• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush said:
So...

As of 3.44pm Wednesday Kiwi time, we have:

4 cars with two drivers each (aka a full team)

Juicy Beef (Juicy Bob & EL Beefo) - NSX ARTA Super GT, '06
2K Runners (viakado & friends) - GT-R Motul Autech Super GT, '08
GT-R Nismo (BrLvgThrChmstry & Konosuke) GT-R Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '08
Takata Dome (weekend_warrior & Gutterboy44) - NSX Takata Dome Super GT, '06

11 cars with a single driver

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
GodofWine - Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC, '97
TylerD - SC430 Petronas Tom's Super GT, '08
viakado - GT-R Motul Autech Super GT, '08
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
UFRA - GT-R WoodOne Advan Clarion Super GT, '08
Salacious Crumb - GT-R YellowHat YMS Tomica Super GT, '08
mil6es - NSX Epson Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst – Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06
oh sorry for the confusion mush, i wont have my own team. Seattle will be the head racer for 2k runners. me, reilo, btothekw, and nightz will be reserve if need be. if you still need one more team. 2k runners can always splinter off into two teams if need be. i'll just need to see who's willing to commit fully on that schedule.

Mush

viakado said:
oh sorry for the confusion mush, i wont have my own team. Seattle will be the head racer for 2k runners. me, reilo, btothekw, and nightz will be reserve if need be. if you still need one more team. 2k runners can always splinter off into two teams if need be. i'll just need to see who's willing to commit fully on that schedule.
Well, it just so happens that I can give you another car to use, if you wish. I was talking to mclaren777 on PSN before (yes, I know, boo/hiss etc) because he had sent me a message previously stating he would like to compete once his ban was lifted. I was going to save him the Yellow Hat Supra, but since he would like to drive with mil6es & the Epson NSX, I can give you guys that car instead.

gutterboy44 said:
Weekend_Warriror, I was admiring our handsome machine in the dealership last night. I am currently working toward my 4.5mill buffer so I can buy that PD F1 the second it appears...if ever! and then I will be picking up or mean green machine.

I think we need a team name and banner.

Agreed. I'll try coming up with a few ideas.

@ Mush- I'm still a little confused about how the season works. You said 8 races for the season? How do we decide who gets to race the best events. Like Nurburgring. I'm sure me and Gutterboy both want that race. How about if not enough people show for a race? Could we both race and maybe the average of our finishes is what's scored?

Mush

AdvanS13 said:
i'm down for a driver spot. preferbly with a usa co-driver for ease of time diff. communication? anyone.
Sure. Don't be shy, pick one!

l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

weekend_warrior said:
Agreed. I'll try coming up with a few ideas.

@ Mush- I'm still a little confused about how the season works. You said 8 races for the season? How do we decide who gets to race the best events. Like Nurburgring. I'm sure me and Gutterboy both want that race. How about if not enough people show for a race? Could we both race and maybe the average of our finishes is what's scored?
I'm leaving that bit up to you. How ever you decide who races is none of my business. Rock Paper Scissors, Chess, MLG SWAT, I don't care, just get it done. ;)

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Mush said:
Sure. Don't be shy, pick one!

l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

I'm leaving that bit up to you. How ever you decide who races is none of my business. Rock Paper Scissors, Chess, MLG SWAT, I don't care, just get it done. ;)

ufra? i like kitchen nightmares.

mush, how many laps are the races?

Mush

AdvanS13 said:
ufra? i like kitchen nightmares.

mush, how many laps are the races?
The races are expected to be around 30 minutes, but that may change. The amount of laps will depend on the track.

GodofWine

Can I recruit a future GAF member as a co-driver if need be? He has been on the waiting list for 8 months here :lol

C'mon, no one wants to drive the old jalopy with me?

AdvanS13

Neo Member
GodofWine said:
Can I recruit a future GAF member as a co-driver if need be? He has been on the waiting list for 8 months here :lol

C'mon, no one wants to drive the old jalopy with me?
if ufra is too busy cooking and cussing peeps out i will codrive with you

UFRA

seattle6418 said:
I´ve only played online for a couple of minutes so far (been busy with GT life), but can we take upgraded cars online? Doesn´t change automatically to stock once you enter online?

Not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you asking if you modify and put upgraded parts in your Super GT car, will the parts go back to stock when you go online?

No, all upgrades carry into online races. That's why we need to leave the Super GT cars stock. Whatever you do to a car in single player will be copied 1:1 when you bring the car online.

Advan if you want to be my partner that's fine. :p

By the way Mush, as someone else brought up, I think we should allow people to use any of the 3 tire compounds (hard, med, soft) available to increase racing strategies. During my test yesterday, I did about 3 laps at Suzuka with the stock hard compound tires. The tire wear happened faster than I thought (maybe partly because I spun out a few times). So even in a 30 min race with hard tires, I believe pit stops will be necessary.

However, if you allow all 3 compounds, it really will make pit strategies necessary. I was already thinking of going with a 2-stop strategy for the races to maintain an advantage of fresh tires, but that strategy works best if you can use soft or med tires. No sense in changing hard tires so frequently.

Just a suggestion. ;)

AdvanS13

Neo Member
UFRA said:
Not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you asking if you modify and put upgraded parts in your Super GT car, will the parts go back to stock when you go online?

No, all upgrades carry into online races. That's why we need to leave the Super GT cars stock. Whatever you do to a car in single player will be copied 1:1 when you bring the car online.

Advan if you want to be my partner that's fine. :p
mush, confirmed...sign me up with UFRA. damn, now i need to save after blowing bazillions on my gallardo.

UFRA

AdvanS13 said:
mush, confirmed...sign me up with UFRA. damn, now i need to save after blowing bazillions on my gallardo.

Woohoo! Now we need a team name.

Also, go ahead and PM me your PSN ID so I can add you later and we can plan things out as needed once events start getting closer.

Mush

AdvanS13 said:
Cool, I'll just need your team name and credit card number. ;)

UFRA

Mush said:
Cool, I'll just need your team name and credit card number. ;)

Do you accept American Express? :p

By the way, let me make sure I understand the time correctly. I cilcked your handy time chart on the OP. I see it had the time fixed to 10:00AM Wellington Time. I assume this is the time of the races, and all other times in that chart are the equivalent time in different zones?

So I used the Chicago time to understand the races will be at 3:00PM my time (Central time zone)?

Is this correct?

AdvanS13

Neo Member
UFRA said:
Do you accept American Express? :p

By the way, let me make sure I understand the time correctly. I cilcked your handy time chart on the OP. I see it had the time fixed to 10:00AM Wellington Time. I assume this is the time of the races, and all other times in that chart are the equivalent time in different zones?

So I used the Chicago time to understand the races will be at 3:00PM my time (Central time zone)?

Is this correct?
mush, should make a graphical map for us. i'm west coast, i believe it is 1pm?

UFRA

Ok, I gotta take care of some stuff here at home, I'll be back in a little while. I'll try to think of some team names, Advan. By the way, is your name based on the same Advan sponsor that's on our car, or is it different?

AdvanS13

Neo Member
UFRA said:
Ok, I gotta take care of some stuff here at home, I'll be back in a little while. I'll try to think of some team names, Advan. By the way, is your name based on the same Advan sponsor that's on our car, or is it different?
yup :)

UFRA

UFRA said:
By the way Mush, as someone else brought up, I think we should allow people to use any of the 3 tire compounds (hard, med, soft) available to increase racing strategies. During my test yesterday, I did about 3 laps at Suzuka with the stock hard compound tires. The tire wear happened faster than I thought (maybe partly because I spun out a few times). So even in a 30 min race with hard tires, I believe pit stops will be necessary.

However, if you allow all 3 compounds, it really will make pit strategies necessary. I was already thinking of going with a 2-stop strategy for the races to maintain an advantage of fresh tires, but that strategy works best if you can use soft or med tires. No sense in changing hard tires so frequently.

Just a suggestion. ;)

I just noticed tire restrictions in the OP says unrestricted. Does this mean that all 3 compounds of racing tires are allowed?

Oh - and now that damage is available in 1.03 what damage setting will this league use?

(sorry, between here and the NRL thread I ask a million questions)

UFRA

Also Mush, Advan and I have decided on our team name.

Foxtrot Oscar

:D So you can officially list us in the OP now since we're all sorted out for the #24 GT-R.

I'll PM you our PSN ID's so lurkers don't harass us. :p

Mush

UFRA said:
Also Mush, Advan and I have decided on our team name.

Foxtrot Oscar

:D So you can officially list us in the OP now since we're all sorted out for the #24 GT-R.

I'll PM you our PSN ID's so lurkers don't harass us. :p
Thanks for that. Added you both to the entry list.

Mush

TylerD said:
Leunam is joining me in the Tom's Petronas SC 430 08' and our team name is Vandalay Motorsports.
Added, thanks for that. May I ask the reasoning behind the name?

Over the course of the last 24 hours, we've managed to double the number of full teams entered. Good job everyone! :D

h3ro

Got confirmation that I'll be teaming with Salacious Crumb and we'll be driving the #3 YellowHat GT-R. :D

No team name yet, we'll come up with something.

GodofWine

Mush said:

Bingo..4pm Philadelphia Time...

Ok, My team info:

Driver #1 - (me) GodofWine (PSN - Skigazzi)
Driver #2 - (future) GAF name is Shadybiz, PSN - Shadybiz

Team Name - Killing Zombie Gordon Racing (KZG Racing)

Unofficial Team Motto - "Did you mess up somewhere?"

We'll be drivin the old broken 'yota, so we have an excuse for losing...and bragging rights should we win (we won't)

Leunam

TylerD said:
Leunam is joining me in the Tom's Petronas SC 430 08' and our team name is Vandalay Motorsports.

Yay! And just when I thought up another Seinfeld related name too. >.>

Looking forward to the start of the season.

mush, is the final spot still available?
one of 2k members will commit full time.
his gaf handle is ecnal. his teammates will be me and smokey.
is it cool if im on standby on two teams?

Mush

AdvanS13 said:
too bad there is no damn rotary gt cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtOCssM5TgU
It's the class below the cars we're using, though. Maybe next time? ;)
viakado said:
mush, is the final spot still available?
one of 2k members will commit full time.
his gaf handle is ecnal. his teammates will be me and smokey.
is it cool if im on standby on two teams?
Yup, that's cool. Just give me the details for who's driving the Autech Motul GT-R and the YellowHat Supra.

Gutterboy, I made a team name and whipped up a banner. Let me know what you think.

0G9HV.png

h3ro

Salacious Crumb said:
Just purchased my Yellowhat GT-R :D

I should be able to pick mine up this weekend. :D

We need a team name... we should try to do a brainstorming session while running a few laps to set up the car online.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
UFRA said:
I just bought that car for the other GAF Racing League events. Just tried it out on the Top Gear track now. It's fantastic. :D
hell ya!...without clicking the youtube is it the RE Amemiya FD? im up to around 700k i think. still saving for our team car.

no oil change trick right?

i want to make a team banner!

UFRA

AdvanS13 said:
hell ya!...without clicking the youtube is it the RE Amemiya FD? im up to around 700k i think. still saving for our team car.

no oil change trick right?

i want to make a team banner!

Yup, that's indeed the RE Amemiya FD (the yellow one). It's also a very reasonably priced race car at only 500,000. I definitely recommend it for our other league, especially since we can't use the blue RE Amemiya since it has "unknown" stats. ;)

Fantastic job on the banner!! It's awesome. :D

Also, I asked about the oil trick a few pages ago and Mush said he thought it was ok. I already changed the oil on my GT-R, and it went from 479HP to 502HP.

GodofWine

Are these cars competitve in the Expert and Extreme Races??

also

Can these cars be modified at all in the game...I know this league is run it as its bought (plus oil change)...900,000 is a hard pill to swallow...give me a silver lining that this car will earn some of it back.

GodofWine said:
Are these cars competitve in the Expert and Extreme Races??

also

Can these cars be modified at all in the game...I know this league is run it as its bought (plus oil change)...900,000 is a hard pill to swallow...give me a silver lining that this car will earn some of it back.

You have to buy a GT Car for one of the extreme races anyways. Besides, they're the best ~500hp cars in the game, fantastic to drive. But it just won't compete with the Toyota 7's and 787B's of the world.

GodofWine

weekend_warrior said:
You have to buy a GT Car for one of the extreme races anyways. Besides, they're the best ~500hp cars in the game, fantastic to drive. But it just won't compete with the Toyota 7's and 787B's of the world.

At least is has its place..figure in Bspec its needed for a race as well...oh god it hurts to spend 900 of my 975 on one car....but I guess it'll win back half that?

Dibbz

Just found this thread. Id love to have the

Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06.

Does that mean I'd be partnered up with Angst? How do these teams work? Just like in F1? Or are we taking go's or something?

Mush

Dibbz said:
Just found this thread. Id love to have the

Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06.

Does that mean I'd be partnered up with Angst? How do these teams work? Just like in F1? Or are we taking go's or something?
Basically, you're taking turns for each race. So you might decide to do the first four races, and then swap with Angst for the rest of the season. Or something like that.

Juicy Bob said:
So, I'm about to buy my ARTA NSX. What's the procedure? I buy it, change the oil and then not touch it at all?
Pretty much.

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
I assume we can buy tires and start tweaking the suspension settings right?
You can use any Racing tires you want. The only settings you can tweak are the ones that car came with, so Suspension, LSD, Transmission, etc.

Mush

YOU SIR, WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE ONE OF THESE FINE AUTO MOBILES?

WELL GEE THAT SOUNDS SWELL MUSH. HOW DO I DRIVE CAR?

CLICK THE PICTURE AND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS WILL BE REALISED

Top Bottom