• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

I'm against voice chat.

It saves bandwidth if it's off.
Also It would mess up my concentration, I wanna hear the revs not some constant back noise from someones PlaystationEye.

Having watched the replay, I think some of you were too close to each other on the parade lap, there was even an overtake oO.

The Seks, InEffect, Ace and Mush group wasn't even 1 car length most of the time when it should be 2 cars length at least.

As for damage... Light damage could work, we would have to test it. I hate the idea of penalties though.

Dibbz

weekend_warrior said:
I hate the idea of taking damage off. Completely ruins the experience imo. I just think they're are too many people who don't come to the practices, show up on race on race day unprepared, and (intentional or not) ruin the race for people who do put in a lot of time.
I agree. There are a handful of people who come to the practices. The people that don't always seem to be going a lot slower than everyone else, are unaware of how to race with other drivers and don't seem to know where the best places to overtake and let people by are etc.

It should be a requirement that sometime during the week before the race everyone who is going to take part should take part in practice.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Congrats Angst on the podium.

I just watched the first 10 or so laps of the replay. How did you end up getting so much damage on the parade lap though? I couldn't make much out. Glad you stuck it out though, got yourself and the team some very good points.

Sounds like the rest of the race went a bit crazy for others. I'm not sure how there was so much mayhem even with a rolling start though. Was there a lot of lag or something?
Thanks Dibbz!

I started in last place for some reason. Seemed odd to me as, judging from the race, I'm not the slowest guy around. Certainly not the fastest either - I expected to start in the middle. I got all the crazy damage when Docretes was suddenly right in front of me. I think he had to brake hard but he just teleported into my bumper. I got slammed around and decided the pits was a good place to start the race :p
Dibbz said:
I agree. There are a handful of people who come to the practices. The people that don't always seem to be going a lot slower than everyone else, are unaware of how to race with other drivers and don't seem to know where the best places to overtake and let people by are etc.

It should be a requirement that sometime during the week before the race everyone who is going to take part should take part in practice.
Very true! I've learned (and hopefully improved) a lot from the practice sessions. Without them I would've tried overtaking in the wrong places etc. Things I did try in the practice and consequently slammed Toxa into the walls... Better in practice where we can just restart than in races.

Niks

weekend_warrior said:
I hate the idea of taking damage off. Completely ruins the experience imo. I just think they're are too many people who don't come to the practices, show up on race on race day unprepared, and (intentional or not) ruin the race for people who do put in a lot of time.

I agree weekend, but thats not going to change, you cant force people to practice.

Im pretty pissed off because I have dedicated the time, so it sucks coming up to a backmarker limping around the track and runing your race (intentional or not). On EVERY race ive raced this season, Ive gotten damage when passing a backmarker who cant keep his car on the road(due to damage or otherwise). I think it says alot when practice session are better than the actual race.

Light damage could fix this issue for all of us.

I repeat, we as a grid are not skilled enough to race with damage. Someone will always pay for that.

Toxa

full damage wasn't really an issue in the previous races, but in street circuits it's unforgiving.

but keep it it's a way to balance the championship

Toxa

thanks guys it wasn't easy today once again I was lucky ...

It was the scariest race that I lived ... I saw so many people crash into the wall and I was always undamaged .

first the qualify was a failure I was third and I started in 8th position wtf ...

my car was weird, slower than yesterday my best lap was 1.37. compare to 1.36 yesterday

the parade lap was a fiasco , Lazlow bumped on me during the parade lap xD and when the race started after the last corner I saw 3 or 4 cars in the straight line trying to overtake themselves in the part where track is getting narrower and I dreaded the mayhem and somehow I managed to slalom behind mush and the calsonic GTR hit my back (damn) but my car was undamaged I was so lucky !

later in the first lap mush was really slow I put the pressure on him and it payed mush bumped into the wall.

later I saw niks and the motul autech in bad shape and gutterboy in the pit .

I had good preparation for this race I knew when the tire was going to collapse when the grip will become precarious and when to pit.

my goal was to stick to the strategy, 1 pit stop ! avoid the walls and avoid the cars, drive (extremely) carefully and it worked pretty well.

I wasn't the fastest car today but my strategy was perfect.

I'm really sorry for gutterboy and angst.

I was scared the entire race, it's the first win for Capsule Corp Racing it was really important to get a good result today because the 2 next race will be difficult.
I'm really happy !)

I am sad to see that the Smang team missed another race today :(

180899_1860068268478_1444050301_32149190_4419871_n.jpg

the cleanest car of the day :D

Mush

Sorry dudes, again for the confusion and shenanigans that happened this morning. Big big ups to MM and especially Angst for hosting and keeping everything together. I'm no longer able to race this season but I think it's best I continue to attend each meeting just so everyone's not running around asking "What would Mush do?". Congrats again to Toxa who pretty much drove a flawless race.

Just a few props and slops.

-The rolling start didn't quite work. I know this because I accidentally crashed into the rear of TheSeks before we had even reached the starting line. Like, before the kink in the straight. That's not good.

I'm not trying to blow my own horn here but I urge everyone to look at the race replay from here onwards and watch the battle between myself and Juicy Bob which lasted for a good few laps. This, in my honest opinion is the perfect example of racing etiquette.

-We are both aware of where each other is on the track.
-We give each other enough room to pass, etc.
-We're not out to kill each other.
-And most importantly, we race fair.

Results and points are coming soon.

UFRA

Wow. Sounds like today's race was...........interesting.

If the rolling start didn't help, then that means people were being naughty. ;)

However, I understand if we don't use it again since with a large group it's always hard to get everyone to follow the directions perfectly. Just doesn't sound like it will work.

I see two directions to go in order to fix the league's problems:

A) Make it more casual. Light Damage, no rankings, allow TCS, just a bunch of dudes racing on weekends together in Super GT cars.

B) Make it more hardcore. Mandatory attendence of at least 1 practice during the week even if it's just for one or two quick races. Lap time filter. If you're so slow you can only do a 2:30 on Tokyo, then you can't race.

The bottom line is, we're driving Super GT cars in a driving simulator with no assists, and yet we have people showing up to race who attended 0 practices. We have this mix of hardcore settings but then allow people to just do whatever they want.

IMO, we need to make it either casual or hardcore, not this mix we have going now. (and I think it should go the casual way since I don't feel it would be right to filter people out for races when the original idea of this league was for anyone/everyone)

Disclaimer: I didn't get to see today's race at all, so obviously you guys know more than I do as far as what the problems were. The things I posted above have been floating around in my head for a while though, ever since I started to consistantly notice some people not being as dedicated as others. I'm just trying to identify the core issue.

*inserts 2 cents into machine*

Edit: And I also want to say, I think some kind of change is needed at this point. Ever since the horrendous events of Suzuka, we began stressing more and more for people to "be careful". Yet here we are with arguments and frustrations on the most recent race after people have been told over and over again to "be careful". I don't think that's going to cut it anymore.

Lets not get drastic after this race, keep in mind that Tokyo R246 is a very difficult track, with little to no margin for error, and a mistake for one person often leads to a crash for another.

Fuji doesn't have these problems. It has plenty of technical turns, but it's not a course that's hard to avoid damage or other people. It will be very telling to see how everyone does on this track, and who's clearly not committed to putting time into the league.

UFRA said:
If the rolling start didn't help, then that means people were being naughty. ;)

However, I understand if we don't use it again since with a large group it's always hard to get everyone to follow the directions perfectly. Just doesn't sound like it will work.

This is just embarrassing. I remember while we were testing that we joked how people would still find a way to crash during the parade lap, but I honestly didn't think it would happen. It's obviously a case of people trying to win the race on the first lap. smh.

I am totally on board with URFA. We are definitely trying to satisfy two incompatible aspects, open casualness and proper competition. There are a lot of good racers in this league but every race has seemed to been spoiled by people who are too far off the pace or inexperienced. The NGRL seems like it should be for the all access casual people and the SuperGT for people who can race with no assists, have a concept of racing etiquette and know when someone is on your tail for several turns about to lap you. I am sorry but there is no excuse for, "I didn't know he was behind me" when you are isolated and about to be lapped that early. You have so many indicators!! A) you are way behind and messing up B) Your split time to leader flashes in red three times every lap showing that, hey your distance to leader is almost as much as it takes to do a full lap C) Your god damn mirrors D) Noise E) Track map and F) Look behind button.

I understand that no one is mistake free. But if getting around the course in one piece 10 seconds off the race pace takes 100% of your concentration, you might want to join the other league. We put so much effort into all of these starts, practices, race previews, race video caps, picture montages, etc.

Open the flood gates of casualness and I won't complain about a damn thing or tighten up the rules and lets actually have some proper races.

ashk

I like the idea of the league being open to everyone, so I'm not fond of the idea of a 107% rule or some equivalent. But I do expect everyone to put in practice time so they can drive the track consistently at their own pace and be aware of their surroundings. So I like the idea of a mandatory practice session - I've been in 3 practices for this race (which I wasn't even racing in) and it's always mostly the same people 5-6 there. And practicing a track with real people is something everyone should do a least once to get a feel about where it is possible to overtake or be overtaken.

But maybe a kneejerk solution isn't the best and making a practice session mandatory is too much. So maybe we could try to make 2 or 3 official practice sessions announced in advance instead of 2 people making a room and then waiting for hours until someone else sees the post. And then if the races still go on the same it mandatory practices might be considered.

Angst

For season 2 I have the following idea:

* Everybody is welcome to be in the league
* We have a mandatory qualification session the day before race day. During that session lounge is up for 2 hours. You don't have to be there the whole time, just set a time you're happy with and make sure the host is aware of your time.
* After the qualification session we post the 16 best times in the thread. Start order is based on these times. If you didn't place in the top 16 times you can't participate in the race. You're welcome to start practice on the next track and hopefully you'll be able to qualify then.
* During race day the host start the lounge one hour prior to race start. That way we can sort everything out and start the race at the appointed time. During that time you can practice the track, but qualification doesn't count.
* At race start time we do 1 parade lap. During the lap we take the positions based on the previous day's qualification times.
* Host doesn't participate in the race but serves as a steward. We have voice chat enabled, but everybody has their mics on mute. Except the steward. Steward monitors the race and issues warnings where necessary. Of course he can't be everywhere at once, but if he monitors the live timing he can see what cars are close to each other and look at those cars. Host makes sure the parade laps goes well and has the authority to issue a "Race Restart - everybody quits for restart" if things goes really bad in the first lap.

I realize this puts a lot more burden on the organizer of the league and hence I think we should look for volunteers to take turns being host/steward. I would gladly volunteer to help mush out and I'm certain others would as well.

Thoughts?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Jeez, guys, sounds like MadHatters missed a crazy round! I need to watch the replay, stat ; )

May I suggest a bit of a 'head in the freezer' tactic for practicing? SuperGT are hot-tempered little beasts, but they are not the most untamed racers this game has to offer. So, whenever you feel that a certain combination of track/tires is going to push your limits for keeping a well-controlled racing line in your GT500, just take a Group C/CanAm racer to that same track and do a few laps. Even better, do that together with a few friends online.

Why I've noticed this normally helps:

SuperGT are very finely tuned, purebred racers. They have enough of everything - precise steering, downforce, braking nimbleness. Alas, they also have power suitable for highly trained drivers. Ergo, the most issues people tend to have with this class of vehicles is with throttle control, moreso when using a DS3.

Under those conditions, turning power up one notch tends to have a cooling effect on people. And Group C vehicles have all qualities SuperGTs have, plus some monstrous power/weight ratios. So try to tame those on the given circuit, then you'll find your GT500 obedient and loving.

/end of Group C pitch

Angst said:
For season 2 I have the following idea:

* Everybody is welcome to be in the league
* We have a mandatory qualification session the day before race day. During that session lounge is up for 2 hours. You don't have to be there the whole time, just set a time you're happy with and make sure the host is aware of your time.
* After the qualification session we post the 16 best times in the thread. Start order is based on these times. If you didn't place in the top 16 times you can't participate in the race. You're welcome to start practice on the next track and hopefully you'll be able to qualify then.
* During race day the host start the lounge one hour prior to race start. That way we can sort everything out and start the race at the appointed time. During that time you can practice the track, but qualification doesn't count.
* At race start time we do 1 parade lap. During the lap we take the positions based on the previous day's qualification times.
* Host doesn't participate in the race but serves as a steward. We have voice chat enabled, but everybody has their mics on mute. Except the steward. Steward monitors the race and issues warnings where necessary. Of course he can't be everywhere at once, but if he monitors the live timing he can see what cars are close to each other and look at those cars. Host makes sure the parade laps goes well and has the authority to issue a "Race Restart - everybody quits for restart" if things goes really bad in the first lap.

I realize this puts a lot more burden on the organizer of the league and hence I think we should look for volunteers to take turns being host/steward. I would gladly volunteer to help mush out and I'm certain others would as well.

Thoughts?

While I like some of these ideas I think we need to temper our expectations of what we want from the league and instead work with what is on offer. If we can keep regulations to options that can be implemented in the game itself then we can keep things even across the board. I don't think we should start excluding people from the series because I don't want to make this league a serious affair. Of course I want fair races, people not playing bumper cars etc but there is a huge difference between taking something seriously and just playing properly, the latter I think we are all capable of.

Niks has it right:

Niks said:
as a grid are not skilled enough to race with damage.

So let's cater to what we have and try to maxmize the fun for everyone.

Angst

I'd like to keep using heavy damage for the rest of this season. Fuji and Monza has much more space to avoid collisions and lots of run-off spaces as well. So unless people forget to use the brakes in the first chicane (ok, people will forget that...) there won't be as much damage next couple of rounds.

Dead Man

Wow, sounds like I missed quite the event. I want to echo the calls for minimal technical rules, simply because there is no way to implement them that does not result in way too much work for what I see as something that should be fun.

Angst

Dead Man said:
Wow, sounds like I missed quite the event. I want to echo the calls for minimal technical rules, simply because there is no way to implement them that does not result in way too much work for what I see as something that should be fun.
My proposal would mean more work for the host. Only thing asked of the participants is to show up sometime during the two hour practice period and set a time. We can skip the voice comm thing as that would be a lot harder to implement.

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
The latter. I didn't wanna say anything cause it was already 1 hour too late lol
No wonder you guys had problems with the grid order then.

You have to do a track reset before you start qualification, or else the practice lap times will be counted.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Practice wouldn't be a problem if there was a set time a week for two different areas.

As it is: You've got EU people playing late (their time) which is too early for US people (like me) that are busy with other things.

Or you've got US people playing late (their time) which is too late for EU people that have things to do in the morning.

Or you get room imcompetibility or "practice is now!"/seat-of-the-pants approach.

I would attend the practices if these two factors (time not being set, and open to the world's time-zone issue, seat-of-pants was "fixed"), but as it is it's hard to know when to show up for practice so I'm pretty much driving the track (slowly to avoid full damage, get used to car, which isn't enough for huge races with a bunch of cars and faster drivers lapping you) by myself for "practice." Which, obviously, isn't adquete.

If you guys want hardcore racers, that's fine. Count me out after the next race (where I'm sure I'll be dead last again trying to avoid damaging others and avoiding damage on my car as well), but it seems you guys are at the cross-roads at what you want this to be.

Just my casual (and after this race getting off GT5 until the save bug is fixed) racing experience with two races of chaos.

I will however throw my hat into the "no assists is a neat idea, but on a DS3 it's murder" arena. I ain't saying "DERP CONTROLLER IS HARD" as it takes adjusting and by myself with no cars around I can do the no assists. But with other cars and the "steering lock" of the DS3, it makes it deadly for other cars to pass in a corner.

Now that the GAFSuperGT lounge is working I think practice is gonna be alot easier. Instead of you guys practicing alone offline, practice on the GAFSuperGT lounge. Eventually someone else is gonna wanna practice there as well, and people will start gathering up.

Angst

Dibbz said:
No wonder you guys had problems with the grid order then.

You have to do a track reset before you start qualification, or else the practice lap times will be counted.
Actually as we moved to the SuperGT Lounge we skipped practice altogether and that's why I didn't do a track reset. We "practiced" for 1 hour in my lounge, so 15 minutes of practice in the new lounge didn't make sense to me. :p

MM's idea is very good. I'll do all practice (wether alone or with others) in the SuperGT lounge from now on.

Everybody needs to add the GAFSuperGT to their FL btw. Docretes hadn't and MM had to dive out and add accept his FR 3 minutes before race start. Let's try to avoid this next Saturday. :)

Edit - I'm in the lounge now if anybody wants to do some laps.

Dead Man

Angst said:
My proposal would mean more work for the host. Only thing asked of the participants is to show up sometime during the two hour practice period and set a time. We can skip the voice comm thing as that would be a lot harder to implement.
As Seks has said, timing is still a problem. Between Euro, American, and Asian timezones, it is very difficult to make a time everyone can make, especially if they need to make time for the race the next day.

Angst

Dead Man said:
As Seks has said, timing is still a problem. Between Euro, American, and Asian timezones, it is very difficult to make a time everyone can make, especially if they need to make time for the race the next day.
Yeh, timezones are a bitch... ;-) ok, I didn't think of that. :p

Angst

Doing some practice on Fuji with The Seks now. Pit entry is pretty weird - on most track you can just basically aim for the pit entry and car gets on autopilot. On Fuji you'll have to navigate through a chicane before autopilot takes over.

Niks

I agree with UFRA, gutterboy and Mikedub.
We need some changes, either more hardcore or more casual.

The main problem we have right now is this one.

- Faster cars crashing into slower/damaged cars.

The easy fix?

- Turn light damage on.

That caters to both sides of the skill spectrum we currently have in the league. Skilled people will continue to be fast and be able to challenge for the win, and unskilled drivers will not have to be limping around the track every few laps due to damage causing even more wrecks in the process.
Pretty simple really IMO.

Angst

I agree as well. I'd prefer with going more hardcore. Or splitting the league in two divisions - one hardcore and one softcore.

Fuji shouldn't be the same pitstop fest though.

Angst said:
I agree as well. I'd prefer with going more hardcore. Or splitting the league in two divisions - one hardcore and one softcore.

Fuji shouldn't be the same pitstop fest though.

believe.

Anyway, I don't mind which way it goes, I can get enjoyment from both options. I would love to have a full grid of people who want to compete at a hardcore level on a weekly basis but I doubt we have enough people for that. Let's be inclusive rather than exclusive though, we haven't once hit a full 16 particpants let alone enough to split into two leagues.

Toxa

Niks said:
I agree with UFRA, gutterboy and Mikedub.
We need some changes, either more hardcore or more casual.

The easy fix?

- Turn light damage on.

The easy fix?

- Drive Carefully

Angst

MikeDub said:
believe.

Anyway, I don't mind which way it goes, I can get enjoyment from both options. I would love to have a full grid of people who want to compete at a hardcore level on a weekly basis but I doubt we have enough people for that. Let's be inclusive rather than exclusive though, we haven't once hit a full 16 particpants let alone enough to split into two leagues.
I know we have never had a full grid. So two leagues seems far fetched. But I do think we could get a full grid if we abandoned teams next season.

Edit - practice still going on in the SuperGT lounge. I have to get some food, but there where 4 playing when I left. I'll be there again later. Changed the oil after Tokyo just now and gained 25 BHP :D

TheSeks

I don't think I have the skill for this.

1:56 or there about lap times just trying to keep the car on the track. Tweaked everything and going "cutting the apex" throws me off the track. Maybe I need to be wider, but that doesn't seem like the "race car" thing to do. :/

Angst

TheSeks said:
I don't think I have the skill for this.

1:56 or there about lap times just trying to keep the car on the track. Tweaked everything and going "cutting the apex" throws me off the track. Maybe I need to be wider, but that doesn't seem like the "race car" thing to do. :/
Watch one of the others do a lap. Look at their lines, where they break, where they go easy and where they go full throttle. Also - you have one week until race day. Try doing 10 laps per day and times should go down.

Dibbz

Pretty good practice.

Started at 1:37's and ended with low 1:35's. Toxa managed to break into 1:34 though so still a way to go yet.

Sek listen to Angst. Just watch other peoples laps when practicing and check the throttle and break gauges. They can help show you where you are going wrong.

If you have a problem with spinning out all I can suggest is take it easy for a few laps. Learn the corners, and slowly start building speed up lap by lap. When you spin out you are pushing to hard. You'll eventually get a feel for how fast each turn can be taken and you should start to build a rhythm.

BTW I wouldn't recommend adjusting settings in your car until you can do some decent lap times comfortably. Tweaking should be used to get that little bit extra from your car. No amount of adjusting is going to stop you from spinning out, thats something that you have to control.

Toxa said:

The easy fix?

- Drive Carefully

Really Toxa? Really? Come on, we have been echoing this since day 1 and come race weekend we always get people moaning how this hasn't happened. So seeing as we can't make the 'drive carefully' mantra any clearer how about we remove the effects of people not doing so.

Angst

I think we should stay with the settings for the rest of the season as Mush originally intended. Then decide what to do for next season. Only three races left this season.

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Pretty good practice.

Started at 1:37's and ended with low 1:35's. Toxa managed to break into 1:34 though so still a way to go yet.

1.35.6 with my lexus
1.34.4 with the supra 97

TheSeks

Braking and Acceleration/throttle isn't bad, it's just hard to do with the craptastical triggers of the DS3 compared to the 360/OG X-box triggers (too used to those from Forza. :/).

The steering lock is the issue I have. I go to the apex and like \ that, but my \ attempt turns into a:

-----OFF TRACK
\
\here's the apex
\
\START THE CORNER/BRAKE! (Edit: Damn, it totally broke my poor ASCII art in board formatting but doesn't in quote/edit mode. Fuck. :/)

attempt. I dunno if I can express this in photos or what, but it's hard to turn with the controller for me. I can't seem to get the car to "roll through the corners" like a normal/off PS3 car would generally go through the corner like that.

TheSeks said:
Braking and Acceleration/throttle isn't bad, it's just hard to do with the craptastical triggers of the DS3 compared to the 360/OG X-box triggers (too used to those from Forza. :/).

The steering lock is the issue I have. I go to the apex and like \ that, but my \ attempt turns into a:

-----OFF TRACK
\
\here's the apex
\
\START THE CORNER/BRAKE! (Edit: Damn, it totally broke my poor ASCII art in board formatting but doesn't in quote/edit mode. Fuck. :/)

attempt. I dunno if I can express this in photos or what, but it's hard to turn with the controller for me. I can't seem to get the car to "roll through the corners" like a normal/off PS3 car would generally go through the corner like that.

Can you record yourself doing laps and post it online? I have a feeling you're just trying to get on the gas too hard and too early.

Most of us DS3 users have a distinct disadvantage against the wheel users, but it still shouldn't hinder your ability to get around the track without constantly crashing.

TheSeks said:

-----OFF TRACK
\
\here's the apex
\

Part of it is the track, I am not familiar with this track and I found it really hard to guage the corners due to the wide run off's they all have. Your left with floor markings to determine where the track ends and the roadside begins. Practice is all I can say, I just did 20 laps and managed to get it down to a 1.34.***, a 1.33 with liberal use of the roadside on the final turn :lol

edit: I am a DS3 user

MikeDub said:
Part of it is the track, I am not familiar with this track and I found it really hard to guage the corners due to the wide run off's they all have. Your left with floor markings to determine where the track ends and the roadside begins. Practice is all I can say, I just did 20 laps and managed to get it down to a 1.34.***, a 1.33 with liberal use of the roadside on the final turn :lol

edit: I am a DS3 user
I wondered where you got that 1.33 from. So far 1.35.3xx for me.

Toxa

if the league becomes casual during the season or the next season I won't stay long :( , one reason why I applied for the league because I was thinking that the league would be (a bit) professional. but of course there will always casual drivers

I really enjoyed the practice but it's always with the same drivers (6 cars at best), where is the other half ... ?

@niks, lazlow IMO some scheduled mandatory practice might be the solution.

you must learn to behave yourself and drive carefully.

keep a safe distance when you try to lap a backmarker (or in any overtake) it means wasting time and drive more slowly (not 1.36 but 1.38 or 1.39) or let go the car .
Do not try to overtake in a crazy spot, do not rush, be patient you have plenty of time

here I'm behind Chimilosky in the second lap I was 6 second behind gutterboy in the narrower part of the track (before the last corner), his car was damaged I slowed down a lot, kept a safe distance and waited patiently for the straight line.

666905TokyoR24655.jpg

I lost a lot of time (the gap between me and Gutterboy has increased 6 to 11 second on the finish line)) but my car is still intact !

keep the full damaged, it allow to balance the race a slower driver can win a race if he make a clean race.

yesterday was a failure because of the track (street race = Narrow track = unforgiving walls) and a lot of drives wasn't wise !

for the next race IMO the damage won't be an issue

Toxa said:
if the league becomes casual during the season or the next season I won't stay long :( , one reason why I applied for the league because I was thinking that the league would be (a bit) professional. but of course there will always casual drivers

I really don't see how changing damage to light will make the league any less 'professional'. We still have everything else that we have now but we remove the issue of some drivers not being as strong as others. Who knows, 5 races in we see very little incidents as everybody relaxes and concentrates on the driving and we could turn it back on. The fact is some of the racers in the league aren't as good as others and damage doesn't benefit either groups right now.

Toxa

some pics

a storm is coming

946676TokyoR24636.jpg

433234TokyoR24637.jpg

720132TokyoR24638.jpg

seks trying to ruin my race

819601TokyoR24639.jpg

chim take the lead

674175TokyoR24640.jpg

Niks overtake Gutterboy

147149TokyoR24642.jpg

crazy spot for an overtake

303939TokyoR24649.jpg

143543TokyoR24643.jpg

he or they decided to get the short end of the deal.

740016TokyoR24644.jpg

326879TokyoR24645.jpg

406351TokyoR24647.jpg

the nsx was damaged during the incident

too much pressure for Mush

269355TokyoR24646.jpg

another wall

435700TokyoR24653.jpg

I take the 4th place
693767TokyoR24651.jpg

but I can't belive it his car is damaged but it's still able to overtake me wtf ? you are witness to the superiority of the NSX over the lexus :

484728TokyoR24652.jpg

but mush hit the wall again in the S curve (some smoke from the previous incident with niks)

339867TokyoR24654.jpg

the crah with gutterboy and konosuke

325916TokyoR24656.jpg

Drive through for gutterboy :(

602620TokyoR24657.jpg

his second attempt to pit ...

902725TokyoR24661.jpg

194090TokyoR24659.jpg

277324TokyoR24662.jpg

an incident involving Mush and Niks

402740TokyoR24663.jpg

261568TokyoR24664.jpg

Angst in the pit :

988677TokyoR24666.jpg

after my pit stop when I saw docretes staying in the track 2 more lap I knew it was crazy idea

582320TokyoR24667.jpg

another scray moment for me

605219TokyoR24668.jpg

351381TokyoR24669.jpg

fastest lap for niks during the race :

760582TokyoR24641.jpg

the backmarkers (seks, in effect mode, konosuke) were great with me during the race

Top Bottom