the victim pass before resuming speed. This would only work if no damage resulted to the victim(s). A good example of this was the video Dibbz posted which consisted of an awesome real race on Laguna Seca. During the main straightaway, a driver made an overtake by going into the pit exit lane, which was illegal. He was then instructed via radio to let the other driver pass him before he could resume the battle.

blu said:
My major concern, though, still remains with the starting grid. Dibbz raises a valid question - how, once we have the correct grid on the start-finish straight, does somebody like a pace car, signal a start. I think the solutions to that might be:

* it doesn't. Pace car just has a known-in-advance exit location along the track - say, first major turn, where it just leaves the track to the sides, and the racing grid effectively gets a rolling start.

* given the topology of the terrain allows it, pace car gets on a higher ground in front of, and facing the grid, and signals with the headlights (say, third flash is a go, or anything like that). That'd allow for standing starts.

If we did a parade lap, the pace car would simply exit the track after 1 lap by entering the pits. At this point, once the pace car enters the pits, the cars would know to start the race and we'd just have a rolling start.

The pace car is a standard car and cannot flash headlights, unfortunately. If we used a parade lap, the rolling start would be the only option. Even if a spectator typed via text 3, 2, 1, go - this would not work because there is still a delay that varies from person to person when it comes to seeing the text.

blu

UFRA said:
The problem with this is that there are accidents nearly every lap (since none of us are pro race drivers). The pace car would be out the entire race. lol
Got to agree with you there.

I disagree with this. It's possible to make car contact and not damage someone. If I were to get my tail end tapped on a hairpin turn, I could easily spin out. Now the offender and myself have no damage, but I just got put back 10 seconds. He should just be able to go free? In real racing, this driver may be penalized on the spot. (Edit: and I'm talking about an obvious, aggressive, tap. Not just a "hey dude it's racing" tap, which would not be an issue)

Even another option, besides the idea of having the offender enter the pits, is simply instructing them to slow down and let the victim pass before resuming speed. This would only work if no damage resulted to the victim(s). A good example of this was the video Dibbz posted which consisted of an awesome real race on Laguna Seca. During the main straightaway, a driver made an overtake by going into the pit exit lane, which was illegal. He was then instructed via radio to let the other driver pass him before he could resume the battle.
All this sounds nice, but I see one huge tech obstacle there - we will need quite a few watchful observers, basically one observer per driver, if we hope to achieve any good effectiveness there.

edit: actually, half the number of drivers should suffice, granted we only care about accidents involving two or more cars.

If we did a parade lap, the pace car would simply exit the track after 1 lap by entering the pits. At this point, once the pace car enters the pits, the cars would know to start the race and we'd just have a rolling start.
Agreed. A parade lap provides for a natural exit for the pace car. Some tracks, though, might be a tad too much to parade (case in point: Nordschleife). The exit at first major corner version does not suffer from that.

The pace car is a standard car and cannot flash headlights, unfortunately. If we used a parade lap, the rolling start would be the only option. Even if a spectator typed via text 3, 2, 1, go - this would not work because there is still a delay that varies from person to person when it comes to seeing the text.
Totally agree about the start-by-chat - messages arrive with arbitrary delays for each participant. That's why the flashing headlights is the better version. Now, re that, the pace car does not have to be the actual standard pace car - can be any premium reasonably-fast car, subject to pace-car driver's taste.

UFRA

You know, thinking about this even more, it's a very tough situation.

If we were to go with a proposed idea of a pace car and steward, we're talking about sacrificing 3 spots on the grid on every race.

-One for the pace car driver (who has to stay in the race and can't spectate)
-One for the spectator to monitor and issue penalties
-One for vissione to stream the race

Edit: although one fix on this could be - we only use the pace car for the parade lap, and then this driver exits the race and becomes the race spectator. ;)

If we were to have all teams participate, we couldn't even use this system anyways. :/

At some point we just have to say we're SOL, and GT5 has limits on us when it comes to trying to make every aspect of this league work.

I think at the very minimum, when we're back in the forums after a race, if someone has a complaint about an incident we should all view the replay and vote on the incident as either needing a penalty or not. It would be nice if everyone would save their replays so that we as a community could vote on the incidents (excluding the involved parties). If you don't like taking up space with replays just save them for a week and delete them once we start the next race weekend. :)

blu said:
All this sounds nice, but I see one huge tech obstacle there - we will need quite a few watchful observers, basically one observer per driver, if we hope to achieve any good effectiveness there.

This is so true. It really is the main flaw with the race spectator idea. He/she can only see one car at a time. At best, they can pick out a car that's driving in a pack and watch for incidents, since there's really no need to watch cars out by themselves.

But yes, that's a major problem with that idea and we have no way around it. :(

Edit 2: And you're right, the pace car doesn't have to be the official GT pace car lol. Whenever I see "pace car" I immediately think of that one, and wasn't thinking of other options.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mush said:

I'd say Thursday, but that's because I have nothing at 7PM EST to do.

Dead Man

UFRA said:
You know, thinking about this even more, it's a very tough situation.

If we were to go with a proposed idea of a pace car and steward, we're talking about sacrificing 3 spots on the grid on every race.

-One for the pace car driver (who has to stay in the race and can't spectate)
-One for the spectator to monitor and issue penalties
-One for vissione to stream the race

If we were to have all teams participate, we couldn't even use this system anyways. :/

At some point we just have to say we're SOL, and GT5 has limits on us when it comes to trying to make every aspect of this league work.

I think at the very minimum, when we're back in the forums after a race, if someone has a complaint about an incident we should all view the replay and vote on the incident as either needing a penalty or not. It would be nice if everyone would save their replays so that we as a community could vote on the incidents (excluding the involved parties). If you don't like taking up space with replays just save them for a week and delete them once we start the next race weekend. :)
(
I think this is key. PD have not made a racing game, they've made a driving game that lets you race. So we should approach it in that manner, I think. Some people here seem to be very competitive about the league, and that's fine. But knowing the limitations of GT5, I was never expecting a massive professional type thing, just some fun races.

ashk

I agree with Niks, all this talk about different start procedures and in-race penalties seem overly complicated, not to mention the inherent flaws with every system. A few of them that I noticed immediately:

Spotting cars responsible for accidents: it would need a spectator for each racer (if there are fewer an incident between to unspectated cars would go unnoticed), spectators could make the wrong decision (race stewards watch countless replays to make sure of their decision).

"NASCAR type" yellow flags - I don't watch NASCAR so I'm not entirely familiar what this means, in European-based racing yellow flags are just for a sector of a track and they just mean "slow down a bit." The safety car only comes out if there's risk to the racing drivers - since this is a game there is no risk, so this might as well be an arbitrary system to bunch the racers up and make the racing "artificially" more exciting (and give those that crashed a break).

Pace car start - might as well do a normal rolling start (although this might be good for getting the starting positions right).

A car signaling the start with headlights - I don't think that the cars at the back, or even the middle of the grid would be able to see that.

As an idea for making cleaner starts, a rolling start may be enough. Or maybe a 1 lap race before the main one to get a feel for the start.

Dibbz

Another thought that I've come up with regarding qualification positions is what if we set the grid order to slowest first do a 1 lap race and just reverse the real grid order. That way we get a "warm up lap" and we get the real start of the race after it with a countdown and false starts.

That all depends on whether or not the slowest first option works like it should. I've used it a few times and not had problems but this league seems to bring up crazy things so who knows.

The whole steward issue is a nice touch but imo it would be a waste of a slot. I don't think it would work either since we don't have the ability to go back a review incidents. You either catch it or you see arrows on the map and try to switch over by which time you can't tell what happened. Any major fuck ups by other drivers and we'll just consult after the race about it like mentioned above.

BTW we need to get this sorted out ASAP. So if everyone is up for it tomorrow at 21:00 GMT or earlier let me know.

blu

Dead Man said:
I think this is key. PD have not made a racing game, they've made a driving game that lets you race. So we should approach it in that manner, I think. Some people here seem to be very competitive about the league, and that's fine. But knowing the limitations of GT5, I was never expecting a massive professional type thing, just some fun races.
Well, IMO, I am one of the least competitive guys here, but nevertheless I still think having a meaningful starting grid is part of the fun of racing. We can always say 'ah screw it' and succumb to the current grid lottery (hey, I should be all for that - that's my best chance for a forward position! ; ), but I still think we have better options. I.e. we can 'revert to manual control', and have the host arrange the cars according to individual reported lap times (game allows for manual arranging of the grid, no?).

Niks

UFRA said:

I think at the very minimum, when we're back in the forums after a race, if someone has a complaint about an incident we should all view the replay and vote on the incident as either needing a penalty or not. It would be nice if everyone would save their replays so that we as a community could vote on the incidents (excluding the involved parties).

This.

The game is not perfect and this is the most sensible way to go around the issues that arise.

I repeat, everyone needs to take it easy on the first lap/corner, and slower/damaged cars need to be on the lookout for faster cars lapping them. All there is to it really.

ashk

Dibbz said:
Another thought that I've come up with regarding qualification positions is what if we set the grid order to slowest first do a 1 lap race and just reverse the real grid order. That way we get a "warm up lap" and we get the real start of the race after it with a countdown and false starts.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. Have a 1 lap race prior to the real one, and manipulate the results (this might take some effort) according to the fastest times in qualifying so that the positions in the real race are in the right order.

Dead Man

blu said:
Well, IMO, I am one of the least competitive guys here, but nevertheless I still think having a meaningful starting grid is part of the fun of racing. We can always say 'ah screw it' and succumb to the current grid lottery (hey, I should be all for that - that's my best chance for a forward position! ; ), but I still think we have better options. I.e. we can 'revert to manual control', and have the host arrange the cars according to individual reported lap times (game allows for manual arranging of the grid, no?).
For sure, getting the starting grid fixed is worth doing, I was more talking about the yellow flags/stewards/other resource intensive fixes. All I mean is that PD did not give us a system for race simming, they gave us as system to put a bunch of cars on a track.

Angst

I think pace cars, stewards etc would just overly complicate things. Even if you spectate and happen to catch an incident it's pretty hard to pass judgement on the spot. And then we have to factor in lag which means it doesn't necessarily look the same to everyone.

For me the big thing is starting order. We need to figure out how it works in the game and use that.

A pace car rolling start could help. But it might also mean that the grid gets drawn out during the pace lap and the pace car might not know about that. Even if we go really slow there's bound to be mistakes. People will try their best to warm up their tyres which will lead to accidents.

I say we use the system in place and try to figure out how it works. I'll be there tomorrow at 21.00 GMT.

Just wanted to chime in... while I do feel we need to find a proper format as far qualifying goes, I don't think we need to introduce additional rules not support by GT5. I agree with Niks, the whole makeshift regulations are just redundant -- I can see them causing more issues than solving any. Creating a much more cumbersome, tedious experience for everyone. I think in our current situation, all responsibility should lie with the driver(s); learn/practice proper driving etiquette.

GT5 doesn't support any Simulation Racing options/features and rules of any sort. We're just going to have to work with what we have in this case.

I really think you guys are over thinking the yellow flag idea. First of all, it would only be for crashes involving multiple people, meaning 3 or more. How many of those do we have a race? 2 maybe 3? And we don't need a spectator for each driver, it's easy for one person (Vissone) to monitor the map and look for clustering of cars and a bad accident. Especially since we usually know when they will happen (first turn of every race :|). I'm not saying that people still don't need to practice racing in tight groups, I'm just saying this is the only solution to insure peoples days aren't ruined on the first lap like what's been happening.

Here's how the situation at Grand Valley would have gone down:

The start of the race the cars take off. The first corner the cars begin to cluster, some people in the middle of the pack get lose, bump into others, and accidents happen. Lets say Seattle and UFRA leading the group aren't involved, Gutterboy, Blu, Toxa and some others take damage, 4 guys in the back of the pack make it through untouched.

Vissone and the pace car driver see this, put YELLOW FLAG up in chat. Everyone sees this and knows (from earlier discussion) that the pace car will be coming out of the back of the pit. Racing continues for this lap and the position of cars when they cross the start line are set. All cars are allowed to pit, and catch up behind the pace car. No passing is allowed once behind the pace car, generous spacing is expected by everyone (~5 car lengths), when the pace car goes into the pits the cars can accelerate but not pass until the they pass the start line. The race resumes.

In this situation Seattle and UFRA would still lead the pack, the 4 cars that took damage would be behind them, the the cars involved in the crash would be behind them. Everyone would again be within ~20 seconds of the lead, the faster cars would have plenty of time to pass the slower cars and regain good position. Everyone gets a fair shake at the podium, instead of one car leading the entire race by a lap.

Having all cars within ~20 seconds of the lead would just make everyone crash in the NEXT corner.

I think we just need to learn to go into corners more carefully when it's packed with cars.

Metalmurphy said:
Having all cars within ~20 seconds of the lead would just make everyone crash in the NEXT corner.

I think we just need to learn to go into corners more carefully when it's packed with cars.

What? When cars crash in to the beginning it's because everyone is within about 2 seconds of each other. 20 seconds would put each car about 5 car lengths away from each other. Plenty of space to prevent more crashes.

weekend_warrior said:
What? When cars crash in to the beginning it's because everyone is within about 2 seconds of each other. 20 seconds would put each car about 5 car lengths away from each other. Plenty of space to prevent more crashes.

2*13 = 26seconds

20/13= 1.5 seconds of each other.

(using 13 cars as an example as last race)

That's pretty much the same difference as a starting line. Some times even more due to false starts.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:

This. Brake a bit earlier, anticipate the car in front slowing down earlier since he's being careful also (hopefully), keep a bit more distance if necessary. And don't try to outbreak people by going on their inside unless you're ahead of them, especially on the first corner since there's lots of cars around just waiting to get crashed into. This is how I got through the first half lap of GVS (with a bit of luck of course).

Dibbz

I get what your saying WW but there's a few things that can make matters worse for example what if people overtake when the yellow flags out? How will we know, we can't watch everyone.

What if someone spins out on their own even if they're racing in a pack and the spectators miss it and only see the arrow of the track. No one was at fault but we would probably still get yellow flags which is not fair on everyone else.

We are only three races in so far and there are still points up for grabs through nearly all positions so it's possible even if your not fighting for the win, you'll always most likely be fighting for good points.

First lap is always tough, everyone should be prepared to get hit because it happens and imo I don't think us adding these rules will really solve much.

Metalmurphy said:
2*13 = 26seconds

20/13= 1.5 seconds of each other.

(using 13 cars as an example as last race)

That's pretty much the same difference as a starting line. Some times even more due to false starts.

I really don't understand what point you're trying to make. At 60mph, 1.5secs behind the person in front of you is 131 feet. If you can't help but crash into someone with 131 feet of space then you absolutely suck and should not be allowed in the league.

The beginning of the race has the entire field of cars within about a 120 foot space, meaning each car is within mere feet of each other.

ashk said:
This. Brake a bit earlier, anticipate the car in front slowing down earlier since he's being careful also (hopefully), keep a bit more distance if necessary. And don't try to outbreak people by going on their inside unless you're ahead of them, especially on the first corner since there's lots of cars around just waiting to get crashed into. This is how I got through the first half lap of GVS (with a bit of luck of course).

Ideally this would be the perfect solution. But lets face it, with lag these things aren't always in our control. And it sucks to see someones race ruined 15 seconds into a race. For some of us it takes everything we have to finish in the top 7 or 8, much less being able to run down Crumb or Seattle from 60+ seconds down. This is a way to not only sort out crashes but keep things competitive between the racers.

Dibbz said:
I get what your saying WW but there's a few things that can make matters worse for example what if people overtake when the yellow flags out? How will we know, we can't watch everyone.

What if someone spins out on their own even if they're racing in a pack and the spectators miss it and only see the arrow of the track. No one was at fault but we would probably still get yellow flags which is not fair on everyone else.

I think we can trust each other to not be dirty, or be anal about a single position change. And again, this would be for large crushes only, not for people spin out on there own. Clearly there could be some issues with it and we would have to test it in practice sessions to see if it works.

Angst

I took some pics from the race:
Ufra on the third lap. In second place.
7gTpCh.jpg

goA7qh.jpg

Poor Gutterboy. I was pretty sure I was going to hit him and ruin the race for me as well.
ZaztYh.jpg

5xTVdh.jpg

Managed to avoid him. Phew! Although I could almost hear him screaming in frustration in his car, already thinking about the ragedump he would do later in the thread :D
5hjC0h.jpg

Toxa in the pits as me and Metalmurphy zooms down the straight
DzMrvh.jpg

ofM3Wh.jpg

May I propose a "Coffee Break" lap? ...every 10 laps, all drivers currently on the track pushes pause, enabling auto pilot for one entire lap. This will allow drivers to make a quick run to the restroom, grab a snack, check their emails, etc. or simply take in the sights and sounds of the track location without worrying about all that 'racing business'. Just relax and enjoy the ride.

weekend_warrior said:
I really don't understand what point you're trying to make. At 60mph, 1.5secs behind the person in front of you is 131 feet.
60mph seems a bit to fast for a pace car safe speed.

weekend_warrior said:
If you can't help but crash into someone with 131 feet of space then you absolutely suck and should not be allowed in the league.
I don't think you wanna go down that line, some people here do suck, but they still wanna have fun.

weekend_warrior said:
The beginning of the race has the entire field of cars within about a 120 foot space, meaning each car is within mere feet of each other..
In the start of the race every car is at least 10 feet from each other, but that still doesn't avoid anyone from being together in the first corner. People behind always brake later, and that's the issue.

All I'm saying is, using a pace car to get everyone back togheter will just increase the chance of the same thing happening again.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
May I propose a "Coffee Break" lap? ...every 10 laps, all drivers currently on the track pushes pause, enabling auto pilot for one entire lap. This will allow drivers to make a quick run to the restroom, grab a snack, check their emails, etc. or simply take in the sights and sounds of the track location without worrying about all that 'racing business'. Just relax and enjoy the ride.
It's just 40minutes :p

UFRA

Ok, this truly is getting a bit complicated now. lol

Someone brought up a good point, even if we did have spectators observing violations, there's still the factor of lag. Not everyone sees things the way they actually happened, due to lag. It would suck even more for people to get penalized for things they didn't really do.

To keep things simple, we should just focus on sorting out the qualifying issues, and getting more practice on handling the first lap properly. This is the only stuff we can really solve right now, with not much effort. (i.e. practice, and perhaps a parade lap for races with a rolling start.)

The yellow flag, pace car coming out mid-race, coffee break, and other things is really going to cause more issues than they fix, IMO. And I'm not dismissing people's ideas, I also think my own ideas above would complicate things as well.

Fucking PD, give us a real set of race regulations...

UFRA

I'll be there for tomorrow's practice too. 2100 GMT.

Dibbz you should host, I want to see if Toxa has the same invisibility issues with you or if it's just an issue with him and I.

Dibbz

UFRA said:
I'll be there for tomorrow's practice too. 2100 GMT.

Dibbz you should host, I want to see if Toxa has the same invisibility issues with you or if it's just an issue with him and I.
ok will do but I want to try out private lounge as well as online.

Toxa

I just noticed if fas wins another race it will be mathematically almost impossible to catch him

according to my calculations only salacious can catch him if he wins 3 races

UFRA

Oh shit, Dead Space 2 comes out tomorrow!!

I'll still attend the practice, but probably not quite as long due to this. ;)

Salacious Crumb

Just put in my first few practice laps at SSR5R. Very close walls and poor visibility, this weekend promises to be a race of carnage lol.

Fastest time so far: 1.16.063

Juicy Bob

I'm going to be travelling overseas soon, meaning I'll be away for two weeks. I'll be fine to compete in Round 5, but I won't be posting much, if at all, until just before then. Just letting you know.

Top Bottom