• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush

OK, I've followed in MM's wake and created a new proxy account for the League. Everyone is to add GAFsuperGT to their friends list. The host's for the remaining rounds will sign in to this account to set up the lobby settings and what not, then sign back into their main account used for racing while remaining in the lobby. By going down to the Community tab and finding the GAFsuperGT icon on the list, you will be able to join the Lounge, even though it's offline. Cheers, Kaz.

Angst

Sorry for not joining you tonight. I wanted to listen Mubarak's speech and now I'm going to bed :/

I added the new account mush.

Mush said:
OK, I've followed in MM's wake and created a new proxy account for the League. Everyone is to add GAFsuperGT to their friends list. The host's for the remaining rounds will sign in to this account to set up the lobby settings and what not, then sign back into their main account used for racing while remaining in the lobby. By going down to the Community tab and finding the GAFsuperGT icon on the list, you will be able to join the Lounge, even though it's offline. Cheers, Kaz.

I told you guys to do this like 10 times before, now that you've seen it in action you finally do it.

Pfft.

:p

ashk

Sorry I had to leave toxa, something got bugged with my game after that awesome race :) couldn't open the chat and then after clicking on it 50 times the whole game froze and I couldn't move the cursor, I could only hear engine noises from the track :p

Toxa

ashk said:
Sorry I had to leave toxa, something got bugged with my game after that awesome race :) couldn't open the chat and then after clicking on it 50 times the whole game froze and I couldn't move the cursor, I could only hear engine noises from the track :p

mush is gone :(

i´m back from another week long work trip, and tomorrow i´ll introduce long time lurker and new member of the 2k runners team, Chimilosky.

Dude is a little shy and not a master on english, so i suspect that´s the reason why he doesn´t post.

But he´ll be there, "representing".

UFRA

Mush said:

You don't even have to use the account at all. We just need to add it to our lists.

For example, if I add GAFsuperGT to my friends list, I can then go into the Community tab and start hosting a room on GAFsuperGT's lounge (even though no one is in the lounge and GAFsuperGT is offline), regardless of being logged in as that account or not.

(Already tested this method with the other GAF racing league for practices. While logged into my own personal PSN account I was able to join GT5NRL's lounge, host a practice and then everyone else could join from there. Easy peasy.)

Dead Man

Mush said:
Good choice, I really like that system for the NRL, makes practise really easy too, just go see if anyone is in the room.

Niks

Salacious Crumb said:
Assuming it's fine with h3ro I'll be racing this week, I haven't put a single lap of practice in yet D:

You should be around the 1.34.00 mark if I can guess correctly.

Angst

Seeing as it would be nice to have more people from NA in the practice I think it would be better to have a practice session at 21.00 GMT (i.e. two hours later). Better Toxa? :)

Toxa

Angst said:
Seeing as it would be nice to have more people from NA in the practice I think it would be better to have a practice session at 21.00 GMT (i.e. two hours later). Better Toxa? :)

too late :p

Angst

I'm starting a room now. Anybody is welcome to join of course. I was going to use the GAFsuperGT lobby, but it seems either Mush hates me or hasn't gotten around to adding me yet :D

I'll post the room # here shortly.

Room# is 1472 4711 0038 4892 3818

UFRA

I'm definitely unable to make it for this weekend's race, so I won't be attending the practice. Just don't feel like it at the moment lol.

Toxa

nice practice tonight, it was better in the new room.

first I was frustrate by the splitstream effect and also frustrate by some drivers during the practice, they just go bonsai in the corner, or bumping on the wall doing erratic and unpredictable move to protect their position ...

it was dangerous and even more annoying when the damaged was set on heavy, they tried to protect their position with their damaged and crazy car ... wtf

gunter screwed 2 of my race with such behaviour :(

You are still welcome for the next practice but behave professionally.

with straght line like R246, Fuji or Monza the lexus teams will screwed by the GTR or some NSX , really unfair :(

it's really easy to follow a car in this track (I noticed that the car understeer a lot when you're behind a car) even if you are a bit slower and you can easily get caught in a endless battle due to the straight line :(

trying to evade from the car behind you think you're a fast but it's impossible to catch the car ahead which escapes.

so one again tough race (as usual) tomorrow especialy for the lexus drivers.

I expect to be caught in several endless battle so the walls will make the difference

Toxa said:
nice practice tonight, it was better in the new room.

first I was frustrate by the splitstream effect and also frustrate by some drivers during the practice, they just go bonsai in the corner, or bumping on the wall doing erratic and unpredictable move to protect their position ...

it was dangerous and even more annoying when the damaged was set on heavy, they tried to protect their position with their damaged and crazy car ... wtf

gunter screwed 2 of my race with such behaviour :(

You are still welcome for the next practice but behave professionally.

with straght line like R246, Fuji or Monza the lexus teams will screwed by the GTR or some NSX , really unfair :(

it's really easy to follow a car in this track (I noticed that the car understeer a lot when you're behind a car) even if you are a bit slower and you can easily get caught in a endless battle due to the straight line :(

trying to evade from the car behind you think you're a fast but it's impossible to catch the car ahead which escapes.

so one again tough race (as usual) tomorrow especialy for the lexus drivers.

I expect to be caught in several endless battle so the walls will make the difference

I predict this will be a "don´t hit anything and you get a podium" type of race.

Walls have no mercy.

Once again, 2krunners will be represented tomorrow by newcomer chimilosky

That´s his PSN name and he will add the host to be able to join. Are you guys doing a regular start? or a rolling one?

Chimilosky tells me he still can´t post cause he´s a junior. I don´t know if juniors are this restrained or if he´s just being lazy. Either way, he´s racing.

Niks

short practice tonight. Had a nice battle with Toxa.

uRAqq.jpg

07Ac7.jpg

As seattle said it will be a battle of survival. Unforgiving walls and passing lapped cars without getting any damage cars will be crucial.
I think we are doing rolling start so that will help out a lot.

seattle6418 said:
Chimilosky tells me he still can´t post cause he´s a junior. I don´t know if juniors are this restrained or if he´s just being lazy. Either way, he´s racing.

Of course juniors can post. If he can't post it means his account hasn't been activated yet, not because he's a junior.

Mush

I have no idea what's happening regarding the start tomorrow. I wasn't planning to race tomorrow but Stillmatic hasn't gotten back to me yet. :/ If you guys are confident that the new starting system will work I'm more than happy to allow it to be used for this round and the next.

Again, everyone is to add to their friends list GAFsuperGT.

UFRA

Mush said:
I have no idea what's happening regarding the start tomorrow. I wasn't planning to race tomorrow but Stillmatic hasn't gotten back to me yet. :/ If you guys are confident that the new starting system will work I'm more than happy to allow it to be used for this round and the next.

Again, everyone is to add to their friends list GAFsuperGT.

I'm not racing tomorrow, but I would definitely recommend the new rolling start method for the race.

That first corner is EXTREMELY hazardous in this case since it's a 90 degree angle. If one person isn't paying attention and brakes late it will be a disaster. The more people can be spaced out, the better.

Mush

UFRA said:
I'm not racing tomorrow, but I would definitely recommend the new rolling start method for the race.

That first corner is EXTREMELY hazardous in this case since it's a 90 degree angle. If one person isn't paying attention and brakes late it will be a disaster. The more people can be spaced out, the better.
I know everyone isn't familiar with the new format (myself included), so perhaps we could do a practice before hand just so everyone's cool with it? Say 1930GMT to be safe?

Niks

Mush said:
I know everyone isn't familiar with the new format (myself included), so perhaps we could do a practice before hand just so everyone's cool with it? Say 1930GMT to be safe?

Sound good to me.

The steps are pretty simple.

- qualify as normal.
- Host starts the race
- Parade lap begins, polesitter leads the field
- Everyone stays on their qualifying spot and in second gear, single file, making sure not to crash or overtake any car during the parade lap.
- Each racer can only floor it when their car passes the start/finish line.

brentech

I know I'm not available, and pretty sure nothing has changed on Blu's end, so team Mad Hatters will go un-represented tomorrow.

Godspeed.

UFRA

Mush said:

Niks can show you guys around. He can be the official representative for The Rolling Start™

Toxa

Mush said:

I'm in ;)

brentech :( for the next season I was thinking to add a third driver who could replace the other drivers.

@Niks beautiful pics.

Lazlow can fight for the win today :)

Angst

So we are going ahead with a rolling start? Not sure how I feel about that. But it is worth a try I suppose.

Things I'd like to know:
1. How do we know what place we should start in?
2. What speed will the parade lap be done at?
3. If we get a crash during the parade lap, what then? It shouldn't happen, but let's face it - it will happen.

I may come across as negative here, but imo rolling starts only leads to first corner crashes at 280 kmh instead of 180... :p

ashk

Angst said:
So we are going ahead with a rolling start? Not sure how I feel about that. But it is worth a try I suppose.

Things I'd like to know:
1. How do we know what place we should start in?
2. What speed will the parade lap be done at?
3. If we get a crash during the parade lap, what then? It shouldn't happen, but let's face it - it will happen.

I may come across as negative here, but imo rolling starts only leads to first corner crashes at 280 kmh instead of 180... :p

1. You do qualifying as usual and start the race in the grid position for which you qualified. At the start, you slowly get of the line and get behind the person in front of you.
2. We've been doing it in second gear, that seemed to be the most adequate speed after a few tests. Of course there's nothing preventing you from shifting into whatever gear you want, but for safety reasons it's good to stay in second so your speed is limited.
3. We haven't had any crashes while testing. But (IMO) if someone crashes themselves in second gear they deserve it and the race should go on. But if some innocent gets crashed into it's another story, not sure what should be done then. That's why staying in second is crucial - if you're keeping a reasonable distance from the person in from the person in front of you it's almost impossible to crash into him, since there's no braking required for any of the corners.

The good thing about rolling starts is it spreads out the racers - in a standing start you're more bunched up, someone does a better start, someone does a worse one, and it's not uncommon to have 3 or 4 cars abreast heading into the first corner. With a rolling start, you shouldn't have more than 2 cars side by side going into the corner, depending on the distance from the starting line to the corner. That's the theory anyway.

Top Bottom