• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Omiee

you can count me in, who will i be driving along with..?
o wait does this mean i have to buy one of those cars. well count me in for the nissan than.

Mush

Omiee said:
you can count me in, who will i be driving along with..?
o wait does this mean i have to buy one of those cars. well count me in for the nissan than.
Actually, the Nissan is currently "pending", so you may have to choose one of the Lexus'. Sorry.

l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08

Get in contact with one of these dudes.

Mush

Omiee said:
hmm how much do they cost..? and when is the league starting
The league doesn't start until January. The cars are available from level 19 and start at $900,000 a pop in the dealership. They're all Premium.

Mush said:
Actually, the Nissan is currently "pending", so you may have to choose one of the Lexus'. Sorry.

l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08

Get in contact with one of these dudes.
:lol

No Lexus love?

Well I just got myself a partner: MikeDub.

GodofWine

Damnit..I went from have 1.1 million and about to buy the supra, to winning the RUF Yellowbird and being magically drawn to maxing it out for some reason...I need to grind out about 200,000 this week to buy the car....stupid impulses.

Mush

It is with my deepest regret that I have to announce that I will take no part in the League, racing or otherwise. Reasons for this I will keep private. If anyone is willing to take the reigns from me and keep the League on track, it would be greatly appreciated.

UFRA

Holy shit.

Hope everything is ok Mush. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I guess I'll be focusing my energy on the regular GAF Racing League instead then.

GodofWine

Damn...oh well...at the pace Im grinding funds out, I think I'll be lucky to have a car in time.

Hope all is well Mush.

League / Online will probably take off more in a few months once people are done grinding for cars / lvl / cash / and yelling at b-spec drivers to not brake in a sweeping turn...

AdvanS13

Neo Member
we could delay and restructure.

not sure if anyone noticed. but, i believe its the motech or autul has more torque than the other cars.

GodofWine said:
Damn...oh well...at the pace Im grinding funds out, I think I'll be lucky to have a car in time.

Hope all is well Mush.

League / Online will probably take off more in a few months once people are done grinding for cars / lvl / cash / and yelling at b-spec drivers to not brake in a sweeping turn...

Well the first race isn't scheduled until Jan. 8th, most people will probably be tiring of grinding by then. We still got plenty of time to get things re-organized.

GodofWine

weekend_warrior said:
Well the first race isn't scheduled until Jan. 8th, most people will probably be tiring of grinding by then. We still got plenty of time to get things re-organized.

true...lets see if a leader emerges.

I made a Google spreadsheet to try and organize all the team information. Some people need to find another teammate or confirm that they'll be driving solo. Also, post here when you've bought your car so we can start setting up track days to practice. As of right now the first race is still scheduled for January 8th.

UFRA

On the OP it says there's a track day scheduled for the 18th of this month. Are we sticking with that day too? I've got my car so I'd be up for it.

weekend_warrior said:
I made a Google spreadsheet to try and organize all the team information. Some people need to find another teammate or confirm that they'll be driving solo. Also, post here when you've bought your car so we can start setting up track days to practice. As of right now the first race is still scheduled for January 8th.

Does nobody really have the Yellow Hat Supra? I might want to switch cars if so.

Angst

UFRA said:
On the OP it says there's a track day scheduled for the 18th of this month. Are we sticking with that day too? I've got my car so I'd be up for it.
Yeah I suggest we get together this Sunday for a track day. We could just set up one or two rooms and announce the room number here before the event.

Edit - sorry to hear you have to pull out Mush. And you've worked so hard with promoting the league. Hopefully you could rejoin and get a honorary spot in the league.

Omiee

btw guys im in i just have to buy the car, i messaged both guys and they both want me in their team, so can u just choose one from the 2 for me, since i dont know them or something.
and tell me what car i should buy.

nvm i just saw im in the team with risen so i have to buy the lexus

h3ro

weekend_warrior said:

I'm teaming with Salacious Crumb in the YellowHat #3 GT-R!

UFRA said:

Accept my friend request! We need to work on a team name and we should do some track days to work on setups. :)

UFRA

h3ro said:
Accept my friend request! We need to work on a team name and we should do some track days to work on setups. :)

lol I'm guessing that was meant to be Salacious Crumb that you were speaking to? :p

Updated.

tKFOc.png

Anybody know who Mush was teamed with in the Raybrig?

Mush

Oh, hello.

Let's just say I might have jumped the gun a lil' bit when it came to saying that I was out of the league. I had some problems with uh, stuff that I won't bore you with. But I will be able to keep the league going again, if weekend_warrior (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't mind. If you guys are still keen to do a track day thing tomorrow, I personally won't be able to race or anything, but I'd love to hear that you guys had a good time. :)

ZpSm0.png

UFRA

Mush said:
Oh, hello.

Let's just say I might have jumped the gun a lil' bit when it came to saying that I was out of the league. I had some problems with uh, stuff that I won't bore you with. But I will be able to keep the league going again, if weekend_warrior (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't mind.

Welcome back then. :p

So are we sticking to the schedule for the track day?

Mush

UFRA said:
Welcome back then. :p

So are we sticking to the schedule for the track day?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, but if you guys want to still go ahead with it and organise something among yourselves, that'd be cool.

h3ro

Mush said:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, but if you guys want to still go ahead with it and organise something among yourselves, that'd be cool.

Good to have you back, bud. :)

Shall we make it for the same time Sunday, the 19th then?

Angst said:
So the track day is in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Who's going to participate and who is going to host it?

Fuck, I'm right in the middle of a b-spec enduro. Another hour and a half and it'll be done. What's the room code?

UFRA

Ok I'm gonna make a room since no one else is right now. Will update this post with the room number shortly.

Edit: Room number is 1472-6118-3701-4256-8653

Dibbz

That was good stuff tonight. Can whoever raced tonight put there gaf name and psn names just so I know who is who.

UFRA

Dibbz said:
That was good stuff tonight. Can whoever raced tonight put there gaf name and psn names just so I know who is who.

I was JM - the one hosting.

Good races guys, that was a fun practice. The rain was especially interesting. :lol

I think we need to petition Mush to let us use TCS :p :lol

Angst

Nice track day guys! Sadly I forgot to save the replay of my 0.006 seconds win over Toxian, otherwise I would have posted a screen of that close finish.

I'm looking forward to the league start, it will be quite interesting to race with full a room.

And I'm SWEandroid72 on PSN.

Top Bottom