• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush said:
I know everyone isn't familiar with the new format (myself included), so perhaps we could do a practice before hand just so everyone's cool with it? Say 1930GMT to be safe?
Time is good. I'll need the practice since I haven't had the time.

Angst

ashk said:
1. You do qualifying as usual and start the race in the grid position for which you qualified. At the start, you slowly get of the line and get behind the person in front of you.
2. We've been doing it in second gear, that seemed to be the most adequate speed after a few tests. Of course there's nothing preventing you from shifting into whatever gear you want, but for safety reasons it's good to stay in second so your speed is limited.
3. We haven't had any crashes while testing. But (IMO) if someone crashes themselves in second gear they deserve it and the race should go on. But if some innocent gets crashed into it's another story, not sure what should be done then. That's why staying in second is crucial - if you're keeping a reasonable distance from the person in from the person in front of you it's almost impossible to crash into him, since there's no braking required for any of the corners.

The good thing about rolling starts is it spreads out the racers - in a standing start you're more bunched up, someone does a better start, someone does a worse one, and it's not uncommon to have 3 or 4 cars abreast heading into the first corner. With a rolling start, you shouldn't have more than 2 cars side by side going into the corner, depending on the distance from the starting line to the corner. That's the theory anyway.
Sounds good - in theory. :)

OK, let's go with the rolling start thing. But I will definitely look at the race replay later on to see if it actually works. And will be pretty vocal afterwards if it doesn't :D Hopefully any issues will be sorted out in practice and that way it has a much better chance of working.

Niks

Angst said:
Sounds good - in theory. :)

OK, let's go with the rolling start thing. But I will definitely look at the race replay later on to see if it actually works. And will be pretty vocal afterwards if it doesn't :D Hopefully any issues will be sorted out in practice and that way it has a much better chance of working.

Angst doesnt believe ;)

I know it sound complicated, but once you try it, its pretty straightforward. And it is a fact that it massively reduces the chance of a big incident at the first corner/lap. Anyways, Im sure the after the practice everyone will be happy.

Angst

Niks said:
Angst doesnt believe ;)

I know it sound complicated, but once you try it, its pretty straightforward. And it is a fact that it massively reduces the chance of a big incident at the first corner/lap. Anyways, Im sure the after the practice everyone will be happy.
Lol, we'll see... I fear that the parade lap will serve to make some people even more eager to push and I will be smashed into the wall by 6 cars coming up behind me... :D But, enough complaining from me - let's try it and see how it goes. If it works it works and I'll be very happy.

During the practice I shaved off 2 seconds of my NSX with the Calsonic GT-R using the online garage model (no tunning, break in, settings, etc) with almost no practice ...

Stupid weak NSX.

vissione said:
So this is on in 5 and a half hours for practice then main race? I've been tinkering with my stream setup trying to improve it. I always learn something new lol.
I don't know what you did, but the very first stream I saw from you was silky smooth, but recently it's been a lil bit choppy.

Niks

Metalmurphy said:
During the practice I shaved off 2 seconds of my NSX with the Calsonic GT-R using the online garage model (no tunning, break in, settings, etc) with almost no practice ...

The online garage Calsonic GT-R is easier to drive than the dealership models. Why? no idea.

Toxa

Metalmurphy said:

Stupid weak NSX.

yeah I know, so unfair :(

Dibbz

Good luck with the race tonight Angst.

I was a bit dubious about rolling starts to, but when we tested it the other week it worked really well. Hopefully we get more people on the track on the 2nd lap than in the pits this week.

Angst

Mush: I think you need to log into GT5 once with the Super GT account... I have it in my friends list on the XMB, but it doesn't show up on the in-game friends list.

Angst said:
Mush: I think you need to log into GT5 once with the Super GT account... I have it in my friends list on the XMB, but it doesn't show up on the in-game friends list.
Duh. Ofc he does. He should also set the lounge settings in it.

Angst

Seems like the 1930 GTM practice is off. Nobody online... So much for testing the parade lap. :/

I've tired of waiting. Will watch a movie so I'm rested before the race. I'll check the thread from time to time and hop on if we get a server started.

Niks said:
We need mush for that? Anyways room is up until mush gets here
The only thing Mush needs to do is login to GT Life at least once and config the lounge settings. Oh and accept the friend invites ofc. After that he doesn't need to do anything,

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
The only thing Mush needs to do is login to GT Life at least once and config the lounge settings. Oh and accept the friend invites ofc. After that he doesn't need to do anything,

That's true. But I see Mush's personal account online in TV, so he's not there. It's his family (apparently) on the PS3 so yelling at him through PSN messages won't work. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, what a clusterfuck. Nearly 5PM starting time again.

I ain't mad, man. But, Mush, dude, you really do need to lay some groundwork and get a backup (like Metal) for the races you aren't in/directing so we can get things going.

Juicy Bob said:
I'm so confused, how do I get in the new room?
if u have "gafsupergt" on ur FL just join its lounge, doesnt matter if he is offline.

If not u need to join through someone already on the lounge. Do it by clicking the yellow icon on top of the lounge icon

Juicy Bob

Metalmurphy said:
If not u need to join through someone already on the lounge. Do it by clicking the yellow icon on top of the lounge icon

That's the stupid thing, I'm not getting the yellow icon. All I do is try and join the lounges and get an empty race track. :S

Juicy Bob

Metalmurphy said:
do u have the supergt account on ur FL?

Yes, but it hasn't accepted me yet.

Seriously guys, it's too much of a mess around for you, just go without me. I'm sorry to have fucked you all around but I have no idea why it won't work.

Top Bottom