• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Angst

Toxa said:
Toxa = Toxian

The Rain Master :D

for the new page :
You didn't happen to save the race where I beat you by a hair? Would love to have a photo finish pic of that. :D

Edit - btw, I sent you a friend request, but apparently your friends list is full.

Dibbz

bangladesh said:
I just made a room. Speed limit in my room is high! :D (828 hp)

1472-6118-3744-3753-9151
I'm done for the night now. Taking pictures of some of the races now though :D

Toxa

here my recap :

Five races tonight and 3 wins, It was my first online party among GAF, I didn't applied for the Super GT league but it was awesome, thrilling :D

first I'd like to apologize for the false start I didn't Understand how it worked and I tried to be respectful during all the races.

and Castrol TOM's Supra FTW :D

18.jpg

First race suzuka (5 laps) I did the pole position and that race was my biggest disappointment I lead the race for 3 laps with 7 seconds ahead before going into a spin in the first corner :( and I lost the first place.

I managed to catch up Angst who made a mistake in the spoon curve and I managed to overtake on the last corner but he managed to accelerate better than me and I lost the race on the finish line for a a inch (003)

Angst said:
You didn't happen to save the race where I beat you by a hair? Would love to have a photo finish pic of that. :D

Edit - btw, I sent you a friend request, but apparently your friends list is full.

LMAO, no I didn't saved that race :p
BTW in the last corner you hit my back and I almost lose control and I could not accelerate properly :(

tomorrow I will delete some friends ;)

Second race same track Suzuka (1lap) under the rain :)

during the qualifying session everyone seemed to be in trouble with the rain except me :p and once again another pole position for toxa :D

The Starting grid :

702970SuzukaCircuit18.jpg

My start was a disaster and I lost my rank :( the race was a real mess but raudi with his NSX managed brilliantly to take the lead.
I managed to reach the second place before the bridge trying to catch raudi

Raudi was comfortably ahead until the last corner

(I'm right behind)
543758SuzukaCircuit6.jpg

when a disaster occurred

917203SuzukaCircuit7.jpg

Raudi is in trouble

784229SuzukaCircuit8.jpg

and an easy win for the TOM's Team :D

506957SuzukaCircuit9.jpg

First Win for the Rain Master, I'm really sorry for raudi :( he dida great job

Third race Le MANS (1lap) by night no qualifying session

The Starting Grid
353334CircuitdelaSarthe20094.jpg

Randomly I'm in second place and Dibbz in pole position.

I took a slightly better start than Dibbz

519431CircuitdelaSarthe20095.jpg

and Finally I take the lead before the dunlop corner

709137CircuitdelaSarthe20096.jpg

940451CircuitdelaSarthe20097.jpg

I love that track and the race was quite easy for me, a perfect start, a perfact race and another win

679427CircuitdelaSarthe20098.jpg

Next race SSR5 (3laps) during the short qualifying session I was only able to get the third place.

(sorry no pics, forgot to record the race)

I took a good start but just before the tunnel someone hit my back and put me into a spin in the tunnel :(
Managed to reach the second place in the last lap, I don't remember the winner.

My Last Race At Suzuka again (3 laps) no qualifying session

The Starting Grid :

(1.SweAndroid78 2.Dibbz 3.Myself)
284592SuzukaCircuit10.jpg

The first corner is really tight between Dibbz and Myself
191614SuzukaCircuit11.jpg

I'm stuck behind him and I have to quickly overtake because SweAndroid78 is pretty fast !

I managed to overtake Dibbz right before the bridge
686755SuzukaCircuit12.jpg

Now I'm trying to catch up SweAndroid78 and he's really fast (gap 3 second) but during the second lap

841216SuzukaCircuit13.jpg

SweAndroid78 is in the grass

377451SuzukaCircuit14.jpg

I love that pics it looks so real !

914610SuzukaCircuit15.jpg

what a pleasant surprise

540585SuzukaCircuit16.jpg

I take the lead and another win for Tom's at Suzuka

740326SuzukaCircuit17.jpg

overall awesome party

UFRA

Nice recap! That was a lot of fun, only wish we had a bigger turnout.

Toxa, that was me that bumped you on SSR5 on the first turn. I just noticed you come into my view on the left (cockpit view) and wanted to give you some room and moved to the right a little. However, it was pretty tight and I nudged the wall slightly which in turn bounced me right into you. I should have just maintained my path and you probably would have made it by just fine. Sorry about that. :/

I did manage to climb my way up to first and win that race though. :) But you were gaining on me. I noticed once you took 2nd, you were gaining about 1 second on me per split on the last lap lol.

I had a 6 or 7 second lead on the others for a while, but then you closed it down to 4 I think by the end of the race.

Can't wait for the league to start. We gotta do another track day before the first race. That would be great.

UFRA

h3ro said:
what, no shots of UFRA taking me out at Turn 1 at Suzuka!?

:p

:lol Ugh don't remind me of that one. That one felt so stupid lol. I just barely clipped the edge of the grass as we were running neck and neck down the first straight and that was it - it happened so fast I couldn't even counter steer in time to prevent hitting you.

That's why I'd like another track day too. Doing laps by ourselves doesn't help prepare us for those crazy scenarios that can happen out there. :p

Toxa

UFRA said:
Nice recap! That was a lot of fun, only wish we had a bigger turnout.

Toxa, that was me that bumped you on SSR5 on the first turn. I just noticed you come into my view on the left (cockpit view) and wanted to give you some room and moved to the right a little. However, it was pretty tight and I nudged the wall slightly which in turn bounced me right into you. I should have just maintained my path and you probably would have made it by just fine. Sorry about that. :/

It's alright, it doesn't matter, sometimes it happens:D

UFRA said:
I did manage to climb my way up to first and win that race though. :) But you were gaining on me. I noticed once you took 2nd, you were gaining about 1 second on me per split on the last lap lol.

I had a 6 or 7 second lead on the others for a while, but then you closed it down to 4 I think by the end of the race.

LMAO really ? I know I was gaining on you but I didn't notice that I was so fast

h3ro said:
what, no shots of UFRA taking me out at Turn 1 at Suzuka!?

:p

in the last race ? tomorrow

Angst

Toxa said:
here my recap :
540585SuzukaCircuit16.jpg

overall awesome party
:-/ yeah that's me in the sand trap... I took the corner a bit too fast and spun out in the sand. Then I spent 30 seconds trying to get back on the track, when I finally got back on the tarmac my wheels were spinning like mad and as soon as they got grip again I did a 180 on the tarmac. :lol

But I got two wins on Suzuka so I'm pretty happy. I was sure it was going to be an relatively easy third win when I had first place in the last lap, but as Toxan was chasing me I got over-eager and pushed too hard.

Good party everyone! :D

Toxa

weekend_warrior said:
Hey I'm in that picture! Yaaaaa!

554879SuzukaCircuit19.jpg

the crazy NSX

822945SuzukaCircuit20.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBdhz0gilM&feature=related#t=4m49s :D

Angst said:
:-/ yeah that's me in the sand trap... I took the corner a bit too fast and spun out in the sand. Then I spent 30 seconds trying to get back on the track, when I finally got back on the tarmac my wheels were spinning like mad and as soon as they got grip again I did a 180 on the tarmac. :lol

But I got two wins on Suzuka so I'm pretty happy. I was sure it was going to be an relatively easy third win when I had first place in the last lap, but as Toxan was chasing me I got over-eager and pushed too hard.

Good party everyone! :D

and I did my best lap 1.59.017 btw you can send a friend request now ;)

I was thinking about the NRL youtube channel someone with the proper equipment could record our race and upload them on youtube :)

Dibbz

Very cool pictures Toxa. I only saved 2 replays myself, same suzuka one as you and la sarthe.

La Sarthe

Everyone trying to have a good clean race

5273724445_d97c48d6c7_b.jpg

Me overtaking Angst on the outside, he ends up driving through those green bollards :lol

5273724429_4eb0c29cf6_b.jpg

UFRA (aka JIM :p) trying to overtake me. Ends up beating me :(

5273724431_34c6c8f277_b.jpg

Monkey with some MEGA damage

5273724449_1950857bd9_b.jpg

Suzuka

Fighting going on between Jim and Monkey

5273724453_42032e3c01_b.jpg

Both go off the track

5274337324_ca4ee09ff5_b.jpg

Angst going backwards :lol

5274337340_49727fdd1f_b.jpg

UFRA's great comeback, I really need some soft tyres :(

5274337346_43a16cbdf6_b.jpg

AdvanS13

Neo Member
crap, i think i will just spill and get the super gt car....looks like you guys had fun. just worried about crashing it tons, and having a repair bill before the league starts....or does it not carry over when your playing online?

edit: great pics btw, a lot of "photo-realistic" ones.

Dibbz

AdvanS13 said:
crap, i think i will just spill and get the super gt car....looks like you guys had fun. just worried about crashing it tons, and having a repair bill before the league starts....or does it not carry over when your playing online?

You'll be alright. I only bought mine yesterday and went racing in it the same day and was fine :)

There isn't a repair bill as such btw but you can restore rigidity but that's always the same amount of Cr. no matter how much you crash it.

Monkey your car was a very sad panda after than massive crash. I watched it on my replay and it's like you didn't see the turn until you were actually in the wall :lol Did you try and outbreak Angst since you guys were side by side coming down to that turn?

I'd be up for another track day if you guys want to go again.

UFRA

AdvanS13 said:

Don't worry! No damage, or even miles driven are counted online. So if you buy the Super GT car, and go straight online with it - let's say you drive 40 miles - when you go back to GT Mode, your car will have 0.0 miles and still need no chassis or engine rebuild. Pretty nice feature. :)

Oil change of course is ok.

Once you get it I can share some settings with you if you'd like. After our track day yesterday I did a little more tuning and really have the car performing the way I want it. (mainly cancelling out the oversteer it has by default)

Edit: Great pics Dibbz!! That race on LeMans was so awesome between you and me. Slipstream overtaking was so fun. :p

UFRA

Not sure how many other Super GT'ers are out there for today, seems kinda quiet right now.

I'm gonna work on A-Spec a bit here and then after dinner I'll start a room if no one else has already. (I'll probably be ready around 7PM-ish Central Time.

If we can get a Super GT practice first, that would be great, but if only a few of us show up I'll also post in the GT5 OT and we'll get any Gaffers in just to have a fun track day.

I don't mind if I just keep a room open the rest of the night and people come and go as they please. Last night got me hooked on racing online (with competent people lol), so I'd like to take a break from the grinds of the game and do that for a while.

UFRA said:
Not sure how many other Super GT'ers are out there for today, seems kinda quiet right now.

I'm gonna work on A-Spec a bit here and then after dinner I'll start a room if no one else has already. (I'll probably be ready around 7PM-ish Central Time.

If we can get a Super GT practice first, that would be great, but if only a few of us show up I'll also post in the GT5 OT and we'll get any Gaffers in just to have a fun track day.

I don't mind if I just keep a room open the rest of the night and people come and go as they please. Last night got me hooked on racing online (with competent people lol), so I'd like to take a break from the grinds of the game and do that for a while.

I'll probably pop in for a while. If I can make a suggestion though, keep the races a little shorter, maybe 3 laps instead of 5. That way people who join late don't have to wait around forever to race.

Salacious Crumb

Oh sweet, I'm up for a race if/when someone sets it up.

Sorry for the lack of replies h3ro, I've had an incredibly shit and hectic week, I'm adding you on PSN now.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I'll probably pop in for a while. If I can make a suggestion though, keep the races a little shorter, maybe 3 laps instead of 5. That way people who join late don't have to wait around forever to race.

Totally agree. In fact later on yesterday we did go to only 3 lap races and it was much nicer.

Ok guys, room is going up shortly, will post room number here.

Whether you're in the league or not, join us. If you have a Super GT car let's try to do some Super GT practice first. If not, we can move on to racing anything.

Toxa

UFRA said:
Whether you're in the league or not, join us. If you have a Super GT car let's try to do some Super GT practice first. If not, we can move on to racing anything.

there is 2 super GT cars available in the arcade mode garage

UFRA

Room is up: 1472-6118-4259-7715-2982

And you're right Toxa, I forgot about that. So we can for sure do a few Super GT races to start things out.

Toxa

The party is over for me and once again it was fun

quickly (need some rest almost 5am here) I miss angst on Suzuka but overall Niks was the best contender, it was fast during the practice but he always fails during the race :(

My advice be careful, safety first, keep the car on the road .

my greatest win was on the nurbur with the BMW M3 almost a perfect race exept my spin :D

recap + pics later

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Toxa said:
The party is over for me and once again it was fun

quickly (need some rest almost 5am here) I miss angst on Suzuka but overall Niks was the best contender, it was fast during the practice but he always fails during the race :(

My advice be careful, safety first, keep the car on the road .

my greatest win was on the nurbur with the BMW M3 almost a perfect race exept my spin :D

recap + pics later
loved the m3 race gg!

Top Bottom